言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 237 238 239
By Guyford 2021-04-28 13:42:00  
What are the chances they make amplifier cost 6k segments but apply to all 3 fights in a session, to try to make ppl do multiple fights. Like kill Bumba, then use other jobs to do a t1/2 or 2.
Ex: Bumba-war dnc cor brd whm geo
Gogmagog-mnk pld smn blu thf pup
Sgili-sch run blm rdm nin sam
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-28 13:58:09  
I wouldn't waste my time if they attach the bonus to consecutive fights.

Being without support or good heals for a few extra RP is not worth it
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 14:10:49  
I mean, it would definitely be worth it if it doubles points until exit. That would get people to actually do it "as intended".

3 fights, 18 jobs "intended"
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2021-04-28 15:28:37  
I doubt any change made will ever make groups fight more than 1 NM before exiting. It would have to be a major adjustment. The 1 job per entrance is way too restrictive on most players and most groups blow all their 1hrs and buffing jobs on each fight anyways, because naegling zergs are fast and easy busted. Odyssey is just poorly designed content. Period. Imagine designing Odyssey and nerfing GEO and also wiping all buffs before entry... only for the community to bypass it with entrust indi spells on the entire party and then swap to another buffing job on top of it lol.
By SimonSes 2021-04-28 15:31:37  
Bahamut.Brixy said: »
I doubt any change made will ever make groups fight more than 1 NM before exiting. It would have to be a major adjustment. The 1 job per entrance is way too restrictive on most players and most groups blow all their 1hrs and buffing jobs on each fight anyways, because naegling zergs are fast and easy busted. Odyssey is just poorly designed content. Period. Imagine designing Odyssey and nerfing GEO and also wiping all buffs before entry... only for the community to bypass it with entrust indi spells on the entire party and then swap to another buffing job on top of it lol.

Entrust spells are kinda weak tho. Its just a small bonus.
By Guyford 2021-04-28 15:45:48  
I mean if they make the amplifier work the way I described, it would at least be worth it once you're done with bumba/T3s and are just trying to do some of the lower tier NMs for stuff you might have wanted/already use like the DA earring/ammo. You could use just 1 support per fight because those fights are pretty easy anyway even on +15.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-28 15:49:04  
That's besides the point. It just so happens that entrust is weak, but they didn't design Goal to operate that way in the first place. That was an oversight that undermines the whole job restriction.

The job restriction mechanic is just silly if we are being honest. Players find other unique ways to get around it (Naegling), or just don't bother don't 3NMs because there is literally no advantage.

I don't see them linking this bonus to it at all. I have been in several groups where we tried doing the second fight, and at least half of the group had no gear or ability to play their jobs on the fly. They "had" extra jobs, but it was in no position to be useful. And once you use up your good support jobs, there's literally no chance you're beating another +15 A3.

It's not a really good design. They would be better off slowly walking away from that concept.
By Guyford 2021-04-28 15:58:26  
I could see a group being able to do ongo on a 2nd run. Sch Run Blm Rdm should all be available, can toss in a smn and a nin or something and should be able to get it done.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-28 16:31:27  
"could see" a lot of people getting it done. "Is it worth the trouble" is the bigger question. The bonus would have to be really large to consider doing it that way. I'm sure I could envision a few fights I could make work across the jobs I have. Inventory is also another issue to consider, though. You would need to bring all your porter gear along with you. I personally cannot fit two jobs' worth of slips on me for an effective run.

I know for sure, no pug would ever be able to complete 2-3 A2/A3 NMs in a row, as those bosses have such a higher difficulty and stricter party setup, going to secondary jobs for a second boss probably isn't going to work out a lot of the time.
By Guyford 2021-04-28 16:44:51  
A2 NMs are pushovers except the cracklaw, and what I was saying was that the amplifier would triple rp for the whole run. So yes, this is certaintly worth the trouble.

I field 15 active jobs with a max addition of 30 pieces of gear for a couple of them, but most take an extra 10. How you could have trouble fitting gear for 3 jobs let alone 2 I can't understand.

Also anyone else noticing that he says mog segments in update notes, not moogle segments. Is this gonna be a new currency we only get from touching the end conflux? Was thinking of saving up segments for post update but if this is the case might as well keep using them all up.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-04-28 16:46:58  
SE also uses Moogle Mastery and Mog Mastery interchangeably; 99.99% chance there isn't anything new like that.
By Foxfire 2021-04-28 16:59:27  
japanese term for segments is モグセグメント (mogusegumento). mystery solved.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-04-28 17:18:27  
Guyford said: »
I field 15 active jobs with a max addition of 30 pieces of gear for a couple of them, but most take an extra 10. How you could have trouble fitting gear for 3 jobs let alone 2 I can't understand.

I play 16-17, and I can tell you I'm not the only person with this problem. The amount of swaps I have per job makes carrying 2-3 full sets of needed jse impossible.
By drakefs 2021-04-28 17:48:21  
Guyford said: »

Because some of us do not want to take 5~10 minutes to change our job?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-04-28 18:05:22  
All 22 jobs wear 5/5 Nayme, done and done

You don't need 200 pieces of gear to fight one boss. You can spare a couple fractions of second by not wearing every single piece of situation gear.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-04-28 18:08:52  
SimonSes said: »

Sounds like a lost opportunity too. It should cost RP not segments.

Considering the 1:1 exchange rate between RP and segments, it does in an indirect sense work that way. No way it would be as low as 392 RP for a single item of that potency, but it does exist.

I see this new amplifier also as a missed opportunity, just slightly different. Yet another example of SE not understanding their playerbase's complaints. This likely will only be beneficial for the groups struggling to get V15 wins, and allow them to spend more segments and fight things on easier difficulties for similar returns to V15. Best case scenario is the one you described that it costs the same as one Moglophone II and doubles your return- so it saves time, but doesn't fix the time gate of segments.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-04-28 19:34:41  
Quote:
I play 16-17, and I can tell you I'm not the only person with this problem. The amount of swaps I have per job makes carrying 2-3 full sets of needed jse impossible.

I think JSE capes are a bigger problem than JSE armor. Every job wants 3-4 capes minimum, and some would *like* to have as many as 8 or 9. That's a lot of unnecessary inventory bloat. Chatoyant cape when?

Quote:

This is true though. Most jobs can function with a core set of shared equipment, and you only *really* need to devote 10-15 slots to JSE gear for most of them. Min maxing the lesser important sets is unnecessary. You don't need accessories dedicated to maxing out your waltz's charisma or your chackra's vit for instance. 10-12 jobs should easily be doable with 4 wardrobes, and more still if most jobs have a lot of shared overlap.
[+]
 Asura.Kixstand
user: kixstand
By Asura.Kixstand 2021-04-28 20:49:52  
Making use of the porter Moogle goes a long way with managing inventory space for jobs. Now if they could only let us store ambu capes and the new odyssey gear.
By SimonSes 2021-04-29 03:58:56  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

I think JSE capes are a bigger problem than JSE armor. Every job wants 3-4 capes minimum, and some would *like* to have as many as 8 or 9. That's a lot of unnecessary inventory bloat. Chatoyant cape when?

Quote:

This is true though. Most jobs can function with a core set of shared equipment, and you only *really* need to devote 10-15 slots to JSE gear for most of them. Min maxing the lesser important sets is unnecessary. You don't need accessories dedicated to maxing out your waltz's charisma or your chackra's vit for instance. 10-12 jobs should easily be doable with 4 wardrobes, and more still if most jobs have a lot of shared overlap.

I dont even have 12 jobs (mostly DRK, BLU, RNG, COR, RDM, SMN, DNC, THF, MNK and few other jobs that I only started gearing or are half geared) I think and I use all Wardrobes + Sack (Sack is full of JSE capes and necks) + have almost full inventory and 90% of JSE armor is on Porter Moogle (When I switch job, I switch JSE armor in my invenotry and I switch JSE capes/neck). I dont have any niche sets I think.
By Garretts 2021-04-29 06:21:19  
Quote:

Probably never cause inventory space is how they make money.

But wouldn't it be great if they let you make universal capes?

Ayame Cape plz
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-29 06:28:50  
That has been suggested multiple times.
A statless, all jobs Cape that you can augment through Ambuscade items.

Would let you save some nice inventory space for those secondary capes that you have to make copies for all your jobs.
Idle/Meva cape, Idle/Eva cape, DPS capes for mage jobs, Fast Cast Cape, SirD cape, Nuke cape for non-mage jobs, etc etc etc. Nuk

I know I would save at least 10 inventory slots thanks to that, if not more.
At this point I don't think it's gonna happen.
They're gonna give us the "new" repository soon anyway.

I think it will be two, one will be free and one will be Wardrobe5.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-04-29 07:53:51  
Quote:
I dont even have 12 jobs (mostly DRK, BLU, RNG, COR, RDM, SMN, DNC, THF, MNK

There are some jobs that require a lot more gear specific to their class than others. Summoner is one of them. That number will vary based on which jobs you're playing, but I maintain 10-12 should be pretty easily doable. Also you're penchant for having everything min/maxxed is pretty well known simon. You probably do carry several niche gear pieces that aren't required to function.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-04-29 08:17:10  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:
I dont even have 12 jobs (mostly DRK, BLU, RNG, COR, RDM, SMN, DNC, THF, MNK

There are some jobs that require a lot more gear specific to their class than others. Summoner is one of them. That number will vary based on which jobs you're playing, but I maintain 10-12 should be pretty easily doable. Also you're penchant for having everything min/maxxed is pretty well known simon. You probably do carry several niche gear pieces that aren't required to function.

I min/max sets, but not a niche sets.
Also SMN gear is almost entirely in Mog house, because I rarely play it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-04-29 09:35:24  
I have 12 geared up jobs, some of these jobs don't have every possible niche sets, I try to draw a line somewhere and I always tried to favour gear that is shared among multiple jobs (even if it's slighly worse than other), granted that you can't do that every time because sometimes the difference is just too big.

With that said, I have several issues, atm I have something like 7 free inventory spaces to get new gear, after that I'm done.

I do have lot of ***/unmuleable/cosmetic stuff in Mog House, Mog House2 and Storage though.
If I decided to just delete everything I would gain 240 new inventory spaces for new gear/new jobs.
Or even if I were to do it for just 2 repositories, it would still be 160 inventory spaces, it's a lot.
Don't really feel like doing it atm though and honestly mantaining 12 jobs geared and up to date already feels like quite enough the task, if you ask me.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-04-29 10:05:40  
I have 12 jobs that I have geared really well.

I have another 2 jobs that I could probably field, but I have no active drive to do so. (SCH, GEO)

I make heavy use of the porter moogle, to the point where I'm even storing ambuscade weapons. I manage the equipment for all 10 well gear jobs between my wardrobes and my satchel/sack/and case. I do it this way so I can gear up at any nomad moogle/porter moogle and don't have to be in my mog house.

The only one that gives me a real issue gearing up is my RNG. I'm not min/maxed on everything, but I've got all the right sets to be adaptable on all these jobs.

I'd sure love an inventory expansion though. However, my safe, safe2, storage, and locker are all full of junk/non storable items like relic upgrade shards and crafting materials that I'll probably never use. So I do feel like I could probably gear up a few more jobs.
By Garretts 2021-04-29 19:53:19  
Anyone else taking two Corsairs to segment farm C ?

Our typical setup is

- Whm 80% of the time, Sch the other 20%
- Brd 100% of the time (cause FFXI right?)
- Blu or War
- Sam or Drg
- Cor
- Cor

Everyone is nearly BiS, so that's a major factor, but were consitently getting 700k-1mil gil during each run. 6k-7k segments avg.

We completely skip floor 1, UNLESS the angon is at the first pack next to the warp AND the general Mob is relatively easy for our comp, then we'll rush kill the two groups AS WE BUFF. I'd say we do this less than 5% of the time, tbh, but it is to be noted.

Mobs we skip/extra prep for:
Wyvern, Dahaks, Amertat's are all questionable. If our timers on rolls/songs is gonna drop during the 2-3 minutes alot of times we'll avoid them and run on, maybe come back based on time.
Dahaks get silenced, and then dahaks/wyverns/amertat's get double teamed, no 1v1 to ensure they have the least chance of popping off a TP move.

We don't do clots. *** Clots. (only time we'll do clots is if their the last mob on floor 4 and we've already touched)

We pop 3 of behemoth, chair devil, cerb, and fafnir, unless time is crunched and then popper is up or down on floor 3.

We double Cutting cards the Bard immediately after Soul voice, and i'd say 80% of the time we get double soul voice for the run. Additionally we usually get 2-6 Random deals and 2-3 Wildcards, so alot of times we'll get triple soul voice songs.

Cor's put up Crooked Chaos/Sam's and Crooked Fighter's/Gallants.
Everyone except whm and brd uses straight attack food, and Cor's fulltime Naegling (usually the few mobs weak to piercing, lamia mainly, it's just better to stick with naegling/blurred+1 or Demersal+1 and last stand them)

Heavy DD's usually hard spam Savage Blade, just cause it's broke as ***, unless piercing weak, and then it's usually shinning one (or trish for DRG)

Blu will cruel joke acceptable targets, and ours functions mainly as our "tank" in most situations.

Seems to work pretty good for us, but were burnt out to the point where some of us are willing to take the less efficient routes, just to utilize the large amount of CP you gain in a 30 minute run.
By Guyford 2021-04-29 20:43:05  
We take 2 cors too, but i'm not sure its best. WHM BRD RUN WAR COR COR. Not taking a tank makes me question how you do circles. We average 6.5k probably, and pretty consistently, and we don't skip floor 1 unless halo and NM are downstairs/first group. We do sam chaos fighters rogue's (for war white dmg and shining one stuff (war uses ukon for slashing(better for trash mobs than chango or naegling(I will nest as many () as I feel like!))))

Brd checks downstairs on 1 and 3 when we get there for NM/circle. We do same NMs as you.

Will see what the completion segments are like and maybe adjust accordingly.
By Garretts 2021-04-29 21:01:08  
Yeah i'm being told i low balled our segments we have been getting 7-8.5k per run (group just did a 1,043,000 mil run, WITH clots)

Bard does Honor, Minuet, Minuet, Minne, Minne.

BLU tanks angon ghost mobs fine, in a DT set, with Gallant+Minne+Minne. Run is a better tank than Pld no doubt, but still can't output the DPS compared to a heavy DD/TizonaR15 BLU who lives and breaths Blue mage
By Guyford 2021-04-29 21:04:51  
So you're not capping haste? Even when you have SV songs you would be slightly below haste cap with honor + whm haste. Without SV you are WAY below haste cap. Unless your blu is keeping mighty guard up with random deals ect. but then you are not crueleaving anything.

Edit: nvm you do cap with SV but still.
By Garretts 2021-04-29 21:05:34  
I also forgot to mention we've taken a DNC in place of one of the DD's and it smokes nearly as much as the Heavy DD's. (She got a Terp+Cyber Pizza so she's near best in slot also)
First Page 2 3 ... 116 117 118 ... 237 238 239