Any English Speakers Still Alive?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Any english speakers still alive?
Any english speakers still alive?
By Afania 2020-02-24 19:41:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I know a bunch of people that went to assura despite having both of those. Guess where every single one of them is now. They quit.

Assura blows and you're dumb if you pay to go there by choice. You go there because you have no choice. And if people stopped bringing you gear on ghost town servers you'd have no choice either.

If someone that has both LS and friends on a small server choose to leave for Asura, fat chance is that they already have every goal accomplished and got bored of ffxi. They probably just want to see a new environment with new people before finally quitting FFXI.

So yeah, once they arrive on Asura the new environment may keep them interested for a bit longer then eventually they will still get bored and quit. There's just no interesting long term goal for these people anymore.

As post above described, people leave for Asura to solve a problem. "I don't have friends/LS" is kind of problem that requires the player to physically stay on Asura. "My AH is empty" is not.

It makes perfect sense to solve a problem with the least sacrifice: pay for the item and keep your LS so you get both.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-24 23:04:01  
Afania said: »
Phoenix.Erics said: »
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Asura has some pros/cons but thats where I ended up. Pretty sure there are some other servers too that at least has some english / NA population.
Yeah, generally you 'end up' on asura. It's not someones first choice.

I've asked at least 20+ people "why'd you leave for Asura", and I only ever got 2 answers:

"I don't have friends to play with"
"I don't have a LS" or "I have a LS but it's dead"

Basically, they almost ALWAYS describe a problem that needs to be solved when they answer the question rather than describe a positive that makes it an appealing choice.

I have never heard anyone ever tell me answers like this: "I have a LS on my old server, and it's the best LS ever. I just decided to leave my LS for Asura because I heard Asura is a better server"

If such person exist I'd be interested in meeting them lol.

So yup, all the "pros" of Asura (such as AH, CP party, merc) are just excuses. If these pros outweight LS then you would see people abandon their LS and flock to Asura.

So stop trying to belittle peoples choice to play on a small server lol. Why would people abandon their LS for Asura if current Asurans never done such move?
i was joking that most people dont leave for asura who are excited about it. nothing i said was in favor of leaving their server for asura? i def dont plan to go to asura willingly. If my ls breaks id explore other server options first but for now anything that can be done on asura, i can do with my ls on phoenix, with the addition of mireu apparently.

I havent followed the thread for a few days. Is asura still salty about mireu or did they get it dead yet?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-24 23:14:38  
Asura don't give no *** about Mireu, not a single one
By Afania 2020-02-24 23:22:09  
Asura has some pros/cons but thats where I ended up. Pretty sure there are some other servers too that at least has some english / NA population.

I've asked at least 20+ people "why'd you leave for Asura", and I only ever got 2 answers:

"I don't have friends to play with"
"I don't have a LS" or "I have a LS but it's dead"

Basically, they almost ALWAYS describe a problem that needs to be solved when they answer the question rather than describe a positive that makes it an appealing choice.

I have never heard anyone ever tell me answers like this: "I have a LS on my old server, and it's the best LS ever. I just decided to leave my LS for Asura because I heard Asura is a better server"

If such person exist I'd be interested in meeting them lol.

So yup, all the "pros" of Asura (such as AH, CP party, merc) are just excuses. If these pros outweight LS then you would see people abandon their LS and flock to Asura.

So stop trying to belittle peoples choice to play on a small server lol. Why would people abandon their LS for Asura if current Asurans never done such move?
i was joking that most people dont leave for asura who are excited about it. nothing i said was in favor of leaving their server for asura? i def dont plan to go to asura willingly. If my ls breaks id explore other server options first but for now anything that can be done on asura, i can do with my ls on phoenix, with the addition of mireu apparently.

I havent followed the thread for a few days. Is asura still salty about mireu or did they get it dead yet?

I was agreeing with you, lol.

The last sentence was directed toward another guy who obviously desires validation from other people about their decision to leave.
By SimonSes 2020-02-25 09:07:45  
DirectX said: »
Noone knows how many of the online numbers are afk, mules, rmt, bots etc though. When I was in Cerberus and Leviathan 300 oblige characters was probably 50 active unique humans at most. 2500 on Asura is probably 500 max.

It's just my opinion, but I think Asura has more bots, merc, rmt, chat only players, than any other server (and im talking in % of total population, not fixed number).

Also I cant speak for any other server really, but on Bahamut I just did /sea all and it shows 982 people. It's probably JP peek tho, so not really super accurate for NA player. Still I wouldn't call Bahamut a ghost town.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By missdivine 2020-02-25 10:02:21  
Bismarck.Punchus said: »
Many people prefer the lower populated servers for many different reasons. There is nothing I can't get done on Bismarck. The only thing Asura has is a more frequently stocked AH. And all we do to combat this as a LS is put an order together for people and load an alt with max gil and make an Asura run like going to the grocery store. There are other servers with plenty of players still getting things done consistently. Asura isn't the only place to be productive.
Please elaborate on how "MANY people" (more like multiboxers) prefer lower populated servers "for many different reasons". No such thing as "PLENTY of players gettings things done" in ghost town server, Official forums invalids your vague opinion.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-02-25 10:15:58  
missdivine said: »
No such thing as "PLENTY of players gettings things done" in ghost town server, the real tea on the official forums invalids your vague opinion.

I already tried to explain, that at least Bahamut is not a ghost town server. It's probably 2-3 times smaller than Asura, but that's not a ghost town.

Many people prefer the lower populated servers for many different reasons.

There is many people who like to play FFXI as mostly single player game and they like free camps or instances. You can argue as much as you want if that approach is good or not, but those people exist and you can't deny that.
 Bismarck.Punchus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2020-02-25 11:47:34  
You want specific reasons why a player may prefer a lower populated server? It simply varies player to player. Not everyone who prefers lower population is a multi-boxer. Sure it makes things much easier if person has personal party of exactly what they need running around behind them but it isn't needed. This game went from NEEDING a full alliance to accomplish things to being able to low man nearly anything. I have 1 character. Don't need 6 to do what I want. But back to some reasons why some players choose low population.

1. Higher population generally means more drama.

2. Higher population tends to have a much higher concentration of the elitist mentality.

3. Lower population tends to work better together to complete common objectives.

I'm not saying that the above doesn't exist on every server but it does happen more when you have more people and that is simple truth.
[+]
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2020-02-25 14:03:37  
This game went from NEEDING a full alliance to accomplish things to being able to low man nearly anything. I have 1 character. Don't need 6 to do what I want. But back to some reasons why some players choose low population.
Exactly. Also, while many things are low manable even on a 'dead server' My LS gets consistently over 10 up to 18 people 4 nights a week. With the other slots filled by up to 1 alt per person if theres any space that isnt taken up by a real person. Ontop of the 4 events every week, we do aeonics once a month on a different day than normal events and a weekly vagary which i dont count as an official event. We have had wave 3 clears for about a year now and have pretty much everything we wanted. We have some goals like getting people through the master trials but those are max 6 people per run anyways a larger server wouldnt help with that.

Im not ignorant to there being benefits to a larger server. Benefits such as members with more spread out play times having the option to join PUGs for ambuscade, as shouts for ambus are few and far between here. Mercing would bring in extra gil, other groups have tried to merc here but it fails because of lower population combined with most people are able to get the armor with their friends for free as well as general strangers willing to help them get the item for free. Even omen bodies and ring drops didnt sell.
By Afania 2020-02-25 14:14:19  
Many people prefer the lower populated servers for many different reasons. There is nothing I can't get done on Bismarck. The only thing Asura has is a more frequently stocked AH. And all we do to combat this as a LS is put an order together for people and load an alt with max gil and make an Asura run like going to the grocery store. There are other servers with plenty of players still getting things done consistently. Asura isn't the only place to be productive.
Please elaborate on how "MANY people" (more like multiboxers) prefer lower populated servers "for many different reasons". No such thing as "PLENTY of players gettings things done" in ghost town server, Official forums invalids your vague opinion.

No you get it backward. People choose to stay on a low pop server because they don't have a problem that needs to be solved. People choose to leave to solve a problem. It's not that people prefer to stay because it's da best thing ever. But because they don't need to leave.

You need 18 people max for any content. Even if entire server only has 50 people that's still enough for the content.
By Afania 2020-02-25 14:20:36  
SimonSes said: »
Noone knows how many of the online numbers are afk, mules, rmt, bots etc though. When I was in Cerberus and Leviathan 300 oblige characters was probably 50 active unique humans at most. 2500 on Asura is probably 500 max.

It's just my opinion, but I think Asura has more bots, merc, rmt, chat only players, than any other server (and im talking in % of total population, not fixed number).

Also I cant speak for any other server really, but on Bahamut I just did /sea all and it shows 982 people. It's probably JP peek tho, so not really super accurate for NA player. Still I wouldn't call Bahamut a ghost town.

Bahamut had like 400 people a few years ago(2017?) when "move to Asura" was a thing. But then as more and more people getting tired of Asura culture people on Reddit started a new "if you don't like Asura, go to bahamut" movement.

Ever since then server pop has been increasing slowly.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-02-25 16:26:52  
SimonSes said: »

Bahamut had like 400 people a few years ago(2017?) when "move to Asura" was a thing. But then as more and more people getting tired of Asura culture people on Reddit started a new "if you don't like Asura, go to bahamut" movement.

Ever since then server pop has been increasing slowly.

Well let's be honest, Bahamut is just a way cooler sounding server name than Asura, just saying
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 16:52:52  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Bahamut
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 17:14:36  
Lemme drop in here at the request of "DirectX" an post some more..

Asura = topic? lol.. Asura = the capital of "Elitism".

Whats that, don't got top notch gear while on Asura?
Expect a bunch of "l0ln00b" type responses.

Joined an Asuran ls and expect to actually get "rewardz"?
HAHA -.- never gonna happen.

Have something to say about "Asura"?
Expect everyone there to make statements about how you don't know how to play the game, your anti-social, blah blah etc.

I love the part where 'whatever' someone says "about Asura" is ultimately dubbed 'not legit' because:

1: They've never been to Asura
2: Didn't 'start' on Asura
3: No longer on Asura

Asura this, Asura that.. I think Asura needs to get professional help an sort out its OWN problems before whining about the rest of the nets comments about "Asura".

Why am I posting about this? oh just been hearing that same 'old story' about "Asura" for like what.. 17 years straight?

I do however forsee everyone ending up on 5 or fewer servers eventually because SE will compact things to save $.. who knows maybe we all really will "end up on Asura".. or maybe we'll all just get one with at least a better name.

Hows that for posting some more "DirectX"? =)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 17:18:43  
By my request, I'd like you to go back to wherever you've been hiding out for the last 8 years
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 17:22:46  
By my request, I'd like you to go back to wherever you've been hiding out for the last 8 years

Just because you've said this.. I shall do the exact opposite =)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-25 17:34:36  
If it plays out like last time you'll be gone regardless, but sooner is better than later.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Waterdust
By Carbuncle.Waterdust 2020-02-25 18:13:43  
If it plays out like last time you'll be gone regardless, but sooner is better than later.

Like last time? Your incorrect. I was never gone, just watching people like you talk about talking, so talk some moar =)

Also.. dance for our entertainment?
[+]
By Axciom 2020-02-25 19:52:01  
Holy ***I did not expect this thread to blow up the way it has. Uhh...thanks guys?

I have no intention of hopping servers, as even though my linkshell (I'm the shellholder) is dead as dirt, it's been sitting on Carby for 14 years now. Sentimental value, and all.

On the bright side I see some familiar names in here! Does my heart good to see SOME folks are still active. Waterdust, you and I duo'ed blms WAY back when blm pet solo was a thing. Draylo and Melphina I remember yall from when Alla wasn't...whatever the hell it is now. (Just checked, one whole new thread in the general forums this year...safe to say it's as dead as my linkshell)

I'll try to talk to Tace whenever I'm in game again, he and I were in PocketAces together at some point I think.
By Prong 2020-02-26 00:12:57  
Odin.Senaki said: »
It is for many. The only reasons to be on any server other than Asura:
1. 'but muh character name means so much to meh!'
Get a grip, it's a video game. No-one really knows you are and if they do they'll adapt to your new name quickly.
2. 'I don't want to deal with new people'
Your issues are deeper than ffxi and no-one who wants to play an mmo wants to play with your antisocial *** anyway.
3. 'my fwends' won't move'
If your three friends won't move despite facing the same struggle to get ***done then you can keep your incestous circle on your backwards server. You won't be constructive here either.
4. 'people yell things in town'
If you spend all your time in town then you're doing it wrong. If you can't stand a bit of background noise while you afk in a queue then you're probably autistic (see #2)
5. 'teh queues are huge'
Not really. Exaggeration of this comes mostly from people who have never played on Asura.
6. 'Dynamis lags more on Asura'
Hundreds of people manage to accomplish it twice a week, even if true the ***lags elsewhere anyway but at least here you have many options of groups to go with and times you can go at.

I was going to stay out of the drama, but wow. You are really an insufferably miserable sod.

If people like their server, regardless of the reasoning, let them be happy. Leave them alone, it doesn't affect you.

Just ignore him/her/it. No matter the topic, he/she/it always has to smear his/her/it's bloody panties on it, especially when it comes to servers. I've never seen such an ignorant groupie of any server than this person. And soon as people start to pick apart his/her/it's "fapping for Asura" arguments, he/she/it will then start boasting his/her/it's 'superior intellect' when all evidence points to the contrary.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-02-26 01:21:40  
The most i've seen recently after /sea all on a saturday at like 9PM EST is 1100+ in bahamut (sunday morning in japan so i'm sure a good chunk of this was japanese as well). Usually it's about 700-800 on weekdays during peak NA times. JP Population is much higher though, and can hit 1500+ on weekends during their prime time, and 1100-1300 on weekdays.

Tiny compared to Asura, but huge compared to say Cerberus or Lakshmi which are true ghost towns. Bahamut is still growing, there is quite a large group of LS that aren't total ***and get ***done. This is attracting people from other servers.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
By drakefs 2020-06-02 08:33:43  
Axciom said: »
(Just checked, one whole new thread in the general forums this year...safe to say it's as dead as my linkshell)

Not sure if you have gotten what ya wanted already...

Check the linkshell concierge for WarriorsofVanadiel, probably the most socially active English LS on Carby now (lots of new and returning players in it).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [286 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-03-14 21:07:33  
Sorry for the necro, but I'm curious if there are any shells on the server that do events at around 7-8PM Pacific?