フォーラム » FFXI » General » whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
whatever happened to Empyrean Gear +3
First Page 2 3
 Shiva.Malthar
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2020-01-12 22:21:56  
Nobody noticed that it's been years and we've seen hair nor hide a path to upgrade Empyrean Gear +3?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-12 22:34:21  
Obviously everyone noticed

Square learned from their previous mistake of making reforges too fast, gotta dangle that carrot
[+]
 Asura.Nebohh
user: Kealohaa
By Asura.Nebohh 2020-01-12 23:40:18  
You release content too fast, it'll be acquired too fast and people will get bored and quit. All about that bait and switch like what was already mentioned.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-01-12 23:50:33  
Asura.Nebohh said: »
You release content too fast, it'll be acquired too fast and people will get bored and quit. All about that bait and switch like what was already mentioned.
Facts
By Draylo 2020-01-13 03:14:23  
I hope its with actual new content. Abyssea reborn or Voidwatch reborn
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-13 05:47:34  
Neo-Abyssea is a no-brainer. Only a matter of time.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 05:49:02  
I have mixed feelings with Neo-Abyssea, but it could be good.
I doubt they will go that way though. SE already said multiple times that the 3 Escha zones are their way to give us "ilevel Abyssea".

Not like they can't take back their word of course, but on a hunch I would say they're working on a different type of event to bind Empy+3 behind.
Coming fall 2020?

Gonna be a long wait lulz.
But in the meantime we're gonna get small stuff like the new WANTED thingies.
I suspect they gonna put something new in Ambuscade as well.
Ring+1? Gear+3? We'll see.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-13 05:57:40  
Asura.Sechs said: »
SE already said multiple times that the 3 Escha zones are their way to give us "ilevel Abyssea".
Umm, can I get a link or 2 to them saying this? I don't recall this at all seriously. I highly doubt an iLVL Abyssea but a iLVL VW scares me, VW sucked.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-01-13 06:30:45  
Hell, I just want the lv 99 COP ring I was promised years ago.
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-01-13 06:35:03  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Yea, that'll turn into Black Belt v2 also, expect that to cost you 1 billion +.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 07:09:25  
Asura.Chiaia said: »
SE already said multiple times that the 3 Escha zones are their way to give us "ilevel Abyssea".
Umm, can I get a link or 2 to them saying this? I don't recall this at all seriously. I highly doubt an iLVL Abyssea but a iLVL VW scares me, VW sucked.
I seem to recall it was during a jp live thing.

And I share your TERROR for voidpotato, it was such a terribad event ?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 07:12:34  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Yea, that'll turn into Black Belt v2 also, expect that to cost you 1 billion +.
While it was something different from what we expected, they sorta gave us ilevel black belt.
They sorta gave us ilevel cop rings too if you check the stats of the omen and following rings they released.

Not exactely the same thing, but it's close enough.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-13 07:23:06  
I still don't really get how anyone disliked vw, it's literally a perfect event by ffxi standards. Forced variety, forced communication, forced to do the event "as intended", absolutely zero ability to pay to win, time gated but the ability to negate the time gate.

Everything has the same *** drop rate. It's boring, and it's repetitive? that's the two most perfect words that sum up FFXI.

Waiting for morons to clear the box was miserable, I'll give you that one. It should've had a point system (500 kills = automatic glow etc)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-13 10:38:16  
I dunno about Chiaia's opinion, but for me Voidwatch was ALL but the "ideal" FFXI event.

Also *** the chest full of ***, the personal loot pool and the right stuff never dropping except for the same people who already got it 2000 times.
Over 3000 Qilin kills and zero Coruscanti for me, to name one.

I prefer stuff that's longer to do, with longer gating but higher drop rates and no bloody personal lootpool unless it's additional stuff, then I take it as a bonus, cherry on a cake.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-01-13 10:40:17  
obviously the drop rates were abysmal, look at the event as an event instead of a means to an end.

It's about more than just getting another shiney. loot is always a problem, it's the only way they know how to keep you doing it. (and spoiler, it works)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 10:48:51  
Voidwatch was unique but after a while it just became a chore and a boring grind like everything you do a thousand times for a shiny. I might be alone on this one, but I actually liked Abyssea's proc system with spells and abilities. It was unique and predictable. They went overboard with the proc system for VW, and then they came out a good time later with the whole "you can /fume for a reset".
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-13 10:58:43  
with such varying "procs" like the original VW system had, I seriously doubt it would be possible to mimic that system in today's FFXI.

Yes, top large groups would be able to do so- people have more jobs these days by a long shot than back then to select from. Unless you've just returned in the past year, I'd wager a shiny penny most people have 3+ geared and mastered jobs.

But the concept of pickup group VW terrifies me. For many, shout groups to fill "missing" procs would likely be their only option. But that means that the content would have to be sufficiently beatable by shout groups vs an increase in difficulty over current content out there (primarily Omen, recent HTBF, and Dyna-D wave3). So our choices would either be content requiring a healthy mix of jobs/roles easy enough to allow pickup groups to succeed, or that same concept but at a higher iLvl that only a very few groups could get the most out of.

I GREATLY prefer 6 man content. Omen was beautiful at first release. Allowed pretty much anyone to build a small static group and learn the content, rather than feeling like without 12-18 they stood no chance. Were wins easy? Far from it- but there was an approachable learning curve that allowed growth, not just frustration.

If the question these days is really about limiting truly NEW content because of limitations on the game itself, and we're stuck getting some kind of content rework, look at the differences in population and embrace it.

-World spawns would work better now than back in the days of huge population servers where 4,000 online was common- just shorten them to put a pop every 8-12 hours, ensuring pops in both NA and JP primetimes (and the 8-12 would see rotation into EU primetime but still be in "normal" times for either JP or NA).

-Give us a true iLvl limbus, not the lv99 quasi version they rushed at us and had very lackluster rewards compared to the original iteration.

-take the Hunt Registry system, but bump it up to group content level targets with legitimate rewards vs something that people without linkshells do.

**OR**

If you're really sincere about returning VW or Abyssea style content back, reduce the procs to "groups" of procs such as piercing/blunt/slashing, white magic/black magic/blue magic, pet ability/ja's. None of this specific weaponskill procs. This would reduce the need to carry 14 different jobs to an event down to 4-6. And instead of the procs raising a 0.1% droprate to 0.3%, have the procs function like procs on AV/WoC- the mob is just ridiculous and borderline unbeatable, but procs "lock" certain abilities/patterns to make them beatable. This would retain the concept but make it fit smaller server populations better.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-13 11:03:09  
It scares you because in your bones you can feel the extreme likeliness of it happening.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-13 11:16:00  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Though since we're getting "new battle content" for further upgrading UCNM gear, instead of "100 mats + 20k accolades for a +2"... It's possible that we get something that isn't Adoulin-path-VW.

Do people truly expect "new battle content" for that? At best I'm hoping for 3-6 UNM version of existing mobs that will drop upgrade items in the same fashion as current UNM mobs, but they'll be more universal upgrade items vs. specific for that mob's items.

ie- we get UNM in escha or WotG zones-really insert any mob they haven't done before. They drop some item like "Nunaarl's Necklace" to upgrade neck pieces, "Nunaarl's Knife" to upgrade weapons, etc and trade 50 of those plus a Dark Matter to the Mithra girl in Western Adoulin. Sellable like previous upgrade items, and diff mobs drop diff slot upgrade items. So while the mob might be "new" the content sure isn't.
By Mattelot 2020-01-13 11:16:12  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Asura.Nebohh said: »
Facts

While he is correct, on the same token (for any MMO), you can't always cater to the people who play the game 23/7. The WoW devs once said that there will always be people who feel they need to burn through the new content and that's on them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 11:22:27  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Though since we're getting "new battle content" for further upgrading UCNM gear, instead of "100 mats + 20k accolades for a +2"... It's possible that we get something that isn't Adoulin-path-VW.

Do people truly expect "new battle content" for that? At best I'm hoping for 3-6 UNM version of existing mobs that will drop upgrade items in the same fashion as current UNM mobs, but they'll be more universal upgrade items vs. specific for that mob's items.

ie- we get UNM in escha or WotG zones-really insert any mob they haven't done before. They drop some item like "Nunaarl's Necklace" to upgrade neck pieces, "Nunaarl's Knife" to upgrade weapons, etc and trade 50 of those plus a Dark Matter to the Mithra girl in Western Adoulin. Sellable like previous upgrade items, and diff mobs drop diff slot upgrade items. So while the mob might be "new" the content sure isn't.

I really just think they are going to add a handful of mats that can now drop from coffers that you will use for upgrades to +2(+3?). And then slap on some previously useless item nobody saw coming.
 Sylph.Excalin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Excalin
By Sylph.Excalin 2020-01-13 11:54:51  
Every November I'm like "This is it, we getting it" and every November I'm left disappointed.

I still expect Ambu +3 gear as well
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-01-13 12:08:59  
Sylph.Excalin said: »

I agree. I think SE "set the standard" with the release of AF+3 and a new "gold box" mentality over the old "whitebox" one.

It extends content, and clearly that's going to be the one day path for all our JSE ARMOR- I don't see that happening with other JSE gear.
By Mattelot 2020-01-13 12:13:10  
Sylph.Excalin said: »

I agree. I think SE "set the standard" with the release of AF+3 and a new "gold box" mentality over the old "whitebox" one.

It extends content, and clearly that's going to be the one day path for all our JSE ARMOR- I don't see that happening with other JSE gear.

That was my thinking too. While many of the +2 ambu gears are very nice, I would still like my yellow boxes. I'd be happy to pay 15 fibers or metals per piece for a +3.

My luck, they'd require a pulse cell armor for each piece.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2020-01-13 12:18:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I still don't really get how anyone disliked vw, it's literally a perfect event by ffxi standards. Forced variety, forced communication, forced to do the event "as intended", absolutely zero ability to pay to win, time gated but the ability to negate the time gate.

Everything has the same *** drop rate. It's boring, and it's repetitive? that's the two most perfect words that sum up FFXI.

Waiting for morons to clear the box was miserable, I'll give you that one. It should've had a point system (500 kills = automatic glow etc)
I absolutely loved VW myself and NNI. Yes rates on some things was bad but still, made every single job needed for procs.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-13 12:42:26  
Mattelot said: »
I would still like my yellow boxes.

Reason enough for me to not turn in my Machaera +3
[+]
By Tarage 2020-01-13 12:50:54  
They'll do it eventually. Summoner gear is still capped at 21 seconds so I fully expect the horn to take it down to 20.
 Asura.Focaubiont
By Asura.Focaubiont 2020-01-13 13:09:51  
I, too, am waiting for empy+3 but what I'm trying to figure out is how they'll make it a) worth getting and b) not totally OP. Some of the empy armor buffs are already great macro pieces. To buff them further could be pretty game breaking.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-01-13 13:25:26  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

I really just think they are going to add a handful of mats that can now drop from coffers that you will use for upgrades to +2(+3?). And then slap on some previously useless item nobody saw coming.
They said a while ago now that it won't be UCNM based. So no new swirls (and no new warps), and that it's not going to be a +2.
The +1 items, and +1 alone, will get single pathed, ranked augments. They don't say if it will be R15 or R20 or even R35... but whatever it is, assuming plans are still a go for what they said here; It's likely a new BCNM type deal like Omen or Ambuscade that will drop -lixer type items.
Theoretically it could be larger like Dynamis Divergence where your UCNM pieces gain exp... but I doubt that. Then again it could be iLv Limbus or something awful like that.

There won't be +2s. (Unless they have changed plans between September and now.)
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2020-01-13 13:35:14  
Sechs is right, Square said in one of the video thingys that Abyssea was a mistake and that Escha is the correction to that mistake. The Vorseals wearing forcing you to exit, exp bottlenecks. The likelyhood of Empyrean +2/3 being tied to an Abyssea like event is honestly a little likely, but it's impossible to say. UNMs are about as close to Voidwatch 2.0 as it going to get IMHO. Looking at Artifact and Relic upgrade mechanisms, theres going to be a 60 hour lock out (3 canteen takes 60 hrs, Dyna D is a 60 hr lock out) and some sort bottleneck either in the form an item like Caturae scales or having to do the event as the desired job to access the ability to upgrade. With the power creep we're seeing along with the new Domain Invasion gear and announcement of stronger UNM items says something is just beyond the horizon and it will be a challenge.
As a side note, it's undeniable that the 2/3 events for Artifact and Relic strongly mirror thier Lv75 era counterparts so it is possible that the Empyrean event will have similarities to Abyssea, going by past precedent, we know there will be a tiered progression, and that's all that's really known.
[+]
First Page 2 3