[+]
 Carbuncle.Ziekwalt
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Eirza
By Carbuncle.Ziekwalt 2019-12-22 00:42:00  
This hurts my neck!
By Devaraja 2019-12-22 00:44:29  
Fixed it! Not sure why it rotated like that.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-12-22 00:47:45  
Devaraja said: »
Fixed it! Not sure why it rotated like that.

The cluster was too dense.
[+]
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Evilddstroyer 2019-12-22 01:03:33  
impressive.
By Draylo 2019-12-22 01:10:11  
That pixel looks off!
[+]
By Spoiled 2019-12-22 01:12:14  
big if true
By Aerix 2019-12-22 01:19:52  
I can vouch for Devaraja. The pic is genuine.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2019-12-22 02:40:24  
what difficulty?
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-12-22 02:46:33  
wat
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-12-22 04:58:56  
Well then, I'll be dammed
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2019-12-22 05:40:39  
Damn. Wonder if Cats Eye is a super rare drop too then...
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-12-22 06:58:18  
Bg wiki

“ There is a rumor that Mog Bonanza tier items may come from this campaign, such as the Cat's Eye icon.png Cat's Eye, Dense Cluster icon.png Dense Cluster, Bayld Crystal icon.png Bayld Crystal, etc.. That rumor was started based on this dev post here. The translation is somewhat similar to "There is no doubt that there is an image of Mog Bonanza in this campaign, and you may obtain a superior item! If gold tier items are appearing, you are lucky you participated!".
Some say this is a pun on Gold Ingot icon.png Gold Ingots appearing during this campaign, and is meaningless. Other say that due to the confirmation of 10,000 pieces being available in the Campaign Fiesta campaign, it may be possible. JP Wiki is dismissing a screenshot on FFXIAH.com of a Cat's Eye icon.png Cat's Eye to be a photoshop. No further definitive reports have been made.”

So if this is not photoshopped cool and this was talked about before.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-12-22 07:11:13  
doesn't have to be photoshopped if he simply swapped the names referenced by the item #'s of everything that can drop in the 6th slot to dense cluster.
By Devaraja 2019-12-22 09:54:44  
Asura.Zidaner said: »
what difficulty?

VD.

Chimerawizard said: »
doesn't have to be photoshopped if he simply swapped the names referenced by the item #'s of everything that can drop in the 6th slot to dense cluster.

If you can suggest a way I can provide proof, I'd be happy to. I just wanted to share confirmation that this can drop from this campaign.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-22 10:00:08  
Pretty hard to prove to a skeptic, any ingame screenshot can be faked with 100% accuracy by either modifying the incoming packet or memory editing. For what it's worth, I believe it's in there, but it doesn't really change anything for anyone besides you. The rate is so low you'll never see it.

I botted 200 kills * 12 chars = 2400 bcs last time this campaign was up, and didn't get a single special drop(dense cluster, cat's eye, etc).
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-22 10:12:47  
man you could not say that you went outside and got the Sunday paper this morning without this forum claiming photoshop
[+]
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-22 12:22:42  
Does anyone remember what fight the cat's eye was said to drop from?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-12-22 12:32:00  
Shiva.Humpo said: »

pretty sure the different BCs follow "drop patterns"- ones that drop empy mats also drop hmps and possibly could drop that dense cluster. ones that drop single dyna currency can also drop 100s, maybe in a 10k piece if this pattern holds true for all RMEA currency dropping BCs during the campaign.

The ones that drop single alexandrite and purses probably have that 0.0000001% to drop a cat's eye.
 Asura.Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-22 12:59:13  
is any drop in the game coded as less than 1/500 tbh? (or the rumored 1/2500 for some pulse items)
By vil872 2019-12-22 13:42:01  
Pretty sure it was the Sahagin one.

Currencies/HMP/Alex/Bayld can drop from any of them though. It's the stuff like 99 abjurations/gear and reforge items that are specific to BCs.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-22 14:04:04  
Devaraja said: »
If you can suggest a way I can provide proof, I'd be happy to. I just wanted to share confirmation that this can drop from this campaign.
If you posted a second screenshot of the actual item in your inventory... that would confirm.
Or a shot of the magian moogle/chest taking it in exchange for the 1500 HMP.
Something that verifies that it is what the previous screenshot says it is.
By Draylo 2019-12-22 14:04:23  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
man you could not say that you went outside and got the Sunday paper this morning without this forum claiming photoshop

Yes for good reason. Anyone remember Mckeag and his friends when they claimed you could get the +3 augment to all songs from the instrument as an augment and they posted a fake screenshot? There are a lot of sick individuals that do things like that, so its okay to be a little skeptical.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-22 14:09:34  
FaeQueenCory said: »
If you posted a second screenshot of the actual item in your inventory... that would confirm.
Or a shot of the magian moogle/chest taking it in exchange for the 1500 HMP.

The first is easier to fake than the SS he already sent, and the second would need to be a video(and is still very possible to fake.. memory edit any item to cluster in inventory, and edit the outgoing trade packet to give hmp instead). It's something I could set up in 3 minutes if I had a weapon on HMP stage(which also, he might not have anyway).

The truth is that there's a point where you realize it's all easy to fake, and you might just have to trust someone. Why would they make it up? To get people to farm the event? Little bit of attention? Who cares. It's probably real, and the cat's eye probably was too.
By Felgarr 2019-12-22 14:17:33  
Odin.Drakenv said: »
Bg wiki

“ There is a rumor that Mog Bonanza tier items may come from this campaign, such as the Cat's Eye icon.png Cat's Eye, Dense Cluster icon.png Dense Cluster, Bayld Crystal icon.png Bayld Crystal, etc.. That rumor was started based on this dev post here. The translation is somewhat similar to "There is no doubt that there is an image of Mog Bonanza in this campaign, and you may obtain a superior item! If gold tier items are appearing, you are lucky you participated!".
Some say this is a pun on Gold Ingot icon.png Gold Ingots appearing during this campaign, and is meaningless. Other say that due to the confirmation of 10,000 pieces being available in the Campaign Fiesta campaign, it may be possible. JP Wiki is dismissing a screenshot on FFXIAH.com of a Cat's Eye icon.png Cat's Eye to be a photoshop. No further definitive reports have been made.”

So if this is not photoshopped cool and this was talked about before.

Can you please link me to the page on BGWiki where it says this? I'd like to read it and the corresponding dev post. Thank you!
 Shiva.Humpo
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2019-12-22 14:19:13  
vil872 said: »
Pretty sure it was the Sahagin one.

Currencies/HMP/Alex/Bayld can drop from any of them though. It's the stuff like 99 abjurations/gear and reforge items that are specific to BCs.

Yea, the 6th slot in a few drop abjs/cursed gear but the demon one drops Vagary items. So the dense cluster is a bit out of place from that bcnm.

However, if the cat's eye did drop from sahagin one, its safe to assume that the gigas and tonberry also have the possibility to drop one of these items. My only opinion now is eeewwww tonberries.

Edit: here is the link with that info requested above.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Adventurer_Campaigns#Macrocosmic_Orb_Campaign
[+]
By Devaraja 2019-12-22 14:49:58  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Here's a quick video of the item in my inventory; hopefully can eliminate some doubt!
[+]
By Aerix 2019-12-22 15:06:20  
Inb4 "could be from the previous Mog Bonanza" or "your char name is different from your FFXIAH account; must be fake!"
By Devaraja 2019-12-22 15:41:20  
Aerix said: »
Inb4 "could be from the previous Mog Bonanza" or "your char name is different from your FFXIAH account; must be fake!"

I’d never waste a rank one prize on dense cluster or a cats eye when I could waste it on Judgement Day instead!
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2019-12-22 16:26:44  
Still could be fake, to prove it's real drop it and show the throwaway confirmation
[+]
First Page 2 3