By Asura.Artoriusrex 2020-09-12 18:08:08  
sent you a PM mate
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-13 18:35:44  
I know that this has been reported on the last page, but it's just so funny because this really isn't that far off from how Asura yell looks:

[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-13 19:04:06  
That's a function of someone who hasn't logged out to get the Windower updates, is my guess.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-14 01:48:30  
The miniature image for Lustreless Hide isn't showing for me (the big one works just fine)
 Valefor.Primal
サーバ: Valefor
user: Primal623
By Valefor.Primal 2020-09-14 04:17:43  
I’m seeing that chat nonsense too on my iPhone, but only for Asura. All other server shouts look fine, except that it looks like the first character of every line is truncated. Very strange.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-09-14 18:04:23  
It's a multi-server thing, specifically involving Japanese+Unicode.

The first and last characters of the string are ***, is my guess.

Quote:
Aンバス1章とて いきませんか?サチコ参照で募集中ですー@3ンマュセンマュセヤニテカ.l~アリT~l~lヤニエチ漏6

^ The first character ”ア” is truncated to the English token "A".

The intended last part of the string is supposed to be "@3/6", but the "/" is being interpreted as "ンマュセンマュセヤニテカ.l~アリT~l~lヤニエチ漏".

So the 0th character and the n-1th character seem to be ***, or maybe the nth character instead. It's not a game issue, it's a problem with FFXIAH's/Guildwork's string encoding that broke after the update I think.

EDIT: If SE changed the packet structure and the client code for reading plaintext strings then yeah this could be a Windower issue. If Guildwork is stuck with an earlier Windower client, then the shouts are gonna be borked until something is changed.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-09-14 18:10:52  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
I know that this has been reported on the last page, but it's just so funny because this really isn't that far off from how Asura yell looks:

Show us the ones where people are arguing on who’s super saiyan or not!
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-09-14 21:28:03  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
EDIT: If SE changed the packet structure and the client code for reading plaintext strings then yeah this could be a Windower issue. If Guildwork is stuck with an earlier Windower client, then the shouts are gonna be borked until something is changed.

Shouts are crowdsourced. There was a chat packet change, so if someone is still running that older version AND the GW client, it would look like this.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2020-09-15 00:42:29  
Rooks said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »

Shouts are crowdsourced. There was a chat packet change, so if someone is still running that older version AND the GW client, it would look like this.

Oh! I see, makes perfect sense. Thanks!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-19 01:09:45  
Not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes on images being broken or if it's just me, but I was looking up adoulin tomatoes and saw this:

and clicking the broken image gave:

so...

I did a clean sweep of my browser cache. It didn't help. Not sure how many images are broken in that area and I kept clicking the "next" images for a bit and didn't see any not broken for a bit, but... thought I'd mention it here. *shrugs*
By Draylo 2020-09-19 06:07:35  
Last time that happen the pics were not recoverable!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-09-21 15:24:10  
Draylo said: »
Last time that happen the pics were not recoverable!

Oh no!

YouTube Video Placeholder

~~~

For as much as people talk ***on Asura for having terrible yells, I actually do miss being able to see them since I don't live in town like somebody playing Vanity Item Lockstyle Endgame XI. I hope the remedy comes soon. My F5 key is gonna get borked.

Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-21 15:34:41  
Not being able to see shouts is really shitty.
 Cerberus.Dierdren
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dierdren
By Cerberus.Dierdren 2020-10-05 22:50:01  
I think the hook between Guildwork and this site is broken. Can't see shouts and characters are not updating again.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [71 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-12-15 19:25:28  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Since logging in on Sunday night 8PM PST? When I log in I am sent to another screen giving me a warning saying that I am entering an insecure site. the "i" icon appears next to the ffxiah.com
After I'm logged in and go to the main page, the little lock appears next to the ffxiah.com
When I log out, I stall out for 4-5 seconds before the page loads and instead on of saying "You have logged out" I receive "This account has been deactivated" in red.
This is the only webpage that does this <.<

The mixed-content warning will show on forum pages where people have posted external images. You shouldn't be seeing it on the front page (I don't, at least).

Logging out is weird. I basically never do it, but the deactivation message sounds like it's realizing you don't have an active account (because you have no account at all, logged out) and displaying the message based on that, rather than noticing you're like, logged out.

I'll have a look.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [77 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-02 21:20:49  
Largely pointless but shouts have been stuck for at least a full day. Not that you could tell even if they weren't lol.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-03-04 10:34:33  
This should be fixed.

I'm doing some other GW maintenance right now as well, I'll let you know when it's done.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 11:28:06  
Getting a bug with the forum, when I make a post I get a white screen. The post is still created if I use back arrow.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2021-03-04 11:32:00  
RadialArcana said: »
Getting a bug with the forum, when I make a post I get a white screen. The post is still created if I use back arrow.

I get a 500 error but same.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-04 11:37:58  
Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?

Indeed, it goes to a white screen after a post.
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-03-04 11:46:29  
Yeah, that's a side effect of something Scragg did to fix a different problem I sent to him. It's been reported.

New character addition via GW is still broken; I have to get back to work so I hope to fix it later today, but other GW->AH functionality should be restored.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2021-03-04 12:39:40  
Page blanking on post should be fixed.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-03-04 13:05:21  
Yeah fixed.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-03-04 15:48:12  
Thanks for what you do Rooks!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-03-04 15:50:19  
I love when things get fixed! GJ and ty!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8