Medals - A Discussion REBORN!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Medals - A discussion REBORN!
Medals - A discussion REBORN!
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49
 Asura.Aeonova
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-11-13 20:51:03  
Clear those messages. My OCD just could not deal.

Edit: OH NOW I get a page claim when I'm not even... ffffff.
[+]
By Nekseus 2019-11-13 20:53:05  
should of edited with a meme duh!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-11-13 20:55:56  
Naw. Ready for this thread to fall off until after the maint.
By Josiahafk 2019-11-13 20:56:34  
If any of you go out Friday night, be sure to pour one packet out for our fallen gamer comrades this week
[+]
By Nekseus 2019-11-13 20:58:22  
Yeah I was going to go to bed but I think I wanna see the results of the maint first lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:05:16  
That's no where near "recovery" Recovery is when they're triple that price.

And yeah, the ones that put 100,000 medals on mules and manage to evade the ban, set forever.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:09:03  
Yeah, and the dupe has been active the whole time
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 21:11:18  
Nobody is putting 100,000 medals on a mule. If you think SE isn't going to run a query to check all accounts for an excessive amount of medals, you are absolutely deluded. People may get away with small amounts if they had sufficient deniability or time passed, but even the people who 'legitimately' bought thousands are probably going.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:12:00  
Like I said at the beginning. yay you got the medals. Too bad millions upon millions of +2 +3 and su5 were made.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Nobody is putting 100,000 medals on a mule. If you think SE isn't going to run a query to check all accounts for an excessive amount of medals, you are absolutely deluded. People may get away with small amounts if they had sufficient deniability or time passed, but even the people who 'legitimately' bought thousands are probably going.

You are far to confident in their ability, and willingness to care
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 21:13:19  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I've seen enough exploits to know how they handle them. The fact you still think you know anything about this is baffling, given that everyone who has actually seen it happen before is saying the same thing.
[+]
By spengler 2019-11-13 21:13:33  
Like I said at the beginning. yay you got the medals. Too bad millions upon millions of +2 +3 and su5 were made.

You're literally the one who said not a single person would get banned and SE would take months to do anything.

do you need a shovel to dig that hole to delusion-land?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:14:41  
We would've already known the answer if you let me buy a couple billion worth of medals. 0 fear.

And they aren't going to ban a single person. Just like I said. For buying/having duped medals.
I'm actually impressed that they actually bothered to ban a couple people for PR. What about the millions of duped su5. and the trillions of gil.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 21:19:57  
DirectX said: »
When did they ban people who legit bought stuff in the past without knowing? There are definitely people with hundreds of them that bought them from you. They are holding them and praying right now.

They banned mules that couldn't be tied to the exploiter besides by the fact they bought items from their bazaar several times. The general belief between people who've observed this is that they will ban anyone who is likely to be an exploiter's mule, without proof.

People who bought hundreds probably shouldn't be panicking. People who bought thousands are likely ***. People who think they hid or laundered them well enough to keep them almost certainly didn't. There is enough grey space and uniqueness between exploits that it's very hard to draw the line of what SE will consider laundering vs legitimate purchasing.

I would definitely not be concerned about buying anything now. The only people who need to worry about bans are chars trying to smuggle a huge stash past SE, and we can't objectively say what huge is, but I really doubt it's anything a non-RMT player bought.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 21:26:37  
no go for it (not sarcasm, i would be absolutely jaw droppingly amazed if anything happened for that)
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-11-13 21:28:42  
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:31:39  
I love how there’s about to be a ban wave and no *** are given by people botting cp waiting for maintenance to start.

Boutta hit that 1,000,000 potpourri, can't be bothered to care about that ***
Quote:
gain potpourri for a total of 993829!
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-11-13 21:39:48  
Where is this info that there is an incoming ban wave coming from? I thought the people were already gone. They don't do maintenance for a ban wave. There must have been multiple compromised things they had to look at and fix.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-11-13 21:42:08  
The maintenance is because they cannot change how the NPC operates without rebuilding some of the server code(this has been demonstrated numerous times throughout the game's history). They can just make sure the server doesn't honor requests to that NPC and despawn it, as they did.

Any ban wave will not happen as any relation to the maintenance, though bans always go through at 2-3 AM EST, so it is entirely possible some people will be banned tonight. I would expect a longer wait to see the next round of bans, as the most obvious offenders mostly seem to have been hit, and now they need to do log searches to identify the medal stashes and people who haven't used it as recently.
[+]
 Asura.Okhryeny
By Asura.Okhryeny 2019-11-13 21:46:12  
The maintenance is because they cannot change how the NPC operates without rebuilding some of the server code(this has been demonstrated numerous times throughout the game's history). They can just make sure the server doesn't honor requests to that NPC and despawn it, as they did.

Any ban wave will not happen as any relation to the maintenance, though bans always go through at 2-3 AM EST, so it is entirely possible some people will be banned tonight. I would expect a longer wait to see the next round of bans, as the most obvious offenders mostly seem to have been hit, and now they need to do log searches to identify the medal stashes and people who haven't used it as recently.
no one will be banned to about dec. unless theres a way for them to quick scan the logs. Idk how many ppl are working there but considering this game is just floating i wouldnt be surprised if it didnt happen to 2020 if it happens im not a mind reader just a guess
 Bahamut.Archillect
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Archillect 2019-11-13 21:49:34  
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-13 21:52:03  
Remind me, after however long you think is "fair"

Remember all those bans they did about the dupes, oh yeah, that didn't happen.
 Sylph.Stormieday
サーバ: Sylph
user: Drmambo
By Sylph.Stormieday 2019-11-13 22:03:40  
People banned already asking to buy other peoples accounts.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2019-11-13 22:10:36  
Why do people feel they have to fix the duping ***though? That's more so why im confused. Also if you giving out free ***or cheap ***let me be a shark and hunt lol.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-13 22:11:20  
When did they ban people who legit bought stuff in the past without knowing?
Original salvage bans
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 47 48 49