2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Lilith HTBF
Lilith HTBF
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49
By Unzero 2019-12-17 14:38:26  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Man, a lot of people talking on E when getting all the gear on VE is mindlessly easy and still possible...

I think it's just that I'm only missing legs and feet... I've been doing this for several weeks without seeing a drop and on Saturdays me and a few LS mades do a manaburn on E. We've seen drops this way. So in my feeble mind I think that E is helping me somehow. I suppose I should just keep doing VE since it's faster, but I'm just trying to find a way to get the legs + feet... =\
By SimonSes 2019-12-17 14:42:16  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Man, a lot of people talking on E when getting all the gear on VE is mindlessly easy and still possible...

From my own experience and ~350 E vs ~50 VE I can say that I had significantly better drop rate on E. Like 1/25 armor on E and 0/50 armor on VE.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-12-17 14:46:27  
Its very hard to judge VE/E drop rate. I started doing VE on THF and got nearly everything, but started going E MNK method because it was faster and i could net parcels in addition to the hopeful improved drop rate. Saw only 1 drop on E, and the majority on VE, but that doesn't mean much since by the time I upgraded to E I had all but Legs.
By Draylo 2019-12-17 14:49:36  
You can team up with people for E if they are missing certain pieces. Most I've spoken to are only missing one or two as they spam endlessly, so it seems more beneficial and fun to team up and it might be easier on you.
By Unzero 2019-12-17 14:51:53  
Draylo said: »
You can team up with people for E if they are missing certain pieces. Most I've spoken to are only missing one or two as they spam endlessly, so it seems more beneficial and fun to team up and it might be easier on you.

Been trying to. Just can't seem to get a bite. Going to try after I refill merits and hope for some interest.
By Draylo 2019-12-17 22:03:36  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
No, there is no possible way a MNK solo with dinky trusts is going to clear faster than a BLU with an idris GEO, get real. Thanks.

Maybe you clear faster, maybe you don't(he did a video, you didn't), but he was never trying to say that. You brought your killspeed into it as a way to deny MNK's speed. You can watch his video, his claim is very clearly not ***.

The only person making it into 'MNK vs BLU' or 'MNK vs BLU+GEO' is you.

Also uploaded this, (sound didnt sync properly, not sure why.)
YouTube Video Placeholder

My first time uploading anything in a year wow how much youtube has changed lol. Some new neat things and some lame things too.

This was without my idris GEO/extra chars tagging along and I used some trusts he did but I added ajido, no idea why he doesn't use him instead of subbing RDM for dispel.

Have no intention of arguing over seconds or any critiques but just put that up to in case of any doubts.
By Unzero 2019-12-17 22:47:21  
I hate how things get skewed by limited perceptions. Done five Easy runs today, finally got legs!! Only need feet now! But I sure do die at the end a lot. When she hits me with Veil, it's basically gameover if I don't pop a Panacea in time.
By Draylo 2019-12-17 23:28:40  
I was responding and the post poofed. Looks like Buuki deleted it. It originally said he didn't know Ajido could Dispel and that he learned something new and why would I bother saying anything if I knew it was easy.

Well, like I said earlier, it wasnt even a big deal. Was simply a small disbelief and a question which was answered, not much more. But hopefully people get info they are looking for. That is without the GEO also, so I usually do it faster and with TH9.
By Unzero 2019-12-17 23:30:11  
I was responding and the post poofed.

Well, like I said earlier, it wasnt even a big deal. Was simply a small disbelief and a question which was answered, not much more. But hopefully people get info they are looking for. That is without the GEO also, so I usually do it faster and with TH9.

Makes me wish I had alts!
By Draylo 2019-12-17 23:33:27  
Sorry that was in response to someone else lol.

Well no need to rush, everyone has an army of alts these days so take your time.
 Asura.Lunafreya
サーバ: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-02 10:27:51  
Finally getting around to doing Lilith. Got sword (meh~) in my first batch of 15 runs (VE, THF).

Debating between continuing with VE on THF or switching over to DNC/THF with TH+2 in gear on E.

Reading through this thread though it sounds like it’s all a crapshoot.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-02 13:20:13  
I think it depends on 2 factors that you need to balance out:

1) How fast is your VE THF run vs your E DNC run?
2) How long are the queues?

If VE THF is much faster AND queues are short, probably I'd go for this route because in the same time you do 2 E runs, you can probably do 3 VE.

If the difference beween VE and E speed is small and/or queues are long, I'd go for E.

Drop rate is really low, granted that the Solo (no mules) drop rate data is hard to examine because there is no way to discern between when there really there was no drop at all, and when an item that you already own dropped, making you see nothing in the loot pool.

From my personal experience drop rate on VD with TH8+ is uhm... ~75% (small sample) and VD with TH4 seems to be around ~60%?
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 10:24:12  
Coming up on 50 runs (about 35~ on VE THF, 15 E with TH4) and all I've gotten is sword and pole.

Was hoping to see at least 1 armor drop by now but...
 Valefor.Yandaime
サーバ: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-01-03 10:51:42  
I would recommend doing E on THF personally. Using the gimp strategy is very fast and nearly fool-proof:

Use preferred trusts but make Ajido is useful if you get an early Thorn. Melee her until she spawns a Gyve and then just switch to engage that thing and just Evisceration spam her from the side.

DNC and THF share lots of the same gear and weapons so the differences shouldn’t be much and there’s always the benefit of boosted TH. The drop rate is something like what? 10%? or so d
For E? It sucks but hang in there, something will eventually give.

I’ve been doing the Eijin SAM Zerg D/VD Method if we’re on at the same times I can invite, I could use a proper TH tag though instead of my lolTHF sub + Chaac Belt. Need Hands and Legs so I can be done with this damn thing
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-01-03 11:18:32  
Can anyone Confirm the Daybreak on E/VE? i've seen All of the other pieces out of E/VE.

ive gotten everything but the head/legs/hands/feet, but ive seen ss's of everything but the DB on E/VE.
 Odin.Shozilla
サーバ: Odin
user: Shosei
By Odin.Shozilla 2020-01-03 11:23:26  
I've got Daybreak on my four characters, all from E.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-01-03 12:20:33  
Got my daybreak on E
 Odin.Khimeria
サーバ: Odin
user: khimeria
By Odin.Khimeria 2020-01-03 12:24:49  
I got 5/8 (including daybreak and earring) on VE in 40 runs or so. The next 40 have been a dry hole though :(
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 12:26:23  
Odin.Khimeria said: »
I got 5/8 (including daybreak and earring) on VE in 40 runs or so. The next 40 have been a dry hole though :(

Brb /wristing.....
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2020-01-03 14:02:35  
~70 runs and have everything but Daybreak and Sword from VE... Will try E for club. Is E significantly harder than VE?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-01-03 14:03:45  
Asura.Airoh said: »
~70 runs and have everything but Daybreak and Sword from VE... Will try E for club. Is E significantly harder than VE?
One helix can kill it on E
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-01-03 14:16:23  
Asura.Airoh said: »

Ya'll are triggering the hell out of me.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-01-03 14:16:43  
None of the HTBF jump in difficulty "significantly" from VE to E. The real jump is Normal. I have died on VE as THF from being careless, but the fight is just going to be about a minute longer on E. Which means more of those disgusting TP moves to deal with. Probably best to TP on a gyve as mentioned and WS on her, rather than continue to feed her TP and risk more deaths.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-01-03 14:22:15  
All drops took 427 clears on VE as THF for me.
 Cerberus.Hideka
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-01-03 14:44:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
>_>;;;

ive gotten the Pole, sword, Earring, Body and now head, in only like twelve runs on VE as a Redmage using Lion II for TH >_>;

Are you cursed? Do you need to see a priest or something?
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2020-01-03 14:56:26  
Maybe? I was 7/8 after 207 kills, the remaining were for the malignance tights that refused to drop. That's why people are saying it's best to team up after that many.

Although you're probably right, I'm 0/9 on "classic" ffxi Argus for peacock charm. :D

Even the GMs conspire against me!
 Siren.Itachi
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2020-01-03 15:08:00  
It took me 800 runs of E to get all drops. I'd say 95% of that was with th10+. Pretty sure my ls is sick of me chiming in with that fact whenever someone complains about not getting full drops under 100 runs.

I'm forever with PTSD thanks to Lilith rng. A dog I recently adopted has her middle name as Lilith
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-01-03 15:13:47  
Cerberus.Hideka said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Commencal said: »
>_>;;;

ive gotten the Pole, sword, Earring, Body and now head, in only like twelve runs on VE as a Redmage using Lion II for TH >_>;

Are you cursed? Do you need to see a priest or something?
That's nothing compared to my record of 0 armor drops in 400 E runs with TH4.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 47 48 49