Your Nyzul Uncharted Campaign Treasures!?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Your Nyzul Uncharted Campaign Treasures!?
Your Nyzul Uncharted Campaign Treasures!?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-01 02:59:08  
3 stacks of petrifacts isnt a tall order.
By Seun 2024-07-01 03:11:46  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

How long does it take to farm 3 stacks of crystal petrifact?

*edit

Just based on my personal experience, it's a taller order than farming/buying plutons and farming T3 for a pulse. If you were ever going to test this, do it against a VWNM that drops pulse weapons. You're going to be there a while and might actually get the drop before you finish 3 stacks.
By LightningHelix 2024-07-01 14:18:56  
Seun said: »

How long does it take to farm 3 stacks of crystal petrifact?
I'm like 95% sure that it's faster to farm 36 Abdhaljs's Honor in Legion - downside is, each Mul run takes about 10-15 minutes to prep via "killing 3 monsters in each of 4 earlier Legion areas to get the four entry KIs" and then also you get whammbo'd by Astral Flow or Death some percentage of the time - because you get 1-3 of those per boss-monster kill so you can theoretically just get them all in one thirty-minute Hall of Mul run.

(And you can also purchase Honors from other players' bazaars, although I can't say I've seen one in the past two years. Certainly wasn't looking.)

Petrifacts are just too rare.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-01 14:39:31  
I'll give the above, as my original statement was someone solo, 36 Honors isnt a tall order. A multiboxer would go the VW route due to personal loot from petrifacts, opposed to needing 36 honors * number of chars. But 3 stacks of petrifacts is not a tall order. Its not like you have to get them today, because you then need to do the 25k pot's (26.1 whatever) to get the pulse weapon. Thats a tall order, but once again, you dont need to make all 25k today. You get those pots when EPing, in Ody, in Sortie, in Omen, in Dyna, etc etc.

Now having said that: is a solo player getting 55k hallmarks per month so they can clear out all the alexandrite and have enough for a monthly ambu weapon? A solo player working on their mythic is likely using their HM's and GA on Alex, not Weapon upgrade materials.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-01 14:50:59  
I went through my logs from my last Voidstone burning run back in April:

"A fiend materializes from the planar rift!" = 443
" obtains the crystal petrifact!" = 450

Average of one per fight. 297 Petrifacts is not a tall order.

Ffxidb suggests closer to a 50% drop rate, however the information on ffxidb has so many variables not accounted for:
Blue light value on kill (most of these were before vw campaigns)
0/1/2 Concentration periapts
Cobalt cell used
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-01 15:18:58  
I would say 1/kill is pretty average. Sometimes I would end up with 4 petrifacts in a single boss kill (incredibly frustrating TBH). Petrifacts are REALLY common and kills take like...30 seconds for a group of 2-3. Solo it might take up to a minute, maybe? If you use weakeners, even shorter.

297 Petrifacts are not a significant barrier.

NNI is also a great place for pulses IMO; any time I've spent significant time doing NNI during a campaign I've seen at least 1 pulse. They also drop into the treasure pool if you have more than 1 character in the party, so a linkshell mate/friend could farm one and hand it off to you, similar to AMAN trove, without you putting in any effort. Tons of players in the modern day have no use for a pulse weapon.

I don't have a huge sample size, but I'd say GF farming in Zi'Tah is probably the most likely place to get one. I've gone there many times and spent < 1 stack of plutons and gotten a pulse. Never spent more than 2 stacks, they usually drop within an hour. Kills take < 30 seconds as well.

It really does depend on your gear level though. If you can't quickly kill Voidwatch, Legion, or GF NMs, NNI is still really easy and can be done at any gear level.

To each their own. Best path to a pulse really depends on your stage in the game. Ultimately though, like most things I go back to the thing I say all the time: make friends, join groups, and you'll get a pulse in no time. I get like...3 a month and BEG people to take them from me. I've still ended up with 6+ of them sitting in my storage because nobody wants the things.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-01 17:50:49  
inb4: "u got lucky, Petrifacts are rare, I trust ffxidb's data more than u, ur dumb becuz u lock to floor 20"

If you were ever going to test this, do it against a VWNM that drops pulse weapons. You're going to be there a while and might actually get the drop before you finish 3 stacks.

Char1: 450/443 - 0 weapon
Char2: 460/443 - 1 weapon
Char3: 469/443 - 0 weapon
Friend1: 483/443 - 0 weapon
Friend2: 469/443 - 0 weapon
Friend3: 439/443 - 0 weapon

All during VW event so capped lights on kill, all have double Concentration, Cobalt Cells used on 430+ of those fights.

I'm done engaging you. Its pretty clear you have no *** clue what you're talking about.

I'll leave one parting gift, I'll be nice and give you a bit of solace.

That one weapon was obtained after that char obtained 105 petrifacts, so you can have that very minor little victory as you ignore the fact that same character then got another 3+ stacks of petrifacts (355) without seeing a weapon, and 5 other chars got over four stacks of petrifacts without seeing a weapon.
By Seun 2024-07-01 18:27:33  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
I don't have a huge sample size, but I'd say GF farming in Zi'Tah is probably the most likely place to get one.

This has been my suggestion for pulse all along, assuming you can solo efficiently or get help farming.

Regarding the petrifacts, the point is that these drops are only PART of the 'tall task'. Even assuming guaranteed drop, how long does it take to farm 3 stacks? Congratulations, but you're not done. Now you farm several hours a day for a few weeks to get the potpourri you need to actually buy the weapon.

T3 > NNI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 297 petrifact and farming 25k potpourri

I'm done engaging you. Its pretty clear you have no *** clue what you're talking about.

Well you lost the argument about ZNM being more efficient to farm than +2 boxes. I don't have a clue why you deflected to VW as a good place to obtain pulse, because it's not. It's probably for the best that you disengage. You're a bad loser.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-07-01 18:43:33  
Let's be honest with ourselves here though, nobody is "farming potpourri".

Everyone I know has tens or hundreds of thousands of potpourri because you get it while doing every activity in the game in spades.

Plus more than half the population of this game bots ML like it was going out of style, so...there's infinite potpourri and conquest points.

If you're gonna include potpourri farming in the level of effort for a pulse sure, it's not very efficient. I think Nynja's point was that you get potpourri without even trying and then suddenly you have a free pulse weapon out of nowhere, with no special effort. I'd agree with that concept.

If you're in a hurry, probably not the best but once you've got the petrifacts you get a portion of a pulse weapon every seg farm, omen farm, merit farm, ambuscade, pretty much anything you do in-game. The same can't be said for NNI or GF.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-01 18:59:35  
I don't have a clue why you deflected to VW as a good place to obtain pulse,
Where the *** did I say anything remotely close to "VW is a good place to obtain pulse"???

Answer: I havent, *** you.

I think Nynja's point was that you get potpourri without even trying and then suddenly you have a free pulse weapon out of nowhere, with no special effort. I'd agree with that concept.
By Seun 2024-07-01 19:31:51  
Again, we're way off course for no reason here. Not sure if you were there Maletaru, but Nynja and I already beat this horse to death. Years ago now, if memory serves.

You need a weapon or you don't. Naegling was literally the piece that pulled my BLU out of NNI spam and into farming T3 solo. At that point, I just farmed the weapons that were immediate impact and collected the rest passively. I'd suggest the same route to anyone.

I have zero issues with passive farming, but lets at least be reasonable here. Monthly deeds is the best passive way to earn pulse. I still really have no clue why VW resurfaced here...
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-02 23:09:20  
Deeds is good for your first one after 5 months of playtime. You can then get another after 25 months (over two years, barring cheating or another VanaBout), and then you can get a Pulse weapon every year.

This guys going on about how 297 Petrifacts is an outlandish ordeal, how 25k potpourri is an absurd requirement, but one pulse kupon from clearing all deeds RoE every month on month 5, another on month 31, and yearly going forward is "the best passive way to earn pulse". The first one is a gimme, but needing to wait two years and then only getting one per year is not a great method to get pulse weapons.

Anyways, is there some behind the scenes flag that identifies where every ??? item comes from? There are 21 known NM's in NNI that drop ??? Box. If I farm 1-20 over and over and wind up with a bunch of ??? Boxes from those NM's (Amanita, Rambukk, Nocuous Weapon, Slumbering Samwell, Teporingo, Maltha), it is expected that I will never see any loot from NM's on floors 21+ that also drop boxes (ie: Assault Jerkin from Ose, Amemet Skin from Amemet, etc etc). Is this a flag that people could have access to seeing, even if by illegitimate means or is this strictly server side, similar to BCNM Orb status (if that is actually server side)?
By Seun 2024-07-03 01:01:00  
The first one is a gimme, but needing to wait two years and then only getting one per year is not a great method to get pulse weapons.

Naegling was literally the piece that pulled my BLU out of NNI spam and into farming T3 solo.
By Seun 2024-07-03 16:55:43  
If you're gonna include potpourri farming in the level of effort for a pulse sure, it's not very efficient. I think Nynja's point was that you get potpourri without even trying and then suddenly you have a free pulse weapon out of nowhere, with no special effort. I'd agree with that concept.

/toss "Red Flag" <t>

You keep saying things like 'free' and 'no special effort'. Please try for a moment to consider who these campaigns are aimed at. If you're new or returning, you're spending merits to increase your cap. You're spending merits on new jobs that were added since you came back or changing merits for old jobs you already had. Most importantly, you're using merits to run HTMB for gear and chapters to upgrade your AF/Relic/Empy armor. Even beyond the point you need items and chapters, this rivals the profits you make in other campaigns even when it's not active.

If you're a new or returning player, that's a far better use of your time and merits. If you were already progressed beyond needing these items or upgrades, you didn't need help farming a pulse anyway. Same holds for bots or buyers.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-07-03 17:11:53  
Pulse from VW is completely random. Whether weapon or gear pulse. I was 0/912 on Toci's when it was relevant, and then last VW campaign I did less than 200 Aello and got 3 Ephemeron lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-03 17:15:53  
A new player isnt finishing 3 ambu weapons in a month solo. They arent finishing one weapon in a month solo and would be better served getting that bankroll up by selling the money items.

Full stop
By Seun 2024-07-03 17:51:45  
Yeah, a new player with no voidstone stock running back and forth to the VO to trade dust... *** who?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-07-03 18:14:26  
Good news, they dont have to voidwatch for Petrifacts:
LightningHelix said: »
I'm like 95% sure that it's faster to farm 36 Abdhaljs's Honor in Legion

There is literally ZERO content that the line between success and failure is tied to five Abdhaljs Honors and a pulse weapon. There is ZERO content that someone using a Kaja Sword is going to struggle with and upgrading to a Naegling makes it EZMODE.

However, who else did you say these campaigns are for?
If you're new or returning, you're spending merits to increase your cap.
Ah, returning players, who will have literally THOUSANDS of Voidstones stockpiled.
By Seun 2024-07-03 18:35:39  
Good news, they dont have to voidwatch for Petrifacts:
LightningHelix said: »
I'm like 95% sure that it's faster to farm 36 Abdhaljs's Honor in Legion

The 250M experience points was always the ordeal here. That's why VW and Legoin don't matter. If you add a cake walk to an ordeal, it's still an ordeal. This all still comes at the cost of progress elsewhere unless you didn't need it. If you didn't need it, you don't *** need it.

There is literally ZERO content that the line between success and failure is tied to five Abdhaljs Honors and a pulse weapon. There is ZERO content that someone using a Kaja Sword is going to struggle with and upgrading to a Naegling makes it EZMODE.

There was no potpourri when I came back for RoV. I spent my merits where I should have and had all of the armor upgrades and items from HTMB to add the Naegling to. Never said it was easy, just consistent. Malignance made it easy.