言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Frog Ambuscade V1
Frog Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16
By Afania 2019-08-11 00:14:26  
Does this month even need silence? Been using Ejiins strat for 30 sec win, honestly I feel buff/silence takes much longer than actual fight time so Id like to skip silencing it >.>. I also dont want to struggle for getting a rdm.

I mean if we can just have whm cure bomb it wouldnt cast death right? Or does frog just gain too much TP from nukes if silence isnt on?
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2019-08-11 00:17:26  
We haven't been using Silence using Regain SC method either. First SC triggers Chainspell, then we SC him again while Chainspell's still going and he's dead. Only seems necessary to prevent him from building TP immediately from Kaustra+Occult Acumen, but RUN keeping Stoneskin up has it do 0 damage anyway.
By Afania 2019-08-11 00:20:25  
Bismarck.Sterk said: »
We haven't been using Silence using Regain SC method either. First SC triggers Chainspell, then we SC him again while Chainspell's still going and he's dead. Only seems necessary to prevent him from building TP immediately from Kaustra+Occult Acumen, but RUN keeping Stoneskin up has it do 0 damage anyway.

We've been meleeing it though, and not using mnk either. So it does feed quite a bit of TP and both DD+tank will get hit with nukes....guess Ill have to try to find out.

Edit: Answering my own question. Watching ejiins stream again apparently they dont even silence. Good to know.
By SimonSes 2019-08-11 02:12:10  
I dont silence it on D using only brd and cor to buff and yoran to heal myself. Real whm would be even easier. Maybe even easy enough to make VD.
By Afania 2019-08-11 12:59:35  
SimonSes said: »
I dont silence it on D using only brd and cor to buff and yoran to heal myself. Real whm would be even easier. Maybe even easy enough to make VD.

Tried none silencing + melee for tp strat, tp move went off at 6th ws since frog gains tp way fast with CS :x. Ejiin killed frog in 5 ws so I guess none silencing strat worked for him. If you need something like 7-8 ws to kill it gets really risky without silence.

I can see none silencing strat works if you TP disengage or use MNK as DD though. For vast majority of not MNK DD thats not as strong as ejiins sam silence is certainly more safe.

SimonSes said: »

Its less about dmg from nukes, more about frogs (much) faster TP gain during CS IMO.

Edit: also if you use jobs like whm they can /blm to land ES silence after immunobreak. Rdm main isnt required to land. Its not like inundation matters with solo DD so setup is flexible.

Edit2: forgot that geo needs SJ to silence.
By SimonSes 2019-08-11 13:48:07  
On D I use shijin, then 6 VS to kill it, but I only use honor/2xminuet/chaos/berserk/impetus as only attack buffs (no geo and no dia), so idk if my attack is capped.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-08-11 14:21:30  
The accuracy requirements are pretty low too. I've been using stuff like attack food, etudes and indi-STR and allies roll all to boost WS and SC damage.

With all that, I've been able to consistently clear VD on SAM without mew by just brute force DPS. Granted I still use Auspice and a subtle blow TP set.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-08-11 15:05:40  
atk requirements aren't that high either but harder to hit without bubbles

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By gregchiro2013 2019-08-13 21:05:57  
Dual Box 2 OD pups super easy on Intense Normal. No Cor No Geo.
 Asura.Biglovin
サーバ: Asura
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-08-13 21:42:37  
Dual box OD pups going /Cor can do VD simply
By gregchiro2013 2019-08-14 02:37:27  
wow never thought /cor......THANKS!!!!
 Shiva.Arkanisgath
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pexei
By Shiva.Arkanisgath 2019-08-14 11:29:03  
So either the game seriously bugged out, or there is a way to not only avoid damage from quenching hammer, but actually get healed by it. And yes, Cntrl was fully buffed like everyone else in the party and right next to all of us.... He was on whm/sch, anyone had this happen to them before?

Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-08-14 12:01:21  
Shiva.Arkanisgath said: »
So either the game seriously bugged out, or there is a way to not only avoid damage from quenching hammer, but actually get healed by it. And yes, Cntrl was fully buffed like everyone else in the party and right next to all of us.... He was on whm/sch, anyone had this happen to them before?

There are a few possibilities here.

light sachet
warder's charm +1
shadow ring

To name a few.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-14 12:01:57  
Probably some form of chance to absorb magic damage in idle set?
 Shiva.Arkanisgath
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pexei
By Shiva.Arkanisgath 2019-08-14 12:48:06  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Shiva.Arkanisgath said: »

There are a few possibilities here.

light sachet
warder's charm +1
shadow ring

To name a few.

There it is, he was using Warder's charm +1. So simple yet we just didn`t think of it. Thanks
By Homsar 2019-08-16 01:53:24  
Any effective solo strats for difficulties above VE?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-16 02:06:12  
Homsar said: »
Any effective solo strats for difficulties above VE?
Just don't use GEO BRD COR PLD RUN DRK or BLU and kill it. (this means trusts too. Don't use any of those jobs or ones labled as 'special' like Sel'htus)

Or solo it with pup. You can do it with mediocre gear up to normal effortlessly.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-16 02:10:04  
Monk or ninja with full SB/Chi blast/yurin multi stepping it? We know Monk can do it, ninja probably would fare decently as well. Dark can also do soul enslavement (possibly Anguta 5 step) and down it before it gets a chance to respond. Pup can already clear this solo up to at least normal with average gear, as stated above. Higher levels of you're a good one with the right sets (page back for video).

I mean there's literally DOZENS of setups discussed in this thread. Read back a few pages at least?
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-08-16 02:25:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Dark can also do soul enslavement (possibly Anguta 5 step) and down it before it gets a chance to respond.

Might try this to triobox VD between doing D without SPs. Thx for reminder.
By Homsar 2019-08-16 02:34:51  
Read back a few pages at least?

I did. I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound difficult, I mainly play solo so a lot of the terms used here don't make sense to me. I was just able to do it as SAM on Normal but got lucky due to it not using Providence. Not sure what I can do to make it easier.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-16 02:36:12  
Don't forget DS absorb TP with empyrean hands.

Sam should be one of the easier jobs to clear it if you just chain him down. Use a subtle blow set and you should be fine. Not sure if yaegesumi blocks hammer, if so, makes harder difficulties easier
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-16 02:40:40  
Read back a few pages at least?

I did. I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound difficult, I mainly play solo so a lot of the terms used here don't make sense to me. I was just able to do it as SAM on Normal but got lucky due to it not using Providence. Not sure what I can do to make it easier.

Things you can do to make it easier, use trusts that don't give tp to the frog/interrupt your skillchain. Make use of a subtle blow set. Multi step skillchain. (use food if you didnt, so many people dont use food...) Put merits in blade bash for plague potentially.
By Homsar 2019-08-16 02:54:21  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Multi step skillchain.

Am I missing something here that is causing me to lack damage? I can 4 step (Fudo Kasha Shoha Fudo) and I end up taking about 30% of his health or so, but it doesn't seem like it's quick enough.

Should I consider doing this on SMN instead?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-08-16 02:57:28  
Soloing on SMN definitely isn't optimal unless youre going to conduit it
By SimonSes 2019-08-16 03:09:59  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Multi step skillchain.

Am I missing something here that is causing me to lack damage? I can 4 step (Fudo Kasha Shoha Fudo) and I end up taking about 30% of his health or so, but it doesn't seem like it's quick enough.

Should I consider doing this on SMN instead?

Ejin uses 5 WSs on SAM I think and he has 2 rolls, 4 songs (including STR songs), geo, dia iii and close to perfect gear. You said you play solo, so your damage will be FAR from that on full buffs/debuffs.
By Pantafernando 2019-08-16 06:23:44  
Eijin does that on VD.

If solo, should consider dropping a bit the dificulty to N or pushing D.

As you stated, SMN is a reliable way to do. On VD, you just need 2 well geared to beat frog (and a RUN to odyllic). A solo SMN probably should be enough for lower dificult.

That said, adding one more SMN and a wallmart RUN doesnt require that much effort to invite. And worth the pain.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-16 08:25:12  
A rune is honestly Overkill from a tanking perspective for this guy. Frog hits like a wet noodle and even a thief in a DT set can hold him if you're doing a summoner method. Larceny works for Chainspell. He's weak.

Smn smn smn cor thf, and the summoners can be average. Can afac if you want but you can slow cheese it as well. 1 SMN use afac, the other uses mew, the last adds damage and heals when necessary, and you alternate roles every fight. Thief can WS when he his TP and then disengage.

DRG is also a good candidate for this fight as a partner. Gets angon, jumps don't feed the frog TP, and has high tp gain and access to a strong impulse drive or stardiver
By Pantafernando 2019-08-16 08:41:37  
Lacerny is a good idea.

The only 2 risk in smn burn is avatars dying form chainspell and/or fight taking long enough to trigger hammering.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-08-16 11:48:19  
BPs don't feed TP, and with the occasional mew, it'll never get a chance to use Hammer. The only TP gain will be from his melee hits on the tank, which won't be much (THF can despoil a good chunk after a string of hits).

Since you're reliant on timers for the slow SMN method anyways, SMN can sit outside of aoe range while THF holds it and do their thing. Of course, for AFAC spam, Larceny removes the risk of death from Chainspell. I haven't brought THF to a slow-kill method, though, as it's just faster as safer to bring RUN using OFA etc. But for an afac burn, THF is a fine stand-in tank.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16