フォーラム » FFXI » General » A Filthy Casual's Guide: Gameplay
A Filthy Casual's Guide: Gameplay
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 10:33:06  
Assriel is average at best, and a dbag.

Problem is everyone else is below average. Afk with MAGA on at oseem until you get 40mab 5wsd doesn't make you anything other than lucky.

I don't know why the hell this is being discussed... but at least get it correct if you're going to.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ricon 2019-07-31 12:44:13  
Asura.Shiraj said: »
DirectX said: »
And Azzriel, although a completely ignorant ***, his COR is one of the best on Asura.
What has he done on COR that has impressed you? Spammed Leaden Salute with massive buffs from mules, or something actually noteworthy?

I mean his COR would literally destroy mobs and win parse almost every time.
Although he is a parse *** he surives rather well. Not many CORs can take more than 1 hit.

And about Leaden Salute, yes. I done Sealed Fate with Azzriel back before Relic +2/3 and R15 came out and his Leaden Salutes back then still do more damage than R15 DP cors now when I tried.
40-60k on average into 99k dark constantly. Even CORs now struggle to hit 25-35k.
So yes, he is a good cor.
Every avg or above cor with buffs set up for leaden will "literally destroy mobs and win parse" and what cor doesn't survive? Leaden generates basically no enmity, all magical ws generate enmity based on its base dmg before any multipliers. Cors survive as well as any other light DD from AoE which is fine, they do huge dmg when buffed for it, compare apples to apples. Our cors win basically every wave 3 boss fight but none of the overall runs. Melee DD doing 30-50k ws will generate 30-50k dmg enmity, they will pull hate and die eventually. Cors dealing 60k generate 5-10k worth of enmity from dmg, of course they aren't pulling hate as much and getting killed. An exceptional Cor isn't the one at the top of the parse waving their epeen, it's the one supporting their alliance without having to be asked or told what to do, the one that deals good dmg as a support and deals monster dmg when needed for the situation. The same is true for brds and rdms. Our brds can melee and contribute solid dps, they support and speed up the entire objective, rdms can burst well into the upper tiers, its nothing to brag about if you aren't debuffing and buffing. This turned into a rant instead of a correction so I'll end it with this. If the value you have in a player is their ability to mindlessly deal dmg on X job, you don't understand what it means to actually be a good player.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-31 12:57:31  
Ricon said: »
Every avg or above cor with buffs set up for leaden will "literally destroy mobs and win parse" and what cor doesn't survive? Leaden generates basically no enmity, all magical ws generate enmity based on its base dmg before any multipliers. Cors survive as well as any other light DD from AoE which is fine, they do huge dmg when buffed for it, compare apples to apples. Our cors win basically every wave 3 boss fight but none of the overall runs. Melee DD doing 30-50k ws will generate 30-50k dmg enmity, they will pull hate and die eventually. Cors dealing 60k generate 5-10k worth of enmity from dmg, of course they aren't pulling hate as much and getting killed. An exceptional Cor isn't the one at the top of the parse waving their epeen, it's the one supporting their alliance without having to be asked or told what to do, the one that deals good dmg as a support and deals monster dmg when needed for the situation. The same is true for brds and rdms. Our brds can melee and contribute solid dps, they support and speed up the entire objective, rdms can burst well into the upper tiers, its nothing to brag about if you aren't debuffing and buffing. This turned into a rant instead of a correction so I'll end it with this. If the value you have in a player is their ability to mindlessly deal dmg on X job, you don't understand what it means to actually be a good player.

I mean, i've partied with a LOT of people in this game. There is less than 4 CORs on Asura who have been able to do what he has done. Wave 3 is easy, I get that, I spoke about Sealed Fate back in 2017 times. Go try that.
But the knowledge he has compared to others is different. Most people now are dumb as hell.

But you've clearly missed the point of him being versatile more than others. And the statement Tensu made is dumb as hell. "Swaps into his DT quicker" is just missing the point. Yes, Tensu, Azzriel is a complete *** boy and 100% he is a better player than you. When a player knows when to do stuff and when to make the call for certain stuff, it shows and not to be carried by others.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-31 13:00:26  
When a player knows when to do stuff and when to make the call for certain stuff, it shows and not to be carried by others.

You still haven't really given any examples. COR has minimal enmity gain, fulltime 48% DT even if they don't try, and plenty of other benefits to the point that anyone can effectively DPS without dying.

Not saying he isn't better than Tensu, but your perception of good seems to be 'this person plays with me and parses ok' rather than any objective measure.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-31 13:12:47  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
When a player knows when to do stuff and when to make the call for certain stuff, it shows and not to be carried by others.

You still haven't really given any examples. COR has minimal enmity gain, fulltime 48% DT even if they don't try, and plenty of other benefits to the point that anyone can effectively DPS without dying.

Not saying he isn't better than Tensu, but your perception of good seems to be 'this person plays with me and parses ok' rather than any objective measure.

Well one thing is being able to perform well for damage and keep support up, not rely on a Whm for heals or erase non-stop. And being able to maintain enmity when Savage Blade spamming is going off.
Cor doesn't get Decoy Shot so being able to keep a decent enmity level up until capped enmity is definitely one good thing.

There's only so much for some jobs which sets them apart for being "good", but it's noticable when people do it or when they don't.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-07-31 13:16:43  
not rely on a Whm for heals or erase non-stop
Except, if you stop to use panacea or heal yourself, you're sacrificing damage that didn't need to be sacrificed. Surely a yagrush whm has to cast it for someone anyway, and isn't potentially putting out damage.

And being able to maintain enmity when Savage Blade spamming is going off.
I highly doubt azzriel has an enmity- savage blade setup, but even if he did, that's a pretty simple change. Not seeing the skill.

There's only so much for some jobs which sets them apart for being "good", but it's noticable when people do it or when they don't.
Good, sure. You didn't say good. You said 'one of the best on Asura. '.

Unless you're considering (100+) people to be the best on Asura, he's got nothing that everyone else doesn't. You're just talking out your *** based on your own experiences.

Put another way, everyone wants to think of themselves and their friends as above the crowd, but the truth is this is a game where everyone with a baseline level of intelligence and a copied lua(or xml, or gearset) can perform identically.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-07-31 13:23:27  
Except, if you stop to use panacea or heal yourself, you're sacrificing damage that didn't need to be sacrificed. Surely a yagrush whm has to cast it for someone anyway, and isn't potentially putting out damage.

I highly doubt azzriel has an enmity- savage blade setup, but even if he did, that's a pretty simple change. Not seeing the skill.

Unless you're considering (100+) people to be the best on Asura, he's got nothing that everyone else doesn't. You're just talking out your *** based on your own experiences.

I can see what you mean, but surprisingly not. Most Whms I've seen or played with don't even know when to erase. Just lazy *** cure only.

And The stuff that may seem simple, is really not. These guys on Asura different. The common stuff isn't there.
Perhaps one of the best on Asura may not be close on other servers with more competent people, but I'm 100% certain for this bad server.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2019-07-31 13:45:57  
Quote:
but I'm 100% certain for this bad server.
so agent smith has taken over? only the ONE can stop him?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-07-31 13:55:37  
Cot damn this got petty real quick.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 13:55:47  
I've never really heard of anything that he's done that gets him the kind of hate he does either.
He's one of those morons that shouts racist/HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE/*** ***in yell.

... at least he used to. I think he's gotten smart enough to realize his stupid *** is on the chopping block for bannination.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-07-31 14:01:24  
I doubt anyone bothered to screen cap it. He's just another among many.

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2019-07-31 14:12:41  
nothing about playing with a controller? Could be on the couch or at your desk with your feet up, leaned back with a controller in hand with XI on one screen and netflix on the other.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-07-31 14:56:36  
I use a ps4 controller but its wired if at my pc desk

For some reason when I play ffxi with it bluetooth wireless on the ps4 controller i get crazy input lag to the point its unplayable... only with ffxi... other games like mh:w or dbz fighters works fine and dandy

I use a xbox controller if I play on the couch... never had input lag ever with that
By Afania 2019-07-31 18:01:43  

I can see what you mean, but surprisingly not. Most Whms I've seen or played with don't even know when to erase. Just lazy *** cure only.

And The stuff that may seem simple, is really not. These guys on Asura different. The common stuff isn't there.
Perhaps one of the best on Asura may not be close on other servers with more competent people, but I'm 100% certain for this bad server.

Most players aren't top end, every servers are like that. That's how it goes in every MMO because not every player plays video game seriously.

Your statement generated a lot of debate because "best" is a very bold statement unless you have put everyone on the server in the same pt multiple times and compare them side by side. I highly doubt you played with everyone on a 3k people server :p

I personally don't think sealed fate ws avg is a good measure. From my experience your pt setup and coordination affects ws avg far more than ws set. That BC had pretty high Macc requirement, so I'm guessing the drastic difference that you see is the result of pt setup. Maybe the pt he was in had a top tier rdm using frazzle 3 so every leaden does full dmg. Or maybe someone did Vidohunir.

If you want to see who has better ws set, just check their gears. I really doubt someone can have better leaden set than everyone else on a 3k people server at this point since ws sets are pretty standard. Almost everyone will aim for the one posted in the guide.

Also have to say that the people that you play with more often will be more likely to have better rep than someone that you pt once or twice, and unable to fit into the setup 100% in such a short time. It has been that way regardless of job. Someone being a Good player or bad is mostly just subjective opinions.

That being said....I like you, and I think it's a good thing that you speak so highly about your friend. In an era that endgame player constantly belittling others for their "play skill" in a 15 year old video game it's a good thing to hear something positive.

But think about it, you talked about Iroha fight as it was the hardest content ever then when I tried it was a 15 min fight that won within 2 tries. So maybe, maybe you have the tendency to exaggerate a little. :P

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2019-07-31 19:33:12  
Asura.Dexterm said: »
There are many people that the majority of the server don’t know about who have the same gear and level of play. They just choose to only interact with a close group of friends and avoid all the people who clog up /yell with garbage.
This is true our ls hardly ever does anything outside our group, we are close knit and enjoy each other’s company.
[+]
By Afania 2019-07-31 20:18:19  
Ricon said: »
And Azzriel, although a completely ignorant ***, his COR is one of the best on Asura.
What has he done on COR that has impressed you? Spammed Leaden Salute with massive buffs from mules, or something actually noteworthy?

I mean his COR would literally destroy mobs and win parse almost every time.
Although he is a parse *** he surives rather well. Not many CORs can take more than 1 hit.

And about Leaden Salute, yes. I done Sealed Fate with Azzriel back before Relic +2/3 and R15 came out and his Leaden Salutes back then still do more damage than R15 DP cors now when I tried.
40-60k on average into 99k dark constantly. Even CORs now struggle to hit 25-35k.
So yes, he is a good cor.

playing COR is never really going to be impressive.

I know this discission should end already but seeing people talk about cor like SMN in 2017 still irks me a little. My soul shattered into pieces D:

But no, COR in dynamis is extremly tough to play optimally, more so than every other content like sealed fate(even if sealed fate is harder content as a whole) just because of the huge amount of weapon toggle/melee ranged mode switch required to hit dps ceiling. And THAT is how I judge a cor's real playskill.

Wf is a 35-45k ws on volte, higher if boosted by 20% with fire shot, AE adds 50 to 100k dmg on parse per WS if adds pop or all mobs are pulled. leaden is 40 to 55k dmg per ws on fetter and aurix. Cor gains extra TP round after each mobs are pulled with ra, and completely bypass drgs stun shockspike and perfect dodge that adds a couple more % to the parse.

In general, an aggressive cor will top the parse chart in entire run even if volte are part of the parse. The reason is simple: other physical ws struggle to avg 35k on parse on volte and they cant tp on drg thf as well as a ra cor.

That being said, leaden, ae and wf optimal weapons are all very different. So between these ws cor will need to toggle weapon/mode between different target or before adds pop. Magical ws will be resisted in melee pt, so a DD cor will need to time and rotate 3 rolls(chaos sam on dd, warlock on self) between pulls. They also need to watch position so AE doesnt hit fetters nor NIN mob. Make any one mistake (forgot to swap weapons back, accidently erased DD roll on DD, do roll rotation too slow and miss engage time, switch ra mode but forgot to use high racc gears etc) dps will tank.

Its so much more difficult than something like sealed fate where cor just do 1 ws entire time to close SC.

And yeah, I value cor that can hit dps ceiling in dyna D because I know how hard it is to pull it off perfectly in a 2.5hr raid, even if that person forgot rolls occassionally. Most of the time DDs will yell for rolls as soon as cor forgot about them. So having rolls drop for a few sec isnt huge dps lose. However a cor thats plays optimally majority of time often do almost 200% more dps than other r15 DD in entire run. If THAT isnt valuable in raid, then idk what is.

So yeah, when people that doesnt play the job devalue it into "oh ***just spam leaden with optimal set" or "just keep up rolls and you good" my heart died =\. Ive yet to pull of perfect play in entire dyna run YET, and other people that doesnt play or doesnt play seriously keep saying its an easy job =.=
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-07-31 21:58:34  
Lakshmi.Miang said: »
Apes said: »
Basic understanding of LUA:
(You don't need to be able to write scripts to use LUA, just be able to read it)

I highly recommend Visual Studio Code, a free text editor that has a huge amount of plugins making it close to an IDE for many programming languages. You can install this Lua extension, which will highlight any errors in your code without you having to go in game and see the dreaded red console errors that are hard to read for non programmers.

Plus it has built in git support for the more hardcore types, where you can setup your own private (or public) git repository somewhere and have all your GS files in a repository. You can then push all your changes to the repository, and if your PC ever dies, or you play on a laptop away from home, you can always get your most recent GS files from the git repository, all inside VSCode
VS Code is the best. I use it for all languages I code in except C#
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-08-01 05:58:05  
Afania said: »
But no, COR in dynamis is extremly tough to play optimally, more so than every other content like sealed fate(even if sealed fate is harder content as a whole) just because of the huge amount of weapon toggle/melee ranged mode switch required to hit dps ceiling. And THAT is how I judge a cor's real playskill.

... Woop-de-doo a few macros for weapon swaps....

sorry, but thats just par for the course imo
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-08-01 09:57:25  
1 event for 1hr is cors true skill... righhhhhhht...

Swapping weapons and swapping gear depending on buffs/mob stats isn't just a cor thing....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-01 10:25:54  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Also - Most of the stuff here is on Bg already - https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Returning_to_Vana%27diel
This, my friends, is the most relevant thing in this thread, even from the so-called OP that started this ***.

Why bother with computer specs to run this game if the "guide" is for gameplay for us filthy causals.

See also: how elitist of you for calling us casuals "filthy." I'm sure that most of us have better hygiene than those basement dwellers "elite" gamers who are whiter than Michael Jackson.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2019-08-01 10:27:57  
What kind of racism are we talking about?
Galka racism, of course.

Now get back in the damn mine, you god damn sand lizard!
[+]
By volkom 2019-08-01 10:28:24  
could play DRK and spam only one particular weaponskill
[+]