フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
The Last Dance III: A Dancer's Guide *New*
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-03-31 18:55:46  
Eh. just slap an overload of extra stp or regain (similar to the ambu katana?) on dnc body (on top of what the normal upgrades are/were) to counteract what's lost from DW at capped haste and call it a day. I don't really see them deleting stats. The last time they did that they ended up shifting all of said stats to a random single piece. Eg thf body emnity. Mnk HP+.
They have no reason to not expect dnc to just use the body and remove the "standard" DW pieces.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-31 19:13:29  
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
I don't really see them deleting stats.

They have done it a few times. THF Artifact had 4 pieces with Steal+, but the 109/119 only had 2 Steal pieces. By the time +3 came out, they reduced it to one, and gave the feet a huge chunk (+15). They probably realized it was a relatively useless stat in modern game, and decided against carrying the stat across the set. The original THF relic legs and subsequent upgrades used to have +5 steal as well, but they scrapped it by the time it got to 109 versions.

They could just as easily scrap stats that are no longer relevant and replace them with more appropriate stats now. I keep looking at that Tactical Parry +20 on Empyrean Legs and wish they would do something with that.
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-03-31 19:42:43  
Give one of the pieces Waltz +1. So it can remove 2 status effects with healing waltz, make contradance 1 min instead of 5, or give dancer a version of Divine veil for healing waltz.
 Lakshmi.Cesil
user: Valkyrie
By Lakshmi.Cesil 2022-03-31 19:45:48  
What is the bis piece for waltz legs? Is it possible to get the highest % from oseem techniques with the dark matter event?

I tried during the event and got none :(

Thanks in advance for the halps ^^
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-31 20:16:29  
I use the panties, Dashing Subligar
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2022-03-31 22:30:09  
Dashing Subligar I think is BiS, but I sometimes use the Shantotto Ascension pants augmented with PDT-4% and Waltz Cost-50. Since I got Terpsichore though this is never really a problem, Dashing Subligar is better
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2022-04-01 08:15:07  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Yes, that was literally covered in the post with 2 examples given where they had done that and reversed course via consolidating everything into one item.
As far as we both should know, they are currently not for the deletion of stats. The only exception to this that I know of are how thf af used to have shield skill and that's probably only because THF is no longer a job that uses shields.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-01 17:59:37  
Does the Aeonic AM count towards the SC bonus cap? Or is it considered separate?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-01 18:08:18  
It's not separate alas, same cap.
 Asura.Topace
By Asura.Topace 2022-04-03 00:58:13  
Aww damn. With Nyame being a good swaps in for RS capping skillchain bonus is so easy these days.

I don't even think dnc needs buffs DD wise. It's its utility that needs the buffs as other stated . Haste Samba up to 20%(Lets be real SE will never do 25). TP drain samba instead of Drain Samba 3. Ternary flourish needs a buff.

Buff steps(not to a broken degree). If not that change Terps to a steps potency buff. We should at least match 900skill geo damn it.

Contradance needs to be changed for how useless it is.

As other said Saber and Fan dance need to be addressed also.

I'd be fine with saber going to 15% TA and fan dance 10% PDT2.

This still won't make dnc meta but provide nice alternatives.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-04-03 04:54:04  
The reason dancer isn't meta has nothing to do with its abilities or utility. It's actually really powerful right now. It's just that current content (Odyssey) is very rigid. Any other event we're actually very good at. But dancer can't equip naegling, and sheol-c heavily favors slashing damage. Monk is in the same boat as us there tbh. The atonement 3 Nm's all require a highly specific strategy to win against, and exist in an environment where you can't even use your sub job. They aren't a very good way of gauging job strength if you ask me.

Quote:
Buff steps(not to a broken degree). If not that change Terps to a steps potency buff. We should at least match 900skill geo damn it.

Keep in mind that S-E has been nerfing geomancy debuff potency on any content they come out with for the past few years. It's pretty evident they originally underestimated how powerful stacking fury and frailty together would be, and after realizing it they didn't know what to do. Box step hasn't been and likely won't be touched, and it's pretty damn powerful on NM fights. Contradance is basically divine seal for waltzes, but on a 5 minute recast timer instead of 10. Seems perfectly fine if you ask me. There's plenty they can do with our empyrean set, but I don't think those 2 abilities need much help.

Speculation aside though, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what they do end up doing with our empyrean +3. There's actually a lot of jobs I'm excited to see it for.
By Afania 2022-04-03 05:16:49  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The reason dancer isn't meta has nothing to do with its abilities or utility. It's actually really powerful right now. It's just that current content (Odyssey) is very rigid. Any other event we're actually very good at.

Odyssey actually favors DNC more than other content tbh. GEO bubbles are nerfed so box steps are relevant again. Haste samba is also more relevant because WAR COR BRD doesn't have SJ to cap attack delay.

It's other content that DNC being more replaceable with other DDs IMO.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2022-04-03 05:25:37  
I mean if you're talking about Xevioso or maybe Arebati with a specific melee strategy setup then sure. We fit right in there. But let's be frank. Dancer doesn't fit into the other tier 3 nm's at all. Ngai only takes blunt damage and you don't want to feed him extra TP, Kalunga is best left to the dark knights and warriors, and Ongo and Mboze are absolute no go's. Dancer could maybe fit into the other fights on lower vengence tiers, but I've been fighting them on vengence 20 and those fights are hellishly brutal. Corsair, geo, and bard do better jobs of supporting the group in these fights, and all three of them are going to be picked before us. Geomancy debuff bubbles may be nerfed, but buff bubbles are not. And apart from fury, the extra benefit you get from barrier is absolutely relevant when you have an add running amok smacking the back lines as it pleases. Especially Arrebati... that stupid pig is a freakin monster.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-04-03 06:09:24  
If only this wouldnt be hidden by *** bonanza
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-03 06:37:17  
Was Fast Blade II actually ever tested?
By SimonSes 2022-04-03 06:51:41  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Was Fast Blade II actually ever tested?

Yeah few Bonanzas ago. JP wiki has right stats

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/38159.html

Can't remember now, but I think my DNC sheet has it too
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-03 08:09:45  
That sounds hot, does it still retain the stunning effect of Fast Blade I?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-04-03 08:11:24  
That's flat blade
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-04-08 16:42:47  
Having a fun time mastering Dnc, Wondering about the Subtle Blow: I noticed testing which shows SB rate @20% @Lv 86

I am wondering why the BGwiki chart does not show Dnc Master Lv traits? https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Subtle_Blow

I would like to believe +13% "Subtle Blow Effect" is the same as Subtle Blow itself; netting a total 33% Subtle Blow before gear or auspice?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-04-11 15:13:07  
Asura.Otomis said: »
I am wondering why the BGwiki chart does not show Dnc Master Lv traits?

Probably because nobody added it. But since you have such a good eye, thanks for taking the time to update the wiki accordingly :)
By FaeQueenCory 2022-04-11 18:19:54  
Asura.Otomis said: »
I would like to believe +13% "Subtle Blow Effect" is the same as Subtle Blow itself; netting a total 33% Subtle Blow before gear or auspice?
This is correct. The Gifts give enhancements that are additive to Job Traits, essentially serving as boosts to those JT that would normally happen if you gained levels.
[+]
By Hopalong 2022-04-16 19:49:19  
I'd say a good fit for Empyrean gears would be full on super glass cannon dd set. Low defensive stats to give more stats to offense.

Otherwise, hard decision to invalidate Ody gears.
By SimonSes 2022-04-17 01:04:51  
I think empy will be just super connected to job abilities. So with ability up it will be bis and without it will be just good. Kinda like monk's body, which is OP only with Impetus.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-04-17 16:21:38  
SimonSes said: »
I think empy will be just super connected to job abilities. So with ability up it will be bis and without it will be just good. Kinda like monk's body, which is OP only with Impetus.
With just 1 piece (?) out of 110 behaving like that, what makes you think this will be their game design direction for Empyrean reforges?

I mean... not that I would mind, not at all! Was just tryin to understand if this is just a dream of yours or if there's something practical that make you picture that scenario in particular.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-04-17 22:01:16  
They've done a pretty decent job of generally making the AF/Relic +3 pieces useful for the same types of situation the pre-ilevel pieces were good for back in the old days. With that in mind, I could see a lot of Empy +3 pieces being regularly used for more than just JA swaps, because that was the case back in the original Abyssea era. Like, most of the Charis +2 set was pretty useful back when it was new.

Head: I could obviously still see the head being a good WS piece (since it's already great at 119 +1). Perhaps this is where a WSD+10% stat gets added?

Body: Charis +2 was a very nice TP piece back in the day, but that was due to the Dual Wield. But I could see them reworking Maculele +3 to also make it appealing for TP, and pairing that with defensive stats that are more in line with something like a Gleti's body. Original had Subtle Blow, perhaps a SB+10 body with good DPS stats would fill a niche. Or maybe really make the Striking Flourish bonus super strong, to make these a stance-specific TP piece.

Hands: Always gonna be a nice Reverse Flourish macro piece, and IIRC the Charis +2 hands were solid for WS in their time. AF+3 hands already have WSD+10% though, so seeing that in this slot would be a bit disappointing. Maybe these remain just a JA macro piece...

Legs: Charis/Maculele+1 are kind of all over the place with their stats. Could go all in on BiS defensive stats here (somewhat sensible pairing with the Tactical Parry effect).

Feet: I'd like to kill off Relic feet, TBH. Closed Position requirement for them to be good is so obnoxious. Empy +3 has some potential to keep going on offensive stats to pair with the solid STP they've always had and make these a killer TP piece.

EDIT: Ooh, ooh... and stick Movement Speed +18% on one of the +3 legs or feet. About time for an ilevel movement speed piece for DNC.
By SimonSes 2022-04-18 02:09:59  
Asura.Sechs said: »
SimonSes said: »
With just 1 piece (?) out of 110 behaving like that, what makes you think this will be their game design direction for Empyrean reforges?

I mean... not that I would mind, not at all! Was just tryin to understand if this is just a dream of yours or if there's something practical that make you picture that scenario in particular.

There is much more empy pieces that has strong augments to job abilities. Even DNC set itself has two. Head giving unique massive crit damage and body forcing unique crits with Striking even on WS. If not augments,lots of empy+3 have strong bonuses to JA. So I think that is gonna be how they will balance it without making everything else useless (including fresh Odyssey sets). Strong augments or bonuses to JA and requirement to wear it during uptime seems like the way to go.
By pengwin 2022-05-04 11:28:07  
Outside of Escha: Climactic > Rudra > RF > Grand pas > Rudra > RF Rudra > Trance Rudra > RF Rudra > RF Rudra > engage, make tp > Climactic > Rudra > make TP > Rudra - 8 climactic Rudras

In Escha: Climactic > Rudra > RF > Grand pas > Rudra > RF Rudra > Trance Rudra > RF Rudra > RF Rudra > Revit > Climactic > RF Rudra > wing Rudra > wing Rudra - 9 Climactic Rudras without TPing (could go for 10 with TPing before Revit)

i was just reading this part and i really can't for the life of me remember what revit is lol
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2022-05-04 11:31:34  
pengwin said: »
i was just reading this part and i really can't for the life of me remember what revit is lol
Its super revitalizer
By Afania 2022-05-06 08:34:10  
Has anyone bring DNC to seg C farm? If yes what's the ideal playstyle?

I want to bring DNC to seg C for quite some time, but apparently dmg resistance isn't friendly to piercing ^^;

I've been thinking doing tank/puller role instead. So evasion set + mambo + fan dance and maybe /BLU for aoe hate? Any advice for that? :D
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2022-05-06 08:41:57  
I've tried it, and yeah damage wise your not very strong. I've done eva tanking on NIN so I would think DNC could do just fine, but it does always have that chance of all the mobs deciding to get lucky on accuracy at the exact same time. The mobs are still hitting you for quite a bit.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 33 34 35