First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2021-11-18 04:32:22  
SimonSes said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
But if you have to justify a DNC in a party based on its DPS capability alone, you're going to lose.

This is more complicated.
1. If you fight many targets, then yes.
2. If you fight one target and are attack capped, then yes.
3. If you fight one target and are attack uncapped, then DNC might lose DD vs DD dps, but will improve overall party dps, because of box steps alone.

Scenario 3. seems to be getting more common, because of Geomancy debuff being constantly nerfed by 75% in most new events.

It's all situational yeah. Even with 2.), DNC gets a huge bonus if it is able to SC regularly, but might not see full benefit in a zerg setting. (though... it depends on the other jobs...)

In general I agree, it's those Scenario 3s that really let the job shine these days. Those are also the scenarios where I happen to feel the most "ownership" of my character because of how much we can bring to the table when needed.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-18 04:38:54  
Aside from the Scenario 3 situations defined by Simon (with whom I completely agree) I'd dare to say that DNC if anything is an excellent choice for small groups who lack in some compartment.
You don't have a proper WHM healer and are relying on a SCH, on a RDM, on a /WHM or on a trust healer?
DNC as a DD can be awesome.

DNC is your ownly DD? You can benefit from very quick bursts of DPS that might end the fights very early with the additional damage from multistep SCs with no additional TP feed (just one DD)

You don't have 2000 buffers? DNC can give a substantial contribution with its steps.
So yeah, in situations like those I can se DNC being pretty nice for very small groups who don't have the "perfect" job setups.

Going back to the initial question though, I wouldn't say DNC is a particularly sought after job for current end-game content and neither is for Segment farming. What hurts DNC the most for that is probably the lack of access to Naegling, but I could be wrong eh
This doesn't mean that DNC isn't viable there, it perfectly is, like pretty much any job to be fair.
It's just that it surely won't be a "sought after" job.
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 04:48:29  
I should also probably add, that with recent gear upgrades, if you can cap attack with PDL from Gleti's then Terpsi setup is actually very close to TOP geared DD jobs. There is no 15-20% gap anymore. Terpsi Saber Dance DNC and Caladbolg DRK has almost the same sheet DPS for example (not using Absorb VIT or Climactic). It also has very good survivability (Its Malignance TP version and Gleti's WS) and very high base accuracy (which is not that obvious for other TOP dd jobs outside of DRG, who on the other hand usually lacks survivability in TP set, unless you sacrifice Nyame B and make some Nyame A for DRG tp sets).
 Asura.Shaedhen
user: Shadowwww
By Asura.Shaedhen 2021-11-18 05:01:49  
As someone who was able to use DNC a lot more frequently the last couple of months (mainly because of Odyssey and the restrictions of doing 3 fights with all different jobs), I think it has great potential, but it's not always easy to show it, and for people to see it.

As it was said above, DNC requires really good gear to be fully functional, mostly because if you're not DT capped you're pretty frail and might die quickly (learned that the hard way on Xevioso, even with DT lol), but at the same time you still need a very good tp build to be able to use all your JA and still WS and so on.

Also, it's sometimes hard to say exactly what DNC should do. DPS/Support/Heal ? It's a great job to compensate something lacking in the pt, but people tends to optimize the pt setup beforehand so, except some very specific situations, they won't ask for a DNC. Except for Odyssey where its versatility comes in handy.

All I can say is that it can be a very good DD (and crazy powerful when combining both 1h for a short zerg), and a pretty useful support job, and a GREAT healer when it needs to. Actually, it's quite impressive how powerful dnc healing capacity is. What's even more impressive is that it's all instant-cast. Thing is, of course, dnc has no raise available, so it will never be a first choice as a healer.

I think one thing that doesn't do any good to us is the fact that both our stances comes with an extra downside (no samba for Fan dance - yet the first thing ppl ask of a dnc is haste samba, and no waltz for Saber Dance - yet being able to toss a waltz once in a while to support the healer is one of our big pros). With the game as it currently is, I don't think these downsides are justified anymore to be honest. Like Dabackpack said, DNC shines mostly when ***t happens, but the restrictions on stances makes it harder for it to be fully effective at anytime.

So I believe DNC can be really great, but is probably not a must-have in most situations. I can understand why, but imo it would probably deserves more exposure. And maybe a couple extra changes to make it more attractive to others aswell.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-11-18 08:02:56  
These have been great responses. Very informative. Thank you all very much.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rudra
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-18 10:25:48  
Dnc is full of penaltys, if you want acc/dt/hp you have to give up good tp gain or decent weapons slot, if you want to tank you have to give up on dmg output and hastesamba, if you want to full dd you have to give up the possibility of self/support healing. The lack of hp pool and meva make it very fragile and sometimes hard to keep up with waltz delay, tp cost and tp gain when soloing. Not considering all the ja delays that make you weak and slow everytime you want to waltz especially, ive been killed a few times in waltz set cause the wdmg i was taking in that set was x2 and mobs are hitting to fast now.
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 11:45:39  
Carbuncle.Yiazmaat said: »
Dnc is full of penaltys, if you want acc/dt/hp you have to give up good tp gain or decent weapons slot, if you want to tank you have to give up on dmg output and hastesamba, if you want to full dd you have to give up the possibility of self/support healing. The lack of hp pool and meva make it very fragile and sometimes hard to keep up with waltz delay, tp cost and tp gain when soloing. Not considering all the ja delays that make you weak and slow everytime you want to waltz especially, ive been killed a few times in waltz set cause the wdmg i was taking in that set was x2 and mobs are hitting to fast now.

Lol I feel like you are talking about different job?

DNC has super high natural accuracy. The only situation where you can say you can be low would be centovente offhand, and even then it sometimes higher than some DD jobs in their regular sets with their A weapons. You dont need to sacrifice anything too. You have one of the best hybrid TP set in game (Malignance) and Rudra set is mostly Nyame which is super high survivability as well and PK/Evis is mostly Gleti's, which is less meva, but still high pdt/eva and highest MDB in game. You should work on your Waltz set if you feel you taking too much damage. You can easily use 3 or 4 Nyame pieces now in Waltz set.

Also if you really need survivability, you have Fan Dance, which let you break 50%PDT cap and reach at worst 60% and if you really want DPS, you have saber dance, which provides at worst 20% double attack.

Also second highest evasion in game (stacks great with Malignance and Nyame), very high natural Subtle Blow and highest natural Skillchain Bonus. Seriously I don't know where are you coming from with your post.

DNC has also natural DW, so its not forced to any sub job for optimal DPS, so its very flexible here and you can choose survivability or dps from your SJ.

DNC has disadvantages, but not the ones you wrote XD
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-18 12:28:45  
It's interesting that people have such varied takes on dancer. Well I guess it's my turn to chime in on the topic now.

Dancer is in the same boat as thief right now, but that's not a bad thing if you ask me. Dancer is capable of putting out extremely high damage that rivals any of the top DD jobs, but the gear threshold to do so is very high. Similarly to thief, gearing is a slow process and upgrading equipment doesn't provide dramatic increases in performance until you start nearing BiS in all slots, but when you do reach that point the performance shoots up dramatically. There is a much wider gap between a dancer using mid tier equipment and other dd jobs like warrior, sam or dark knight who are also using mid tier equipment, then there is between those jobs when everyone starts using the best equipment available. That does sort of necessitate owning twashtar or terpsichore, and I wouldn't recommend a new player choose dancer as their first job to gear up, but the fact remains that the job is still very capable in the right hands.

I would also argue that the community is more than aware of dancer's capabilities. There will always be some ignorant people, but I've had more than a few people comment on how strong dancer's support abilities are when I've grouped with them before. A bigger issue is that the one of the most popular events right now is segment farming, and dancer can't equip nageling so it's at a disadvantage there. Also due to the mechanics of the Tier 3 Nms it's only really suited to fighting xevioso (although in that fight it's absolutely brilliant). But there is a lot of content where dancer is a good party addition, and right now it's actually in a pretty good place.
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-11-18 12:59:43  
I'm very intrigued now. Another question (potentially a debate) I have an r15 twashtar from my thf and all the off hands you would use.

Is terpsichore a necessity? DPS/Utility/Etc.

As always, thank you!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-11-18 13:21:43  
Asura.Skyekitty said: »
Is terpsichore a necessity? DPS/Utility/Etc.
No, it's cool because it's unique (feels a bit less unique since the Presto change, but still cool) and all that stuff but it's not the highest DPS weapon for DNC.
...well, truth be said it can be, in the scenario Simon described. That is: you have so much attack buff that you're so much above cap that you can fully benefit from all the PDL you can find on Gleti.
I think in that scenario Terpsi becomes the best again?

In all other scenarios the BiS DPS combination is Twash MH with Centovente OH.
Second best combination is probably still Twash MH with something else OH, uuuh, Gleti's? Ternion+1?

So in other terms: you're in a very good situation with Twash MH. Terpsi is a cool toy to play with that adds a bit of uniqueness to the job but I wouldn't dare to say it's "required" or by far miles ahead of any other option 'cause it's not.
Just my two cents of course, I'll openly admit I'm a bit rusty on DNC.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-11-18 13:24:33  
Quote:
Is terpsichore a necessity?

No, Twashtar is actually better than Terpsichore in most situations. If you already have twashtar then by all mean use that. I built terpsicore and I kind of regret it. It's a fun toy to play with, but for all intents and purposes it was an unnecessary investment. Twashtar/gleti's knife will get you by for anything that terpsichore would do, and unless you can really push your attack to the point you can utilize the PDL from multiple pieces of gleti's you're actually going to do more damage with twashter.

Speaking of attack, that's actually another one of dancer's weaknesses. Much like thief, dancer has extremely high accuracy but pitiful attack. I've got 15 mastery levels on my dancer now and my accuracy in my malignance build is closing in on 1500.... and that's unbuffed. My attack is only hovering somewhere around 1200 though. My "squishy" dps build has closer to 1350 accuracy and 1400 attack. It takes a dedicated effort and a lot of attack buffs to cap out on stuff, so you're actually more likely to hit that cap on nms rather than trash pulls. Xevioso is a good example where you're likely to end up stacking box step, bard songs, cor rolls, and throw in geo bubbles and dia debuffs. But if you're farming dynamis trash pulls those mobs aren't getting all the debuffs (they die too fast), and when I farmed my mastery ranks our setup was solid but not perfect (omg people want to rank jobs that aren't bard cor and geo???) so yeah... twashter just does more damage in those situations.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-11-18 16:18:22  
It's worth to note that low att in tp set is mostly because Malignance doesn't provide any, but also attack in TP set is not that important for DNC. It has some natural Crit Damage that would support White Damage, but even with capped attack with Malignance (so taking advantage of PDL on it) Twashtar/Cento white damage DPS is only around 1100, which is really low. Most of the damage comes from WS and WS sets has much more attack. Most common Rudra set has +269 attack in 5 main slots and capped attack PK set has 240~300.

It's also worth noting, that while DNC doesn't have much base attack, it also has base pdif cap pretty low, compered to some other DDs, so even with +43%PDL cap is at 4.9335
DRK has higher cap on Scythe with just 10%PDL and Stardiver DRG has even more PDL (+48%) and higher base cap, so it's overall cap is almost at 6.0
 Asura.Skyekitty
By Asura.Skyekitty 2021-11-18 16:18:41  
Thank you all!
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-11-18 17:47:19  
Asura.Skyekitty said: »
Can I ask a very naive question? I have no experience with dancer outside of a sub job, but it has always interested me.

Is it a desired/end game job or is it something that is a personal interest job?

Do they get included in content or is it a, "my linkshell lets me take my dnc to..." situation?

Thank you.

I know you have received a lot of good responses already, but I'm just going to approach it from a different angle.

It is my personal opinion that, because of how the FFXI Meta works, the less optimal your party/group/setup, the MORE optimal a Dancer becomes. FFXI community has always struggled with jobs they can't pigeon hole. The more a job does, the less the community can quantify their total value to the party as a whole.

So the more optimal your linkshell/party/group the less valuable Dancer becomes to that group. Dancer's flexibility and hybrid nature, has decreasing benefits, when your party needs less and less flexibility. The 'perfect' setups have designated DDs, buffers, tank, and healer. So if you're a job that can DD, Tank, Heal, AND buff... how do you fit in when the 'optimal' group renders 75% of your contribution as already covered?

On the other hand, for groups that are NOT optimized...
If your healer isn't elite, then the Dancers occasion Waltz can save an entire run. If you can't find the perfect double support, but another DD isn't really going to help, Dancer perfectly slides in with equal damage, and haste samba+box step. If your tank goes down, a Dancer can hold the mob. If your healer goes down, a Dancer can keep the party alive.

More often than not, I feel like the more people I add to my party, the less efficient I become as a whole. I believe Dancer is one of the best solo-jobs in the game. Blue, Rdm, Dnc. Pet jobs deserve a mention, but I digress. This is reinforced by our Skill Chain focus. If Dancer can reliably repeat their SC, their Damage gets multiplied beyond what an average DD would add, by interrupting the SC with their own WS.

Dancer is perfect if you have casual friends, or you enjoy low manning things. For me and my playstyle at this point in the game, I have friends I casually play with and if there's ever something they struggle with, I can almost always carry them/us with Dancer. We rarely have 6 people, we never have the perfect jobs, they are returning players who are still catching up, and we play the jobs we like. We fail things, adjust, and re-try. It's far more the FFXI I enjoy and reminds me of 75 cap, where when you screwed up, it cost you.

I have a 2nd group, that includes the cream of the crop. When I play with them, they rarely ever need a Dnc, and I have purpose built jobs to fulfill the efficiency they run at. It's very effective (and profitable) but I genuinely enjoy the struggle more than the cake walk events. When I play with this group, it's just a DPS check with a time limit. When I play with rag tag groups, we have to work together, it's a legitimate challenge, and when we fail, we laugh.

So, I would say Dancer is extremely dependent on how you intend to play it. What purpose it will fill for you, the groups you play with most often, and what you want to get out of it.

I enjoy solo'ing things. I play 90% of the game with 5 trusts, trying to solo ***I probably shouldn't/can't. I like to join pick up groups and offer to fill any role they need, as long as I can play Dancer. Tank, DD, Main Heal, or other. You absolutely WILL get told Dancer can't do those things, even on Asura.

The issue with Dancer, is not the job, it's the community, or human nature. People would rather shout for an hour to get the perfect group for a single run, than to take a sub optimal group and get 5 runs done in that same hour. I'm the exact opposite, I hate standing around and waiting, I'd rather take the ugliest party and just figure it out, than to stand in town waiting for a Geo and Brd and Cor and Run.

Last thing, is to reiterate what others have said, DNC is a gear intensive job. To be good at 4 things, you need 4 times the gear sets. That's the real reason Dancers are looked down upon, because the delta between an average Dnc and a career Dnc is among the largest in the game.

Best of luck.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-21 08:23:38  
On the rudra dream att cap set, what path is supposed to be taken on lustratio cap/feet ?
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 08:50:49  
On the rudra dream att cap set, what path is supposed to be taken on lustratio cap/feet ?

D, but tbh I don't recommend that at all. It's 1.2% gain over Nyame, but you lose so much survivability and skillchain damage..
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-21 08:56:37  
Hmmm im glad i only made nq then lol. Using the crep peeble only for att cap is worth it then ?
By SimonSes 2021-11-21 09:42:53  
Hmmm im glad i only made nq then lol. Using the crep peeble only for att cap is worth it then ?

It is, it adds like 1%dmg and has no cons.
 Carbuncle.Yiazmaat
By Carbuncle.Yiazmaat 2021-11-21 10:16:14  
Allright thanks. I also use the gleti body, but its R0 atm so i think i can rep him with nyame on w3
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-12-04 21:24:33  
For aeonic is TP dagger the second best off hand? I think having 1750 extra tp would be awesome.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2021-12-10 17:20:33  
The update has moved and broken the refine Waltz Script.
Previously it was in the Mote-Include file, now it is in the Mote-Utility file. However, they reverted it back to the busted, outdated, and wrong Waltz IDs, so it doesn't work.

I re-wrote this script, idk, a year ago at this point to correct this issue.

For anyone who understands or cares, and wonders why they're dying when the game keeps telling you your ***is on cooldown, rather than updating to the next best Waltz, here's the fix:

As of now, it currently begins on line 136-144 of the Mote-Utility file. Find it, replace it, (Starts line 136 and ends line 263) adjust as you desire for your priorities and potencies. The adjustment should start on the same line, but will now end on line 321
Code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Utility functions for changing spells and target types in an automatic manner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

local waltz_tp_cost = {['Curing Waltz'] = 200, ['Curing Waltz II'] = 350, ['Curing Waltz III'] = 500, ['Curing Waltz IV'] = 650, ['Curing Waltz V'] = 800}

-- Utility function for automatically adjusting the waltz spell being used to match HP needs and TP limits.
-- Handle spell changes before attempting any precast stuff.
function refine_waltz(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type ~= 'Waltz' then
        return
    end

-- Don't modify anything for Healing Waltz or Divine Waltz
    if spell.english == "Healing Waltz" or spell.english == "Divine Waltz" then
        return      
    end

local abil_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts()
    local spell_recasts = windower.ffxi.get_spell_recasts()
    local newWaltz = spell.english
    local missingHP
    local waltzID

if spell.english == "Divine Waltz II" then
        if spell.english == "Divine Waltz II" and abil_recasts[190] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then
            newWaltz = 'Divine Waltz II'
            waltzID = 190              
        elseif abil_recasts[225] < 1 and player.tp > 400 then
            add_to_chat(122,'Downgrading to Divine Waltz')
            newWaltz = 'Divine Waltz'
            waltzID = 225
        else
            add_to_chat(122,'Insufficient TP or Timers')
            eventArgs.cancel = true
            return  
        end
    -- If curing ourself, get our exact missing HP
    elseif spell.target.type == "SELF" then
        missingHP = player.max_hp - player.hp
    -- If curing someone in our alliance, we can estimate their missing HP
    elseif spell.target.isallymember then
        local target = find_player_in_alliance(spell.target.name)
        local est_max_hp = target.hp / (target.hpp/100)
        missingHP = math.floor(est_max_hp - target.hp)      
    end

-- If we have an estimated missing HP value, we can adjust the preferred tier used.
-- Current Self Waltz Values 8/04/2019
    -- Waltz 1 = 383
    -- Waltz 2 = 719
    -- Waltz 3 = 1168
    -- Waltz 4 = 1683
    -- Waltz 5 = 2157
-- Ability Recast IDs as of 6/20/2021
    -- Waltz 1 = 217
    -- Waltz 2 = 186
    -- Waltz 3 = 187
    -- Waltz 4 = 188
    -- Waltz 5 = 189
    -- Divine 2 = 190
    -- Divine 1 = 225

if missingHP ~= nil then
        if player.main_job == 'DNC' then
            if missingHP < 100 and spell.target.name == player.name then
                -- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
                -- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
                add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
                eventArgs.cancel = true
                return  
            elseif missingHP < 500 then
                if abil_recasts[217] < 1 and player.tp > 200 then 
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz'
                    waltzID = 217
                elseif abil_recasts[186] < 1 and player.tp > 350 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz II'
                    waltzID = 186           
                elseif abil_recasts[187] < 1 and player.tp > 500 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz III'
                    waltzID = 187
                elseif abil_recasts[188] < 1 and player.tp > 650 then
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz IV'
                    waltzID = 188
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1000 then                
                if abil_recasts[186] < 1 and player.tp > 350 then
                    waltzID = 186
                elseif abil_recasts[217] < 1 and player.tp > 200 then 
                    waltzID = 217                   
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 188
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1400 then
                if abil_recasts[187] < 1 and player.tp > 500 then
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186                   
                    waltzID = 188
                elseif abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    newWaltz = 'Curing Waltz V'
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            elseif missingHP < 1900 then
                if abil_recasts[188] < 1 and player.tp > 650 then
                    waltzID = 188
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186                   
                elseif abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            else
                if abil_recasts[189] < 1 and player.tp > 800 then 
                    waltzID = 189
                    waltzID = 188
                    waltzID = 187
                    waltzID = 186
                    waltzID = 217
                end 
            end
        elseif player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
            if missingHP < 40 and spell.target.name == player.name then
                -- Not worth curing yourself for so little.
                -- Don't block when curing others to allow for waking them up.
                add_to_chat(122,'Full HP!')
                eventArgs.cancel = true
                return
            elseif missingHP < 150 then
                waltzID = 217
            elseif missingHP < 300 then
                waltzID = 186
            else
                waltzID = 187
            end
        else
            -- Not dnc main or sub; bail out
            return
        end
    end

local tpCost = waltz_tp_cost[newWaltz]

if newWaltz ~= spell.english then
        send_command('@input /ja "'..newWaltz..'" '..tostring(spell.target.raw))
        eventArgs.cancel = true
        return
    end

if missingHP and missingHP > 0 then
        add_to_chat(122,'Trying to cure '..tostring(missingHP)..' HP using '..newWaltz..'.')
    end
end

For those Dancers unfamiliar with refine Waltz...
In the most basic way, you have a single cure(waltz) macro in game. When you use your macro, gearswap will automatically calculate your current TP, your current cooldown times, and your current missing hp, to modify the appropriate Waltz.

E.G. If I'm missing 500 HP, I hit "waltz 1" the game will say, you're a dummy, you need a waltz 2! and execute Waltz 2.

If you try to waltz 3, but have only 200 tp, the game will say, you dont have that much TP, here I'll give you a Waltz 2, because that's all you can afford!

If you're HP is full, it won't let you cure yourself, because that's a waste of TP. It WILL let you cure others at full hp, because it's coded to understand people are slept, but you can't unsleep yourself.

If anyone wants further breakdown or explanation I can give it, but that's the long and short of it. I only have a single macro for Waltz in game. The script handles everything else, based on tp, missing hp, and my timers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For people smarter than me, if there's a proper way to put this into my personal lua, so that it overwrites the Mote Libs, no matter what they update, I'd appreciate not having to worry about their updates breaking my ***.
[+]
 Asura.Xelnok
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2022-01-01 21:17:13  
I just came back to the game after a few years and I'm wanting to continue to gear up DNC (I made a Twashtar back in 2018 before I quit and never really used it). I am wondering what would be a good dagger setup for mostly low man stuff/battlefields and an occasional E/N/D ambuscade?

I see you can augment the remas now, but I haven't ever done any dynamis and I don't know if I'll ever do any alliance content, so I'm not sure if it will ever get to R15. Would R0 Twashtar/Tauret be a good combo for stuff like ambuscade, and would Twashtar/Centovente be worth it for older battlefields, soloing omen/stuff like that?
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-01-05 00:59:07  
Hello, do i have to lock "Maculele Tiara +1" or use it on precast abilty and WS if the buff is up?
By SimonSes 2022-01-05 01:41:59  
Asura.Jinbe said: »
Hello, do i have to lock "Maculele Tiara +1" or use it on precast abilty and WS if the buff is up?

You need to have it during hit.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-01-05 02:09:19  

been told i lose the damage +25%. if i take it off and re-equip it.
thanks Simon
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2022-01-08 19:47:29  
Asura.Xelnok said: »
I just came back to the game after a few years and I'm wanting to continue to gear up DNC (I made a Twashtar back in 2018 before I quit and never really used it). I am wondering what would be a good dagger setup for mostly low man stuff/battlefields and an occasional E/N/D ambuscade?

I see you can augment the remas now, but I haven't ever done any dynamis and I don't know if I'll ever do any alliance content, so I'm not sure if it will ever get to R15. Would R0 Twashtar/Tauret be a good combo for stuff like ambuscade, and would Twashtar/Centovente be worth it for older battlefields, soloing omen/stuff like that?

Gleti Dagger is probably the easiest and best. Tauret is fine if you already have it. Few other options, but I think Gleti is your best bet even at R0, not only for optimization, but also ease of obtainment. One of the first things you'll do as a returning player is unlock Shaol C, and start farming segments anyways.
 Asura.Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2022-01-09 23:53:23  

been told i lose the damage +25%. if i take it off and re-equip it.
thanks Simon

I can't tell for sure, but just to be safe...
It appears there may have been a misinterpretation here?

As Simon said, you have to equip Maculele for the +25% damage. You can take it on and off as you wish, but you will only receive the %Dmg on the actions that occur with the gear piece actively equipped on your character.

So, if you only use it for WS for some reason, then so be it, but it has to be in your WS set (or buff overwrite) to get the effect.
Code
	state.Buff['Climactic Flourish'] = buffactive['climactic flourish'] or false

sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'] = {head="Maculele Tiara +1",body="Meg. Cuirie +2"}

Then you want you lua to have something along these lines:
Code
function job_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spellMap == 'Utsusemi' then
        if buffactive['Copy Image (3)'] or buffactive['Copy Image (4+)'] then
            cancel_spell()
            add_to_chat(123, '**!! '..spell.english..' Canceled: [3+ IMAGES] !!**')
            eventArgs.handled = true
            return
        elseif buffactive['Copy Image'] or buffactive['Copy Image (2)'] then
            send_command('cancel 66; cancel 444; cancel Copy Image; cancel Copy Image (2)')
        end
    end

-- Used to overwrite Moonshade Earring if TP is more than 2750.
    if spell.type == 'WeaponSkill' then
        if player.tp > 2750 then
        equip({left_ear = "Telos Earring"}) --odr
        end
-- Used to optimize Rudra's Storm when Climactic Flourish is active.
        if spell.english == "Rudra's Storm" and buffactive['Climactic Flourish'] then
			equip({head="Maculele Tiara +1",body="Meghanada Cuirie +2",ammo="Charis Feather"})
        end

if state.Buff['Climactic Flourish'] then
            equip(sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'])
        end
    end
end

function job_post_precast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.type == "WeaponSkill" then		
           equip(sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'])
        end
    end	
end

function job_buff_change(buff,gain)
    if buff == 'Saber Dance' or buff == 'Climactic Flourish' or buff == 'Fan Dance' then
        handle_equipping_gear(player.status)
    end	
end

function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
		meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.buff['Climactic Flourish'])
    end
end
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2022-01-10 05:42:33  
yea only using it for WS and the lua equiping the head for WS as long as i have the buff up
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 33 34 35