Game Of The Year.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Game of the Year.
Game of the Year.
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 10:02:15  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPp9_ye5Fhc

Edited by Alyria, to add video so it is easier for others.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 10:47:26  
Looks interesting...
But I'm more pumped for Modern Warfare 2.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-13 10:50:21  
In terms of action/adventure? Yeah. Uncharted takes it, with Batman being behind it. But in terms of versitile game of the year? Modern Warfare is grabbing it due to it's popularity, demand, single player, and untouchable multiplayer customization. MAG would be up there too, but the real game is 2010...playing the BETA of it, and it's insanely good. No lag for 256 people, weapon accuracy, realism and decent controls.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 10:52:22  
Multiplayer is basically the way to go nowadays in video games. This looks like a sweet *** single player, even though I (as well as many of my friends) have even never heard of Uncharted, lol, let alone Uncharted 2.
 Shiva.Killquick
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Killquick 2009-10-13 11:01:30  
Fallout 3 already came out.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 11:03:54  
I think that Fallout Fad is over, I seldomly see people playing it anymore. Everyone is waiting for Modern Warfare 2. Halo ODST was already a let-down. >.>;
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 11:19:42  
Haseyo said:
Looks interesting...
But I'm more pumped for Modern Warfare 2.

Yeah but MW2 is completely based on online gameplay. That in itself limits it. A versatile game is one that you can play and enjoy single player as well. Story rarely seems to matter anymore. I'll tell you something. I love single-player games and am very relieved to see this game as well as having played Batman: AA when it came ou.t
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 11:26:20  
Story is pretty obsolete now. Most people just button mash through any text garbage anyway, or skip CSs just to hop back into the game again. It's all about gameplay, which this game seems to have. The only single player games I generally enjoy are RPGs like Final Fantasy or GTAs since I can free-roam. The fact that the reviewers said the game is pretty much linear makes me a sad panda.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 11:34:26  
Yeah, but they also said you get the hollywood experience of a 100 million budget movie. I'm up for that and since I already played the first Uncharted I'm pretty much psyched to see this.

I have to disagree on you saying story is obsolete now. The only thing that made Batman: AA a success was it's originality. Good setting, good voice actors, very good plot.. These things all contributed to its success.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-13 11:34:38  
Actually, Modern Warfare 1 has a surprisingly good story for a FPS. As well as a great single player campaign that was appreciated for giving everyone an idea of the world beyond their city. Maybe it was just as a military man I loved how real it felt (well, not getting shot and healing of course) of being able to call in a chopper for support and having said person communicate with you. And how your team would fit right into the moment. (The moment that came to mind was Gaz screaming "GET OFF OF THE MINIGUN, NOW!")

To be frank, while games tend to spirit you away in single player stories of the unrealistic (see...FF), Modern Warfare brought you up to speed on a scary world we live in with heavy weaponry that is full of scary people both with and against you. It was not as deep as Uncharted interms of sparking the creativity, but realism doesn't need to do it. You can't say you didn't feel some kind of bad at the end of Modern Warfare. D:

Single player is still something to look at when deciding a great game...but this gen really is about online. :x
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 11:37:54  
It REALLY is not. Look at the greatest games of the past years. Yes, CoD, but also Fallout, Oblivion, Uncharted, Batman... etc etc. And sure, I know more and more online possibilities are added. Like DLCs and such, but I still don't think this gen is all about the online.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 11:38:27  
Bio Shock 2 will rock your socks!
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-10-13 11:41:08  
Bioshock 2 was pushed back to 2010. :x Sorry Lil.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-13 11:41:57  
Haseyo said:
Multiplayer is basically the way to go nowadays in video games. This looks like a sweet *** single player, even though I (as well as many of my friends) have even never heard of Uncharted, lol, let alone Uncharted 2.

I guess you don't have a PS3, right? I can't see any PS3 owner not knowing about Uncharted, but if you don't have one, I guess you'd have no reason to look it up, lol.

Anyway, I can definitely see it being a candidate(along with Batman) for action game of the year, if not overall GOTY. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I much prefer a story-based game to multiplayer stuff. I bought both CoD: MW and WaW, and I really wanted to like them, but I just couldn't get into it. On the other hand, I couldn't put down Fallout 3 until I had done damn near everything in it.

Not that I'm against multiplayer or anything..I loved going through Resident Evil 5 in co-op mode with my friend, but I guess that had just as much to do with the story as it did with the multiplayer. I mostly play to be immersed in the game's world, and having some 14 year old punk screaming in my ear during a deathmatch in which the result has no actual consequences doesn't really do it for me. But that's just me, to each their own.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 11:42:39  
Fail! I can't keep up with the games anymore D:

CoD ftw then!
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 11:44:17  
I have a Ps3, but I only got it for future Final Fantasies and BlueRay. c.c;
And of course there will be people that prefer single over multiplayer, but it's painfully obvious that the majority of players would rather own each others' faces one way or another than single player.
The whole 10-year-old-screaming thing is so outdated. I play online games often and that kid only comes around every 1~2 hours, not like you cannot easily mute the ***. :P
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-13 11:50:49  
Haseyo said:
not like you cannot easily mute the ***. :P

True enough. But like I also said, I find it tough to get into something when nothing you do really has an impact. Each deathmatch starts and ends the same way, the in-game world never really changes to reflect what happens. That's what gets me into the story, and I guess it's the biggest reason I like single player/co-op story modes.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 11:51:23  
This isn't meant as an insult but it honestly surprises me to no ends that as a PS3 owner you've never heard about the uncharted games. If you like anything else than RPGs(You seem to have played GTA) I suggest you pick up the first game and start playing it. It's one of the better PS3 experiences out there.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 11:54:27  
Can you upgrade stuff? Like abilties or something? lol I just hate linear gameplay where you don't upgrade anything, except shooters since shooting stuff never gets old. Mwuahahahha.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 12:00:15  
Lol... he's not a superhero. You can't upgrade his jumping ability so he can cross mountains.

Hahaha.

Hmm, maybe indeed, it's not a game for you.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 12:01:49  
Even small stuff like "Regenerates stamina faster" or something. D:
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 12:02:54  
See that's what made Crack Down so fun was shooting people to get upgrades to abilities.

God that game has no replay value.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 12:05:48  
Crackdown was a $60 beta for Halo 3. Don't lie, lol. I got one of the rare "Friends and Family" Beta invites, so I actually got the game to play it. It was fun, but stupid easy.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 12:06:23  
Oh, yeah, but Uncharted 2 also has multiplayer mode, which you could see in the video.

And no, it does not get any of those abilities, but yeah I guess you appreciate abilities and upgrades more than story and setting. It happens, cause when playing ffxi I'm constantly annoyed at the lack of voice actors.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 12:10:25  
A good story is nice, but it's far from a reason why I'd buy a video game. It's hard to get into a game if I'm not having fun, but this goes both ways. I know some people that struggle to play a game if the story sucks (such as X-2; I loved the game. Story blew but the gameplay rocked, so I still replay it). I'd buy a movie if I wanted a story and no gameplay. :P
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 12:14:47  
Yeah, but uncharted is a 10+ hour long movie. ;P

And you decide how you play the movie.

Really, do you think all the reviews would give such high ratings to a game that's boring and linear?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-13 12:15:04  
WE ARE ODST!!! The only Halo game I'm actually looking forward to.

This game will be Game of the Year next year...

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-10-13 12:18:29  
Beelshamen said:
Yeah, but uncharted is a 10+ hour long movie. ;P

And you decide how you play the movie.

Really, do you think all the reviews would give such high ratings to a game that's boring and linear?

Only reviewer I trust about a game being good or not is me.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 12:19:37  
Man if it's all about the FMV's then why not paste them together and sell it as a movie?

That's why I hated CS's in Halos 2 and 3. More movies inbetween levels just made you feel like the game took longer than it really was. Fillers like that just need to go.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-13 12:23:02  
Lilbusta said:
Man if it's all about the FMV's then why not paste them together and sell it as a movie?

That's why I hated CS's in Halos 2 and 3. More movies inbetween levels just made you feel like the game took longer than it really was. Fillers like that just need to go.

"Black", that game focused on gun fire, dead bodies, more gun fire, more destructive buildings, less cut scenes.

yeah, everything either blew up or got riddled with bullets.
First Page 2 3