Game Of The Year.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Game of the Year.
Game of the Year.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-13 14:37:58  
I think possibly my favourite gaming moment was when you are in the Cathedral taking orders from the crazy artist, then you learn hes not on your side and it goes all silent, thn the classical music begins playing and splicers start swinging from the ceiling down the staircase at your face lol.

Pure brilliance.

Also like the bit at the start where you see the shadow of the woman with the pram >.>;
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 14:40:47  
Game is so twisted and evil...I'm gonna go play it when I get home.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-10-13 14:47:02  
It's kind of sad how many people think story in games is(or should be) a thing of the past.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 14:48:57  
Stories are not a bad thing, but making it the majority of the game is a bit excessive.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-13 15:04:24  
"Mr B, Mister B."

"Come on Mister Bubbles, the angels are waiting for us."

*Splicer screaming* "Get them away from my beautiful face!"
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-10-13 15:07:33  
Baelorn said:
It's kind of sad how many people think story in games is(or should be) a thing of the past.

User submitted image
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-10-13 15:09:52  
Beelshamen said:
Baelorn said:

User submitted image

thats just creepy man
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-10-13 15:11:14  
Kungfuhustle said:

thats just creepy man
 Phoenix.Baelorn
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-10-13 15:35:24  
Oh for anyone who hasn't played Uncharted 1, the demo is on PSN. Uncharted 2's demo is on there too but you have to look for it. Not sure why it isn't on the store's frontpage.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2009-10-13 16:26:05  
Baelorn said:

Yeh thats true, I guess it depends on the purpose of the game? I.e. adventures rpg's are largely judged on the story and how involved the player becomes with the journey, drawing you into the various scenarios and provoking some sort of emotional attachment to the game characters. I think its down to the monumental increase in the online market, don't know about you guys but after I had played a few fps, racers, rts online it just wasn't the same against the computer anymore, so unfortunately the storytelling element of a game seems doomed to die out with the success of trigger happy, plug in and play games like Halo, COD etc (saying that Halo had a fantastic storyline, however it is overlooked by the online capabilities).