users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2019 Version Update
May 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By Afania 2019-05-10 19:55:51  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »
Afania said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Oh wow, amnesia cured by esuna. They actually went with my idea for once. Nice one. Glad they recognized how annoying that ailment was

Pure DD pov and thanks for giving them idea to nerf whm lol. Only those who doesn't play non yagrush whm in serious content will think it's a good idea by any means and SE clearly doesn't play their game again.

1) the increase went from 30 sec to 2 min.
2) now single target.
3) mp cost went from 24 to 178.

Let's say, we are doing dynamis bastok and NM has aoe knockback/gravity move. Pre esuna nerf WHM can cast misery esuna as soon as they see red lines from NM. Esuna will land before knockback animation happens so all the DD that got knock back will got gravity erased before they move out of range, then they can run back and melee again. Even if that move did not get used you only waste 24mp anyways.

Post nerf this technique can no longer be used. You have to use yagrush or accession erase and even then I'm not sure erase(3 sec cast time) can be fired off faster than esuna(1 sec cast time) to be able to land before knockback animation start. There's a risk of wasting an accession charge if NM doesn't use that move too.

Next dyna bastok we'll see armies of DD yell for erase in pt chat when they are knocked back with gravity on, or pt can no longer fight NM in open area with no walls. It's a TAD slower to erase everybody when they are knocked back.

I personally don't see amnesia become removable worth the target/recast/mp nerf. There's only very few NM with amnesia, but I use pre nerf esuna way more often than that. Without it my na speed will decrease a ton. I wouldn't even bother bringing whm to dyna anymore, since I rely on it for aoe gravity/dia way too often and casting the spell 3 times to erase everything or having to use JA just isn't fast enough.

people still don't know you can negate gravity by locking on and running spirals rather than directly towards or away?

I was at work so I couldnt explain it properly in last post.
My point wasnt asking DD to bypass gravity with certain methods, gravity was just an example to illustrate the importance of casting speed. My point is that erase is a slower spell than esuna. What DD do doesnt matter in this discussion.

Esuna has 1 sec base cast time, with fc thatd be 0.2 sec casting time. Our avg reaction speed without bot/tool is probably 0.5 to 0.8 sec. That means any tp move with charge time of 1 sec or more, you can react by precast esuna on animation and have it land right after animation is over. If the tp move comes with draw in or knock back, you can erase everyone before knockback/drawn in interupt your casts. If you wait until knockback/drawn in finish then cast, then thats another 1 sec delay to erase everybody.

Its easier to explain it with a video:
YouTube Video Placeholder

Check 1:18 in the video, I casted esuna on animation and all the debuffs were erased before my character got drawn in and moved to a different position. If I cast after drawn in animation occur it will be MUCH slower than cast before drawn in.

Now that esuna is no longer aoe, this technique will be much harder to utilize on vanilla, even with yagursh.

Erase has 3 sec base cast time, at capped fc thats 0.6 casting time. Add 0.5 to 0.8 reaction time thats 1.4 sec total. The NM tp move will need to be longer than 1.4 sec to be able land spell before knockback/drawn in and thats WITH yagrush. Without yagrush you are completely screwed in fight like this.

How people think this nerf "amazing" is something I dont get. You have to be either:

1) use bot or react to completely bypass the reaction time required to cast on animation.

2) doesnt care about getting erased as soon as debuff lands.

If you are 1 or 2, then we are not on the same page, lol.

As a vanilla player without yagrush, this change is a huge nerf to me, I wouldnt trade it for 24 sec recast amnesia remove. Im a cor anyways, so fat chance is that whm will remove amnesia on a real DD, by the time its up again my amnesia is already off. Its not like Im getting any gain on a DD job either.

Worst nerf in past 10 years.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-05-10 20:06:19  
Aerix said: »

To be honest, while it would be very nice for SE to add new merit options for RDM, BLM, NIN, BRD and possibly SMN, it's very difficult to imagine them adding 2-4 new JA/JT-related alternatives for each job. They haven't exactly gone all out with some job adjustments so far, even though those jobs needed more.

I'd honestly be fine for RDM and BLM if they maintained the macc or potency bonuses from extra merits in those spells, but at least gave us a spell list from scrolls that included all the options. I'm not clamouring to use Blind II left and right, but nonetheless would like to have it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 23:27:28  
Does anyone have an answer on that easiest to grow objective?

I know that tree cuttings take no crystals, but they still take like 10 days. Does every gardening thing take over a week?

Porcelain(fastest pot?) + anything is still going to take half a month?
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-11 00:29:15  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Does anyone have an answer on that easiest to grow objective?

I know that tree cuttings take no crystals, but they still take like 10 days. Does every gardening thing take over a week?

Porcelain(fastest pot?) + anything is still going to take half a month?

Went to gardening section of ffxiclopedia. Seeds are much faster to grow, and only require to be fed a crystal once.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 00:32:45  
I looked around but couldn't find anything that said (number of days to grow)

I checked somepage! piko's pots (holy ***old school) http://ffxi.somepage.com/gardening/

Quote:
Basic Harvest Cycle

The shorter harvest cycles general go as follows:

Vegetable, grain, and herb seeds:

Day 1: Plant Seeds [Day ends at Japanese Midnight (8am PST)
Day 2: Growth Cycle 1
Day 3: Feed Cycle 1
Day 4: Flowering
Day 5: Harvest Day 1
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-11 01:31:41  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Aerix said: »

To be honest, while it would be very nice for SE to add new merit options for RDM, BLM, NIN, BRD and possibly SMN, it's very difficult to imagine them adding 2-4 new JA/JT-related alternatives for each job. They haven't exactly gone all out with some job adjustments so far, even though those jobs needed more.

I'd honestly be fine for RDM and BLM if they maintained the macc or potency bonuses from extra merits in those spells, but at least gave us a spell list from scrolls that included all the options. I'm not clamouring to use Blind II left and right, but nonetheless would like to have it.

It would be very easy, just replace each of the spell categories with an enhancement to that series of spells effects, duration of accuracy.
 Carbuncle.Rajang
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Rajang
By Carbuncle.Rajang 2019-05-11 03:00:36  
The campaigns for the month just started. You can get six DM augments now before JP midnight, which is in seven hours.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-11 03:05:08  
2 merits per kill, delicious pulse weapons

Should be able to get every ambu weapon done this campaign.

It went from "*** impossible" to "holy ***that's easy" with one little change.

BG doesn't have the requirements to unlock each category for glowies
Asura.Sechs said: »
Crystal Petrifact x99 + x198 ==> Voidwatch
Abdhaljs's Honor x12 + x24 ==> Legion
Simian Horn x12 + Daimonic Casings x12 ==> Meeble Burrows
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-11 07:38:54  

It does, on the Emporox page, you have to hover on the right column in the table. It's not the best format maybe, but the data is there.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2019-05-13 07:21:17  
Did anyone figure out what the monthly objective for the Mog Garden was? I tried seemingly everything, but I can't seem to clear the objective. :(
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-13 07:52:33  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Did anyone figure out what the monthly objective for the Mog Garden was? I tried seemingly everything, but I can't seem to clear the objective. :(

Think it's old school gardening in your mog house.
By fonewear 2019-05-13 08:20:26  

I was having same problem. I put a flower pot in mog house. I guess you don't have to do anything... I don't know...
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-13 08:53:36  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 11:07:42  

It is an amazing fix to potpourri, especially in conjunction with the current campaigns.
 Bismarck.Casnik
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Casnik
By Bismarck.Casnik 2019-05-13 12:43:29  

It is an amazing fix to potpourri, especially in conjunction with the current campaigns.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Emporox
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-05-13 12:59:55  
Sooo... guessing that petrifacts are the easiest/most mindless way to actually get a glowy weapon unlocked if using the goblin? The other options seem like kind of a pain
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-13 13:04:11  
I would argue legion but hey you do you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 13:05:20  
Ancient Beastcoins. Can get 70~ every hour, or just buy them if you don't have dozens stored.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-13 13:07:26  
Ancient Beastcoins. Can get 70~ every hour, or just buy them if you don't have dozens stored.

Sure but you can't unlock a pulse weapon from Limbus.
 Cerberus.Hokuten
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Hokuten85
By Cerberus.Hokuten 2019-05-13 13:53:32  
How exactly does Emporox work? Is it 25000 merits + Condition Items for each pulse weapon?
By eliroo 2019-05-13 13:54:10  
You have to trade him some items to unlock the ability to purchase those items with merits. the items listed above are what you need to buy a pulse weapon
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-13 13:59:38  
Cerberus.Hokuten said: »
How exactly does Emporox work? Is it 25000 merits + Condition Items for each pulse weapon?

Yeah, it's that simple. give em 36 Abdahljis honors then 25000 merits, get a pulse katana.

I'm on day 3 of the 5(6?) day grow cycle so I'll finally know if grow and harvest works or not.

And the HTB is Ifrit, not superman.
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-13 14:45:33  
Grain seeds should be the fastest to grow, fertilize 12hrs after you plant them with a fire crystal and in the next 12hrs you should be able to harvest taru rice.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-13 14:51:53  
Would've been nice to know 3 days ago lol

What is the least effort(fastest) item that can be grown. The only thing I remember is elemental ores / tree saplings taking a week+
By soralin 2019-05-13 15:23:13  
I wonder if this theoretically may cause pulse cells to drop in price.

This basically slightly increases the gil/hour for botters who farm 24/7 on stuff like 500+ dmg sparks or Job points or both.

Though it does have a moderately high barrier of entry to unlock. Maybe?

Has anyone confirmed yet if whats his face will convert Pulse Weapons into Pulse Cells if you dont have the kill title?

My gut says you may need the title first but who knows. There have been a few ways now to obtain VW pulse weapons without touching VW now. Mogbonanza, Potpurri, and now later can also get one for the monthly points...

If you dont need the title to trade in, then botters can also passively obtain a pulse cell every now and then.

Depending on what kind of exp rates we are talking on even shitty bots, that could be substantial.

And if that happens, pulse cells will flood the market and prices will go a fair bit down.

Im hoping this happens and Ambu weapons become a lot more accessible.

Edit: Assuming they on average earn even something garbage like 3 merits a minute, thats like a pulse cell every 5~6 days. Thats like an extra million gil a day easily.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-13 15:27:36  
There is no barrier to entry. Bot VW for a couple hours or enter legion and farm it once(buy honors).

30m for pulse weapons was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in the first place, it should drop them significantly, but never underestimate stupid... especially asuran stupid.

Goblins do not give cells, only whole weapons. Merits, won't directly lower the price of cells.

It took 2 days to get 25,000 merits. Fully expect to get all the important weapons I need before the campaign ends!
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-05-13 16:11:38  
It took 2 days to get 25,000 merits.
holy moly... that seems fast

what were you fighting?
 Asura.Meliorah
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-05-13 16:14:59  
Merits are fast with the campaign, I've gotten 7k doing aoe cp pts that tallied close to 5hrs spent killing.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-13 16:27:38  
The EXP method (via emporox's effect), along with heroism points just makes it easier for the average casual player to get a pulse weapon in a reasonable time, with a end goal in sight. You can also get them via gobbie boxes and in the NNI event (which has been popping up frequently), albeit rare. In a short time, the price of pulse cells will definitely drop, if they haven't already. The emporox effect + the cp campaign should all but guarantee that every single player has the chance to get a pulse weapon this month, if you're not lazy (theres a CP Campaign PLUS coming up soon, too). I can't imagine how/why people are still paying 30mil for a pulse weapon when there's too many ways to get them, and we're already 2 months in with them. Most people have the weapons they want already, so the pulse weapon craze died down a bit at this point.

It's a pretty opportune time to ease the acquisition methods for this anyways, especially with the free campaign going on. You don't want new/returning players being locked out of weapons due to some long-term unattainable goal, particiarly because that was the supposed reason for creating these weapons in the first place. SE is basically giving these weapons away if you're willing to work a short bit to get them (you're already gonna be doing CP spam if you're returning, most likely). The timing couldn't have been better on SE's part.

It's still faster to farm T3s if you can manage killing them in 1-2 minutes. You might average one pulse weapon every 100 pops or so. I was lucky and got 3 in about 150 pops. A stack of plutons is ~400k? You'll see at least one in 5 stacks, if you can stomach the monotony.
By soralin 2019-05-13 17:15:01  
There is no barrier to entry. Bot VW for a couple hours or enter legion and farm it once(buy honors).

30m for pulse weapons was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE in the first place, it should drop them significantly, but never underestimate stupid... especially asuran stupid.

Goblins do not give cells, only whole weapons. Merits, won't directly lower the price of cells.

It took 2 days to get 25,000 merits. Fully expect to get all the important weapons I need before the campaign ends!

Only VW pulse weapons would work, since only VW Pulse Weapons can be turned into Pulse Cells and sold for profit. The rest cannot be traded or sold in any manner.

You cant easily bot VW if you dont have stones built up.

Most bot mules dont have the stones built up.

But yeah I forgot you need to trade in all the stones too to unlock buying it.

So yeah, its not quite easy enough that you can just power level an alt to 99 and set them up on a bot (what these people do atm), so maybe they wont bother with all that extra effort for an extra 1~2 million gil per week.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7