New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » May 2019 Version Update
May 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 00:48:42  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Tarage said: »
I really wish you'd *** off. Honestly, just off yourself already. No one would miss you.

Please ban this person and anyone who “likes” that garbage. Nobody deserves to be talked to that way, I don’t care how much they annoy you on the internet.
Now I kind of want to like it just because...
[+]
 Odin.Magicsnake
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Magicsnake 2019-05-10 00:49:16  
I welcome it as well, they've made some decent changes. I just find that the updates are getting smaller as we go. Hoping for a big change soon, namely the empy+2. 'Cuz i'm sure most of us will be done monthly roe/aman trove after update before noon today, doesn't leave much to strive for.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 00:50:57  
clearlyamule said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
OMG I BROKE THEM LOL 3:04 AMBUSCADE CONGESTION COMMENT

*** YOU GUYS !

That's right ***. Chalk another fix up that I'm personally responsible for.
Don't worry. The test will determine there is no congestion problem with the expected load on any jp servers

Even if that's what happens. The fact that they're looking into it shows that you do have a voice. If you complain about things that deserve to be complained about they JUST MIGHT LISTEN.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
サーバ: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-05-10 00:50:58  

*** YOU GUYS !

Don't worry. The test will determine there is no congestion problem with the expected load on any jp servers

Not to mention the lack of 2000+ people in Mhaura trying to get into an Ambuscade run, you know, to simulate the conditions leading to said congestion.

I highly doubt there will be 2000+ people on a test server.
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 00:51:49  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »
damn emperox's ring is not auto-recharging and only 3 charges.
Makes sense really. Considering it's not a huge amount more than the buff he gives directly
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-05-10 00:52:24  
goodbye PlayOnline. goodbye Windower4. goodbye certain ad-ons.
Herro FFXI Updater. Hello Windower5 (or possibly 6).
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 00:52:52  
They're not going to "simulate" the congestion. They're going to test alternate zones to use for ambuscade or other ways/things to keep people out of the queues.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-05-10 00:53:20  
Sylph.Ticktick said: »
damn emperox's ring is not auto-recharging and only 3 charges.
Makes sense really. Considering it's not a huge amount more than the buff he gives directly

Besides, couldn't another one be obtained for 500 beads after you use up the 3 charges?
By Mrxi 2019-05-10 00:54:09  
Updating the installer wont break anything, just make it install faster is my guess.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-05-10 00:54:30  
They're not going to "simulate" the congestion. They're going to test alternate zones to use for ambuscade or other ways/things to keep people out of the queues.

To be frank, I didn't get that impression from them when I watched that segment of the video.
By clearlyamule 2019-05-10 00:54:47  

*** YOU GUYS !

Even if that's what happens. The fact that they're looking into it shows that you do have a voice. If you complain about things that deserve to be complained about they JUST MIGHT LISTEN.
Last I checked I have about 6 major bug reports that they either just have filed into we'll get to it without a word some dating a good 6 years back or some of them saying something that is clearly a bug is not. Sometimes without notification they move them from a pending to the finished section. There's also one that I submitted that didn't response but the jp side talked about and even posted a video where they blatantly erased posts on it and told the jps to never speak of it again and pretend the bug doesn't exist.

Basically you got lucky
 Leviathan.Joltz
サーバ: Leviathan
user: joltz18
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-05-10 00:54:57  
hmmm not sure how i feel about the Aff. Misery...yay esuna but...is it worth changing stances?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-05-10 00:55:07  
There's no certainty that they're going to do anything.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-05-10 00:57:13  

*** YOU GUYS !

OR

you can scare them into submission!
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 00:58:06  

*** YOU GUYS !

Last I checked I have about 6 major bug reports that they either just have filed into we'll get to it without a word some dating a good 6 years back or some of them saying something that is clearly a bug is not. Sometimes without notification they move them from a pending to the finished section. There's also one that I submitted that didn't response but the jp side talked about and even posted a video where they blatantly erased posts on it and told the jps to never speak of it again and pretend the bug doesn't exist.

Basically you got lucky

That's why I paid multiple people to use their voices too. One guy bitching is easy to ignore. Multiple it's not quite so easy. Even though the turn out was a little lackluster. If it worked, that's all that matters.

.....Now I can pay people to clog the queue up and force their "testing" to move faster.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-05-10 01:04:08  
Only if it's clogged with ASCII ***. Lots and lots of *** seems to be the key.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 01:05:00  
[+]
By Prong 2019-05-10 01:06:22  
Permanent Key Items

Tentacle touching ticket

This makes me nervous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-05-10 01:08:06  
Dem coffers
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 01:14:15  
Not really seeing why you would ever get the ring.

100 Beads for 72 hours.
500 Beads for 3 charges @ 24 Hours.
[+]
 Asura.Yso
By Asura.Yso 2019-05-10 01:14:36  
Leviathan.Joltz said: »
hmmm not sure how i feel about the Aff. Misery...yay esuna but...is it worth changing stances?

Have to change stance to remove amnesia, so, worth it?
[+]
By Mrxi 2019-05-10 01:21:32  
Worth it unless really need the cure skin
By Aerix 2019-05-10 01:22:21  
Not really seeing why you would ever get the ring.

100 Beads for 72 hours.
500 Beads for 3 charges @ 24 Hours.

You underestimate the laziness of people who don't want to teleport to Reisenjima just to refresh their buff.

As far as Esuna change is concerned: could be amazing if it works with Yagrush to remove Amnesia.

On the other hand, Esuna now only being single target with a long recast means next time Meeble ambu rolls around the mechanics will need to have changed or people will be unable to complete it legitimately. If it stays the same, React or a dedicated Barspeller with a good connection and good reflexes will be necessary, which can be hard to come by.
 Leviathan.Joltz
user: joltz18
By Leviathan.Joltz 2019-05-10 01:23:10  
Asura.Yso said: »

yeah, i understand that, but, esuna is now on a 2min CD/Recast depending on how much the increase to the damage stored with Aff. Misery i guess will depend if it's worth it or not, most of the time Amnesia doesn't last that long that would warrant changing stances, especially in end-game. Yes there are some where it can last well over a min, but those are few and far. Guess we will find out in a few min if whm will become a true front line healer.
By Tarage 2019-05-10 01:27:14  
What's with these three challenge letters?
By Aerix 2019-05-10 01:29:33  
Asura.Yso said: »

yeah, i understand that, but, esuna is now on a 2min CD/Recast depending on how much the increase to the damage stored with Aff. Misery i guess will depend if it's worth it or not, most of the time Amnesia doesn't last that long that would warrant changing stances, especially in end-game. Yes there are some where it can last well over a min, but those are few and far. Guess we will find out in a few min if whm will become a true front line healer.

Assuming you're mostly just Curaga-ing a (DD) party where Cureskin often won't even come into effect, you can just stay in Misery and Cura/Esuna to your heart's content.

With max Haste/FC, Esuna recast can be pushed down to 24 seconds.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 01:33:27  
It's up

There's a gearswap parsing packet error
Still works fine, just constant red text from the error
[+]
 Valefor.Jaymess
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Jaymess 2019-05-10 01:37:31  
Dullahan Month
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-10 01:52:10  
Place yer bets Sahagin or Dullahan or Moogle

Sahagin

It's dullahan btw
Bet Sahagins next month, and Moogle on July because it's "summer themed", or at least that's the excuse they used last time iir.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-05-10 02:06:01  
Any comment for the new Config option?
Does it create any problem for Windower and DGvoodoo users?
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7