Random Politics & Religion #37: W/ Bubba The Love Sponge

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #37: w/ Bubba the Love Sponge
Random Politics & Religion #37: w/ Bubba the Love Sponge
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 83 84 85
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2019-04-26 14:10:40  
Hope you don't get it bud. Maybe get new updated shot?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-26 17:20:03  
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Did President Trump obstruct justice?
Fox News

The video version:

YouTube Video Placeholder

Wonkette was so taken aback they didn't make even one richard joke while covering the story.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-26 17:22:40  
Well darnit, the link doesn't go through.

The vid is on the Fox and Wonkette links.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-26 17:47:11  
What exactly is surprising about this? Judge Nap has been an anti-Trumper for ages.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-26 19:03:23  
That its on Fox Rav. They could have him to publish privately.

Also the dude is a respected legal mind despite being on Fox.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-26 19:32:20  
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Fox publishes crap from even hardcore Democrats from time to time. You view Fox as a far-right caricature because that's how the other networks portray it. It's only surprising to Wonkette because they live in a bubble.

He hates Trump, therefore he is respected. If he did not hate Trump, he would not be respected. That's how the media bubble works.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-27 09:13:40  
Judge Andrew Napolitano: Did President Trump obstruct justice?
Fox News

The video version:

Wonkette was so taken aback they didn't make even one richard joke while covering the story.

Amazing video I really liked the part with the things.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-27 09:27:25  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Fox publishes crap from even hardcore Democrats from time to time. You view Fox as a far-right caricature because that's how the other networks portray it. It's only surprising to Wonkette because they live in a bubble.

He hates Trump, therefore he is respected. If he did not hate Trump, he would not be respected. That's how the media bubble works.

When Donald ran for President he obstructed Hillary, that is sufficient for impeachment and removal from office.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-27 13:43:12  
Asura.Saevel said: »
When Donald ran for President he obstructed Hillary, that is sufficient for impeachment and removal from office.

He was colluding with American voters too.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-27 18:45:16  

He was colluding with American voters too.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-04-27 19:04:17  
Fam, Endgame is *** amazing. As close to a 10 as I can remember.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-27 19:27:46  
I thought it was great. I'm just annoyed that I had the ending spoiled by jerks on the internet. I never would have guessed that Batman was the 7th Infinity Stone.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-04-27 19:35:22  
I thought it was great. I'm just annoyed that I had the ending spoiled by jerks on the internet. I never would have guessed that Batman was the 7th Infinity Stone.
Did you fall for the same fake bikini gif I did?
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-28 09:43:21  
The NRA is imploding, eating its young, and may loose its tax exempt status.

NRA announces North's resignation on-stage as 'crisis' hits gun lobby
Politico

As a total aside, when I was a kid it was a sportsmen's lobby.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-28 10:10:27  
She's the gift that keeps on giving.

Participants in a fun run organized by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in Queens were unaware their registration fee was going towards her campaign

----------------------------------

AOC suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of 'GOP' politician who is actually a Democrat
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-28 10:27:56  
On the NRA's financial and tax exempt status troubles:

Secrecy, Self-Dealing, and Greed at the NRA
The organization’s leadership is focused on external threats, but the real crisis is of its own making.

The Trace

New York Attorney General investigating NRA finances amid group's internal dispute
CNN
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-28 17:20:39  
Now link some place that isn't biased so we can get actual details of whats going on and not some reporters interpretation of what an activist told them. We already know chicanery is afoot at a non-profit political organization, that's par for the course for everything on the Democrats side. Except since it's not on the Democrats side it's a "big thing", a "crisis", and something "explosive".
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-04-28 19:17:16  
The NRA is imploding, eating its young, and may loose its tax exempt status.

NRA announces North's resignation on-stage as 'crisis' hits gun lobby
Politico

As a total aside, when I was a kid it was a sportsmen's lobby.

I doubt they lose their tax exempt status in the long run, but since their President has been ousted and investigations have actually opened, I wouldn't be surprised by some indictments. Also, your links are fine.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-28 19:26:17  
OK Saevel. Here's Fox:

John Lott: NRA turmoil is not a threat to Second Amendment but THIS could do real harm

But they don't go into any details about the whole Ackerman McQueen bit which is why the NRA is bleeding money and in deep kim che for possible self dealing and in peril of loosing their tax exempt status.

Quote:
The New York Times and Wall Street Journal reported on large monetary transfers, executive compensation, and the awarding of certain contracts that financial experts said could have violated laws governing nonprofits. The NRA’s outgoing president, Oliver North, cited these reports and a potential investigation of the group’s finances as problems that needed to be addressed in a letter to the organization’s board ahead of his departure....
From a Vox piece and the best short description I can find.

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal both have more detailed descriptions with numbers, like $40m / year minimum to Ackerman McQueen, but are behind paywalls. If you want to pay the WSJ is reliably right.

Basic rundown:
Letitia James, New York’s new attorney general, campaigned on, among other things, a promise to take the NRA down, and its going to be easy.

A handful of NRA and Ackerman McQueen executives have been draining the NRA of cash through a multiplicity of corporate entities. If half of what I have read is true its self dealing open and shut.

The NRA is suing Ackerman McQueen for financial records basically asking WTF did you do with our money? (Among other things paying Ollie North $1m/year perhaps because president of the NRA don't pay diddly squat? Was Ackerman McQueen used as a cut out?)

We already know chicanery is afoot at a non-profit political organization...
They used to be a sportsman's organization....
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-28 21:45:49  
Found the unverified line that invalidates everything else.

The New York Times and Wall Street Journal reported on large monetary transfers, executive compensation, and the awarding of certain contracts that financial experts said could have violated laws governing nonprofits.

The words "financial exports" and "could" translates into "people we hired said things we paid them to say". It turns the article into a political hit job opinion piece masquerading as informative.

Letitia James, New York’s new attorney general, campaigned on, among other things, a promise to take the NRA down, and its going to be easy.

If so then the Democrats would of done in years ago before they lost to Donald. This is about as "easy" as it was to keep Kavanaugh from being seated on the Supreme Court. Hell the Southern Poverty Law Center is still a non-profit despite how corrupt it is.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-04-28 21:52:46  
Anytime the following words are used in a charge "news" article, the entire thing should be taken with a giant grain of salt. "May, might, could, should, possibly, theoretically" and so forth, basically anything that doesn't have a quantified definite meaning.

Take this statement,

Hillary could be an alien send to conquer us all.

That statement is actually true because indeed she "could" be that, however unlikely the probability. Those unquantifiable words are used to make something unknown seem known while not technically lying. We could say ~anything~ using those words, and we won't be wrong. Hitler ~may~ of been an angle. That is a correct statement, though highly suspect.

It' the reason you can't prove a negative, and why our justice system is based on the presumption of innocence. Saying "Chanti could of violated laws about X" doesn't mean Chanti either did violate a law, likely violated or a law or was even capable of violating a law, yet it is still a true statement because of the conditional word used.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-04-28 21:53:43  
As I said, indictments are going to be the result.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-04-29 00:37:21  
Indictments, OoOoOoOoOoOoO *wiggles fingers*

Haven't you had enough of overselling the effect of "indictments"?
[+]
By Nausi 2019-04-29 09:34:55  
Blumpf is done now!

In other news, captain marvel falls short of projections (we knew it would).

Disney did the right thing with her role in endgame.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-04-29 09:40:40  
Don't talk about Endgame. And uh, after being completely wrong on Captain Marvel's break even line, which is still funny, I don't even want to know why you are mentioning that movie again.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-04-29 10:34:43  
Anytime the following words are used in a charge "news" article, the entire thing should be taken with a giant grain of salt. "May, might, could, should, possibly, theoretically" and so forth, basically anything that doesn't have a quantified definite meaning.
The press has to do that.

Look at articles about mass shooters. The shooter can be caught on the scene, with literally a smoking gun, but until he has been tried and convicted the press must use "alleged".
By Nausi 2019-04-29 11:36:40  
Viciouss said: »
Don't talk about Endgame. And uh, after being completely wrong on Captain Marvel's break even line, which is still funny, I don't even want to know why you are mentioning that movie again.
Substantially closer to the break even point than you were.

Secondly movie’s been out for 5 days now. Are you avoiding the internet in general, cause I'm not obligating myself to a higher standard than the rest of the web.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-04-29 11:52:16  
Rav,
[+]
By fonewear 2019-04-29 15:02:43  
NRA is finished all guns will be turned in at the next meeting.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 83 84 85