March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22
 Asura.Reichleiu
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-03-11 01:09:20  
Chimerawizard said: »
Does the glow depend on what weapon you trade?

Who the hell knows

we're all just hoping we can log in and buy some damn cells
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 01:09:41  
Chimerawizard said: »
Does the glow depend on what weapon you trade?

Doubt it, that would be too much effort on SE's part.
[+]
 Odin.Archaide
サーバ: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-03-11 01:09:59  
someone bought them odin already ...
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 01:11:00  
1. 50 stp on critical hits on monk is good, but nothing amazing. It wont beat Veret for sure for impetus up. Maybe not even other rema.
2. Facepalm... i throw away 3 pulse weapons few days ago. Luckily still have some and i ahve 400 sp gob keys too, so maybe i can get more. All my pulse weapons came from sp gob keys btw.
3. I wonder how dagger works. Because in theory ws damage is calculated after you tp is reduced to amount after WS. If that would mean that dagget would add like 40% critical hit rate to evisceration... that would be something.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-03-11 01:12:13  
SimonSes said: »
3. I wonder how dagger works. Because in theory ws damage is calculated after you tp is reduced to amount after WS. If that would mean that dagget would add like 40% critical hit rate to evisceration... that would be something.

Blau Dolch all over again baby

So, Aello, Qilin or Ig-Alima? Gonna hate trading the thing for lights again.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 01:12:30  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh my god the sword is broken

attack based on the number of buffs.............................

Sword; Weapon Skill: Attack Bonus based on the number of upgrades

(?)

This might actually imply the sword is stronger the less buffs you have rather than the obvious more buffs=more power. That would make more sense to power up a newbie stick if they are unbuffed, than give them (and veteran players) EVEN MORE power as they get stronger
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-11 01:13:01  
Did I read GK wrong, or is that weapon an iLv. kraken club for SAM?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-03-11 01:14:35  
only ONE new food recipe SE after a long time of bitching?! thanks a F#@$%@$!# bunch! Not good enough!
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 01:17:15  
I have 3 sagasingers, coruscanti, astaria and i had h2h, scythe, polearm etc. All came from sp gob keys and campaign just started for higher chance of equip from sp gob keys.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 01:19:27  
There is absolutely no circumstance where I give away my coruscanti. It took a thousand kills. Or sagasinger. I'm sure a lot of us already have at least one of these things laying around.

But these ambuscade weapons aren't supposed to be for us. The people that need them likely never have seen a pulse weapon ever.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 01:22:44  
I have thrown away scythe polearm and few others like 4 days ago. I hope I at least have one other than Coruscanti and Sagasinger. I will probably give up Coruscanti for a dagger, because I'm not really connected with it and effect is the same for lockstyle, but I wont give up Sagasinger.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 01:28:40  
But these ambuscade weapons aren't supposed to be for us. The people that need them likely never have seen a pulse weapon ever.

Exactly why the use of Pulse Panoplia was just a horrible idea in general. Just counted 3 on my mule, and that would be all I need, but a new player is going to have to pay 50m to see the final stage of this. And then people complain about lolgilbuyers when ***like this happens.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-03-11 01:29:50  
Return of the "Thud"?

I am sure those thuds from Trove has a chance to give your them glowy weapons. I got GAxe and H2H from them.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-03-11 01:32:00  
Are we not overreacting to this? The only players who will pay stupid amounts for pulse cells are those with gil to burn. Returnees will be wise (or unable) and wait til the prices even out.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-03-11 01:35:27  
LMAO. Square-Enix with the poison pill. Especially the Legion, Voidwatch, and Meeble Burrows ones which never received an ilvl equivalent. These are going to be utterly miserable to farm.

What is this, even? Some of them seem quite legit based on the description of the stats but ***, I've done thousands of Aello and seen zero Ephemeron.

edit: also, if you have a Pulse cell on the AH right now, who will get on first, you or the person who is going to fleece you for 5% of what that cell is currently worth?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 01:36:48  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Are we not overreacting to this? The only players who will pay stupid amounts for pulse cells are those on Asura.
 Phoenix.Erics
サーバ: Phoenix
user: prophets
By Phoenix.Erics 2019-03-11 01:42:34  
pays to keep a rare/ex mule and hoard shiny things... for this month atleast.
obtained these through meebles, NNI campaign, aman trove, VWNM, killing in zitah.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 01:42:40  
I have 1150 sp gob keys among 3 chars. I will report back how and if I get any pulse weapons out of that. you can easily farm 24 keys casually every gain exp.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 01:45:27  
I've turned in thousands of keys, not a single pulse weapon from them. The pool is too big. Random is random.
By Magicsnakez 2019-03-11 01:52:58  
I've recieved Adflictio (Scythe) and Borealis (GS) from special gobbie dials, so it is possible. 1/500~ on Murusamamaru on Uptala, and 0/500+ on Aello, Qilin, Morta for Pulse weapon.
Glad i have a handful of pulse cells on hand too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-11 01:53:49  
Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
ffxiview broken again.

Oh wow this text is fugly. I forgot how bad this looked.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-11 01:54:32  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Asura.Walpurgisnacht said: »
ffxiview broken again.

Oh wow this text is fugly. I forgot how bad this looked.

it actually hurts my eyes when they break it now
By SimonSes 2019-03-11 02:00:36  
I've turned in thousands of keys, not a single pulse weapon from them. The pool is too big. Random is random.

I believe there is difference between trading them outside of campaign and during campaign (that starts in 1 hour). It suppose to increase chance for getting equip from keys.

Luckily I still have Astaria, Gusterion and h2h that I kept, so I'm good, but want some weapons on alts too!

Post deleted by User.
By Aerix 2019-03-11 02:06:03  
For what it's worth, the T3s in Zi'tah have like a 2.5% drop chance for their weapons and pop items are pretty cheap (and you often make money in the form of ores). Could just spam them to get a bunch of glowy weapons for Ambu, since allegedly any weapon works for the upgrade process.

VW weapons have like a 0.2% drop rate in comparison, according to FFXIDB.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-11 02:10:49  
lol
 Phoenix.Capuchin
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-03-11 02:15:57  
I know people love to get worked up from update notes before actually testing... but it's certainly possible that along with this update, SE may have also improved the drop rates of the pulse weapons. Maybe give it a couple days to see if there are reports of easier drop rates?

Even if not, there's some logic to using this as a way to recycle old content. Gives people something else to farm in hopes of a nice profit on pulse cells, and the content isn't that hard so it's accessible even to players who aren't top-end... I'm sure there are people out there willing to gamble on a rare drop that they can sell. And eventually, after the elite/gotta have it first crowd overpays for pulse stuff (to get weapons that largely won't beat the good RMEA for the people truly dedicated to a job), pulse prices will eventually drop again. In the meantime, the "newer players" can still have Kaja weapons as a solid option from obtained by just doing some Ambuscade.

I'm pretty sure S-E makes regular adjustments to SP dial/key drops to favor certain items in certain months. Lots of people noticed significantly higher Dynamis [D] shard/void armor item rate from dial for a while shortly after Divergence began. I certainly did, during one of the SP key months I was averaging a couple shard/void pieces per day on 18 characters (main + 15 mules, plus my alt & 1 mule), probably something in the neighborhood of a 5% rate. After a future update, that rate dried right up...

I've seen other months with noticeable themed items showing up with more regularity. Like one month I kept getting Sealed Container NM basket pop items, but that was the only month I've seen those happen with such frequency. Here's hoping this month has a higher chance of pulse stuff.

Any yeah, the shinies are also part of AMAN Trove loud thud pool. I've seen two Annealed Lances that way since Trove started.
[+]
 Asura.Cloudblade
By Asura.Cloudblade 2019-03-11 02:18:41  
And people laughed when I spent all those hours farming almost every pulse weapons way back when. Well, who is laughing now?!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 20 21 22