フォーラム » FFXI » General » March 2019 Version Update
March 2019 Version Update
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-27 10:31:50  
It'll include pulse weapons, but likely take 2-5 months of completing the objective. Fine for casuals who aren't in a rush and don't mind being behind, but endgamers will still need to farm Zitah T3.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 10:34:28  
IF they make it "kill something X times for a pulse cell"

Then that's all that matters. Millions of mules go.

IF they make it "kill something x times, complete 5 times = Borealis" THEN it'll take months.

Either way, price comes back to "not *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE" and everyone is happy.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-27 10:37:47  
Kill Aello 100 times for one pulse cell.
By fonewear 2019-03-27 10:39:49  
That is what I was thinking it gives them a a reason for us to do VW when the light campaign is not on.

Oh hey you guys should go do VW 100 times a month.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-27 10:40:22  
Won't be pulse cells or they wouldn't have bothered making points, they'd just reward a cell each time and let it add up. Will be completed r/ex weapons to avoid AH influence, most likely.

Perfect opportunity to do something neat like 'Kill ou 10x' as a monthly, with 5 repetitions worth an omen body. But, they won't.
By fonewear 2019-03-27 10:41:55  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
I'd laugh if it wasn't anything to do with Pulse weapons, and they straight out said "We aren't making it easymode after just one month. In the meantime, your new RoE points can be spent on Treant Bulbs"

Just tell me how many Treant Bulbs I can get...and how !
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 10:43:11  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Won't be pulse cells or they wouldn't have bothered making points, they'd just reward a cell each time and let it add up. Will be completed r/ex weapons to avoid AH influence, most likely.

Perfect opportunity to do something neat like 'Kill ou 10x' as a monthly, with 5 repetitions worth an omen body. But, they won't.

...Yeah... but... they're also really stupid. So... pulse cells still work. Number one priority is give people things to sell. It's in the rule book for MMO. If you can't sell something from it, they won't do it.

You know what would be a really good one! "wear T3 crafting shield for X time and receive ~5000 crafting spirit" Not a GREAT solution to the sphere bot army, but a nice one for "progress"
By Nyarlko 2019-03-27 11:09:26  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
It's like Gobsdfgbsdblox or whatever Merit Pt storer! Only in RoE form!

edit: And it's not as if I'm complaining. It's just there's 2 options for SE, and both lead to whining. Either things are too easy, and people whine they capped out in 5 minutes, or it's too hard, and people whine that they didn't cap out in 5 minutes.

Actually, it could very well be a source of Potpourri points for completing the new ROEs to supplement trips to the gobbie. XD
By volkom 2019-03-27 11:47:58  
can we get something new that allows us to spend cruor for good things?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-27 13:08:57  
New ROE means there will be some unexpected hoops people will have to jump through that nobody saw coming, in order to access it. Make sure you have

Maxed out on Salvage Plans
Have beaten Omega/Ultima 1 & 2
Have completed all of SOA quests, including Mog Gardens
Have completed at least 500 minimum ROE quests in your log
Have no less than 80 trusts unlocked
Have the "Ballista License" key item in your possession
Have completed every "Subjugation" ROE quest
Have accrued 100k Dominion Notes
Have deposited at least 5000 Merit points to the NPC "Emporox"

They are about to pull out some previously useless content and piss everybody off
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-27 13:17:14  
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55239

Quote:
Next up are job adjustments. For April we’ve got some changes to ranger job abilities, as well as minor refinements to Dia, Bio, and Light and Dark Shot. We hope that these spells and abilities will once again be brought front and center.

Interesting.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 13:37:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
New ROE means there will be some unexpected hoops people will have to jump through that nobody saw coming, in order to access it. Make sure you have

Maxed out on Salvage Plans
Have beaten Omega/Ultima 1 & 2
Have completed all of SOA quests, including Mog Gardens
Have completed at least 500 minimum ROE quests in your log
Have no less than 80 trusts unlocked
Have the "Ballista License" key item in your possession
Have completed every "Subjugation" ROE quest
Have accrued 100k Dominion Notes
Have deposited at least 5000 Merit points to the NPC "Emporox"

They are about to pull out some previously useless content and piss everybody off
Too soon! They just *** us with pulse weapons, give it at least one update before they jam it in again.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-27 13:44:22  
volkom said: »
can we get something new that allows us to spend cruor for good things?

un-nerf chocobo blinkers!
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-03-27 18:15:32  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Quote:
Next up are job adjustments. For April we’ve got some changes to ranger job abilities, as well as minor refinements to Dia, Bio, and Light and Dark Shot. We hope that these spells and abilities will once again be brought front and center.

Interesting.

Dark Shot will increase damage of next Leaden Salute by 100%
[+]
By fonewear 2019-03-27 18:16:21  
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Quote:

Interesting.

Bio damage over 9000 !
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-27 18:21:18  
Cumulative RoEs for Omen incoming!

Defeat Kei 50 times: Ammurapi Shield
Defeat Kei 250 times: Shamash Robe

repeat for all other bosses, and I'm probably being a bit generous on the totals needed for bodies^^
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 18:26:50  
To logical. Never happen. Should happen. Would actually care enough to do Omen. But it wont.

It will only work for pulse weapons because it's 10 year old content (2011/2012) and they did something really stupid by taking them off the "trophy" list and putting them in the "YOU NEED IT" list.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-27 18:34:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It will only work for pulse weapons because it's 10 year old content (2011/2012) and they did something really stupid by taking them off the "trophy" list and putting them in the "YOU NEED IT" list.

Damn. Yeah, I'm definitely hatin' the fact that your point is right on in terms of what they consider "content revival". Swarts in their head should clearly be more than enough to keep us doing Omen willingly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-27 18:41:56  
Yup, Detrietus will keep people farming Omen literally forever. No point in ever improving drop rates when you're already conned into it for life.

And then if it ever slows down, they'll just put moon-items into new synths. over and over and over.
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-27 20:12:53  
Shichishito said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »
That link doesn't work for me for the thread. :<

maybe they already deleted that thread?

Still works just checked.
By SimonSes 2019-03-28 02:48:58  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Dark Shot will increase damage of next Leaden Salute by 100%

:P

On a serious note, I'm almost sure that dark shot and light shot will "take effect" all the time after update and it will be possible to use empy feet to boost both light and dark damage, like it was possible for other elements. So with amount of CORs in Dynamis, it's gonna be +25% Leaden damage up whole time on boss and NMs :P
 Sylph.Ticktick
サーバ: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2019-03-28 03:03:11  
it only lasts 1 hit, 1 dark shot = 1 boosted leaden salute, not all of them for 30 seconds or whatever.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 03:03:21  
Not that leaden doesnt already do 100k but thats just what the game needs, another *** cor buff.

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
it only lasts 1 hit, 1 dark shot = 1 boosted leaden salute, not all of them for 30 seconds or whatever.

They'll use 12 cors. Every single leaden will get boosted. 4 per party.

QD x 8 > RD QD x8 > RD QD x8 > RD QD x8 > RD QD x8 > WC > infinity

I'd like to propose that we give full time Mighty Strikes, Brazen Rush, and Hundred Fists to all melee except COR. Just to level the playing field.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2019-03-28 03:24:00  
I'd like to propose that we give full time Mighty Strikes, Brazen Rush, and Hundred Fists to all melee except COR. Just to level the playing field.
Man! OR we give COR Mighty Strikes, Brazen Rush, and Hundred Fists! And Invulnerbility! And Flight! And Conduit!
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 03:24:01  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
fonewear said: »
I don't know what you guy are talking about. I use black mage all the time. Gotta use that warp 2 to get that annoying party member out !
Black mage, creating the best drama since 2002

I remember getting a few pissed off rdm/whm back in the day who would chainspell teleport the whole party then rage quit

With the introduction of Sponteneity, now all you need is bad will, and collaboration between the RDM and WHM :)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-28 03:28:48  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Man! OR we give COR Mighty Strikes, Brazen Rush, and Hundred Fists! And Invulnerbility! And Flight! And Conduit!

And Reflect
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2019-03-28 03:38:57  
See, it really doesn't matter in the slightest how it's supposed to work, only how the people make it work, or in this case, no longer do.

Let's open a can of worms; SMN isn't broken. If you're in an established group and you already had no issues doing aeonics, you just want to speed it up, totally reasonable. Nothing broken with that. It's like fast forward on new game plus. For funsies.

What makes it broken is the people straight up refuse to do anything else. for the hundred reasons we all already know.

So while it's not broken at all, it's 100% completely broken at the same time.

I think most would complain that it lowered the floor so much that even players that had no useful jobs, and very little understanding of the game could just lvl SMN, get BP gear, get COR buffs, drop a bubble, Flow it up, and blow it up... which oversimplified the game.

Was just parties that killed T4's with no issues, standing in the background spamming JA's looking like:

while their pets do all the work
[+]
By kishr 2019-03-28 07:21:01  
Blame the supplier not the addict.

If there was a way for Blu or Sam to do the same everyone do that job instead.
Just happens to be smn that can in this case.
By Chimerawizard 2019-03-28 07:28:14  
kishr said: »
Blame the supplier not the addict.

If there was a way for Blu or Sam to do the same everyone do that job instead.
Just happens to be smn that can in this case.
Make Perfect Defense Great Again!
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 20 21 22