users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-01-23 19:17:53  
And every RNG the first time after using Sarv....

[+]
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2024-01-23 20:07:42  
The sign of a master archer.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
サーバ: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2024-01-23 20:56:17  
His Double Shot was up
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-02-09 04:57:19  
Hmm I did my arebati v25 with relic gun fulltime... I've been thinking lately maybe the relic bow might have been better. If we aren't hitting pdif cap anyway but can stay in true shot range it may out preform anni. Also it won't make darkness like coronach would. TP per shot wouldn't be as good so that might be a negative.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-02-09 06:30:08  
Bows have STR components for their WSs which could be slightly better for damage, but certainly not canceling out the 10% ratk AM of the gun. R15 gets crit rate +5% which isn't nothing. You'll generate more threat overall if you stay in trueshot range. At least if you're using a Bow and presumably there is a COR using a gun, then you'll avoid the WS wall easier.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-02-09 08:59:44  
With fulltime bog eclipse fury (107%) + chaos (31 to 56%) + velocity shot (25%), the 10% attack might not be a huge loss. A good or bad chaos roll can cost you more then the relic AM. Not being in true shot range also comes with an attack penalty. How much this is I don't know.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-02-09 09:10:40  
Do we know if empy head reduces even WS enmity while double shot is up? That could actually make the head useful. Old info I saw said it only applies to secondary hit for double shot.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2024-02-09 11:05:09  
I see a lot of worry about creating Darkness on Arebati, and I'd be lying if I said its never happened to me- but, there are a couple of very easy style adjustments one can make to completely eliminate that risk.

1. Biggest risk comes when running with an Arma COR. Just have them put a /p line in their Wildfire macro for when they put up AM3, and it becomes super easy to avoid chaining with it. Its not like they're using it very often.

2. Scale TP on RNG, even with Annihilator. Yes, I know Coronach doesn't scale with TP, but with Aftermath up the white dmg in between isn't a waste by any stretch.

3. RNG and COR actually have 4 very workable WSs with Marksmanship for quality damage, and proper assignment/rotation of them can also eliminate any risk of chaining darkness. Just ask the COR to rotate Last Stand and Slug Shot for their damage, and RNG rotates Coronach and Detonator.

I can't imagine any scenario for RNG where the relic bow wins.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-09 11:58:29  
Quote:
I can't imagine any scenario for RNG where the relic bow wins.

I've thought about Yoichi myself. Namas arrow has a 40% str and 40% agi mod, with a static 2.75 TP bonus. Coronach is 40% dex and 40% agi with a static 3.0 Tp bonus. R15 yoichi and chrono arrow combined damage is 420, while R15 anniha + chrono bullet is 455. The only true shot gear we would want in our weaponskill set is tellen belt, so at most we'd have 12% true shot. All in all, annihalator's coronach and yoichi's namas are roughly equivalent if yoichi is shooting from true shot range, but coronach should still have a small edge. Yoichi is perfectly viable here. It never makes darkness on arebati, and its enmity gain is only a bit higher than anniha's. It isn't high enough to ever pull hate if you stick exclusively to namas arrow.

That said, if you already have annihalator there's no good reason to build yoichi. Arrebati can be killed exclusively with annihalator. I cleared him on Veng 25 three weeks ago for the first time, and we did exactly what celeb said. I alternated between coronach and slug shot, while our corsair was firing off last stands and detonators. Slug shot is the better weaponskill at 1K TP so we wanted me to be doing the slug shots and the cor to use the detonators. We got unlucky and had to shoot through attack down aura at 40%, but we had an extremely strong showing in the first KI and chunked him down to 49% so we had a good head start. We got a wild card reset and between the two bolsters and basically 100% uptime on double and triple shot we still managed to push through to the finish line with about 4 seconds left on the clock. I did switch to gandiva just under the 1 minute mark though with around 3% HP remaining. I needed its power for that little extra push, and in that situation gandiva was far better than pinaka would have been (Pinaka's damage tanks hard with low pDIF ratio, whereas gandiva's crit damage and empyrean bonus excels). Yoichi would not have won the fight for us though.

TL;DR version, if you wanna shoot arrebati dead and you don't have annihalator yet then yoichi is probably a good choice for a first REMA for that fight specifically. But if you already own anniha then yoichi is just redundant. If we hadn't been stuck with attack down aura we'd have had a couple minutes to spare. Annihalator is perfectly servicable for that fight. It's more about execution than anything else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2024-02-09 13:19:09  
Mastered ranger has 15 true shot so with belt thats 20%. I also cleared arebati months ago with anni coronach mostly but used slugshot when it would make darkness. I was able to use it fulltime and we had 3 min left over. Something different we did then most groups was blaze eclips fury / indi str no frailty ever. I believe another big thing was getting as close as possible with anni... it was about 8 months ago but I believe it was between 11.6 -12.0 was the safe spot for high dmg.
 Asura.Melliny
By Asura.Melliny 2024-02-09 14:12:05  
Quote:
Mastered ranger has 15 true shot so with belt thats 20%.

I forgot about the true shot bonuses we get from gifts. Yoichi's namas arrow should actually beat annihalator's coronach in that case. The optimal true shot range is 12.5 so it's just outside the range of his worst moves. It should be safe to stay in true shot range the whole fight, with the possible exception of when the extra pig spawns at 40%. If the pig doesn't immediately start ramming itself on the paladin's shield you give them a little extra time to grab it before it wanders over toward you and mauls your face off by standing farther back.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [43 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2024-03-23 20:20:19  
The OP says guide is on BG now. Guide on BG is empty.

Can someone share a trueflight set?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2024-03-23 20:37:50  
Do you click the link in OP?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Shoot_-_Aww_Made_You_Look#Trueflight/Wildfire

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/All_Jobs_Gear_Sets/Ranger
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2024-03-23 21:36:34  
I did not, cause I'm a derp. I just searched community ranger guide.

Thanks.
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99