First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 97 98 99
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 19:09:15  
eliroo said: »
The main things that bother me about that setup:

No Ranged stats on Gleti
Sacrificing either WAR/DRG/SAM(?) subjob to gain 5% Crit rate.

The lack of racc/ratk on Gleti's I can live with for 15DEX/5% crit rate and proper buffs for shoting, and I think the scenario Kaldaek describes above is a limited use for it over other options. He's describing a time when you would want the melee benefits that /NIN brings over a pure shooting event where coming /WAR or /DRG isn't slowing anything down.

In Wave1 and Wave2 fodder, he'd melee, then be pure shooting for the Wave 2 boss. Can't swap to the better shooting subjob, and fulltiming that in Dyna-D is huge DPS loss in WS frequency for the waves. So, making the best of the situation at hand, Gleti's finds a place. Albeit limited.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-02 19:10:17  
Yes Celebrindal you are correct again.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-02 19:32:01  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
100% agree with you. My thoughts are for SandyD where i would be on ranger doing AE cleave things anyway... and we pew pew halphas.

Honestly, I'd be swapping weapons depending on the moment in that scenario. Tauret/Ternion+1 with Gastraphetes/Quelling Bolt(30MAB) for Aeolian Cleaving phase, Gleti/Oneiros with Gandiva when ranging Halphas, then Ternion/Tauret+1 with Gastra for Trueflight on W3.

for AE i usually tauret/kclub with tpbow+wsd arrow

i wonder which is better. my dmg is usually like 25-35k per mob.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-02 22:34:46  
100% agree with you. My thoughts are for SandyD where i would be on ranger doing AE cleave things anyway... and we pew pew halphas.

Honestly, I'd be swapping weapons depending on the moment in that scenario. Tauret/Ternion+1 with Gastraphetes/Quelling Bolt(30MAB) for Aeolian Cleaving phase, Gleti/Oneiros with Gandiva when ranging Halphas, then Ternion/Tauret+1 with Gastra for Trueflight on W3.

for AE i usually tauret/kclub with tpbow+wsd arrow

i wonder which is better. my dmg is usually like 25-35k per mob.

the bow/wsd arrow is a brilliant thought. Next time I'm in a situation where I don't need to shoot, gonna try it (/em checks for at least 1000 DI points...). I can't imagine 30mab beating the combo of those two things.
 Odin.Shaggnix
サーバ: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2021-03-05 06:12:18  
Returning player circa ~2015. Used to do a lot of delve/skirmish, have some skirmish augs i spent way too much gil on that are bottom tier at best now lol. Anywho, sitting on full sets of +1 relic and AF and a 119 anni that would need 10k plutons. Trying to decide what jobs I want to revive. Is Anni any good anymore, and is it almost always inferior to fomalhaut?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-05 06:26:57  
Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Returning player circa ~2015. Used to do a lot of delve/skirmish, have some skirmish augs i spent way too much gil on that are bottom tier at best now lol. Anywho, sitting on full sets of +1 relic and AF and a 119 anni that would need 10k plutons. Trying to decide what jobs I want to revive. Is Anni any good anymore, and is it almost always inferior to fomalhaut?

Welcome back. Ranger is in a good place- provided you're in a group that uses strats to take advantage of them.

The easy question first- 'Is Anni any good anymore?' Definitely. Its hate management properties are very abusable and welcomed. The RP augmenting process that happens after the 10k pluton afterglowing you mention also grants Annihilator 5STP and a hefty boost to Coronach damage. The +ranged attack aftermath can be very helpful with all the +PDL gear we get these days (our JSE neck, Malignance Gear, Ikenga Gear). It does really need the Chrono Bullet that comes from Fomalhaut to truly shine, I won't lie. You're going to need both guns, but you'll also USE both guns.

The biggest thing is that Annihilator is garbage for what is our bread and butter these days- Trueflight. It offers no benefits to Magical WSs like all the other Marksmanship RMEA weapons do.
Fomalhaut- 500 TP bonus helps b/c Trueflight scales well with TP.
Armageddon- 50-70 extra AGI for a 100% AGI modifier WS.
Gastraphetes-goes without saying, but the king of Trueflight not only due to the extra WS damage for the related WS, but also the +30MAB Quelling Bolts you can't use on a gun.

That means you're gonna need a second option. The easiest and fastest will be Fomalhaut- you'll want those bullets as I mention, and below 2250TP it will be your 2nd strongest Trueflight weapon.

The most versatile is likely the Armageddon. That thing is literally just solid at everything. Again, those Chrono bullets will show up as wanted.

Gastra is very much a one-trick pony with Trueflight, but its one helluva trick.

Lastly, a strong Savage Blade build and melee TP'ing sets are very beneficial for certain fights, and to be more versatile on RNG- the more versatile you are, the less you get told "we're not really doing a RNG thing".
[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kido
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2021-03-13 00:34:22  
Ok, so I finally got around to grinding my TP bonus bow for Ranger savage set, bc our LS just never uses Rng unfortunately, and as I'm completely dreading the last 3 trials of straight 1500 ws's for hours on end, I suddenly get the Sparrowhawk+2, that already has the TP Bonus +1000...

TL;DR: is there any reason beyond actual masochism to complete these trials for the Accipeter, if the only difference between one or the other is just the base weapon going 90 -> 99?! It's not even an ilvl bow ffs >.>
 Asura.Bynebill
サーバ: Asura
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2021-03-13 00:52:27  
completion sake is the only legitimate reason.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-03-13 02:27:12  
The easy question first- 'Is Anni any good anymore?' Definitely.

In addition to Cele's excellent analysis, one thing I'd add is that Coronach can be useful if you ever want a physical/darkness WS option. That's a niche that does sometimes come in handy.

- Mob takes crap damage to light element? Trueflight will suffer.
- Mob is strong against all magic? That rules out Wildfire as well as TF (WF can be good for darkness/magic weak mobs that are just strong to light though)
- So you're down to physical, you could do Fomalhaut/Last Stand and get some light SCs... but maybe (a) your mob is strong against light, or (b) enmity control is a concern, as it often is (and Fomal/LS is a hate magnet). So go Anni/Coronach instead.

Working on trials right now on my own Annihilator, in the quest for 4/4 R15 RNG marksmanship RMEA (that I'll have done in a few months). They really do all have their place.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-13 04:05:25  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
- So you're down to physical, you could do Fomalhaut/Last Stand and get some light SCs... but maybe (a) your mob is strong against light, or (b) enmity control is a concern, as it often is (and Fomal/LS is a hate magnet). So go Anni/Coronach instead.

Keep in mind that Darkness skillchain damage from Coronach will have normal enmity, so you are reducing your low enmity generation dps. It might not be a problem with real tank, but if you for example try to damage when automaton is tanking and you choose Anni/Coronach for exactly low enmity reason, darkness SC might screw you.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2021-03-14 07:07:45  
Community thoughts on new Nyame gear? First glance seemed like some of the pieces on path B could be on same level as solid DM augmented gear for Trueflight, namely hands/legs/feet. Having wsd% and Macc/Matk on the same piece seems pretty legit. Maybe not game breaking levels, but certainly better than alternatives currently.
By SimonSes 2021-03-14 07:32:16  
Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
Maybe not game breaking levels

Depends what you consider game breaking. Especially strong are hands and legs. Just those 2 increase Trueflight by ~10% vs Relic+3 legs and Carmine gloves. Then body and head increase damage by another 3.3% (for total of 14%) over Cohort Cloak.

Thats with no buffs and using top tier set from this guide.

Also 4/5 adds 23% skillchain bonus.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-03-14 08:40:13  
Why does this feel like FF14 where every update seems to make the old gear irrelevant. Has it even been a year with the cohort cloak>.>
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-14 08:54:03  
Asura.Topace said: »
Why does this feel like FF14 where every update seems to make the old gear irrelevant. Has it even been a year with the cohort cloak>.>

Its only a small increase in body/head (also much less macc) and also you need massive amount of farm (People even fought V15 Bumba and won?). Most people maybe will even need to farm V5 or 10.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-03-14 09:06:13  
Lots of comparisons to fully ranked gears. Thats awhile away, i bet some of us never even see fully ranked -.-
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-14 09:12:28  
Asura.Topace said: »
The entire point of releasing new endgame systems and content is to introduce gear that invalidates some old gear. Otherwise, there's little point in doing it. This was true even back in the 75 days of supposed horizontal progression.
[+]
By trinironnie 2021-03-16 18:40:30  
Any update with new odyssey gear?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-16 20:23:52  
trinironnie said: »

the tl;dr version of Ikenga's gear pre-augment I see as boiling down to this:

1. If you're using a piece of malignance gear in a shooting TP set, this immediately replaces it, as its better for shooting in all ways possible except ranged accuracy- and with all the traits we get, that is manageable.

1a. if shooting from distance, the loss of meva and -DT is not of as large of a concern, as you'll likely still idle in safer sets.

2. It's value in physical WS sets is hard pressed unless you are super buffed, and even then going 5/5 is just a whole lot of PDL (once you add in jse neck) that needs filled, so I see using a mix of WSD gear with PDL gear when appropriate as much more realistic.

3. Annihilator's Aftermath of +10% Ranged Attack just got made relevant- it was helped with malignance gear, but now you get -enmity, ranged attack, and more STR along with that +PDL. Its just magnifying all the things Annihilator already does, and I'm adding some of this gear in my aftermath sets for it over +crit rate, depending on total gains and buffs.

post augment will a more interesting debate, but the nice thing is that in your shooting sets it does have a place already. It may work its way into more camoflague/aftermath TP sets as augments and people test things- I know spreadsheets are a great starting point, but I still like to get out there with real buffs on a real target fighting back and see how things pan out, in particular when it comes to things like Arma/Gandiva aftermath sets.

Its not replacing anything in a Doubleshot set as far as I see, unless you weren't running with 4/5 oshosi and relic body.

I'm curious about all the true shot gear. Start looking at Su3 and beyond in terms of gear, and we have access to a helluva lot of it now. Odyssey Atonement 2 Waist, augments on Ikenga's Feet, even the Mpaca's Bow...I'm just wondering if that might be fun to play with as a concept.

As for Nyame...I'm not even contemplating that until augmenting phase. I just dont' see anything that overwhelming without augments when compared to our existing options. I could be wrong- its been a lot of gear and I've just had to put that one set on the backburner for now.
By eliroo 2021-03-16 22:02:00  
As for Nyame...I'm not even contemplating that until augmenting phase. I just dont' see anything that overwhelming without augments when compared to our existing options. I could be wrong- its been a lot of gear and I've just had to put that one set on the backburner for now.

Hands and Feet are for sure BiS for TF, WF, HS, and FA. Head is probably BiS for the Hybrids too.

Head, Hands and Feet are most likely BiS for every other weaponskill including Savage Blade.

Hands and Feet are particularly desirable imo because we don't have anything that comes close to them outside of DM augments and will be an all-around pretty big improvement to weaponskill damage.

As for Ikenga, I think its only worth swapping if you are firing at a safe distance, which you most likely are if you are RNG but if you find yourself in trueshot distance the DT and Meva from malignance will be better, Path A Nyame would be better too, but you are most likely going Path B.

There was some talk about the Ikenga Body being BiS for Last Stand? I am not sure if the math is out on that.
By SimonSes 2021-03-17 02:46:15  
eliroo said: »

Hands and Feet are for sure BiS for TF, WF, HS, and FA. Head is probably BiS for the Hybrids too.

Head, Hands and Feet are most likely BiS for every other weaponskill including Savage Blade.

Hands and Feet are particularly desirable imo because we don't have anything that comes close to them outside of DM augments and will be an all-around pretty big improvement to weaponskill damage.

As for Ikenga, I think its only worth swapping if you are firing at a safe distance, which you most likely are if you are RNG but if you find yourself in trueshot distance the DT and Meva from malignance will be better, Path A Nyame would be better too, but you are most likely going Path B.

There was some talk about the Ikenga Body being BiS for Last Stand? I am not sure if the math is out on that.

Whole Ikenga set beside feet looks like bis for Last Stand at attack cap.
[+]
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-17 03:16:42  
SimonSes said: »
Bahamut.Jackflashh said: »
Maybe not game breaking levels

Depends what you consider game breaking. Especially strong are hands and legs. Just those 2 increase Trueflight by ~10% vs Relic+3 legs and Carmine gloves. Then body and head increase damage by another 3.3% (for total of 14%) over Cohort Cloak.

Thats with no buffs and using top tier set from this guide.

Also 4/5 adds 23% skillchain bonus.
Are you talking about R0 or maxed augments?
By SimonSes 2021-03-17 04:10:33  
GlassyCraver said: »
Are you talking about R0 or maxed augments?

Well obviously at R20. At R0 Nyame is beaten for damage even by some poor herc augment :)
By trinironnie 2021-03-17 14:31:30  

1. If you're using a piece of malignance gear in a shooting TP set, this immediately replaces it, as its better for shooting in all ways possible except ranged accuracy- and with all the traits we get, that is manageable.

1a. if shooting from distance, the loss of meva and -DT is not of as large of a concern, as you'll likely still idle in safer sets.

2. It's value in physical WS sets is hard pressed unless you are super buffed, and even then going 5/5 is just a whole lot of PDL (once you add in jse neck) that needs filled, so I see using a mix of WSD gear with PDL gear when appropriate as much more realistic.

3. Annihilator's Aftermath of +10% Ranged Attack just got made relevant- it was helped with malignance gear, but now you get -enmity, ranged attack, and more STR along with that +PDL. Its just magnifying all the things Annihilator already does, and I'm adding some of this gear in my aftermath sets for it over +crit rate, depending on total gains and buffs.

post augment will a more interesting debate, but the nice thing is that in your shooting sets it does have a place already. It may work its way into more camoflague/aftermath TP sets as augments and people test things- I know spreadsheets are a great starting point, but I still like to get out there with real buffs on a real target fighting back and see how things pan out, in particular when it comes to things like Arma/Gandiva aftermath sets.

Its not replacing anything in a Doubleshot set as far as I see, unless you weren't running with 4/5 oshosi and relic body.

I'm curious about all the true shot gear. Start looking at Su3 and beyond in terms of gear, and we have access to a helluva lot of it now. Odyssey Atonement 2 Waist, augments on Ikenga's Feet, even the Mpaca's Bow...I'm just wondering if that might be fun to play with as a concept.

Thxs!
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-17 14:47:14  

Worth pointing out that Malignance hands/feet have more STP then Ikenga's so the TP overflow should be better a lot of the time.
Edit: and of course when you are not capping RACC swap in more Malignance
By SimonSes 2021-03-19 05:49:53  
EDIT: Moved from BLM thread https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49789/the-black-sacrament-a-guide-to-black-mage/25/#3571779

Asura.Verbannt said: »
oh, I'm lamenting that the new set only improves my last stand set on rng... my DM augs and other gear are better for savage, and there is better gear for trueflight.
I guess that means I don't have to cry not having full RP on the new gear.

Whats better gear for Trueflight? Only thing thats better for trueflight are insane DM augments.
For Savage you would need feet DM augment with like 10%WSD and STR and you would still be far behind on att/acc. For legs you would need DM augment with like 10%WSD and 15str and you would still be far behind on att/acc. Same for hands and body. Only AF+3 head is better than Nyame, but it still has no att or acc.

EDIT: And all that not even considering that Savage RNG is squishy as *** during WS in herculean/af/relic, so Nyame has amazing synergy as WS set to mix with Malignance TP to make Savage RNG more practical against something that can punch you back.
 Bahamut.Jackflashh
By Bahamut.Jackflashh 2021-03-19 07:40:59  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Verbannt said: »
oh, I'm lamenting that the new set only improves my last stand set on rng... my DM augs and other gear are better for savage, and there is better gear for trueflight.
I guess that means I don't have to cry not having full RP on the new gear.

Whats better gear for Trueflight? Only thing thats better for trueflight are insane DM augments.
For Savage you would need feet DM augment with like 10%WSD and STR and you would still be far behind on att/acc. For legs you would need DM augment with like 10%WSD and 15str and you would still be far behind on att/acc. Same for hands and body. Only AF+3 head is better than Nyame, but it still has no att or acc.

EDIT: And all that not even considering that Savage RNG is squishy as *** during WS in herculean/af/relic, so Nyame has amazing synergy as WS set to mix with Malignance TP to make Savage RNG more practical against something that can punch you back.

Peeeeeeerhaps he's referring to the Ikenga set, and not Nyame. Good lord dude chill lol.
By SimonSes 2021-03-19 08:01:29  
I moved discussion from BLM thread, because I dont want to make offtop there. I should inform about it. I'm not sure what you mean by trying to chill me. There is literally 0 emotion in that post, just normal talking >.>
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-03-19 08:51:32  

Would you still use Adhemar legs for midshot or is Ikenga trousers better? It seems you gain a bit more with ikenga, but not sure what the loss of recycle +16 means.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-03-19 09:23:34  
Bahamut.Satanas said: »
Would you still use Adhemar legs for midshot or is Ikenga trousers better? It seems you gain a bit more with ikenga, but not sure what the loss of recycle +16 means.

It's basically irrelevant. The big gain from Recycle in midshot is for the Relic head augment, and that piece also happens to pack all the additional +Recycle you might need. 90% cap, (merited) RNG has 55% base, Beret is +34-38 depending on +1/2/3.
If you aren't using that, then it may help save you a little ammo, but we have Scavenge too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2021-03-19 09:28:49  
Awesome! Good to know, thanks for the reply :)
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 97 98 99