users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
You'll Shoot Your Eye Out! - New FFXI RNG Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 97 98 99
 Asura.Frod
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Frod 2019-09-14 14:56:10  
https://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Natures-First-Pound-Bucket/dp/B016794Y7C/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=bulk+sea+salt&qid=1568490950&rnid=16310211&s=grocery&sr=1-3
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-09-16 17:17:16  
I had assumed there would be more salt than this, but i guess nobody plays this terrible job anymore.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 17:30:21  
Meh it's 2 years later, they pretty much forget it was even a thing

and it was only like 1k damage over anyway or something like that?
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-16 17:38:13  
Asura.Frod said: »
I had assumed there would be more salt than this, but i guess nobody plays this terrible job anymore.

Take away our Trueflight, and you'll see salt. HotShot was just a fun toy for {too weak} content and screenies.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-16 17:42:43  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Meh it's 2 years later, they pretty much forget it was even a thing

and it was only like 1k damage over anyway or something like that?

It was 4kish I think. But it's extremely hard to do, pretty much required bloster and 3000 TP to hit that number.

There were no real application in endgame maybe with the exception of Fu which takes massive dmg. And nobody do Fu anymore.

I do think cor needs a nerf though, this cor bandwagon is kinda ridiculous, I *** hate it. But fixing a glitch for a ws that almost never hit cap isn't changing anything. Nor I understand why people were acting so exciting about it at all.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-09-16 17:49:54  
Isn't it fantastic when all the shitty players dogpile onto (your) job.
[+]
By Afania 2019-09-16 18:21:37  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »

Take away our Trueflight,

Or all of the magical ws needs nerf. I always feel physical ws should generate less enmity, and magical ws shouldn't be affected by malaise and gambit. Or maybe a cap for Mattk/mdef ratio or something.

Leaden WF TF should be about 26 to 30k with no buffs. Which is pretty competitive to physical ws at max pdif. It doesn't really need all that malaise/gambit to boost it to 99999 to be competitive.

That would probably finally put an end to DP cor bandwagon.
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-16 21:49:51  
Afania said: »

Or all of the magical ws needs nerf. I always feel physical ws should generate less enmity, and magical ws shouldn't be affected by malaise and gambit. Or maybe a cap for Mattk/mdef ratio or something.

Leaden WF TF should be about 26 to 30k with no buffs. Which is pretty competitive to physical ws at max pdif. It doesn't really need all that malaise/gambit to boost it to 99999 to be competitive.

I'm ok where it is, although I would agree with reducing enmity from physical weaponskills. Just look at the amount of white damage dealt by either Gastraphetes or Death Penalty...the two we're really talking about here. Paltry damage at best. The overpowered weaponskills merely even out that fact. Add in how incredibly weak other weaponskills are with those weapons, such as Last Stand. Armageddon gets great white damage at the expense of a weaker magical weaponskill attached, Wildfire.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2019-09-17 12:09:13  
Afania said: »

I'm ok where it is, although I would agree with reducing enmity from physical weaponskills. Just look at the amount of white damage dealt by either Gastraphetes or Death Penalty...the two we're really talking about here. Paltry damage at best. The overpowered weaponskills merely even out that fact. Add in how incredibly weak other weaponskills are with those weapons, such as Last Stand. Armageddon gets great white damage at the expense of a weaker magical weaponskill attached, Wildfire.

This update gave everyone everything they ever wanted regarding enm-.

Adventurer's Dirge in a scroll!=]
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 07:33:10  
Asura.Toralin said: »
Can someone clarify the paths for this set
Midshot TP set
ItemSet 364775

• Adhemar Hands: Path C
• Adhemar: Path C
• Adhemar Feet: Path D
• Cape: AGI/Racc/STP

Why Adhemar Feet: Path D over C? just because the Store TP? I thought the rapid need was preshot

or is this mislabeled?

Just quoting the most recent midshot set i see...

Just a swap of malignance feet and its up to date?

Also, I tend to use enervating over Dedition.
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 08:26:16  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

More like swap feet, legs, hands, body to Malignance and it's up to date. Probably still keep relic body for Double shot.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 08:28:10  
I was looking at the recycle and crit bonus from set for those two pieces. Idk if the extra STP is a bonus to hitting 3hit (ws+2)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-18 09:24:23  
I was looking at the recycle and crit bonus from set for those two pieces. Idk if the extra STP is a bonus to hitting 3hit (ws+2)

Recycle on legs is not useful, you cap just with the Relic head. Crit seems like it's really only useful for AM on Armageddon.

Quote:
Probably still keep relic body for Double shot.

You use arcadian jerkin +3 even with double shot down? Most people I see still go for orion jerkin +3 because of the STP when double shot is down.
[+]
By SimonSes 2019-09-18 09:54:20  

Recycle adds nothing really because head puts you at 93% and known cap for recycle is 90% (some ppl said it might be 95%. doesn't really matter).

Now crit sure can help you, but imo you either go for crit build with Armageddon or Gandiva and gear toward this or you go for Aeonic/mythic and focus on WS. It doesn't matter if you have enough TP for 1000TP or enough for 1100 TP, because both Last stand and Trueflight gets improved damage with more TP, so it's not like you wasting TP having more store TP than needed for 1000TP. So store TP translate directly to WS damage really.

With 4/5 Malignance you can risk standing in sweet spot too and standing in sweet spot is far more valuable to your white damage than 4% crit rate and 6% crit damage.

I guess Annihilator is a specific case. You dont take advantage of tp overflow with Coronach, so idk here.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 09:59:33  
Is malevolence(s) replaced by ambu weps for TF now?
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-18 10:02:41  

Generally no. Magic Damage doesn't affect the spell as much as the matk. So a good malevolence even with -100 magic damage does better with the extra +30 matk.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 10:05:05  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Generally no. Magic Damage doesn't affect the spell as much as the matk. So a good malevolence even with -100 magic damage does better with the extra +30 matk.

Ok thanks for the update!
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2019-09-18 10:09:47  
If you are giving up Orion Jerkin +3 for Malignance Tabard, then regal seems to be a less solid choice. Dingir is almost competitive, minus the 2.5 attack. There also may be better choices if you are attack capped, want the ranged acc, or need the STP+ to get 3 hit. Rajas or Cacoethic Ring +1 might be interesting choices.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 10:15:31  
Call me crazy but i never made orion jerkin +3 because i always used Ohshosi body+1 for triple shot (on cor) so I just used that.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-18 10:19:20  
You should make orion Jerkin +3, if for nothing else for +75 racc in those situations where you need more. It's a great piece.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-18 10:24:16  
Call me crazy but i never made orion jerkin +3 because i always used Ohshosi body+1 for double shot so I just used that.

Arcadian Jerkin+3 should be every RNG's goal for body slot during double shot up. The ability to turn around 40% of your doubleshots into TRIPLEshots far outweighs the Oshosi+1.

Orion Jerkin+3 is an incredibly well-balanced piece of gear and a great doubleshot-DOWN midshot body piece. If you like your oshosi+1 for midshot, its still great with its super high racc and STP, but if those are your reasons, Malignance body shits all over Oshosi+1 (Oshosi+1 Vest: +47racc,+10 STP, Malignance Tabard: +50racc, +11 STP).
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2019-09-18 10:25:39  
Call me crazy but i never made orion jerkin +3 because i always used Ohshosi body+1 for double shot so I just used that.

Arcadian Jerkin+3 should be every RNG's goal for body slot during double shot up. The ability to turn around 40% of your doubleshots into TRIPLEshots far outweighs the Oshosi+1.

Orion Jerkin+3 is an incredibly well-balanced piece of gear and a great doubleshot-DOWN midshot body piece. If you like your oshosi+1 for midshot, its still great with its super high racc and STP, but if those are your reasons, Malignance body shits all over Oshosi+1 (Oshosi+1 Vest: +37racc,+7 STP, Malignance Tabard: +50racc, +11 STP).

47 racc, 10 stp. You put the stats for NQ Oshosi
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2019-09-18 10:26:23  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Orion Jerkin+3 is an incredibly well-balanced piece of gear and a great doubleshot-DOWN midshot body piece. If you like your oshosi+1 for midshot, its still great with its super high racc and STP, but if those are your reasons, Malignance body shits all over Oshosi+1 (Oshosi+1 Vest: +37racc,+7 STP, Malignance Tabard: +50racc, +11 STP).

47 racc, 10 stp

Ty, fixed.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-18 10:28:23  

Orion Jerkin+3 is an incredibly well-balanced piece of gear and a great doubleshot-DOWN midshot body piece. If you like your oshosi+1 for midshot, its still great with its super high racc and STP, but if those are your reasons, Malignance body shits all over Oshosi+1 (Oshosi+1 Vest: +47racc,+10 STP, Malignance Tabard: +50racc, +11 STP).

I agree. I personally don't get to play ranger on things that i wouldn't be capped racc. (sidebar)

Edit to original post. I play cor and ranger alot so I had Ohshosi Body +1.

I do use relic+3 for doubleshot
 Asura.Xenomorph
By Asura.Xenomorph 2019-09-28 23:29:21  
SimonSes said: »

More like swap feet, legs, hands, body to Malignance and it's up to date. Probably still keep relic body for Double shot.

ItemSet 364809

For double shot set, would Malignance replace the HQ Osh. legs, hands, and/or feet?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-10-02 09:58:14  
Asura.Xenomorph said: »
SimonSes said: »

ItemSet 364809

For double shot set, would Malignance replace the HQ Osh. legs, hands, and/or feet?

No. You'll still use that set for double shot. Mali is for when double shot is down.
But correct me if I'm wrong there. I'd image 16% more double shot rate is going to beat 31 STP.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By kunami 2019-10-07 07:41:09  
Good morning fellow gun nuts!

Malignance gear has been added to the node in the DT gearsets. I just kind of slopped them in there 5/5 temporarily because those sets kind of sucked.... but I think we are over cap that way. If anyone wants to optimize the accessories for a little more HP I will update later.

If it shows up in some other sets let me know and I will change those sets too.

ItemSet 364815

ItemSet 364814
By olson2189 2019-10-10 13:59:42  
Since this is being asked on just about every other phys DD job forum, I'll go head and be the one to ask it here. /DRG = new meta for cases when you otherwise would have gone /WAR?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-10-10 14:03:25  
Sub drg absolutely. Might even be cases for losing anni because of jumps being more common.

Gandiva might get some lovin
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 97 98 99