Getting A Mythic Is... Annoying...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » getting a mythic is... annoying...
getting a mythic is... annoying...
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 16:17:49  
He means the Adventuring Fellow.

But don't disable trusts for sh*t. I swear to God, Sylvie is far more valuable as a trust than more than half of Asura's GEOs I could pickup for any [Insert Random Event]. Even something like HTBF where I am more than able to solo Diff-VD, you'd think adding a RL player to the mix would actually speed it up. It.Doesn't. It slows it down in fact. Human reflexes, having to check if person is afk, asking them to "do this spell" or "stand here" or "stand in corner and don't fck this up... Any number of reasons actually makes interacting with other players slower than doing it solo with a computer who is programmed to do x for y, everytime. The player would have to not be a needless hindrance to the fight to justify replacing a Trust spot.

With that being said, I 100% understand the argument of unnecessary entry times for things like Ambu/HTBF/Ein since it does hold you up. But I don't think disabling trusts is the best idea. I think there should be a medium; perhaps an instance sharing system where, if enabled, players may join an already in-progress event and get partial/full rewards. This will give players the opportunity to not have to wait to enter and get some credit for it, or full, depending on their participation (discourage afkers who come late). The original party always gets full credit for the entry regardless, so it does not harm anyone already inside, but benefits those who want to join in and help. The function could be turned off so you can restrict players from joining, if you so choose.

Oh, and Fellows have been replaced entirely with Trusts. You get so many of them, Fellows are done. What is the point of having one, severely limited (customizable) fellow with 1 job when you can have several up at once doing different tasks?
By volkom 2019-01-11 19:12:07  
Too bad they cant change the fellow system to be like a guest character on the account. So you could bring a friend to play without having them to pay a sub
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2019-01-11 19:45:28  
I really thought I was gonna scroll back to a "necro", lol

I only read the OP and some of the first page so apologies for any redundancies but seeing as I'm 17 assaults from another, I've got to touch down on this. It's a big venture for sure, time consuming as fk.

But!

I started my first at 75 cap, so... just appreciate how easy it is now, in comparison.

We were in the snow, up hills both ways. Get off my lawn.

Push forward good sir!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 20:15:45  
All this talk of mythics has me deliberating about making my first one. No reason other than to try it myself and see the process
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-11 20:20:09  
It's pretty miserable. Don't recommend smashing it all out as quickly as possible. Super easy to burn out and quit.

Doing ein > salvage > assault > ein > salvage > assault for a solid few hour block will make you hate life.

And then you get the misery of ZNM and trials... so fun.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-01-11 20:45:46  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
All this talk of mythics has me deliberating about making my first one. No reason other than to try it myself and see the process

Its really not bad it does take a bit of focus
 Asura.Topace
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2019-01-11 21:04:44  
People complained back then and people complain now. I don't why you all keep bringing up the old days like they weren't playing back then also.

Anyways if anything needs to be made easier is that horrible ergon quest. Like which dumbass thought that was a good idea?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 21:44:36  
That's the Downside the time. Upside is never logging in and having nothing to do. You literally will always have a task so you will waste less idle time deciding what to do for the night
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-11 22:24:39  
Still the same requirements, just with longer lockouts. So, it's probably a lot harder to burn yourself out on it.

Still ***, but probably easier for people to eventually work through overall.
By DaneBlood 2019-01-12 00:26:00  
[+]
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-01-12 02:11:30  
Please go through the thread and find as many posts as you can of people calling the mythic grind hard.

Tedious, unengaging, boring and annoying are not synonyms of the word hard, by the way.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 06:19:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
It's pretty miserable. Don't recommend smashing it all out as quickly as possible. Super easy to burn out and quit.

Doing ein > salvage > assault > ein > salvage > assault for a solid few hour block will make you hate life.

And then you get the misery of ZNM and trials... so fun.

Seen that happen to 2 people, thats why I dont do salvage for alex, plenty of ways to make gil to buy alex. I just buy all mine.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-01-12 10:04:54  
Asura.Veikur said: »
Please go through the thread and find as many posts as you can of people calling the mythic grind hard.

Tedious, unengaging, boring and annoying are not synonyms of the word hard, by the way.

If you are talking to me.
I didn't say anything about it being hard.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-01-12 10:10:07  
I'll say this, spamming salvage for alex is a great way to binge watch shows on HBO Now and Netflix. 3 mythics made that way and at least 3 complete runthrus of GoT, The Wire, and others ;)
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-01-12 10:26:36  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
I'll say this, spamming salvage for alex is a great way to binge watch shows on HBO Now and Netflix. 3 mythics made that way and at least 3 complete runthrus of GoT, The Wire, and others ;)
Dexter for me but facts
By Pofo 2019-01-12 10:40:50  
Valefor.Angierus said: »
Assaults should not take you more than 20s each.

This is literally the most overlooked but the most useful Post in this entire thread. If you know what you're doing you can do all 50 assault clears without actually doing the assaults themselves within a timeframe of about an hour.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-12 10:44:40  
Pofo said: »
This is literally the most overlooked but the most useful Post in this entire thread. If you know what you're doing you can do all 50 assault clears without actually doing the assaults themselves within a timeframe of about an hour.

Aside from the fact that the more people talk about it, the more likely SE has to eventually fix it and act upon some of you.. you cannot do all 50 in an hour. Just walking to the assault, waiting for entry, and going back to the NPC takes 5 minutes. Your tag only regenerates every 10 minutes. If you start with 5 tags, it's still almost 8 hours.

I can do them legit in 10 hours, not anywhere near the timesaver people think it is unless you're bad.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2019-01-12 13:10:07  
Asura.Veikur said: »

We get it. Thank you. You're right, it's not "hard". No one ever said making a mythic was difficult. In fact, the only difficulty is enduring the tedious grind. In some players minds it is "hard" to remain motivated long enough to complete one. There are some annoying assaults you might not complete first time if you don't understand them. You may need to learn how to Nyzul. Other than that the content is "easy", yet time consuming.

The variance of obstacles you have to overcome gives players the perception it's more difficult/tedious/boring/grindy than it actually is. I found the varied obstacles more welcoming, as I hate having to repeat the same thing over & over.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-12 15:06:58  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Pofo said: »

Aside from the fact that the more people talk about it, the more likely SE has to eventually fix it and act upon some of you.. you cannot do all 50 in an hour. Just walking to the assault, waiting for entry, and going back to the NPC takes 5 minutes. Your tag only regenerates every 10 minutes. If you start with 5 tags, it's still almost 8 hours.

I can do them legit in 10 hours, not anywhere near the timesaver people think it is unless you're bad.

Not saying you can't, but I'd be interested to see this. Also 5 tags?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-12 15:11:22  
You have 4 in reserve and hold one as a KI

Quote:
The player can hold one tag at any given time, and Rytaal can accumulate up to an additional three tags (four if the player has Captain rank).

and if you ASE all your assaults its only 3 hours, 5 if you're slow, instead of the 10 it takes legit. That's enough to call it significant.

If you're using ase you may as well clip too. Ki > band > enter > clip to exit > warp back to AU.
By Jetackuu 2019-01-12 15:13:26  
Oh yeah, I'm derping hard today. Damn weather.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 15:17:05  
Im afraid to ask wtf is ASE.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-12 15:18:16  
Addon that lets you see things that aren't loaded, like exit lamps. You can trade your assault book and get the clear without actually doing the assault.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 16:17:08  
Addon that lets you see things that aren't loaded, like exit lamps. You can trade your assault book and get the clear without actually doing the assault.

BTW is that some sucessor of any program that helped people to claim VWNM in abyssea? I never knew for sure if something like that existed at that time.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-12 16:28:09  
Its the same program that lets you pop ??? when they are "dead"

It's also what they used to find VNM before they were altered, yeah
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 17:18:43  

shhhh
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-12 18:07:59  
People are using old Windower (3 I think) for ASE? I haven't used that thing since like 2012.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-12 20:15:32  
It's just a 1 byte patch on an incoming packet, I'm sure someone wrote a lua that got passed around or w.e. It just gets called ASE still because that's what the most people know it as.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 10