SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-09-25 11:28:18  
when it's been 3 days since you last SMN burned anything

[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-27 13:38:09  
Probably not the place to make a real observation, but earlier this week our warrior was doing 60-80k Resolutions to Tumult Curator. Is it still worthwhile to smn burn all the things?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-09-27 14:04:38  
Bongyogha said: »
GREAT NEWS!!!! So Last night we decided to take 2 PUPS and my OP SMN my Ls mates got me amazing gear for, to a KIN fight. We are really really good players and I am so happy to show off to you all that 2 PUP and SMN was able to kill KIN!!! Yea... I'm pretty good at this stuff.

Was going to ask how you got around Death Sentence but apparently it doesn't even use it unless NIN, PLD, or RUN..
 Asura.Sirris
サーバ: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-09-27 14:14:35  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
GREAT NEWS!!!! So Last night we decided to take 2 PUPS and my OP SMN my Ls mates got me amazing gear for, to a KIN fight. We are really really good players and I am so happy to show off to you all that 2 PUP and SMN was able to kill KIN!!! Yea... I'm pretty good at this stuff.

Was going to ask how you got around Death Sentence but apparently it doesn't even use it unless NIN, PLD, or RUN..

Does Kin use Death Sentence on RUN? I've done Kin dozens of times with RUN + WAR or DRK or SAM + support and then with dozens of times with PLD + same. He's never done Doom on our rune fencers but always does it on paladin.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-09-27 14:28:22  
It will Death Sentence RUN.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-09-27 14:41:03  
Asura.Sirris said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Does Kin use Death Sentence on RUN? I've done Kin dozens of times with RUN + WAR or DRK or SAM + support and then with dozens of times with PLD + same. He's never done Doom on our rune fencers but always does it on paladin.

He does use the move, but it is likely that you Run had Lux runes up to resist the doom.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-27 15:25:30  
I don't think it's the job that causes Death Sentence, I think it's the different in enmity between #1 and #2 on the list. If the person with hate has a LOT more enmity (or maybe CE specifically) than the next highest, then it'll use Death Sentence, otherwise it won't. So if a RUN or PLD is careful and just barely keeps hate higher than the next person on the list, he'll never use the move. That's been my experience, anyway.

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Probably not the place to make a real observation, but earlier this week our warrior was doing 60-80k Resolutions to Tumult Curator. Is it still worthwhile to smn burn all the things?
When we did Tumult this month, we used a mix of SMN and DD (RUN and WAR). Even with 60-80k Resos, a WAR won't match the sheer damage output of a SMN during Conduit, so we use the SMNs to get it as low as possible before people start dying. (Personally I let the DDs chip away the first bit and then start my Conduit around the 80-85% mark.) After that, most of the SMN usually die or run out of steam because their avatar died halfway through Conduit, and at that point the DDs pick up the slack. RUN works well because they can use 3 different element runes plus Liement to pretty much ensure survival on a Flow, plus One for All for another Flow, but WAR certainly works well too with a good MDT build and good healer. I'm sure it could be done without any SMN, but I think it would increase the risk factor.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-09-27 23:17:59  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
I don't think it's the job that causes Death Sentence, I think it's the different in enmity between #1 and #2 on the list. If the person with hate has a LOT more enmity (or maybe CE specifically) than the next highest, then it'll use Death Sentence, otherwise it won't. So if a RUN or PLD is careful and just barely keeps hate higher than the next person on the list, he'll never use the move. That's been my experience, anyway.

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
When we did Tumult this month, we used a mix of SMN and DD (RUN and WAR). Even with 60-80k Resos, a WAR won't match the sheer damage output of a SMN during Conduit, so we use the SMNs to get it as low as possible before people start dying. (Personally I let the DDs chip away the first bit and then start my Conduit around the 80-85% mark.) After that, most of the SMN usually die or run out of steam because their avatar died halfway through Conduit, and at that point the DDs pick up the slack. RUN works well because they can use 3 different element runes plus Liement to pretty much ensure survival on a Flow, plus One for All for another Flow, but WAR certainly works well too with a good MDT build and good healer. I'm sure it could be done without any SMN, but I think it would increase the risk factor.
That's fair. We actually did have smn, they used perfect defense on us just before we engaged the boss. I like a mix, I think it's good. Just straight smn burn works, but it's I/O. You either win in 30 sec, or you lose. Not really space to save a run that went sideways.
But recovering from things going bad is, to me, the most fun part of this game.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-09-28 10:10:20  
Yeah honestly as long as you can get it to at least 24% for second to last, or ideally to 9% for the last astral flow, recovering isn't that bad. SMN sometimes struggle to do this alone though. I agree that a DD or two thrown in can make things a lot smoother.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-03 09:34:15  
Asura.Frod said: »
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

Frod how many job points do you need to smn burn Vir'ava?

I'm at about 500 and was cruising along through all the Geas Fete nms just fine until I ran face first into that bish.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-03 10:20:13  
Yay that SMN can also burn all the lamias.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-03 11:45:50  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

Frod how many job points do you need to smn burn Vir'ava?

I'm at about 500 and was cruising along through all the Geas Fete nms just fine until I ran face first into that bish.
Probably depends how many vorseals you have as well, and whether you're using Nirvana. I suspect you should be able to do it at 500 JP with good gear and support, Bolster + Astral Flow + Astral Conduit > Flaming Crush spam. When I do this low-man, I do PLD+GEO+SMN and usually a COR for rolls thrown in for good measure. Frailty + Malaise + Beast + Drachen. That said, I usually kill it about 10 seconds into my Conduit so that should give you an idea of how much wiggle room there is. (Quite a bit when mastered job points.) It may also depend on WHICH job points you've chosen, Astral Flow job points go a long way on Vir'ava for example.

I think the important thing is a good Flaming Crush build with a fair bit of accuracy in it. Vir'ava is very evasive and in my experience most issues with it stem from accuracy problems which is why I suggest Drachen Roll over Puppet Roll. If you continue to struggle you might even try changing Malaise to Torpor.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-03 11:55:10  
thanks pergatory!
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-10-13 11:00:35  
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Justuas 2018-10-13 12:13:46  
when you play ffxi on potato

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-10-13 17:01:01  

Frod's SMN Burn Theme Song Classic Hit...lmao
By Pantafernando 2018-10-13 17:27:55  
I think this month ambuscade definitivelly SMN cant burn...
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-13 19:50:06  
Pantafernando said: »
I think this month ambuscade definitivelly SMN cant burn...

LIES and SLANDER!
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-15 15:21:01  
Vir'ava doesn't have DT, just high evasion.

Flaming Crush and a magic bursted Conflag Strike should both do capped damage with the right buffs up and good gear. The difference is Conflag will only do it if magic bursted, otherwise you're looking at what, closer to 50-60k tops? Flaming needs no skillchain, you can just spam it for 99999. I'm not saying Conflag is a bad choice, just that if your gear is capable you should be able to do much better with Flaming.

P.S. You can totally SMN burn this month's Ambuscade. Just make sure you go to the bathroom first because it's going to be a long fight... Best method seemed to be killing the adds first, because otherwise pretty much every Volt on the boss was a hate reset and it got annoying. Despite ignoring most of the mechanics which should've leveled him up a lot, Volt damage stayed consistent. So either he stopped leveling up at some point, or the level up didn't really do much besides increase his evasion. (We needed Torpor near the end to keep damage numbers up.)
By Pantafernando 2018-10-15 17:05:46  
Vir'ava doesn't have DT, just high evasion.

Flaming Crush and a magic bursted Conflag Strike should both do capped damage with the right buffs up and good gear. The difference is Conflag will only do it if magic bursted, otherwise you're looking at what, closer to 50-60k tops? Flaming needs no skillchain, you can just spam it for 99999. I'm not saying Conflag is a bad choice, just that if your gear is capable you should be able to do much better with Flaming.

P.S. You can totally SMN burn this month's Ambuscade. Just make sure you go to the bathroom first because it's going to be a long fight... Best method seemed to be killing the adds first, because otherwise pretty much every Volt on the boss was a hate reset and it got annoying. Despite ignoring most of the mechanics which should've leveled him up a lot, Volt damage stayed consistent. So either he stopped leveling up at some point, or the level up didn't really do much besides increase his evasion. (We needed Torpor near the end to keep damage numbers up.)

What setup did you use?

Indeed its a quite long fight and just need a croc move to wipe that im considering not viable.
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-15 17:56:09  
PLD WHM GEO SMN SMN was our setup. I cannot for the life of me remember what the 6th person was. It must've been a COR.

Neither of our fights went what I'd call "smoothly." I think pretty much everyone but the PLD died at least once in each of our attempts, but we still won. The first with about 2 minutes remaining, and the second (where we killed all adds first instead of just the BLM) with about 5 minutes remaining. The nice thing about SMN method is that the SMN don't have to wait on weakness or double weakness, they can just keep plowing as long as the tank lives.
[+]
By Staleyx 2018-10-15 18:01:49  
With 2 minutes remaining I wouldn't call that a smn burn. Sounds painful
By Pantafernando 2018-10-15 18:41:44  
PLD WHM GEO SMN SMN was our setup. I cannot for the life of me remember what the 6th person was. It must've been a COR.

Neither of our fights went what I'd call "smoothly." I think pretty much everyone but the PLD died at least once in each of our attempts, but we still won. The first with about 2 minutes remaining, and the second (where we killed all adds first instead of just the BLM) with about 5 minutes remaining. The nice thing about SMN method is that the SMN don't have to wait on weakness or double weakness, they can just keep plowing as long as the tank lives.

Do earthen armor help against croc move?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-10-15 19:22:25  
I don't see what would prevent smns from clearing this in 10 min or less. EA/Scherzo works against Croctastrophe but it's better to just lock the boss / sleep adds with Mewing Lullaby. Volt Strike cap damage with Frailty/Dia/Armor Break. Hardest part is to not break 50k dmg per BP (Pet DA proc is awful there) otherwise the boss loses Dia/Defense Down while using Noblesse Oblige.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-10-16 03:31:07  
I will see if i get all this done next run, but now that you mentioned full break, i was looking for gaxe for run and saw the hepatizon axe. One thing i never saw was an explanation what "Adds full break effect" does.

Anyone know whats this?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-16 07:58:50  
Pantafernando said: »
I will see if i get all this done next run, but now that you mentioned full break, i was looking for gaxe for run and saw the hepatizon axe. One thing i never saw was an explanation what "Adds full break effect" does.

Anyone know whats this?

Allows you to use the WS. There's that whole category of Su2 weapons (Hepatizon/Beryllium/Exalted/Maliya) that nearly all allow for the use of an EX WS (Swords have Swift Blade, Scythe has Cross Reaper, etc).
The exception is the Exalted Staff, since staff doesn't have any WS that'd apply to, so it has 15% WSDMG instead.
[+]