SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-10-16 10:05:30  
Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
I don't see what would prevent smns from clearing this in 10 min or less. EA/Scherzo works against Croctastrophe but it's better to just lock the boss / sleep adds with Mewing Lullaby. Volt Strike cap damage with Frailty/Dia/Armor Break. Hardest part is to not break 50k dmg per BP (Pet DA proc is awful there) otherwise the boss loses Dia/Defense Down while using Noblesse Oblige.
It's 25k dmg per BP in VD, in our experience. Which is pretty hard not to exceed, and if you manage it, your run is going to be even slower than ours were.

Conduit is especially risky with adds up. On our first run, I got bopped by an add the moment I hit Convert because there had been like 6 hate resets in the last 10 seconds. Hence why we killed adds first on the second run, so we could Conduit worry-free.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-10-16 13:05:12  
it's 50k once you kill the first add and you should sleep them with Shiva. Conduit removes up to 30~40% of boss's hp in VD.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-10-16 18:01:31  
The threshold for lvl up is 40k actually. Since Volt Strike can reach 42k it can be wise to remove some BP dmg pieces or to use Predator Claws instead.
The boss has a small regain too but it's still super easy to lock it with Mewing Lullaby, adds don't seem to have regain.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-10-24 18:28:36  
R-ZERO ALL THE THINGS.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-10-29 12:03:32  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Frod said: »
SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.

Frod how many job points do you need to smn burn Vir'ava?

I'm at about 500 and was cruising along through all the Geas Fete nms just fine until I ran face first into that bish.
I suspect you should be able to do it at 500 JP with good gear and support, Bolster + Astral Flow + Astral Conduit > Flaming Crush spam. When I do this low-man, I do PLD+GEO+SMN

Frailty + Malaise

Thanks again Pergatory!

I did bolster geo malaise, entrust indi langour on august trust tank, and then indi refresh on myself and stood next to smn. and smn burned it with diablos.

next on smn burn all the things list... genbu!!!
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-11-01 09:19:35  
Genbu and Byakko went down like Glass Joe... they have tasted the fury of the SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS and said...

YouTube Video Placeholder

I feel like chicken tonight... like chicken tonight.

YouTube Video Placeholder

/does the two fingers pointing at his own eyes and then at Suzy
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [40 days between previous and next post]
By Pantafernando 2018-12-11 07:03:52  
Well, none started the ambuscade thread this month yet but i would like to ask in advance if its burnable or no.

Im kinda burned of so much burning on trolls. Hoping for a non burnable ambuscade so i can just burn my mats and move on
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-12-11 07:19:34  
Pantafernando said: »
Well, none started the ambuscade thread this month yet but i would like to ask in advance if its burnable or no.

Im kinda burned of so much burning on trolls. Hoping for a non burnable ambuscade so i can just burn my mats and move on

So far, seems like non-burnable. While I haven't participated yet, but the Japanese seem to be using Melee methods. (Based on their yells)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-12-18 08:23:17  
In case anyone is wondering, this month is burnable i think
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-12-18 09:42:56  
If nothing else I hear you can mewing lullaby it. SMN all the things!
By Pantafernando 2018-12-18 10:06:41  
Asura.Frod said: »
In case anyone is wondering, this month is burnable i think

How?

Burning thunderspark to clear adds fast?
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-18 12:49:49  
Adds respawn, so I don't think that would work.

I love me some SMN burn, but I don't really see how it would be practical this month. Maybe I'm missing something.
By Pantafernando 2018-12-18 14:34:02  
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Adds respawn, so I don't think that would work.

I love me some SMN burn, but I don't really see how it would be practical this month. Maybe I'm missing something.

I didnt do this month yet but reading the testimonies i guess if you have 2 smn one burning during each of the 2 waves it can remove all risks? It would depend on how much hp adds have.

Then just slowly hit boss till hes dead with bps skillchain combos (this is just a brainwashing prob will try something like that during weekend).
 Asura.Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-12-18 15:52:07  
Oh do they only repop the one time? If so then it could work but... that leaves not much Conduit for the boss itself. I suspect it'll be painfully slow. Like 20+ minutes versus under 10 for the melee method.

Also, because of Endeath, having just 1 tank could be iffy. For the brief periods where adds are up, good luck keeping Utsusemi up. Maybe a RUN/NIN tank using Battuta could reduce the risk there?
By Pantafernando 2018-12-19 03:53:26  
Back to the topic of endeath, i read automaton isnt affecred by it, is that true? If so i wonder if avatar isalso immune to that.

If all is true i guess you could do pup + smn strat. Still very slow if megaboss is suposed to have 20mil hp but resorting to smn would be a choice for safe wins, what suposelly can be done without triple reversal move i guess.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [122 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2019-04-19 19:25:08  
I said i was gonna do it.

SMN BURN ALL THE THINGS.
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-04-19 19:59:05