users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Ambuscade » Goblin Ambuscade V1
Goblin Ambuscade V1
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-11 01:39:59  
What about a bunch of Ninjas using Migawari to eat the bomb damage?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 01:41:21  
Well mr i swing 8 times kc dark rips shadows off basically instantly. Can't survive on him as nin.

I didn't try migawari though.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-11 01:44:19  
A few questions:

1) Can anybody confirm the job of the 4th goblin that pops up on VD? Is it a RUN or is it a BLM? (there are reports, from the original July 2016 fight, that the 4th was a BLM and that he was the only one sleepable)

2) Anybody noticed some hate reset mechanic? (in the july 2016 fight someone reported wonky hate stuff)

3) Does the DRK use Drain Spikes? Any suggested kill order?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-11 01:46:44  
Asura.Sechs said: »
A few questions:

1) Can anybody confirm the job of the 4th goblin that pops up on VD? Is it a RUN or is it a BLM? (there are reports, from the original July 2016 fight, that the 4th was a BLM and that he was the only one sleepable)

2) Anybody noticed some hate reset mechanic? (in the july 2016 fight someone reported wonky hate stuff)

3) Does the DRK use Drain Spikes? Any suggested kill order?

Don used Chainspell. Incanter used Manafont.

No hate reset that I saw.

Didn't see dread spikes.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-11 01:56:09  
If he used Manafont then I guess it's a BLM exactely like in the July 2016 fight and not a RUN like Ruaumoko initially reported.

I think Hate reset is probably connected to "united we fall", that strange move they use if you keep them too close to each other and that's why someone reported wonky hate in the original july 2016 fight.
 Phoenix.Rikimarueye
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Rikimarueye 2018-05-11 02:08:14  
The DRK does use Dread spikes. I've seen it use it multiple times :< It's easy to remove but you definitely don't want a DW job on it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-11 02:26:37  
Was messing around on N with some returning players and mules, far from ideal setups, but learned a few things for relatively painless wins (except for the WHM taking some for the team) even with a thrown together un-optimized group.

Tips/setup for NORMAL difficulty:
1) On N, Dirty Bomb is 4500 damage (Needles/split between party), so it's feasible to stack up to survive it. Potentially easier depending on how many pets/luopons you have. At the very least, most groups should be able to cluster up after the first mob is taken out, assuming the Don is tanked away from the group/other mobs and saved for last.

2) Our setup/strategy was:
- PLD tanking Boss near start
- PUP's automaton easily tanked the DRK off to one side (while the master fought with DDs).
- WHM curing (and some sacrifice)
- DD/support kill WAR > DRK > Boss. We had SAM WAR PUP, and the last slot at first was a GEO who eventually dropped for a SCH mule (obviously not ideal for DD buffs that run, but SCH at least helped by tossing some Accession Regen V/Stoneskins to help the DDs).
- Only need for a WHM sac was during the killing of the WAR mob, but once that died we just bunched up together and soaked up the needles while fighting the DRK and Don. Even a weakened WHM should be OK to eat the bomb damage with a decent idle set that has some HP+ gear (enough to enable the WHM to take their share of the bomb even if weakned) - e.g., Inyanga gear, Moonbeam cape, etc.)
- After a couple runs I realized you really should be able to go with a PUP tank, and have the automaton just tank the Don with no support (and in theory, no bomber? please confirm if this isn't accurate). Party then just kills the WAR > DRK > boss. Once you're on the Don, automaton may eventually lose hate to strong DDs, but you can all bunch up then anyway and survive Dirty Bomb.

Some points that might apply on all difficulty levels:

3) Mobs all seemed to WS together, calling a bomber at the same time. Some sort of shared TP?

4) Some job possibilities:
* SCH might be a good choice for solo healer/sacrifice, since they can throw out a long and potent Accession/Perpetuance Regen V to assist in the DDs' survival even when the SCH healer is occupied by getting killed and reraising. Should be just fine to handle the healing load too.

* Don't laugh now, this might be a good fight for MNK. High HP pool and Mantra are certainly helpful on the bombs, and low TP feed might be beneficial if there is indeed some sort of shared TP to trigger the bombers.

* PUP is nice as an off-tank particularly because you don't necessarily lose a whole DD body. Puppet can be deployed by itself while the master goes off to punch the currently targeted mob.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 02:28:20  
Monk would actually be really good for facerolling the darknight, those counters man.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-11 02:33:47  
MNK would be dangerous if Drain Spikes don't get dispelled fast though.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 02:35:34  
His dread spikes seem to be much weaker than normal. Been completely one-shot by Hanbi or Gestalt, but beat on the drk with spikes up for about a minute and didnt really get hurt.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-11 02:39:17  
Any chance at landing a Silence to keep dread spikes from being cast? I didn't even see it on my run, but I don't plan on entering again for a few days.
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-11 02:47:19  
Here you all go.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Intense VD cleared in about 5:00, 6:00 if you count time spent buffing.

RUN/RUN/RUN/WHM/GEO/BRD
I'd wager that jobs that can DPS while taking some hits (DNC, NIN, DRG, BLU etc) can fill the RUN slots but they have to be good and above all... communicate.

Pause the video at 1:42 to see the way we set up the battlefield to avoid aura effects. You may need to see it in full-screen mode to see it better.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 06:55:40  
Phoenix.Rikimarueye said: »
The DRK does use Dread spikes. I've seen it use it multiple times :< It's easy to remove but you definitely don't want a DW job on it.

Dread spikes hit my BLU for 10-15 per hit.

The DRK is a complete joke if its seperated from everything else.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 07:04:38  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I'm fairly confident you only "need" one tank for the Don (if even that? RUN wasn't taking much damage it seemed like) and DD's can tank and hold the other goblins just fine. Support just needs to keep refresh+ballad on WHM and everything should be good.

We didn't have three tanks, we had one *kinda* tank, Rua, and two DD's, me and Death. We used combinations of WAR, SAM and BLU at first, but the status ailments just slowed us down. So me and Death switched to Lionheart DD RUN's and went full blast on our mobs which went really quick because we resisted most of the ***. The WAR and DRK are very easy if you separate them, the fourth mob is a BLM and you just sleep him at the start.

Yes the BLM will use Goblin Dice which not only resets his enmity but makes him outright ignore everyone else except the Don's target. Funny thing is he doesn't give any Aura's either.
By Taint 2018-05-11 08:51:56  
Which tunes for the DPS RUNs?

When you tried SAM did he use a meva build? (Kenda etc)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 09:01:55  
Taint said: »
Which tunes for the DPS RUNs?

When you tried SAM did he use a meva build? (Kenda etc)

What are you asking about?

Death used his SAM which is very overpowered, the paralysis spam sucks *** and we would occasionally get hit as RUN's with ridiculous ice MEVD. The BRD and GEO were both /WHM and were originally spamming paralyna but after the RUN switch off was much less of an issue.

Original setup was WAR (death) + BLU (me), then SAM (death) + BLU (me), then eventually DD RUN x 2. I went BLU because I was afraid of dread spikes and wanted shadows, self heals and some dispel abilities. Was really attentive to dispel Dread Spikes until one time I missed it, freaked out, thought I was dead meat then noticed my Triple Attacking BLU was only getting hit for 20 damage per swing and the DRK would hit me for 5~25 damage per melee hit.

Interesting note, the DRK can also do Absorb-TP Spikes. You hit him and it absorbs some of your TP, something to watch out for.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-11 09:38:51  
Looking at a standard keyboard, he probably meant "runes"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-11 09:40:10  
I would have thought he was asking what songs the bard played.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-11 09:42:23  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

hahah i guess you could be right there.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 10:47:37  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Looking at a standard keyboard, he probably meant "runes"

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Which is why I asked lol.
By Taint 2018-05-11 10:51:52  
Yep Runes sorry using my phone to type.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 11:03:48  
Taint said: »
Yep Runes sorry using my phone to type.

Ignis x 3. We were able to avoid the vast majority of paralyze effects this way. The WHM is doing Barthundra + Barparalyra to help reduce the time on stun and paralyze.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 14:03:04  
Really gotta nail this bomber thing down.

Now that you posted a video every group I've joined today is already saying *** it lets do 3 runs.

Doesn't take long to immediately forgot all about trying to figure it out and go for the first thing that works.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 14:21:06  

(while on run)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-11 15:05:50  
Stupid question: if goblins are close enough to gain aura, do bombs still pop?
 Cerberus.Boogs
サーバ: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-05-11 15:13:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Stupid question: if goblins are close enough to gain aura, do bombs still pop?

Yes.
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-11 15:32:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Really gotta nail this bomber thing down.

Now that you posted a video every group I've joined today is already saying *** it lets do 3 runs.

Doesn't take long to immediately forgot all about trying to figure it out and go for the first thing that works.
Honestly, any 'tankier' DD can pull it off.

NIN, DNC, DRG, BLU
WAR with a Bravura
SAM with a good hybrid set
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 15:33:40  
That doesnt matter though. You posted the video, now its all anyone cares about.

It doesnt matter what can work, it matters what did work and then thats the only way it gets done, until someone finds a faster safer way.

The power of the sheep is overwhelming.
By Zackan 2018-05-11 15:38:08  
So blm is unwantex for party this month?
By Ruaumoko 2018-05-11 15:43:48  
That doesnt matter though. You posted the video, now its all anyone cares about.

The power of the sheep is overwhelming.

The power - is overwhelming.

[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 9 10 11