Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 121 122 123
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-06-19 21:29:23  
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Didn't believe that it could still happen in 2020, with GS and all, but managed to shoot my Hauksbok Bullet today in Dyna. RIP.

Sad :(. It still irks me to no avail how utterly clueless SE is about fixing this(Shooting rare/ex ammo) from happening and making for an easy way to replace it if it does. There is literally a 100 ways they could address this but anytime its mentioned on the official forums its “working as intended”. Utter ignorant nonsense.

Just wanted to say how much I agree with this. Ammo works so strangely in this game and with zero consistency. For example, Quick Draw does damage but does not use ammo, but Bounty Shot does not deal damage, only applies a status(TH) and does use ammo (how I lost my arrow was using Bounty Shot while in a RNG Savage Blade Build). And SE never answer jack about it. Seems like they could just code r/e ammo as "not ammo" so it doesn't work for /ra attacks or /jas. The code doesn't care what the graphic is- it can look like a bullet or arrow all it once but it doesn't need to have the mechanics of one.
 Asura.Epigram
サーバ: Asura
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-06-19 22:44:04  
Hell, they could just give us a stack. It would help out non-REMA cor/rng more than anything else; and make the bow a bit more viable.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-06-20 04:49:20  
I think the way the game is programmed, non-throwable/usable weapons count as a different weapon type and you can't use them with guns.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-06-20 05:59:36  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Didn't believe that it could still happen in 2020, with GS and all, but managed to shoot my Hauksbok Bullet today in Dyna. RIP.
People have been complaining for years even with Gearswap that they sometimes have lost their Animikii Bullet(same difference as your bullet). I've been playing multiple CORs for years in the same highly laggy areas such as Dynamis Div were hell sometimes your gear never swaps after cast or Ambu and have never lost my bullet on any character even if I spammed the ***out of my macro not realizing for a bit what was going on. I'm starting to wonder if people just are not programming their Lua that well for stopping it.

Mind posting what you have to block any special bullet in your Lua?
[+]
 Asura.Aller
user: AsAller
By Asura.Aller 2020-06-22 12:31:49  
Would someone be willing to share their accuracy sets for wave 3 dynamis D? What number should I be shooting for?
By Weeew 2020-06-22 13:22:42  
Asura.Aller said: »
Would someone be willing to share their accuracy sets for wave 3 dynamis D? What number should I be shooting for?

Assuming you are using a melee Savage Blade for W3 trash and fetters, I use 1235 in my high accuracy set without food or buffs. We usually have 1 accuracy roll and HM also using a RDM for distract 3 and geo-torpor. No hunter's or geo acc buffs. Never have any issues capping accuracy. (edit: I use sublime sushi NQ)

For wave 3 boss assuming you killed all fetters and are using leaden (Rostam+Tauret) I use my low accuracy set which has 1200 accuracy. Only 1 brd acc roll and no torpor needed.
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-06-22 14:47:58  
Yes, thanks that is what I was looking for. We are starting to talk about w3 and have been having some accuracy issues in VD ambu, so I started looking into it.

After some adjustments, it is sitting at ~1247
weapons: Naegling/Rostam
Code
sets.engaged.DW.Acc = {
		head="Malignance Chapeau",neck="Iskur Gorget",ear1="Sherida Earring",ear2="Mache Earring +1",
		body="Malignance Tabard",hands="Malignance Gloves",ring1="Chirich Ring +1",ring2="Chirich Ring +1",
		back=gear.tp_jse_back,waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",legs="Malignance Tights",feet=gear.herculean_tp_feet
	}

still missing 5/5 malig
By Weeew 2020-06-22 15:59:10  
Yes, thanks that is what I was looking for. We are starting to talk about w3 and have been having some accuracy issues in VD ambu, so I started looking into it.

Code
sets.engaged.DW.Acc = {
		head="Malignance Chapeau",neck="Iskur Gorget",ear1="Sherida Earring",ear2="Mache Earring +1",
		body="Malignance Tabard",hands="Malignance Gloves",ring1="Chirich Ring +1",ring2="Chirich Ring +1",
		back=gear.tp_jse_back,waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",legs="Malignance Tights",feet=gear.herculean_tp_feet
	}

still missing 5/5 malig

Your set seems very heavy on STP with no multi attack. Im guessing you have DW+10 on cape? You need 11 DW to cap even if you are haste capped. If you are getting 12% DT from your Rostam in off-hand then you wouldn't need full malignance for hybrid purposes and I would probably use adhemar hands and maybe even body. Can also swap out the tights for Meghanada +2.

This is what I use 95% of the time for high accuracy on wave 3 with Naegling & Blurred +1:

head="Malignance Chapeau",
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
legs="Meg. Chausses +2",
feet={ name="Herculean Boots", augments={'Accuracy+22 Attack+22','"Triple Atk."+3','AGI+2','Accuracy+11','Attack+10',}},
neck="Combatant's Torque",
waist="Windbuffet Belt +1",
left_ear="Telos Earring",
right_ear="Cessance Earring",
left_ring="Petrov Ring",
right_ring="Chirich ring +1",
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','"Dual Wield"+10','Damage taken-5%',}},

If we are not getting any geo-wilt and I am pulling alot of hate I would sometimes offhand a Rostam or swap in Malignance Body.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-06-22 16:23:44  
Overcapping by 5 is generally going to be worse than undercapping by 1. You're also not capping haste in that set.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-06-22 16:34:01  
Code
	main="Naegling",
    sub="Blurred Knife +1",
    range={ name="Anarchy +2",},
	ammo="Living Bullet",
    head="Malignance Chapeau",
    body={ name="Adhemar Jacket +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    hands={ name="Adhemar Wrist. +1", augments={'DEX+12','AGI+12','Accuracy+20',}},
    legs={ name="Carmine Cuisses +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Attack+12','"Dual Wield"+6',}},
    feet="Malignance Boots",
    neck="Lissome Necklace",
    waist="Kentarch Belt +1",
    left_ear="Telos Earring",
    right_ear="Mache Earring +1",
    left_ring="Chirich Ring +1",
    right_ring="Epona's Ring",
    back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Damage taken-5%',}},

1270 here. I go as /NIN, Carmine pants help keep DW capped and are 55 accuracy in itself, but leave me 1% haste short.

In hindsight I'd probably re-do this set and put Malignance pants instead and just keep Suppa earring on. I haven't done W3 in months.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2020-06-22 16:43:14  

Code
sets.engaged.DW.Acc = {
	}

still missing 5/5 malig

Just wanted to point out COR doesn't get Sherida Earring, so that slot probably isn't changing from your idle piece.
[+]
By Afania 2020-06-22 17:06:35  

Code
sets.engaged.DW.Acc = {
	}

still missing 5/5 malig

There's accuracy swaps in the guide on the 1st page. I believe they have things covered.

A few things:
1)Carmine head/legs combo has very high acc and that comes with 5 dw, which caps DW with adhemar body. HOWEVER swapping out max samuha legs for carmine legs is bigger dps lose than other slots. I personally just keep samuha legs unless I absolutely need accuracy.

2)If you do max acc swaps, the ideal augment on the back piece is usually DA+10. Although path B rostam may change that slightly.

3)Make sure a dt set that matches your high acc set too. I made that mistake once, as soon as I swap to dt set my acc dropped.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-22 17:08:40  
Another option: I use Olseni Belt when I REALLY need acc. Pretty sure it's still the highest for acc in the waist slot.
By Afania 2020-06-22 17:09:59  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Overcapping by 5 is generally going to be worse than undercapping by 1. You're also not capping haste in that set.

Haste/DW isnt the only issue in that set. Keeping petrov but swapping out eponas for chirich +1 is weird. Petrov and chirich+1 is nearly identical when it comes to dps, you can swap out petrov for chirich+1 and it won't make any difference. If you only have 1 chirich ring, epona is the better ring to keep.

Last time when I checked acc swap order from least dps lose to highest it was >Petrov to chirich hq > Epona to Chirich hq > windbuffet to olseni > Adhemar head hq to carmine head hq > telos > Iskur to lissome > mache earring hq > Iskur to acc neck > samuha legs to carmine hq. Not sure if anything has changed.

I did not check the Earring from DI since it's long time ago. Also the order may change slightly depending on your main hand weapon.

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
1270 here. I go as /NIN, Carmine pants help keep DW capped and are 55 accuracy in itself, but leave me 1% haste short.

It's really easy to cap haste in high accuracy set because carmine head hq has 8% haste. Carmine head, legs, adhemar body, hands, herd feet caps haste and has tons of acc.
[+]
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-06-22 17:56:33  
Afania said: »
3)Make sure a dt set that matches your high acc set too. I made that mistake once, as soon as I swap to dt set my acc dropped.

What do you mean by this?
By Afania 2020-06-22 18:10:39  

What do you mean by this?

If your TP set has, let's say, 1275 acc, your DT set also needs 1275. It's easy to forget checking dt set accuracy. Same goes for ws.
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-06-22 21:44:46  
so does an accurate DT set sacrifice haste/DW then? or is this some combo that you can cap all?
 Asura.Aller
By Asura.Aller 2020-06-22 21:47:42  
Last time when I checked acc swap order from least dps lose to highest it was >Petrov to chirich hq > Epona to Chirich hq > windbuffet to olseni > Adhemar head hq to carmine head hq > telos > Iskur to lissome > mache earring hq > Iskur to acc neck > samuha legs to carmine hq. Not sure if anything has changed.

where would one check this?
By Afania 2020-06-23 00:27:22  
so does an accurate DT set sacrifice haste/DW then?

No, always cap haste/dw/acc for engaged DT set. Its stp, multi attack that you should be sacrificing for DT.

where would one check this?

Spreadsheet
 Asura.Inukichan
user: 3rbii
By Asura.Inukichan 2020-07-02 11:48:31  
For rostam path a , equipped in main hand, does (Chance of double damage +50%) affect dagger ws's or would it also work on ranged damage / ranged weapon skills?
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-02 12:11:40  
It for sure does not effect ranged and I’m 99% sure it does nothing on any WSs.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-02 12:31:38  
If it worked on WS, then they would generally be the best weapon for most jobs.
By SimonSes 2020-07-02 15:56:12  
Asura.Inukichan said: »
For rostam path a , equipped in main hand, does (Chance of double damage +50%) affect dagger ws's or would it also work on ranged damage / ranged weapon skills?

Its only double damage for melee hits. I doesn't do anything for any WS, both dagger and ranged.
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-07-07 12:53:03  
This might be an Afania level of masochism, but is there any downside to using the anrin obi over the hachirin? I'm trying to avoid losing damage in dyna on lightsday.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2020-07-07 12:57:27  
Not really, so if you're into that sick ***, go for it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Punchmage
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Homsar
By Bismarck.Punchmage 2020-07-11 00:07:32  
In what situations would I find myself using Fomalhaut? I've been playing COR with nothing but DP/Anarchy +2 for awhile now. I'm at BiS gear for most stuff, , R15'd DP, maxed out my Rostams and Charm +2, and am now debating getting Fomalhaut, but am having trouble picturing when I would use it. Can anyone offer any insight?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-07-11 00:10:25  
uhhh when you use last stand...
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-07-11 00:37:19  
If you want to make Umbra or Radiance, you want the bullets, anytime you need physical dmg and ranged.
 Bismarck.Punchmage
user: Homsar
By Bismarck.Punchmage 2020-07-11 02:50:55  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
uhhh when you use last stand...

Shiva.Eightball said: »
If you want to make Umbra or Radiance, you want the bullets, anytime you need physical dmg and ranged.

I get that, but what specific content would this typically be done in? Omen? Reisen HELMs? I've never needed it in Dynamis.
 Bismarck.Felicix
user: Felicix
By Bismarck.Felicix 2020-07-11 03:16:40  
Last Stand is very potent in Dyna Sandy when pulling green eyes. It also does wonders when it closes light ws against bosses. Finally w2 zone boss and subsequent w3 Leaden is useless and LS shines there as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 71 72 73 ... 121 122 123