言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 121 122 123
By Nyarlko 2018-12-07 13:39:36  
How does the heal on Rostam work exactly? If this has been answered before, I didn't find it when looking thru the thread. :(
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-12-07 13:48:36  
Nyarlko said: »
How does the heal on Rostam work exactly? If this has been answered before, I didn't find it when looking thru the thread. :(
I believe it heals when you hit an 11 on double-up.
By Nyarlko 2018-12-07 15:32:20  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

Does it only affect you or the whole party? It's listed as a percent, is that based off your hp/mp or each party member's if it is AOE?
 Asura.Akaden
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Akaden 2018-12-07 17:15:41  

Does it only affect you or the whole party? It's listed as a percent, is that based off your hp/mp or each party member's if it is AOE?
Not AoE. It only healed me (perhaps only Corsairs wearing Rostam, I don't have two characters with one to test, but that's how the DT works).
So pretty pointless, IMO. I think they just couldn't come up with anything more interesting than that for a third slot and so just slapped it on.
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2018-12-07 22:54:11  
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
For the Neak fights, we use BoG Frailty + entrust Fury for every fight and I believe either Samurai + Chaos was used, possibly Samurai + Fighter's. Addons are used to engage, to weapon skill and to apply debuffs. The only manual input is buffs between fights. It's very mechanical. The white damage split results were the same and Masa never outparsed Doji.

To be fair, when I replicated the exact same thing I always got Masa ahead. I've parsed hundreds, if not thousands, of Neaks farming Taupe stones/ores.

With that said, I agree with everything else about spreadsheets being significantly off, esp when it comes to melee damage, but when Austar released his sims, it only confirmed Masa was superior when only spamming Fudo(pre-augments).
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-08 16:00:29  
Asura.Akaden said: »

Not AoE. It only healed me (perhaps only Corsairs wearing Rostam, I don't have two characters with one to test, but that's how the DT works).
So pretty pointless, IMO. I think they just couldn't come up with anything more interesting than that for a third slot and so just slapped it on.

Sigh... they just can't let us have fun things, can they? :(
 Valefor.Gorns
サーバ: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-12-10 02:46:40  
Hades.Dade said: »
Valefor.Gorns said: »
H...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Phantom_Roll has list of values for +1 roll. For most common rolls, it adds 3.12% attack to chaos and 4 stp to sam roll. If you don't have regal neck then path C is massive upgrade. If you do its less of a big deal but it does have the draw of easy 100% crooked up time.

There are 2 reasons its not super hyped:
1. Requires to swap out mainhand to roll which is annoying.
2. It doesnt add near as much personal dmg as A or B.

If you only play cor in group content and especially lolsmn nonsense then C is prob best path for you. If you solo/lowman on cor a lot its a pretty meh aug.

Asura.Akaden said: »
Valefor.Gorns said: »
Personally, I went Path C first. To me, COR is *always* support first, DD second. The +1 phantom roll over regal is minimal, but useful. But most important to me is the +60 second roll duration. It means it's easily possible to achieve 10 minute rolls with comfortable group 2 merits. And with that, it means you can achieve perfect crooked cards rotation.
Next up for me is probably the Store TP path. It's not BIS for melee (follow up attack is), but it's also not far off. And it works for both ranged TP and melee TP.

Thanx for the replies guys.

Actually just got the Regal Necklace yesterday night, now I feel like being a real COR :)
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-12-10 04:49:44  
What's the difference between Follow up attack and Occasionally attacks twice?
By Nariont 2018-12-10 05:38:12  
Follow up occurs at the end of an attack round, allowing it to "stack" with other multi attack procs, while oat occurs in the same area as qa/ta/da and procs last.
[+]
By Timmm 2018-12-12 20:14:00  
Why is Adhemar head recommended over Herc for melee tp? Seems Herc can get considerably more acc/dex and same triple in exchange for the crit bonuses.
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-12-12 20:51:33  
Good luck getting a Herc helm that can beat Adhemar Bonnet +1. And I know nobody cares about Subtle Blow +8, but they should.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-13 05:26:55  
So....Added eletta dagger on the spreadsheet, as suspected, it beats both rostam and blurred, by a lot.

It's at least 500 dps ahead of blurred and close to 300 ahead of rostam, so good....I guess SE did buff cor this update, after all.

However as physical DD cor is further behind. The buff is on the magic side.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-12-13 06:00:11  
10 MAB really adds that much? Why does it push it over options like Atoyac? Accuracy, I'm guessing?
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-13 08:17:50  
Saw a claim that the +magic damage from weapons only works for mainhand and not offhand, but the dmg calculation sheets imply otherwise. I don't have a great way to test myself, yall know if that's true or not?
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-12-13 08:19:31  
Afania said: »
So....Added eletta dagger on the spreadsheet, as suspected, it beats both rostam and blurred, by a lot.

It's at least 500 dps ahead of blurred and close to 300 ahead of rostam, so good....I guess SE did buff cor this update, after all.

Can you elaborate for me please? Are you saying the Eletta DAgger is BiS for magic WS's now?
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-12-13 09:40:40  
Asura.Trumpet said: »
Saw a claim that the +magic damage from weapons only works for mainhand and not offhand, but the dmg calculation sheets imply otherwise. I don't have a great way to test myself, yall know if that's true or not?

Weapon skill+ only applies to the weapon itself. Outside of RMEA, and very specific stats like TP Bonus, I'm pretty sure that everything else works in offhand.

I'm at work and can't verify, but should be pretty simple to verify w/ a DW'ing nuker.

DW clubs, offhand w/ no/low mdmg+.
Nuke something w/ a T1 nuke.
Swap in mdmg+ offhand (but with no INT, no MAB), nuke it again.

Do it a few times so that you are sure that you are getting no resists. If damage goes up, then you know for sure it does.
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-13 10:11:32  

Weapon skill+ only applies to the weapon itself. Outside of RMEA, and very specific stats like TP Bonus, I'm pretty sure that everything else works in offhand.

I'm at work and can't verify, but should be pretty simple to verify w/ a DW'ing nuker.

DW clubs, offhand w/ no/low mdmg+.
Nuke something w/ a T1 nuke.
Swap in mdmg+ offhand (but with no INT, no MAB), nuke it again.

Do it a few times so that you are sure that you are getting no resists. If damage goes up, then you know for sure it does.

I... didn't even think to just test it on a different job, oops. Thank you!
By Afania 2018-12-13 10:17:20  
Asura.Suteru said: »
10 MAB really adds that much? Why does it push it over options like Atoyac? Accuracy, I'm guessing?

It's 10 mab 217 mdmg.

Atoyac doesn't have mdmg.

Never seen any test about mdmg not working offhand, link?

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »

Can you elaborate for me please? Are you saying the Eletta DAgger is BiS for magic WS's now?

I meant offhand. For both melee and shooting if your ws is leaden.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-12-13 10:31:49  
So would that mean rostam/eletta combination for leads?
By Afania 2018-12-13 10:33:13  
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
So would that mean rostam/eletta combination for leads?

Yeah, unless it's proven that mdmg doesn't work offhand.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-13 10:41:23  

Does Eletta have an augment or something? Rostam has the same magic damage, you're basically dropping 20 m.acc and 12-24 DT for 10 MAB, which is a much worse deal than herc hands vs carmine. Never mind if you're actually meleeing and losing all the accuracy too.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-13 10:41:54  
Never seen any test about mdmg not working offhand, link?

It's not testing I can link to, it was a reddit comment that got me doubting lol. I'm going to test it myself once I get home from work today
By Afania 2018-12-13 10:56:49  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

Does Eletta have an augment or something? Rostam has the same magic damage, you're basically dropping 20 m.acc and 12-24 DT for 10 MAB, which is a much worse deal than herc hands vs carmine. Never mind if you're actually meleeing and losing all the accuracy too.

If you need macc or dt-, obviously you can still use 2 rostam. And I can see it being very beneficial on volte.

But they are not always required. Macc doesn't do anything if resist doesn't happen, outside of volte which content needs macc? Wave 1 2 and wave 3 boss doesn't seem to resist much with stewpot or repast.

In terms of dt-, my normal tp set already has 22 mdt full time(rostam + mdt ambu tp back ), with whm shellra and shelter ring it should be capped. And shadows block every physical tp move in dyna. So IMO 2nd rostam has limited gain for survivability.

Ambuscade dagger has much lower delay than rostam, so the extra dps isnt just 10 mab I think.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-13 11:00:54  
9 less delay, but 22 less damage, 20 less accuracy, and 38 less skill on that hand. That wasn't what I asked though, 10 MAB is not 300 dps. Does the spreadsheet not have rostam's magic damage or something..?
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-13 11:08:02  
9 less delay, but 22 less damage, 20 less accuracy, and 38 less skill on that hand. That wasn't what I asked though, 10 MAB is not 300 dps. Does the spreadsheet not have rostam's magic damage or something..?

It has.

Melee cor using leaden and r15 dp has over 8500 dps on spreadsheet, so that aimplified things a bit. 250 to 300 dps has more weight if total dps is only 3000, and vice versa.

White Dmg is mostly irrelevant in leaden spam situations. You won't even have the attack buffs on yourself (ideally, I tend to cycle out chaos roll if I have time), and malaise amplifies leaden damage so that made white Dmg even less relevant.

The ws avg with storms is 39477 v.s 38305. You can check the ws avg with chiaia's ws calculator to see if that number is incorrect.

Rostam was barely better than rapier +1 before and ambu dagger has much lower delay and higher ws avg than rapier. So I'm not nearly as surprised as you lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-13 11:17:12  
Napkin math seems to agree, wow. Still wouldn't consider it a replacement or upgrade in general, only an option for extremely weak content where you are also buffed. Take away malaise or add capped pdif and it shrinks away to essentially nothing. Never mind if you have any death risk, where you gain 150 hp and huge chunks of DT.
By Afania 2018-12-13 11:23:00  
Napkin math seems to agree, wow. Still wouldn't consider it a replacement or upgrade in general, only an option for extremely weak content where you are also buffed. Take away malaise or add capped pdif and it shrinks away to essentially nothing.

Opinions, lol.

I didn't use malaise on spreadsheet, it doesn't have the option. In terms of skill, it can't be worse than a fettering blade(b-) which many people still use. It's not like cor has acc issue with buffs unless doing wave 3 volte.

I would personally consider this default offhand for magical ws, and su5 being more of a macc, acc or dt- swap.

And yeah it's certainly an upgrade, more dmg is more dmg, especially for cor since melee isnt the only playstyle, but also ranged ws spam and close SC in mage pt. So your points about offhand acc and survivability matters less from bigger perspective if other setups are considered.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-12-13 11:29:44  
Opinions for sure, I don't see a point in worrying about 3% damage on trash content. DT makes my life easier. Regardless, I acknowledged it's higher DPS in the conditions you specified, everything else is subjective.

When they buff it again next month, I'll probably pick one up for light stuff.
By Timmm 2018-12-13 12:48:03  
Shiva.Arislan said: »
Good luck getting a Herc helm that can beat Adhemar Bonnet +1. And I know nobody cares about Subtle Blow +8, but they should.

Is that all, though? Cuz a Jinxed head cost about the same as 2,600 fern stone attempts, which I would think is pretty likely to get you something good eventually. And I'm surprised if that's the case, because while DM augs aren't considered, there's a whole lot of spots on there that are suggesting herc with pretty perfect augments.

And yeah the subtle blow is nice, but it's not something you'd consider to beat out a bunch of accuracy for a bis list.
By SimonSes 2018-12-13 13:06:05  
Timmm said: »
Shiva.Arislan said: »

Is that all, though? Cuz a Jinxed head cost about the same as 2,600 fern stone attempts, which I would think is pretty likely to get you something good eventually. And I'm surprised if that's the case, because while DM augs aren't considered, there's a whole lot of spots on there that are suggesting herc with pretty perfect augments.

And yeah the subtle blow is nice, but it's not something you'd consider to beat out a bunch of accuracy for a bis list.

If anything why not Dampening Tam?
3QA > 4TA
34 DEX > 33 DEX
35 acc > 20 acc
It has 8% Subtle blow too and also 4%MDT.
First Page 2 3 ... 37 38 39 ... 121 122 123