First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-08-02 09:51:14  
Meeeeeep said: »
Positive, it only happened after I got regal neck and I've tried it without any other roll duration gear on.
Timer's doesn't pick up Regal Neck, +2 Relic Hat, nor +3 Relic Hat. I'll submit a issue on Windower's issue tracker.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-08-02 10:20:47  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
So I'm having a weird issue with the Timers plugin and Phantom Roll.
Every roll duration increase from gear, merits, etc. has correctly been tracked by the Timers plugin for COR rolls.
However I recently got Regal necklace and have noticed that the timers for my Phantom roll displayed on the addon are not correctly factoring in the duration bonus from Regal.

Has anyone else had/fixed this issue? It's been throwing me off since I got it.

Are you sure it's that and not a Relic +2/3 upgrade? All my timers are off due to Relic +2/3. Rdm Buffs, Cor Rolls.

Positive, it only happened after I got regal neck and I've tried it without any other roll duration gear on.
If i may i would suggest you just use the ingame timmers.
the plugging is ccounting up, the ingame are counting down and take it all into consideration. i find it much easier to manage with the count-down
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-08-02 12:30:50  
Asura.Ajirha said: »
the plugging is ccounting up, the ingame are counting down and take it all into consideration. i find it much easier to manage with the count-down
timers does count down. i know people like it because say u handling more then 2 rolls it'll show what's left for a roll you no longer have on yourself so that you can re-roll that other person before it wears off of them

you're thinking of "StatusTimer" I'm guessing which wouldn't even care about gear/merits/etc
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-03 01:25:55  

Getting this out of the way now at least.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-08-03 07:47:45  
Asura.Suteru said: »

Asura.Suteru said: »

Welcome to the arm cannon club!!
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-08-03 11:24:15  
nice DP selfie. Good location and angle, and donn'ed the tricorne for it of course.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-08-03 12:59:38  
Congratulations Suteru. Good to see you finishing that.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-03 14:52:55  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
nice DP selfie. Good location and angle, and donn'ed the tricorne for it of course.

You say that like the tricorne isn't always lockstyled.
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-08-03 15:06:11  
Tricorne or eyepatch are mandatory. No swashbuckling allowed without em.
By Aerix 2018-08-03 15:30:40  
So just to confirm: while the DT- on Rostam works in offhand, the other stats (HP, Acc, Racc etc.) do not similar to relics?
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-03 16:00:22  
I don't think there's been any testing to indicate that the other stats don't work in offhand. Should be pretty easy to do with checkparam.
By Aerix 2018-08-03 17:07:34  
Just checked the update thread again. Toralin only got secondhand info about the DT working only in mainhand and Zeroburning was apparently making false claims altogether.

So can it safely be assumed the stats DO work in offhand after all?
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-03 17:27:38  
I don't think Zero was making false claims. It might have been a mistake, or the BRD dagger might just work differently than the COR dagger. No additional verification has been done for either weapon. I think it's safe to assume you get the other stats in the offhand unless otherwise noted.
By Aerix 2018-08-03 19:54:53  
He said he tested both COR and BRD daggers. And testing DT is very straightforward with 1000 Needles, so I'm not sure how he could make any mistakes with that.
By Afania 2018-08-05 01:02:06  
Since there are several questions about COR solo multi step back in the past, decided to play with multi step SC and weapon swapping since bored at nigh.

I believe this is currently the most powerful, best solo 4 step radiance on cor:

(Start with Raetic(+1)/Blurred +1/TP bonus)evisceration > (swap to Hep. Sapara +1/blurred+1/TP bonus) Savage Blade > (swap to Odium/Blurred +1 or blurred +1 x2) Last stand > (keep the same weapon) > Last Stand

Tested on Apex bat in dho gate, even without dia4(since I pull with QD I normally don't have charges left), brd, geo, def- steps and absolutely minial buff, each bat dies in 4 WS and occassionally just 3.

Compare with Last stand > numbing shot > last stand > last stand > last stand 5 step, this combo is less risky on numbing shot missing since every WS is at least 2 hit or more. And 4 steps are always easier to connect than 5 steps.

Compare with evisceration > exenterator > last stand > last stand, 4 step, the only difference is savage blade as 2nd connecting ws, which hits 3 to 4 times harder than exenterator.

Because of how aeonic aftermath works, you don't need to equip fomalhaut at the start, so I swap in tp bonus gun on first 2 melee WS for max damage and only swap in fomalhaut for last stand, it'll generate radiance from AM1 anyways.

swapping the weapons in and out for 2nd WS savage blade makes huge difference because we all know how strong TP bonus is.

The ideal SJ for multi stepping is DNC as always.

I'm still playing with different trust combo like using trust for chaos roll and use allies roll on myself, and wanted to see how fast i can solo higher lv apex than dho gate ones.
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2018-08-07 11:21:33  
Quick question, but do the new SU3 Oshosi gear give normal shots a chance to Double/Tripple shot on single shot? Or do I need triple shot active and it then boosts the chance of a 2-3 hit? Trying to build a ranged shooting set. Also kind of same lines as Chasseur's frac +1. Is that any shot having chance at shooting 3x or just boosts the triple shot ability up 12%?
 Sylph.Oraen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-08-07 11:23:55  
Only while the corresponding JA is active.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-07 11:50:31  
Quote:
Compare with Last stand > numbing shot > last stand > last stand > last stand 5 step, this combo is less risky on numbing shot missing since every WS is at least 2 hit or more. And 4 steps are always easier to connect than 5 steps.

You don't have to 5 step that- it'll still do Radiance without that first Last Stand.
[+]
 Asura.Lotmorning
By Asura.Lotmorning 2018-08-07 11:53:13  
bummer, thanks for the quick reply. I was pretty sure had to have ability active, but was hoping it might be something SE added to help gain tp faster with having small % to shoot 2x or even 3x with normal shots
By Afania 2018-08-07 11:58:40  
Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:

You don't have to 5 step that- it'll still do Radiance without that first Last Stand.

Yeah you are right, my bad. they probably have somewhat equalish output as a result.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-08-07 16:39:00  
Afania said: »
(Start with Raetic(+1)/Blurred +1/TP bonus)evisceration > (swap to Hep. Sapara +1/blurred+1/TP bonus) Savage Blade > (swap to Odium/Blurred +1 or blurred +1 x2) Last stand > (keep the same weapon) > Last Stand

Both Wildfire and Leaden Salute occupy the same slot as Evisceration in that 4-step if magic damage isn't going to be resisted.

Edit: I just did my last 200 or so JP on Outer Rakaznar apex bats using that 4 step with a 4 song (no honor march) brd and Sylvie (UC). About 50% of the time the 4 step would kill it, sometimes, just for kicks I'd do Last Stand > Wildfire > Savage Blade > Last Stand > Last Stand if I knew entrust was down or something.

Edit: I just fulltimed Hep. Sapara +1/NQ Blurred/Fomalhaut
By Afania 2018-08-07 16:52:01  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Afania said: »

Both Wildfire and Leaden Salute occupy the same slot as Evisceration in that 4-step if magic damage isn't going to be resisted.

Edit: I just did my last 200 or so JP on Outer Rakaznar apex bats using that 4 step with a 4 song (no honor march) brd and Sylvie (UC). About 50% of the time the 4 step would kill it, sometimes, just for kicks I'd do Last Stand > Wildfire > Savage Blade > Last Stand > Last Stand if I knew entrust was down or something.

Edit: I just fulltimed Hep. Sapara +1/NQ Blurred/Fomalhaut

In my original quote, i said "physical". I just happened to remove it, my bad.

Yeah, if you are fighting a target that doesn't resist magical damage, feel free to use leaden. It's much stronger than evis normally.

But I was mostly testing out multi step with physical dmg for things like ambu and just happened to choose apex mobs as target because they are easy to reach.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-07 19:15:20  
What's the best/cheapeast/laziest shootie gun I can get since there is zero chance of using meleecor for this months ambuscade.

Holiday?
By Afania 2018-08-07 19:16:07  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What's the best/cheapeast/laziest shootie gun I can get since there is zero chance of using meleecor for this months ambuscade.

Holiday?

Holiday, thought you said you have all aeonics.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-07 19:18:06  
"I" do. "I" already got "my" points.

Homestead gun looking pretty good for zero effort and 130D though
By Afania 2018-08-07 19:25:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
"I" do. "I" already got "my" points.

Homestead gun looking pretty good for zero effort and 130D though

Admittedly never really consider it since you can get DMG augment on reisen weapons. But yeah it doesn't seem horribad if you want something in an instant.
By Afania 2018-08-10 12:30:04  
Since the shield mechanic of this months ambu VD requires a crit hit build to do damage on the NM, decided to do some math about optimal crit hit build to gain TP as fast as possible with triple shot.

Here is the set that I've found with the highest total critical hit when TS is up.

ItemSet 360485
Assuming 5% crit rate base, 5% from merit, 17% from lucky rogues roll, 3% from fencer.

Total crit rate in this set: 87% (70% base + 17% from rolls)
68% TS rate (34% QS, 34% TS)

Total shots fire off in 100 /ra: 270
270 x 0.87 = 234 shots will crit.

Compare with max crit rate set by removing Lanun +3 hands and switch to Mummu +2 hands.

Total crit rate: 93%
Total TS rate: 68%

Total shots fire off in 100 /ra: 236
236 x 0.93= 219 shots will crit

What will happen if I keep Lanun +3 hands, but remove Mummu head (lowest crit rate in this set) for Oshosi +1 head to push for more multi shot?

Total crit: 82% (87% - 5% = 82%)
Total TS: 73% (68% + 5% = 73%)

Total shots fire off in 100 /ra: 282
282 x 0.82 = 231 shots will crit

Compare with a set focus on multi shot like this:

ItemSet 360489
Total crit rate: 57% (40% base+ 17% rogues)
Total shots fire off in 100 /ra: 327
327 x 0.57 = 186 shots will crit

Since the set with Oshosi head +1 is pretty close with the set with mummu head +2, I decided to do another calculation in the situation that player has 15% base crit instead of 10% (extra 5% could come from AGI buffs etc), and 31% crit (CC rogue No.11 with job bonus proc) from rogues instead of 17%

Set 1 total crit rate:
100%
270 shots will crit.

Set 2 total crit rate:
100%
282 shots will crit.

Conclusion:
If you have above avg crit rate buffs from rogues, use crit-hit gears in every slot but swap in lanun +3 hands for QS proc.

If you have extremely high number from rogues roll and capping crit hit rate then swap out Mummu head +2 for Oshosi for more TS. Or other slots with even more TS if you are still capped on crit-hit rate.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-08-10 18:10:55  
It's been like 6 years since I've overhauled my GearSwap, how do I set the default item for elementalObi if it's not actually a weather status? Can I change what the default is depending on if it's Quick Draw or Leaden Salute or Wildfire?

(using the GS that's in the OP)
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-08-10 23:10:10  
Looks like that one doesn't really use default variables, so just set the appropriate item in the gear set.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-11 03:03:42  
Did [Hot Shot] get Ninja Nerfed post update?

The other day was doing Omen and usually I hit 40-70k on fodders.
Now its doing between 25-38k ... Same Set and conditions/mobs.

Could be extreme lag, but wanted to make sure if anyone experienced the same thing.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 121 122 123