フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2023-12-08 15:20:07  
Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Earp is a huge gift to CORs. There's a lot more than just DMG/delay numbers regarding it...stage 4 has the ODD and stage 5 has ODT (occ. deals double/triple dmg) on your regular shots, and Terminus has some real teeth to it.

Fomalhaut has zero boosts to regular shots, and Last Stand can't keep up with Earp's WS. If you're serious about COR, its really a great weapon and will easily become your 1st choice on anything where physical dmg is used.

On my Stage 3 (700k more to Stage 4) and i can 100% agree, this Gun is amazing, and i think it will be really good when i can use it outside. I have all the 3 Guns, and I am curious if it will give Armageddon a run or not, it might just.
[+]
By Veydal1 2023-12-08 15:27:37  
I hate that it even has to be asked, but how does it compare to Savage dmg? I suppose there are cases where you wouldn't be able / want to use Savage, but when both are an option, how do they compare?
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2023-12-08 15:32:43  
The bullet is excellent as well. That -50 emnity is great for not pulling hate on savage blades.

I just need to sit down with sets and figure out the best way to gear for it, especially if my group wants to do arebati here soon...
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2023-12-11 09:19:04  
Veydal1 said: »
I hate that it even has to be asked, but how does it compare to Savage dmg? I suppose there are cases where you wouldn't be able / want to use Savage, but when both are an option, how do they compare?

It compares lol... Being a 1 hit you want lots of acc or you will miss (Think Torcleaver or Fudo). On the bosses in Sorti with the Level 3, I am doing anywhere from 30-60k with buffs. Savage blade is 50-85k (same/similar mobs) BUT when we have 1 other throwing savage blade, It doesn't WS wall anyone, so while i take a 20k damage per WS hit (approx) our RDM or BRD doesn't get Walled (nor do i get walled by them) So it works out. Plus on some Fights it keeps me out of Bad stuff range, so its one less person for the healer to worry about, and if things go sideways, i can kite a boss and still land decent WSs.
By SimonSes 2023-12-11 10:55:03  
Shiva.Ragnarzero said: »
It compares lol... Being a 1 hit you want lots of acc or you will miss (Think Torcleaver or Fudo).

It's exactly opposite. 1hit WSs are easier to cap accuracy, because 1st hit of the WS gets +100 accuracy boost. Fudo and Torc miss, because accuracy cap for gkt and gsword is 95%, so there is always at least 5% chance to miss.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-12-12 06:13:01  
sorry for the quickdraw comvo bump, I couldnt find the pic before, eventho' this was more of a spike, normal ones are usually between 15~30kish

https://imgur.com/eG0mZyS
By SimonSes 2023-12-12 07:47:19  
Cerberus.Darkvlade said: »
sorry for the quickdraw comvo bump, I couldnt find the pic before, eventho' this was more of a spike, normal ones are usually between 15~30kish

https://imgur.com/eG0mZyS

I would guess this was Empy armor set proc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2023-12-12 09:29:00  
I only got 1 piece of empy+3 in my set, legs are:
gear.Herc_WSDMAB_legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+22','Accuracy+20','Weapon skill damage +9%','Mag. Acc.+15 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}}

sets.precast.CorsairShot = {
main="Naegling",
sub="Tauret",
ammo="Hauksbok Bullet",
head="Ikenga's Hat",
neck="Comm. Charm +2",
ear1="Friomisi Earring",
ear2="Hecate's Earring",
body="Lanun Frac +3",
hands="Carmine Fin. Ga. +1",
ring1="Fenrir Ring +1",
ring2="Dingir Ring",
back=gear.COR_Leaden_back,
waist="Orpheus's Sash",
legs=gear.Herc_WSDMAB_legs,
feet="Chass. Bottes +3"}
[+]
 Shiva.Ragnarzero
By Shiva.Ragnarzero 2023-12-13 15:52:19  
SimonSes said: »
It compares lol... Being a 1 hit you want lots of acc or you will miss (Think Torcleaver or Fudo).

It's exactly opposite. 1hit WSs are easier to cap accuracy, because 1st hit of the WS gets +100 accuracy boost. Fudo and Torc miss, because accuracy cap for gkt and gsword is 95%, so there is always at least 5% chance to miss.

Then tell that to My Earp.... Now that I have changed my set to have more acc, I only miss like 1/20, before it felt like 1/10, One big change i made was changing from R25 Nyame Body to R20 kenga's Vest.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-12-13 16:33:46  
it felt like
[+]
By Nariont 2023-12-13 17:39:05  
Then tell that to My Earp.... Now that I have changed my set to have more acc, I only miss like 1/20, before it felt like 1/10, One big change i made was changing from R25 Nyame Body to R20 kenga's Vest.

1 handers/h2h/pets get 99% hit rate cap and 2 handers/ranged/Off-hand swing when DWing get 95% hit rate cap

personal anecdotes is what leads people to think those 1 hit WS have some kind of acc penalty, you simply notice it more because if you miss that's it, there's also a question of;

how many WS?
What buffs/debuffs?
Target?

Any of these can alter how you "feel" your land rate has changed, and you might not even notice somethings missing.
 Asura.Dexprozius
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-04 08:01:31  
Just finally picked up my Armageddon...

Should I just exclusively be TPing in the devastating bullets over chrono for the extra 15 acc over 23 dmg and 20 atk.

I'd just shove them into my Racc toggle, but I don't know how to adjust both the mid and preshot sets for the bullet, otherwise it'll equip chrono for preshot, then try to equip devastating for midshot and fail to fire. Seems more reasonable to just TP in devastating, WS in Chrono (for physical)

Curious what yall do, or do you Lua wizards have a work around to slot it properly into a toggle.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-01-04 08:12:12  
Having Arma is even more reason to shoot with Chrono Bullets instead of anything else. I've not had to fire a single Devastating Bullet since I've had Arma so you should be fine.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-04 08:19:57  
I'm the opposite of the guy above, I always shoot in Devastating bullets because I'd rather have the boost to accuracy and hit 1 more shot out of every 100 than have .2% more damage from the chrono bullets. I only use chrono bullets for Last Stand right now, everything else is either Living or Devastating.

I especially love devastating bullets for Hot Shot in W3 dynamis, which quite frankly still doesn't hit 95% accuracy even with the bullet.

If you have a toggle you can switch between them, as a non-GS user it is just too much to switch between all the different toggles. Maybe I'll end up making 20 copies of my macros but I don't see it happening for the tiny benefits of stuff like this.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-05 02:30:03  
I could see wanting to use Chrono WITH Arma for Crit-hit build, but otherwise I lean more towards what Maletaru said, valuing getting my TP more consistantly, albeit only 15 more racc so not much of a bump.
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-01-05 06:35:33  
Asura.Dexprozius said: »
I could see wanting to use Chrono WITH Arma for Crit-hit build, but otherwise I lean more towards what Maletaru said, valuing getting my TP more consistantly, albeit only 15 more racc so not much of a bump.

Other than the 5% chance to miss i have no problems with racc with my Arma AM3 crit set. Arma is quite the boost to ranged accuracy as it is and I'd rather have the higher dmg bullet for the higher crit damage. COR can easily get high crit rate with high racc and crit damage.
By fillerbunny9 2024-01-05 07:39:43  
if you were reliably able to hit things without Armageddon, you will continue to do so with it, as the gun itself is offering a bigger boost to Ranged Accuracy at R0 than other options at R15. the AGI translates to a bonus 37 R.Acc at R0, and 52 at R15 if I am doing the math right. Devastating Bullets should almost never be used.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-01-05 08:17:59  
fillerbunny9 said: »
if you were reliably able to hit things without Armageddon, you will continue to do so with it, as the gun itself is offering a bigger boost to Ranged Accuracy at R0 than other options at R15. the AGI translates to a bonus 37 R.Acc at R0, and 52 at R15 if I am doing the math right. Devastating Bullets should almost never be used.

It would be these numbers, except R15 DP and Fomal have 30 Racc on them each, so it's 7 at R0 and 22 at R15.

Not saying it, as a weapon, has problems with racc. I use the same bullets for all 3 (4) guns, my bullet changes are in my macros and I use the same macros no matter which gun I'm using.

Not trying to claim my way is the best, frankly it probably isn't. I'm sure most of the time my acc is capped, but I find that in the majority of situations on COR when I'm shooting it's either to pull or to get TP. Rarely (Arma AM3 only) when I'm shooting am I concerned with my white damage specifically so I'd rather not risk being under racc cap and missing a shot because I put chrono bullets on for every shot than have a tiny boost to my white damage.

Ultimately I think it's just a matter of how you want to organize your sets. If you have acc toggles, just put the chrono in normal and devastating in acc toggle. Or if you're a lazy worry-wart like me, you can default to devastating and just put chrono on when you really want to squeeze out extra damage.
By K123 2024-01-05 08:24:52  
Bismarck.Celerin said: »
The bullet is excellent as well. That -50 emnity is great for not pulling hate on savage blades.
***, that's an amazing thing to note. Gun moves up the stack of good weapons for this reason alone.
 Valefor.Dathus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-01-08 19:25:20  
Question about Ikenga's gear at R0:

Is it still better than the mix and match of Mummu/Meghanada gear for midshot/R.acc sets? I have it unlocked but my group has kinda let Odyssea fall to the wayside and I want to know if I should grab the full set for Racc reasons when TS is down/midshot sets.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2024-01-08 19:56:15  
Valefor.Dathus said: »

Is it still better than the mix and match of Mummu/Meghanada gear for midshot/R.acc sets? I have it unlocked but my group has kinda let Odyssea fall to the wayside and I want to know if I should grab the full set for Racc reasons when TS is down/midshot sets.

In general, it's better than ambu +2 stuff even at R0 for midshot. Depends on what your weapon(s) choice is though, whether ranged or melee. Also may depend on your belt/rings/capes etc and what WS you would be using.
 Valefor.Dathus
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dathus
By Valefor.Dathus 2024-01-08 22:57:15  
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Valefor.Dathus said: »

In general, it's better than ambu +2 stuff even at R0 for midshot. Depends on what your weapon(s) choice is though, whether ranged or melee. Also may depend on your belt/rings/capes etc and what WS you would be using.

Last Stand spam, using Compensator atm(LS is almost done Aeonic run so will have Formhault soon, and mostly through Alex for DP) for my weapon.

I've got R.acc rings for when shooting, not a lot of sTP atm.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-01-12 03:56:50  
What do yall's Absorb TP sets look like? My snap decision was 5/5 Empy+3 but I expect maybe you sub in some stuff like Carmine Mask +1 for more fast cast in the mid cast?

EDIT:
This is what I'd be using currently. Havn't attempted Aminon yet, but want to have it sorted beforehand.

sets.AbsorbTP={
main="Naegling",
sub="Regis",
range={ name="Anarchy +2", augments={'Delay:+60','TP Bonus +1000',}},
ammo="Devastating Bullet",
head={ name="Carmine Mask +1", augments={'Accuracy+20','Mag. Acc.+12','"Fast Cast"+4',}},
body="Chasseur's Frac +3",
hands="Chasseur's Gants +3",
legs="Chas. Culottes +3",
feet="Chass. Bottes +3",
neck={ name="Comm. Charm +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
waist="K. Kachina Belt +1",
left_ear="Digni. Earring",
right_ear={ name="Chas. Earring +1", augments={'System: 1 ID: 1676 Val: 0','Accuracy+12','Mag. Acc.+12','Crit.hit rate+4',}},
left_ring="Stikini Ring +1",
right_ring={ name="Metamor. Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
back={ name="Camulus's Mantle", augments={'AGI+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','AGI+10','Weapon skill damage +10%','Phys. dmg. taken-10%',}},
}

I could make a better cape but currently just using the Leaden cape since it has 20 macc
 Bismarck.Celerin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2024-01-12 11:25:54  
think that is my set as well, but I use two stikini ring +1 for the macc and skill (that and I don't have a metamorph ring +1). my inventory is already crying again, even with eight wardrobes...
By Artichokie 2024-02-04 17:48:49  
What's everyone using as their Terminus set on highacc settings? I'm finding myself whiffing more often than not on F/H w/ around 1500 racc pre-buffs/food.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2024-02-04 18:53:41  
Artichokie said: »
What's everyone using as their Terminus set on highacc settings? I'm finding myself whiffing more often than not on F/H w/ around 1500 racc pre-buffs/food.

95% acc on FH is about 1650, you're pretty low at 1500 pre-food, unless you're getting a prelude or something. I'm not sure about the terminus set though, so can't speak to that.
By Artichokie 2024-02-04 21:25:58  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
Artichokie said: »

95% acc on FH is about 1650, you're pretty low at 1500 pre-food, unless you're getting a prelude or something. I'm not sure about the terminus set though, so can't speak to that.

That's helpful, thanks!
 Asura.Jenniferrr
user: Pirates
By Asura.Jenniferrr 2024-02-05 06:31:03  
Hi All,

Would you mind sharing your Terminus gear sets? Picking up my stage 3 Earp today :)

Thanks!
By SimonSes 2024-02-05 07:10:53  
I would say this:
ItemSet 394687

Gleti's Knife if you don't have Crepuscular.
Rostam B (assuming you TP with melee)
Chasseur's earring +2 is obviously an upgrade over Odr if you have it.
Emphramad's Ring is also much better than Cornelia's if you have it and if you have enough attack.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-03-18 11:50:52  
I just scored a Fettering Blade. The OP guide mentions it a couple of times, but I'm wondering how relevant it might be to my situation. I've already got a Rostam, Lanun Knife (won't be in the market for more Rostams for a while), Tauret, and Naegling.
First Page 2 3 ... 121 122 123