Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 121 122 123
 Asura.Melliny
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-01-06 05:31:00  
Quote:
Sets that beats "standard COR TS set", post it plz....

This is my cor triple shot Midshot set. It's just the midshot set listed on the sticky with some updated accessories and the empyrean +3 body thrown in.

ItemSet 389340

The logic here is that with just our empyrean +3 body our base triple shot proc rate is 79%. With a base rate that high the extra triple shot procs from Ososhi start having diminishing returns. Conversely, the store TP from Ikenga's and malignance has increasing returns. I believe we've crossed the threshold where the store TP bonuses outweigh the benefits the extra triple shot provides. This set gets approximately 20% more tp per hit than if you used Ososhi, which results in about 10% more TP over time. The ososhi set does have higher white damage because of the extra shots fired and the head bonus, but it builds TP slower. And if you're getting buffed heavily enough, the extra 12% PDL is going to offset some of the difference in white damage between this set and ososhi anyway. Going this rout results in higher TP values and bigger weaponskill damage. I think it's just a more reliable way to build it.

Also, if you're able to shoot at the optimal 6.5 distance range, the trueshot +10 on Ikenga's clogs is probably worth using over malignance boots as well. I just had that afterthought after looking at the set again. I may swap out the feet for Ikenga's with that consideration in mind.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-06 07:50:57  
Asura.Melliny said: »
This set gets approximately 20% more tp per hit than if you used Ososhi, which results in about 10% more TP over time.

How did you calculate that? :D
This set has 70 sTP, so Oshosi would have 43. So this set would have 18.8% more TP per hit and that would result in ~6.3% more TP over time.

BUT assuming no Samurai roll is just silly. Assuming no Rostam A is less silly for some weird setup of TPing with TS and WS with Savage, but it's silly for any ranged WS too.

On avg Sam roll would be like +70 sTP with Rostam. That alone evens out both setups to have almost identical TP over time.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-06 09:31:49  
The logic here is that with just our empyrean +3 body our base triple shot proc rate is 79%.

nvm im dumb forgot the +5% on the cape!
By Foxfire 2023-01-06 09:38:58  
SimonSes said: »
Assuming no Rostam A is less silly
what if i'm broke and could only afford lanun
[+]
By Afania 2023-01-06 12:35:04  
This set gets approximately 20% more tp per hit than if you used Ososhi, which results in about 10% more TP over time.

Using your set + leaden I am getting 13828 with 52 stp Sam roll and Rostam A. Change head/legs/feet to oshosi +1 I am getting 14140.

What if you can't afford a rostam? I change MH to naegling and getting 13550 with your set, 13845 with oshosi

What if you don't have SAM roll, but you have rostam? I am getting 12891 with oshosi+1 and 12592 with your set.

The only situation that I am getting stp focused set winning is when you don't have Sam roll and rostam. Getting 12021 with ikenga and 11714 with oshosi+1 here....but it's seg farm, and Sam roll is standard here. There is no reason to discuss no sam roll setup in seg farm for most groups imo.

Edit: that's with DP. If you Use fomal/hot shot oshosi should win more.

Foxfire said: »

As long as you roll decent enough Sam roll and have decent stp accessories you are good.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-01-06 12:44:57  

Lanun/Rostam whatever. Im not gonna type every minimal downgrade and I didnt even use Rostam A for calculations, just mentioned it. We also talks about Ikenga 25-30 (hard to get) and Oshoshi+1 (costs even more than Rostam) and bis sets in general, not starter or mediocre sets.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2023-01-06 13:57:15  

Its only 5 STP away from Rostam!
By Foxfire 2023-01-06 15:28:32  
I should've probably added a note to say I was being facetious

though I somehow *am* in the situation where I only have lanun knives but have oshosi+1

don't ask, it's just how it is

either way, just sitting here watching

that said, on the subject of hot shot - since I just came back and don't have nyame point allocation yet, what are some alternatives I can throw together in the meantime?

currently set looks something like this:

head={ name="Herculean Helm", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+25','Weapon skill damage +3%','STR+5','Mag. Acc.+9',}},
neck="Fotia Gorget",
ear1="Friomisi Earring",
ear2="Moonshade Earring",
body="Lanun Frac +3",
hands="Chasseur's Gants +3",
ring1="Ilabrat Ring",
ring2="Dingir Ring",
back=Camulus.magWS,
waist="Fotia Belt",
legs={ name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'"Mag.Atk.Bns."+22','Weapon skill damage +2%','STR+5',}},
feet="Lanun Bottes +3"

don't have epa/orpheus so let's ignore that for now
By klayy 2023-01-14 19:10:09  
Came up with a new way to COR Ongo and figured i'd put it here in case anyone wants to borrow any piece of it. It hinges on three principles... 1) you dont need tact roll above 75%. 2) You dont wanna reapply rolls under 40% and 3) its nice to be able to retact the RUN if Ongo steals his roll.

This is how you accomplish that.

Lobby: Tact roll on everyone. People who need to lock weapons, lock em. If possible, the COR jumps on SAM, meditates, jumps back on COR, relocks weaps (C Rostam/Nusku/DP). This isn't required but the difficulty level goes way up otherwise.

Buffs: Warlocks/crooked wiz. Canbe any roll other than tact. Dont risk a bust, leave it unlucky if need be. You were never getting this roll before. Do all you can to geta good Wiz roll.

Start fight: We flipped to SCH 2 step > BRD > GEO as the first 4 step. This lets the BRD do his part quick then redo songs. It lets the RUN get gambit and rayke up without SC responsibilities. Then SCH 2 step > RUN > COR. THis allows the COR to get enough TP with adloqium and 3 quick draws (2 in rayke window, yes please) to hit his step even if you mess up and start on 0 TP. And if it doesnt work, just leave it as a 3 step and move on.

We found we could push Ongo to 78-80% with just 2 SCs. Then SCH solos a 2 step to push him under 75%.. or failing that, does back to back 2 steps. Important to get here quick so they can refresh embrava/caper/ maybe even steal a sub 74% SC on tabula's dime.

75%: While the SCH refreshes his embrava, hit everyone with tact. Obviously you want at least a 5 or a 9+. Crucially, we're late enough in the fight where this should get the BRD and RUN to the finish line. I kinda stole this idea from soul voicing then a bit lkater, exttending with nitro for the "real" songs. This is where you start doing "real" rolls.

42%: Every other NM so far, we like to get him around 42%, refresh bars, auspice, whatever, hope those get us across the line. Same principle here. We push him right around 40% but not past. We all run in for WC but while running in, hit everyone with a quick gallants roll and double up if u need to, Then pop WC. RUN and BRD stay at ongo while SCH 2-steps to push him under 40%. You just wild carded. You can immediately crooked wiz (while RUN and BRD are next to Ongo and out of range.. they keep tact) with every JA you have available. This gets you across the line and you dont have to reapply rolls with 2 adds out. Guess what? Two adds dont like COR rolls lol.

Last hidden benefit is this: If Ongo dispels your RUN's tact (which he did to us 3-4 times out of 20 tries)... at this point you have gall/wiz on. You can still run him and hit him with a clutch tact without needing to recycle a roll. TO me, that's th worst way to lose an Ongo. This gives you at least a chance to bypass that particular brand of RNG.

Sorry if this is a bit tl;dr but its super involved but will give your group a ton of advantages they wouldn't otherwise have. And if you know rayke is coming soon, save 2 earth shots for it. I usually drop one in per SC but you have to squeeze every drop out of rayke.
[+]
By klayy 2023-01-14 19:37:39  
One other note.. we got Ongo to 7% without a WC reset on the run before we got the reset and killed him. It's doable... SCH had 2 adds on them and died with 3 minutes left. But it felt plausible. Had attack down on the 7%, defense down on the win. Had like 1:20 left on the clock. Had an insane run of bad luck at 1% think it took 3 SCs to finish it off. SCH had gear locked on one. BRD stunned by ongo on another. But we just kept at it, finally got him on the third one lol
By Sockfoot 2023-01-27 01:06:06  
So I was on break while the change came out a few years ago, but I'm not sure I understand how Light Shot interacts with Dia at this point.

Dia2 is cast on an enemy.
Light Shot upgrades it to ???
A second Light Shot then does ???

I was working under the assumption you had to use 2 to upgrade to Dia4, as it used to work, but now I'm not sure if one shot fully upgrades or if you can only get to Dia3 level with a base Dia2. Or if SE is full of ***. Or if anyone tested back in 2019 after the change.
By Veydal1 2023-01-27 01:42:27  
From my understanding from word of mouth, and wiki states the same, Light Shot only provides an additional 2.73% defense down on a target with any level of Dia applied. It also caps after one Light Shot. So for example, a mob can have Dia I (10.16% defense down) or Dia III (20.31% defense down) applied, if a COR uses Light Shot, regardless of the level of Dia, an additional 2.73% will be added. However, it can not be stacked with multiple light shots.

Some Quick Draw testing from the April 2019 update -
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Talk:Quick_Draw
By Sockfoot 2023-01-27 01:45:30  
Even worse than I thought..
[+]
By Alamandaros 2023-01-29 18:38:30  
Just started using the GS script linked in the OP. Does anyone know why it would be attempting to overwrite any engaged sets I have with the Death Penalty set while in melee combat?
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2023-01-29 19:46:45  
Alamandaros said: »
Just started using the GS script linked in the OP. Does anyone know why it would be attempting to overwrite any engaged sets I have with the Death Penalty set while in melee combat?

Do you mean it is overwriting the tp set with the ws set, or just the weapons?

I dont use Arislan's but taking a quick glance at it, it appears the DeathPenalty_M is just the default weapon set? Are you selecting something else? Perhaps someone else that uses it will chime in.
By Alamandaros 2023-01-29 20:06:42  
Asura.Yottaxa said: »
Alamandaros said: »

Do you mean it is overwriting the tp set with the ws set, or just the weapons?

I dont use Arislan's but taking a quick glance at it, it appears the DeathPenalty_M is just the default weapon set? Are you selecting something else? Perhaps someone else that uses it will chime in.

So the problem I'm having is none of the engaged sets are being equipped when I'm engaged in melee. It seems to be defaulting down to whichever weapon set is currently active, and even commenting out all of that it will keep defaulting to a non-engaged set.

I do have GearInfo, and I'm getting UGS = true ingame, so it seems like that's working fine. Just for some reason it doesn't want to swap me to TP sets.
 Shiva.Zerkles
サーバ: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2023-01-29 22:39:12  
Sounds like you may not be using Gear Info addon? Its needed to recognize how much haste you have etc. to know which set to equip.
By Alamandaros 2023-01-30 11:25:01  
Shiva.Zerkles said: »
Sounds like you may not be using Gear Info addon? Its needed to recognize how much haste you have etc. to know which set to equip.

I have the addon. It shows up in-game, and has the UGS true section which I believe means it's feeding GS updated values.

Looking over the required scripts for GI, I believe all of them are present in the COR lua from the OP.

Ok I figured it out, turns out I'm an idiot. Somehow halfway through editing the cor.lua, I swapped to a different copy of the same file, which is what I've been editing. So even though the baseline .engaged set is correct, it was being overwritten by a sidecar file with items I don't have. Seems to be working fine now though, so all good.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-02-12 19:23:25  
intrloper said: »
Evening, I was wondering if there any place with up to date sets? The front page seems out of date and the one guide on BG seems to be missing lot of sets. Thank you.

The sets in the guide are only missing Empyrean +2 +3 and Odyssey R25s. If you're that far in the game you should be able to figure out what to use. Everything else is up to date. This is one of the best guides in the entire forum.

Veydal1 said: »
From my understanding from word of mouth, and wiki states the same, Light Shot only provides an additional 2.73% defense down on a target with any level of Dia applied. It also caps after one Light Shot. So for example, a mob can have Dia I (10.16% defense down) or Dia III (20.31% defense down) applied, if a COR uses Light Shot, regardless of the level of Dia, an additional 2.73% will be added. However, it can not be stacked with multiple light shots.

Some Quick Draw testing from the April 2019 update -
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Talk:Quick_Draw

But that was done under PVP conditions and the way things work in PVP has never been the exact same as it would be fighting enemies. I'd rather see testing on proper targets before believing this test (which showed no actual data) done several years ago. They did this on RDM with a Troll Gun, which for all we know nerfs the effect of Quick Draw upgrades. Also, nowhere does it say that Dia or Bio could not be upgraded twice, only that Slow and Gravity would not. It's not enough to state as fact.
 Asura.Chendar
user: chendar
By Asura.Chendar 2023-02-12 20:26:08  
I believe they made it pretty clear in the patch notes (for once) back when they changed it how it interacts with bio/dia.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2023-02-12 20:32:25  
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
But that was done under PVP conditions and the way things work in PVP has never been the exact same as it would be fighting enemies. I'd rather see testing on proper targets before believing this test (which showed no actual data) done several years ago. They did this on RDM with a Troll Gun, which for all we know nerfs the effect of Quick Draw upgrades. Also, nowhere does it say that Dia or Bio could not be upgraded twice, only that Slow and Gravity would not. It's not enough to state as fact.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55263?p=614754&viewfull=1#post614754
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2023-02-12 23:32:02  

Sorry Bud but I also tested before the update and it use to allow 2 upgrades in that PvP. Yes, PvP isn't the best place for testing but if you're smart about it and know pre-exsisting nurfs/upgrades in it you can use it for a lot of testing. Also why do you think I went and tested it in the first place because SE announced it and I wanted to make sure it had changed and changed the way they said it would.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/55263?p=614754&viewfull=1#post614754

Corsair

The effects of the ability Light Shot on Dia have been changed, and the effect no longer stacks.
* In line with this change, Light Shot no longer has any effect on the priority of Dia.
The effects of the ability Dark Shot on Bio have been changed, and the effect no longer stacks.
* In line with this change, Dark Shot no longer has any effect on the priority of Bio.

Also I showed no data for this one test since I made my att and def for this test 1024 which is the system SE uses when it isn't straight percentages. I did mention that on the page. I thought I was one of the handful of people that do XI testing that would be enough proof for something so basic to see change.

This isn't some 2006 eye balling or frame counting going on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2023-02-13 01:02:53  
Glad this was further elaborated on for anyone who may have been unsure of the context behind the testing, although I admit that I could have done some digging to find this for myself.

A 3% increase is so minimal that it isn't worth doing unless the enemy has a decent chunk of HP. It also makes RDM's Dia III more valuable as you can't simply upgrade a Dia II to be on a par, although an upgraded Dia II isn't that far off from a standard III.
By SimonSes 2023-02-13 07:02:00  
Empyrean +2

Empy +2 is entry gear right now. It's the first thing I would get for new 99 char. +3 is also very easy to get, but takes much longer for fresh 99 char.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2023-02-14 03:47:06  
Evening, I was wondering if there any place with up to date sets? The front page seems out of date and the one guide on BG seems to be missing lot of sets. Thank you.

So the guide is outdated somewhat then...
I am able to research and try to figure out what be BiS for different sets. However with this being a guide I would have hoped it would be updated for folks that might not have lot of time to research each set. Jumping between 6-12 jobs and RL doesnt always leave a lot of time.

FYI, anyone can update the community guide on BG with an account. If you have ideas on the sets feel free to update them on BG.

Or start another guide thread on AH if you wish.

Although I haven't personally tried, I heard python sim from the NIN thread can do calculation for cor now so it could be a good idea to use it to figure sets out. I like how it shows medians rather than averages when it comes to data, personally.

I honestly strongly recommend anyone who wants to focus and push the job performance to the next level take the time to build your own sets and don't always copy and paste other people's sets. Because everyone has different playstyle, resources and game knowledge that whatever written in a guide by another person may not be the best choice for everybody.

But once you are used to the shortcut(copy and paste sets) it becomes easy to stop thinking about how the mechanics interact with each other and that may affect job performance in the long run.

I haven't play FFXI for over half an year nor I have the plan to resub anytime soon so keeping up relevant content would be tough on my end. But if anyone wants to discuss sets and math, I am always happy to contribute in a discussion.
[+]
By Trillium 2023-02-14 10:16:14  
Afania said: »
I honestly strongly recommend anyone who wants to focus and push the job performance to the next level take the time to build your own sets and don't always copy and paste other people's sets. Because everyone has different playstyle, resources and game knowledge that whatever written in a guide by another person may not be the best choice for everybody.

But once you are used to the shortcut(copy and paste sets) it becomes easy to stop thinking about how the mechanics interact with each other and that may affect job performance in the long run.

I haven't play FFXI for over half an year nor I have the plan to resub anytime soon so keeping up relevant content would be tough on my end. But if anyone wants to discuss sets and math, I am always happy to contribute in a discussion.

Couldn't agree more. Since I use equipsets and have not choice but to make my own I suppose I am biased, but putting everything in myself I am always thinking about when I am using the job/set and if I need my hybrid to be a bit more on the dt side and what sacrifices I can make for some situations. I know on RUN I must use more mp than others as part of my playstyle, so can take that into account. As many say here, there is no one bis one set wonder. You are always trading off something, and if that trade off works for your playstyle won't be reflected in a cut and paste.guides and other sets are ok places to start though. When you do diverge, it probably is a good idea to understand why and make sure you are not "testing" things that have been tried and don't work.
 Phoenix.Vespajava
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2023-02-14 12:46:14  
I encourage it highly. The +20 STP alone on path A is budget for a job already swimming in STP options, and you're supporting your local crafting community. Rest assured, they'd like something over nothing. More often than not they're eating SH!te on the back end. Don't pass up +1 on account someone's guide suggests HQonry. They mean #PathAonry. Cheers.
First Page 2 3 ... 113 114 115 ... 121 122 123