New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2022-09-08 01:57:00  
SimonSes said: »
You only seems to try to teach people how to make slap contest on forum

Agreeing that capping attack in C is rare and questioning the viability of T.crush and diaga when someone mentioned it in a post is "slap contest"? Ok FFXIAH.com.

If you think I'm "confused" about your points or wrong you could have just clarified it in the next post instead of name calling in the next 2 posts.

But yeah, you are right. It's a waste of time to even discuss anything if questioning any points in between is not allowed. Own the forum if you wish.
By SimonSes 2022-09-08 03:08:24  
None is owning anything. You were just annoying. You try to create narratives, so you can then make pointless discussions. It's visible the best by your quotes selection. You decided to answer everything that keep the flame, but completely ignored only real gear related stuff I pointed out as wrong in your post, which was Sroda ring being bis or break even regardless of attack capped or not. It was just bad for your narrative, because it was only PDL gear I suggested and without that argument your whole theory of me suggesting any attack capped gear is falling, so you ignored it.

Its funny you are talking about name calling, when you jumped into discussion laughing at possibility of gearing with assumption that healer knows that diaga exists, then you assumed I am suggesting something I didn't and called that dumb as ***. Hypocrisy
By Afania 2022-09-08 04:34:23  
then you assumed I am suggesting something I didn't and called that dumb as ***. Hypocrisy

Is this "dumb as ***" the main reason why you keep going on with name calling? I said "suggesting people gear for capped attack in Odyssey C is dumb as ***", not "Baniak is dumb as ***". I was only commenting an action, not person.

Since you didn't suggest anybody gear for capped attack, then you aren't the target of my comment. why are you overreacting over a writing style or choice of words that doesn't target towards you?

My point is, I wasn't "raging" when I commented, nor screaming. I use words like "dumb" "silly" "***" all the time. But you read more emotions beyond that. I guess my bad for using such negative words if I'm replying to Baniak?

Edit: Now that I look back, I should have wrote ""If you" suggest attack capped set...." to avoid the drama, but whatever.

You try to create narratives

What narrative lol. You are the one who said that you are just "trying to talk about general strategy."(or did I read this wrong too?), and I simply followed your narrative and commented on that.

Out of ALL the runs that I've joined, I've never seen diaga and T.crush being used as part of the strategy. And considering this wakes the mob up and people can die because of it, I would say it's more than just one simple spell that mages should use anytime without notifying the pt, but it requires coordination as part of the pt strategy.

Therefore, due to the niche nature of it I feel it doesn't belong to a gearing discussion unless it's a discussion specifically discussing different C strategy.

You don't HAVE to agree with me about this. You could just say your opinion and move on. But you choose to escalate it over a "dumb as ***" comment. Just drop it already.

You try to create narratives, so you can then make pointless discussions.

No I didn't. Wtf is going on?

but completely ignored only real gear related stuff I pointed out as wrong in your post,

It was just bad for your narrative, because it was only PDL gear I suggested and without that argument your whole theory of me suggesting any attack capped gear is falling, so you ignored it.

No I didn't. Wtf at this conspiracy theory. I didn't comment on that because I believe you are probably right about the ring. So I just move on with ring choice discussion.

But somehow you read my lack of comment about the ring as an offensive act against you? Holy ***. Idk who is creating a narrative here anymore.

Just *** drop it already god damn it.. why are we *** arguing about this dumb ***over ONE comment?
By Weeew 2022-09-08 04:45:21  
How amazing would it be if one day we discover that Simonses is Afania and they just have a split personality... mind blown
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 07:17:48  
I see diaga fairly often in Odyssey, personally, and even Frightful Roar (from the tank/blu, which lands on some mob packs but not others) on occasion.
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-08 07:34:52  
Asura.Geriond said: »
I see diaga fairly often in Odyssey, personally, and even Frightful Roar (from the tank/blu, which lands on some mob packs but not others) on occasion.

F.roar doesn't wake the mob up, so it doesn't have the same problem diaga has.

I've been into runs that BRD repeatedly died when they try to sleep, or 3 DD setup wiped only because people woke the mob up.

I agree it's a viable strategy for high end groups but I hesitate to call it a common thing to expect in a party.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 07:40:30  
All you need is a tank that doesn't need the mobs to be slept, which isn't uncommon even for pickups or less experienced statics.

Like I said, I see Diaga in use decently often, including in yell pickups.
By SimonSes 2022-09-08 07:45:05  
Afania said: »
Out of ALL the runs that I've joined, I've never seen diaga and T.crush being used as part of the strategy. And considering this wakes the mob up and people can die because of it, I would say it's more than just one simple spell that mages should use anytime without notifying the pt, but it requires coordination as part of the pt strategy.

Because most people (probably like 95% of casuals) don't care. Most people play at 80% during segments farming after doing it daily for so long. Assuming your pt care, diaga requires no coordination at all, unless you are really weak (gear) and just starts Odyssey. Diaga is 0 risk, if it's used after first AoE hate spell used by tank and sleeping mobs was never required and especially isn't now after empy+2 and Odyssey power creep.

You could counter argument every positive thing you can do during segments runs with "but it doesn't happen in my PUG runs". If WHM in your PUGs suck and let people die, should we start subbing /whm or /dnc on DD jobs?
By Afania 2022-09-08 08:12:47  
Because most people (probably like 95% of casuals) don't care.

Hence I suggested "default attack uncapped set, but switch IF your attack is capped" if you happened play with the 5%. Since even you agree that 95% of casuals don't care.

I am not sure why this suggestion has a problem, or worth arguing 2 pages for.

should we start subbing /whm or /dnc on DD jobs?

Bad comparison because you can't switch SJ mid run, therefore I wouldn't suggest people do that.

You can, however, switch back and forth between different WS sets so defaulting one set doesn't stop you from using another.
By SimonSes 2022-09-08 08:16:41  
Hence I suggested "default attack uncapped set, but switch IF your attack is capped" if you happened play with the 5%.

I am not sure why this suggestion has a problem, or worth arguing for 2 pages for.

Who said it's a problem and who even suggested otherwise? Again none. We all suggested Nyame 5/5 and other attack gear and only started discussing viability of attack cap on 135+ mobs (segments was only example). IT was you who came and assumed our discussion is somehow related to suggesting some capped attack gear.
By Afania 2022-09-08 08:18:58  
Hence I suggested "default attack uncapped set, but switch IF your attack is capped" if you happened play with the 5%.

I am not sure why this suggestion has a problem, or worth arguing for 2 pages for.

Who said it's a problem and who even suggested otherwise? Again none. We all suggested Nyame 5/5 and other attack gear and only started discussing viability of attack cap on 135+ mobs (segments was only example). IT was you who came and assumed our discussion is somehow related to suggesting some capped attack gear.

You don't need to repeat yourself 3 times about this, as I already addressed it and prefer to move on.
 Bahamut.Kacil
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kacil
By Bahamut.Kacil 2022-09-11 09:24:00  
I got the COR +2 earring last night in Sortie.

13STR/13AGI Acc 19 Macc +19 crit +7 on it.

Does it have any place for anything? Maybe Evisceration with all that crit? Does that 13 STR beat the Ishvara +2 WSD?
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-11 10:35:16  
AM3 sets
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-09-11 12:30:40  
pretty sure 13str beats 2% WSD
By SimonSes 2022-09-11 16:05:41  
Asura.Bynebill said: »
pretty sure 13str beats 2% WSD

Depends on fSTR, but 13STR earring on Savage will be comparable to around 3.4% WSD earring in full Nyame set, so yeah it beats Ishvara.
[+]
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-09-25 10:01:30  
Anyone have an up to date Requiescat WS/DT hybrid they could share?

Much appreciated. Just feels like going with the old multi-hit ones in forums could be dangerous in modern content.

Much appreciated.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-09-25 10:32:33  
Asura.Otomis said: »
Anyone have an up to date Requiescat WS/DT hybrid they could share?
Nyame
[+]
By Afania 2022-09-28 12:24:01  
To anyone curious about empy+2 legs potential in a DT set when meva isn't required, I've been tweaking updated DT- set recently, here is the result.

Target: WoC, capped pdif, 52 STP from SAM roll, use Naegling+savage blade(Rostam will use different DT set due to extra DT- from rolls). WS in r20 Nyame 5/5.

DPS in glass Cannon set: 8909

This is the highest DPS set that I've found so far with capped pdt and mdt with shell V.

ItemSet 387299
DPS: 8287 (7% behind glass Cannon set)

DW and pdt-10 augment on back, QA+3 augment on herc hand/feet. If you don't have strong DD augment on herc hands you can use malig hands(will need gleti offhand to cap haste) or adhemar hand + r15 Odnowa to cap pdt.

On a sidenote if you DD in 5/5 malig+D ring it's only 7987 DPS in the same buff and WS.

So I guess it's 3-4% DPS improvement after all, I would make different sets for meva/status resist.

Any comments are welcomed. :)
 Asura.Bynebill
user: Autocast
By Asura.Bynebill 2022-10-01 20:07:41  
Is flurry1 10% or 15%?
By IGDC 2022-10-01 21:01:55  
Considering Flurry II is 30% and Haste I/II is 15%/30%, I'd venture to say it's 15%.
By Afania 2022-10-02 05:22:14  
IGDC said: »
Considering Flurry II is 30% and Haste I/II is 15%/30%, I'd venture to say it's 15%.

Old wiki says 15% so it should be correct.
By Lunaz 2022-10-18 02:02:10  
so, i am working on both RNG and COR would you consider Armageddon worth getting or saving to eventually do both death penalty and gastro.
By Hopalong 2022-10-18 07:03:21  
Everyone is going to say do Armageddon dead last.

I brought it up to 90 on Cor and realized just not worth it to finish since I have other jobs that can use gil and already have Fomal/DP.

Cool gun, too niche use.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-18 10:00:54  
Armageddon is great, use it way more then fomal which I don't use at all.
Fomal is mostly just for the bullet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-18 10:07:32  
Gotta say these days I use Arma more than Fomalhaut, and almost as much as DP. The problem with it is that a LOT of RNGs and CORs build an empy weapon and don't alter their sets to maximize what it does best. They're rocking a weapon that boosts TP-phase damage due to its proccing of "occ. attacks for triple damage", then stick with a maxSTP midshot set instead of building sets around +crit rate, +crit damage, +dead aim, and +pdl.

You gotta work with the Arma rather than slap it into DP/Fomalhaut sets and expect the stories those of us who love it tell.
[+]
By Lunaz 2022-10-18 10:33:01  
i see, can you show some arma tp sets then ?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-18 10:39:14  
Lunaz said: »
i see, can you show some arma tp sets then ?

Here's what I'm currently using, though I do alter it frequently with little changes, here and there. But conceptually, this is the direction I tend to go.

EDIT: the JSE+1 earring has +5% crit rate on it.
Code
    sets.Midshot.Armageddon.Aftermath = {
        head = "Meghanada Visor +2",
        body = "Nisroch Jerkin",
        hands = "Ikenga's Gloves",
        legs = "Mummu Kecks +2", --"Darraigner's Brais",--
        feet = "Osh. Leggings +1",
        neck = "Iskur Gorget",
        waist = "K. Kachina Belt +1",
        right_ear = "Chas. Earring +1",
		--right_ear = "Crep. Earring",
        left_ear = "Odr Earring",
        left_ring = "Mummu Ring",
        right_ring = "Begrudging Ring",
        back = {name = "Camulus's Mantle", augments = {"AGI+20", "Rng.Acc.+20 Rng.Atk.+20", "AGI+10", "Crit.hit rate+10", "Damage taken-5%"}},}
By Hopalong 2022-10-18 11:03:42  
Yes everyone would love the gun and use it properly but would you make it before DP (cor forum) which was the question.

In fact, it looks as if the poster is asking if having Arma is > than having Gastro + DP. It looks as if y'all two are implying yes...
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2022-10-18 11:06:31  
Work on DP, make fomal in the 3-4hours it takes. Then make armageddon or do whatever you want.

It would really depend on what you goal is with COR.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2022-10-18 11:08:56  
Lunaz said: »
so, i am working on both RNG and COR would you consider Armageddon worth getting or saving to eventually do both death penalty and gastro.
Hopalong said: »
Yes everyone would love the gun and use it properly but would you make it before DP (cor forum) which was the question.

Not exactly. Plus, I was responding to this comment in particular (which I should have quoted in my first comments about using Arma more than Foma these days, that's on me)-

Hopalong said: »

Cool gun, too niche use.
First Page 2 3 ... 109 110 111 ... 121 122 123