342 users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-20 10:53:04  
I haven't done this yet for my COR or RNG, but depending on sets you may get away with tossing macc/mdmg on your Ambuscade Cape versus racc/ratk. COR is a bit low on attack, so it might not pan out the way it does on RNG or a SAM building a hybrid WS cape, but I'd be curious how it plays out in max-buff situations.
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2022-06-21 11:48:39  
Afania said: »
I am going to be honest, because I don't want to disappoint anyone by promising things that I may not finish.

The chance of me doing all that is going to be quite low. Figuring out sets is already time consuming enough, sometimes I had to test them after calculation just to make sure it's correct. Which can take hours.

Having to organize it everything and list all of them in an easy to read manner is even more time consuming because of how nodes works(and how they lags on my phone/tablet).

Since I'd like to limit my time spent on FFXI related stuff and focus on rl or play other games, the chance of an updated 2022 cor guide with all the new sets and relevant info on when to use them is unlikely to happen unless someone else wants to do it.

If somebody wants to do the organization job, I'd be happy to offer opinions on sets and maths, and job related info on 2022 cor gameplay. And my PM inbox is always open for such discussions.

Otherwise, I don't have such plans atm, sorry.

PM me any new sets you come up with and I'll be happy to add them to the guide for you. :)
[+]
By IGDC 2022-06-23 17:28:54  
Hey, noob question:

If you roll in Rostam(c) then double up without it on, do you still get the +8 rolls or does it have to be on for double up as well?
By Meeeeeep 2022-06-23 17:38:10  
IGDC said: »
Hey, noob question:

If you roll in Rostam(c) then double up without it on, do you still get the +8 rolls or does it have to be on for double up as well?
Yes. All the potency/duration gear needs to be in the actual Phantom Roll set, Double up doesn't require any potency/duration gear.
[+]
By IGDC 2022-06-23 17:42:15  
Perfect, thanks for clarifying that for me. I don't use rostam in my doubleup set so I can be TPing during that time and didn't know if it was affecting. Cheers
By Seraphpdh 2022-06-23 19:42:26  
IGDC said: »
Perfect, thanks for clarifying that for me. I don't use rostam in my doubleup set so I can be TPing during that time and didn't know if it was affecting. Cheers
FYI: Rostam Path C is needed to be equipped for double up ONLY if you want the 11 roll HP/MP recovery.
[+]
By warmech 2022-06-24 00:38:01  
Luzaf's ring needs to be worn during double up for extended range.
[+]
 Asura.Capgames
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Capgames 2022-06-24 02:15:02  
Afania said: »
Meeeeeep said: »
Is there a list of up-to-date gear sets anywhere? BG wiki is empty, and the OP hasn't been updated in a long time.

I've been slowly trying to figure them out and been posting them once I have an opinion on some sets. It's just a very time consuming process because when I do have free time, I'd rather play the game or spend my time irl :p So I'm afraid a lot of sets won't be updated on the 1st page for the time being unless someone else wants to do it.

But if you want quick info then here it is:

TP:
Glass Cannon TP set remains unchanged for cor in the past 2 years, and acc swaps is less relevant these days with ML. In higher level endgame it's hybrid sets that matters now.

Various hybrid sets are discussed on this page (104) and p100/101.

WS:
Physical WS sets now has attack capped and attack uncapped sets. SB set being the easiest to figure out so here you go.

SB uncapped:
ItemSet 383993
SB capped:
ItemSet 384959

R25 Nyame B.

I'm still working on last stand Capped/uncapped and different TP values. In general Ikenga body works best if attack is low, and WS at exactly 1000 TP. With triple shot up pushing TP above 2000, it starts losing to wsd body, unless you are attack capped again.

For mid shot set, formal TP triple shot up is the same as 2 years ago, except shinryu ring if you want racc over subtle blow.

Ikenga 5/5 if triple shot down and attack uncapped, swap hands to malig if attack is capped.

Snapshot is mostly the same as before, except shinryu ring being new.

I posted Armageddon AM3 sets a few pages back if you use that weapon. They are a little bit different from fomalhaut TP, but the difference is smaller than before.

I'm still working on magical/hybrid WSs. Especially hot shot set.

It'll require some digging and searching, but that's FFXI for you.
Its all fine and well saying just use Nyame set at R25. Problem is this is most unhelpful to alot of people who dont even have nyame or do have it but is unranked. really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd
[+]
 Asura.Secare
サーバ: Asura
user: secare
By Asura.Secare 2022-06-24 02:52:10  
Asura.Capgames said: »
Its all fine and well saying just use Nyame set at R25. Problem is this is most unhelpful to alot of people who dont even have nyame or do have it but is unranked. really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd
The sets on the first page of this guide are still fine. There hasn't been any non-Odyssey gear that replaces the main slots of those sets and that probably won't change until empy +3 is released.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-24 20:00:36  
What's the next best alternative to Orpheus for Leaden?
By Nariont 2022-06-24 20:36:56  
Skyrmir cord+1 last i recall and eschan stone before that
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-24 20:46:51  
Is that Sveltesse Gouriz +1 listed on the main page (assuming pre-Orpheus) dated too? Pretty much comparing that, Eschan Stone, Skrymir, and Fotia.
 Shiva.Carrelo
サーバ: Shiva
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2022-06-24 21:11:30  
I'm assuming you're talking about situations where obi conditions aren't met? That would win otherwise. So much darkness weather in endgame, and for everything else there's always SCH! :)
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-06-24 21:13:20  
Dont use Fotia belt for Leaden and iirc Sveltesse was there because Leaden is 100% AGI mod and the BIS Leaden set already has a lot of MAB making the AGI slightly better. You can also use Anrin Obi for double dark weather events like Dyna D and Leaden weak mobs in Ody.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2022-06-25 04:34:13  
Thanks guys
By Afania 2022-06-25 04:54:43  
Asura.Capgames said: »
really wish people would do alternative sets that people can use that dont thave Odyssey gear fully RP'd

Umm that is already done -.-. If you don't have Odyssey gears, use the pre Odyssey sets on the first page...

I meant the guy who asked for the set says they needed "updated sets" because the first page is outdated, so obviously they wanted a post Odyssey set?

If I post a pre-Odyssey set that is identical to the first page then it's not really answering their question....idk why is it not helpful if pre-Odyssey set was not what they asked for.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 104 105