2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
Luck of the Draw: A Corsair's Guide *NEW*
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 121 122 123
By Afania 2022-04-20 07:28:50  
Asura.Aldolol said: »
Is Rank 25 Nyame Path B Body better than Relic +3? 12WSD gain for the loss of 10 AGI and 21 MAB, on the face of it seems Nyame Path B is slightly ahead?

Which WS? >_> <_< There are like 3 WS that benefits from AGI and mab.

What is your condition? What do you use for rest of the set? Which buffs? Against which NM? Are you skillchaining?

What's with this new trend that people ask "what gear is better" with zero detail nor even name of the WS 3 times in a row?? >_> <_<
[+]
By Afania 2022-04-20 10:15:55  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
But for the Fomalhaut user, I know when I am using that Gun on COR I worry about pulling hate a lot more (longer fights) than I ever do with the other 2 RMEAs for us, and Ikenga has something that none of the other midshot considerations have- a healthy amount of -enmity. I'm not saying it allows you to completely ignore mechanics and you'll never pull hate. But the other primary options most would look at for midshot (Malignance, Mummu, Meghanda, even Oshosi) just doesn't have that going for it.

With the one notable exception of Oshosi Leggings +1 giving Enm-15 (!!!), and those are already ideal for crit or triple shot sets. But they're a viable Enm- swap in a more general purpose RA set too, if for some reason people don't want to shoot in that much Ikenga.

But yeah, for the Fomalhaut COR who wants as simple an answer as possible... Ikenga 5/5 for Enm-40 is a pretty good recommendation to help avoid pulling hate, especially in situations where you're using Last Stand.

I think Beyla Earring (Racc+15/SB+5/Enm-8) is slept on a lot too for that use case, including in the currently updated sets on page 1 of this thread. Pair that with Enervating earring (instead of the commonly suggested Telos/Enervating for non-crit sets) and 5/5 Ikenga for capped Enmity-. It's definitely a set I keep around for Last Stand focused situations.

I'm checking DPS for Armageddon AM3 TS down attack uncapped set now, using Baniak's spreadsheet. If I aim for Max dps(read: spamming wildfire so STP doesn't matter as long as you reach the hit build threshold with Sam roll or food):

Oshosi feet+1 is beating Ikenga r20.
Meg head +2 is beating Ikenga r20.

Ikenga r20 hand/legs/body is beating every other pre-Odyssey good AM3 gears that I know of, including Darraigner legs and Nisrosh body. So those 3 can be used.

Ikenga hand/legs/body gives 27 enmity- total.
Oshosi feet has enmity -15.
You can get 5 more enmity- from merit. (I merit critical hit+ and enmity- for COR)

That's 47 enmity- total. Swap one earring to Enervating and keep the odr, since the next best earring choice for crit build is only an AGI+4 earring, which sucked anyways.

That's total of -50 enmity- in AM3 set without sacrificing DPS.

Edit: the above result is with no crit buffs. Adding crit buffs like rogues roll Ikenga feet start beating Oshosi +1 feet.

Edit 2: The above stays true even with capped attack. Oshosi +1 feet and Megh +2 head still beats Ikenga r20 in attack capped , no rogue's roll situations. Megh +2 head seems to win in majority of situations with Arma AM3.

Edit 3: posting pure DPS focused set here based on the analysis above: ItemSet 384382
Crit+10% ambu back.

I choose regal over begrudging because I have low tonberry hate. Feel free to use them for more crit. This set is for wildfire NOT last stand. I haven't check but Gerdr HQ and Isukr is probably better for last stand.

372 TP return per shot with 52 STP from Sam roll using Rostam main hand, so 3 hit to 1000 TP should be doable. If you roll a CC No.11 SAM roll with +8, you can use gleti or fettering blade for more crit instead of Rostam. Alternatively if you have malaise that WF is doing great dmg, main hand fettering and get STP from neck/waist/ring.
By Afania 2022-04-20 15:13:47  
Decided to finish AM3/Last stand set too so I can go to bed happily.>.>

ItemSet 353829

Pretty much the same as the ranged DPS set, except neck/waist/earring/feet changed to STP gears. Telos is extremely close to dedition though. Enervating earring is also a good choice if you want to cap enmity-. If your attack is capped, use Ilabrat instead of regal.

Also for people only want 1 AM3 set, use this set.

Edit: changed feet to Ikenga
By SimonSes 2022-04-20 15:31:14  
Afania said: »
Adding crit buffs like rogues roll Ikenga feet start beating Oshosi +1 feet

With or without Trueshot?
By Afania 2022-04-20 15:34:35  
SimonSes said: »
Adding crit buffs like rogues roll Ikenga feet start beating Oshosi +1 feet

With or without Trueshot?

True shot is off all the time.

I just noticed Ikenga feet beats oshosi feet if your WS is last stand. So I changed the set. However that also means enmity- is no longer capped. Feel free to TP in Oshosi feet of you really need that enmity-.
 Asura.Aldolol
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2022-04-20 17:42:05  
Is Rank 25 Nyame Path B Body better than Relic +3? 12WSD gain for the loss of 10 AGI and 21 MAB, on the face of it seems Nyame Path B is slightly ahead?

Which WS? >_> <_< There are like 3 WS that benefits from AGI and mab.

What is your condition? What do you use for rest of the set? Which buffs? Against which NM? Are you skillchaining?

What's with this new trend that people ask "what gear is better" with zero detail nor even name of the WS 3 times in a row?? >_> <_<

Whoops, was in relation to Leaden Salute.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
サーバ: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-04-20 19:22:58  

So I quickly ran out to do a quick test and this was the results. It came out exactly as I predicted where Relic+3 is slightly ahead still. Well with the gear I used which should be shown in the picture below.
Also realised I said Nyame feet when I actually used Relic Feet +3. Ignore that typo.

But Nyame does come with more defensive stats and some skillchain bonus which you might prefer. I think the dmg is close enough that you could get away with going for more defensive stats in your leaden set but that's going to be the individuals person preference. I personally am still using Relic+3 for now anyways.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2022-04-20 20:36:26  
Please get an Archon Ring

Edit: Also I don't think Crepuscular is great for leaden
[+]
By 1thenumber 2022-04-20 20:42:49  
Shiva.Mewtwo said: »

So I quickly ran out to do a quick test and this was the results. It came out exactly as I predicted where Relic+3 is slightly ahead still. Well with the gear I used which should be shown in the picture below.
Also realised I said Nyame feet when I actually used Relic Feet +3. Ignore that typo.

But Nyame does come with more defensive stats and some skillchain bonus which you might prefer. I think the dmg is close enough that you could get away with going for more defensive stats in your leaden set but that's going to be the individuals person preference. I personally am still using Relic+3 for now anyways.

Just in case someone might be panicking about not doing 80k with their Death Penalty, can you please confirm that you did or did not have vorseal effects active? That's gonna add a ton of damage to your Leaden Salute.
[+]
By Afania 2022-04-20 22:38:44  

What is your condition? What do you use for rest of the set? Which buffs? Are you skillchaining?

>_> <_<

Just FYI, if you don't tell us what rest of your gears are in your set then it's impossible to answer because wsd mab AGI affinity can be devalued as you stack them.

I wouldn't test the optimal set with vorseal on either, or else the results I'd get will be optimal set with vorseals on.

I suggest you use magical WS calculator from the guide to calculate the number.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-04-21 01:17:00  
good point on the vorseal and yes I did have them but when I used the calculator a few weeks ago I got the same outcome on the spreadsheets roughly as I did on the test in regards to Relic+3 coming out ever so slightly ahead of Nyame(R25) and

also I manually equipped this gear and forgot to equip my Archon ring. whoops lol (was 1am and this was just meant to be a quick test to show the difference of body). result will be the same. Relic > Nyame R25 for pure DPS

Edit: also to add this wasn't to show the damage my leaden does nor was it to show BIS set. The test was to see which body was better and by spreadsheet and testing the Relic +3 came out ahead even when I do remember to put on my Archon Ring and not getting Vorseals effects.

Something I saw though when I was using the spreadsheet a few weeks ago that Nyame Head (R25) was giving me bigger numbers than Pixie Hairpin if there were either 2 dark weathers or 1 Dark weather + Darks day or all 3 and using Hachi-no-obi. Since as you said having more affinity from the waist decreased the overall value from Pixie hairpin compared to Nyame.

For my set anyways.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-04-21 05:40:25  
Something I saw though when I was using the spreadsheet a few weeks ago that Nyame Head (R25) was giving me bigger numbers than Pixie Hairpin if there were either 2 dark weathers or 1 Dark weather + Darks day or all 3 and using Hachi-no-obi. Since as you said having more affinity from the waist decreased the overall value from Pixie hairpin compared to Nyame.
Thos is literally the opposite of what should happen. Having weather/day and using Hachirin over Orpheus would make Pixie better, not worse.
 Shiva.Mewtwo
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2022-04-21 08:22:02  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Thos is literally the opposite of what should happen. Having weather/day and using Hachirin over Orpheus would make Pixie better, not worse.

Yeah sorry Ignore that bit. Like I said I did that weeks ago and must be thinking of something else double checked it today.
By SimonSes 2022-04-21 09:48:33  
Asura.Geriond said: »

Yeah sorry Ignore that bit. Like I said I did that weeks ago and must be thinking of something else double checked it today.

I would actually drop Pixie Hairpin at this point if you shoot at close range with O Sash. It's only 1.2% ahead in damage (for comparison Relic+3 body is 1.8% ahead over Nyame in the test above), but with Nyame you get massive boost in defense, because Hairpin provides pretty much 0 defensive stats. You also get 40macc and 5skillchain bonus. Fair trade imo.
By Afania 2022-04-21 10:00:28  
SimonSes said: »
It's only 1.2% ahead in damage (for comparison Relic+3 body is 1.8% ahead over Nyame in the test above), but with Nyame you get massive boost in defense, because Hairpin provides pretty much 0 defensive stats. You also get 40macc and 5skillchain bonus. Fair trade imo.

No. :<

Dmg is mine :<
[+]
By Tathamet 2022-04-28 19:15:15  
Couple of questions regarding the COR MWS Calculator:

1) Base MAB and AGI - How is this determined? I'm thinking naked AGI, but no guess as to base MAB. Spreadsheet had 14 entered as the base MAB value and unsure where that's coming from.

2) Mythic Bonus and Mythic Augments - For a fully augment Death Penalty, how should this be entered? The default values of 30% and 6% aren't making much sense to me.

Thank you for clarifying.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-04-28 20:12:04  
14 MAB would be from gifts.
[+]
By Tathamet 2022-04-28 23:31:19  
Ah- one mystery solved.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2022-04-29 05:53:42  
Tathamet said: »
Couple of questions regarding the COR MWS Calculator:

1) Base MAB and AGI - How is this determined? I'm thinking naked AGI, but no guess as to base MAB. Spreadsheet had 14 entered as the base MAB value and unsure where that's coming from.

2) Mythic Bonus and Mythic Augments - For a fully augment Death Penalty, how should this be entered? The default values of 30% and 6% aren't making much sense to me.

Thank you for clarifying.

1 gifts

2 I would assume they had rank 6 and saved the original copy with the 6% you can just change it to whatever rank you have.
By Homsar 2022-05-09 01:05:18  
My Last Stands felt underpowered doing V15 Arebati right now. How's my set?

Path A Rostam
Nusku Shield
R15 Fom
Chrono Bullet
Nyame Head(5 WSD, 18 RATK)
JSE +2 Neck
Telos Earring
Moonshade
Laksa Frac +3
Meghanada Gloves +2
Regal Ring
Dingir Ring
Camulus Mantle(30 AGI, 20 RACC/ATK, WSD+10)
Fotia Belt
Nyame Flanchard(7 WSD, 18 RATK)
Lanun Bottes +3
By Afania 2022-05-09 01:18:24  
Homsar said: »
My Last Stands felt underpowered doing V15 Arebati right now. How's my set?

Path A Rostam
Nusku Shield
R15 Fom
Chrono Bullet
Nyame Head(5 WSD, 18 RATK)
JSE +2 Neck
Telos Earring
Moonshade
Laksa Frac +3
Meghanada Gloves +2
Regal Ring
Dingir Ring
Camulus Mantle(30 AGI, 20 RACC/ATK, WSD+10)
Fotia Belt
Nyame Flanchard(7 WSD, 18 RATK)
Lanun Bottes +3

Last stand will be underpowered on COR in v15 and far worse in v20 due to the lack of attack. It's also worse than SB due to the lack of attack boost from Naeg.

So the main priority is increase attack and lower enemy def with everything you can. Relic head +3 provides tons of attack and it seems to outperform my WSD+8 head at low attack on spreadsheet if ws avg is below certain level. Unless your Nyame head is fully done at r20-r25 Id probably swap it out. Always eat riverfin/oceanfin soup or something with even higher attack if you can afford the acc lose. Grape Daifuku(+1) doesn't cut it.

Always light shot dia and ask your RUN tank do armor break. BST is good at lower enemy defense too.

If you are on another real DD job like RNG or war drk drg then the lack of attack problem is't as bad. On COR you almost always have to deal with this problem in higher level Odyssey.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-09 01:32:20  
Relic head +3 provides tons of attack and it seems to outperform my WSD+8 head at low attack on spreadsheet
Wouldn't that also be true of relic pants +3 vs nyame ones?
By Afania 2022-05-09 06:34:27  
Asura.Essylt said: »
Relic head +3 provides tons of attack and it seems to outperform my WSD+8 head at low attack on spreadsheet
Wouldn't that also be true of relic pants +3 vs nyame ones?

Lanun legs seems weaker than head, because legs is 42 str 36 agi on lanun v.s 43 str 34 agi on nyame. The stat difference is low.

Head is 35 str 41 agi on lanun v.s 26 str 23 agi on nyame. The str AGI difference is HUGE.

I just checked, even at r25 Nyame head is still losing to Lanun head by single digit if attack is uncapped. But I guess you can still use nyame head for SC bonus if it's max rank AND doing last stand in Fomalhaut not arma.

And yes keep your nyame legs on unless you have something better from DM.

Overall I think Nyame set isn't that great for last stand since this ws benefits from wsd less than SB, and AGI on Nyame is too low on many pieces. I am also getting Nyame 25 body losing to Ikenga 25 body by a lot.
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2022-05-09 06:49:55  
On that note, is fotia neck/waist still considered bis for Last Stand?
By Afania 2022-05-09 06:53:49  
Asura.Essylt said: »
On that note, is fotia neck/waist still considered bis for Last Stand?

Did this got changed when I was away? Fotia neck/waist has always been BiS, with jse neck +2 being a good racc swap.
By Nariont 2022-05-09 07:38:30  
if atk is a concern would detonator be a better way to go? its peak is considerably lower but it gets a 2.0 atk mod to potentially compensate
[+]
 Bahamut.Spookyfish
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Spookyfish 2022-05-09 12:44:56  
Nariont said: »
if atk is a concern would detonator be a better way to go? its peak is considerably lower but it gets a 2.0 atk mod to potentially compensate

This helped our COR on V15, as RNG I swapped between this and Coronach if I went a little too hard during Double Shot. He stuck with Foma though, Arma was a little too much heat for his comfort.
[+]
By Afania 2022-05-10 01:19:15  

What a coincidence...I was just thinking about using detonator on v20 a few days ago for attack boost, and tried it on spreadsheet.....I think spreadsheet doesn't include the attack mod 2x attribute.

I can try to calculate by hand but I wasn't sure how it works exactly. Is it just current ranged attack gets 100% increase during ws? Anyone has info about this?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2022-05-10 01:24:41  

What a coincidence...I was just thinking about using detonator on v20 a few days ago for attack boost, and tried it on spreadsheet.....I think spreadsheet doesn't include the attack mod 2x attribute.

I can try to calculate by hand but I wasn't sure how it works exactly. Is it just current ranged attack gets 100% increase during ws? Anyone has info about this?
What's the current spreadsheet these days? That's a quick enough thing for me to update if my memory of the spreadsheet is still intect.

Edit: If it's actually missing.
By Afania 2022-05-10 04:08:37  
Asura.Chiaia said: »

What's the current spreadsheet these days? That's a quick enough thing for me to update if my memory of the spreadsheet is still intect.

Edit: If it's actually missing.

It's the one on the 1st page. Rattk cell in ranged tp set also has a bug by the way. It doesn't actually affect ra DPS in attack uncapped situations.
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 121 122 123