Random Politics & Religion #32

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #32
Random Politics & Religion #32
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50
By fonewear 2018-02-23 16:22:16  
Zerowone said: »
fonewear said: »
I'm worried about school shootings so much I decided to cover myself in bubble wrap and drink heavily. Wait that is what I normally do...

Don’t forget you never been to school either...

Well kindergarten but only nerf guns there.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-23 17:30:06  
I got in trouble in first grade for standing a few feet away from a friend and exchanging imaginary Mortal Kombat projectiles on the playground.

Some people be uptight, yo.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-23 19:00:54  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I got in trouble in first grade for standing a few feet away from a friend and exchanging imaginary Mortal Kombat projectiles on the playground.

Some people be uptight, yo.
I got in trouble in first grade for trying to tell the teacher about negative numbers....

Yours was cooler.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-23 19:03:14  
Candlejack said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is with a good guy with a machete !
There was a not quite good enough guy with a gun there...

Parkland shooting: Armed school resource officer ‘never went in’ to school during shooting

NBC News

Stoneman Douglas cop resigns; sheriff says he should have 'killed the killer'

Sun Sentinel, local
The reaction toward this cop surprises me, is it the standard procedure for cop all by himself to rush into a building and try to kill someone who is probably armed better than himself?
Nope, usually in such a situation the standard procedure in most places would be to secure the perimeter and wait for backup, maybe even the SWAT team. The guy was operating by the book in waiting outside instead of charging in to a blind situation with zero knowledge of how the shooter was armed.
There was no indication that he called for backup.

He just stood there quivering is his highly polished shoes.

WHILE HEARING GUNSHOTS.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:06:27  
So he had a gun but was scared to use it why have a gun then ?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-23 19:11:23  
To be fair, a school resource officer does not sign up to stop a school shooter.

They sign up to get out of patrol duty, to flash the badge, and to handcuff 12 year olds.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-23 19:12:12  
So much for the good guy with a gun theory.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:12:58  
To be fair, a school resource officer does not sign up to stop a school shooter.

They sign up to get out of patrol duty, to flash the badge, and to handcuff 12 year olds.

They should have let me at him I would have shot that sum *** for free.
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:13:25  
So much for the good guy with a gun theory.

You assume women don't use guns you sexist sum *** !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-02-23 19:18:33  
Well his job is to protect people. Maybe he should have done something. Instead of looking like a cowardly ***.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-02-24 02:20:22  
YouTube Video Placeholder

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-02-24 06:54:53  
Well his job is to protect people. Maybe he should have done something. Instead of looking like a cowardly ***.

Maybe he saw too many cop shows. Being close to retirement is a guarantee that someone is going to kill you.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-02-24 07:32:37  
The only problem I've had like that was that time I've talked about where my crazy cousin went on a rampage and kind-of shot at me. I had my 1911, but wasn't scared enough to use it. More accurately, I didn't feel using it would be justified. Which is kinda nuts.

I don't get scared much. Basically what happened was he took a Xanax the night before opening morning of deer season. Woke up late and got mad that no one woke him up. Stomped out, as dad and I were having coffee, we heard s gun shot in camp. "Go make sure he's ok." So, I walk out and "BOOM" he's walking down the trail shooting in various directions, shouting "Here, deer!"

He does this for like 20 minutes. In that time, this commotion jumps up a deer which another guy shoots and I have to pass crazy to go help retrieve. So, I get down there, and crazy shows up, shouting, bitching, etc. Muzzle-sweeps me and this other guy and pulls the trigger. Bullet kicks up leaves about 3-4 feet to my right. Two other hunters come up the hill, rifles in hand (one being my brother), and after screaming psycho babble at my brother, he turns and heads back up the trail, shooting in all directions again and shouting. I call back to camp to tell Dad to take cover. Luckily he runs out of ammo and returns to his truck on the verge of tears.

Later on, he complains that he "spent a lot of money coming up here" to which I tell him that he just blew through a box and a half of ammo which isn't cheap.

He isn't allowed to hunt with us anymore. We don't even talk to him.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-02-24 08:47:12  
I am looking for the actual case to research but it was Mark (Klepeski or something like that vs supreme court.) it was just on news that proves why these gun laws are terrible.

Case story: A man loses his wife and daughter in a car accident caused by a drunk driver 10 years ago in California. He is grieving and having a hard time so his doctor prescribes antidepressants. He was only on them for 6 months and he came to terms with his loss and got off the meds. Fast forward to 10 years later. He is remarried and applies for a gun permit. He is denied because he has a past history of mental illness. He appeals decision in California and is denied again.

Now it just so happens that this gentleman is a lawyer and took this all the way to the supreme court and won. This case was last year so it should not be to hard for me to find when I get home.

How many people did this law hit that did not have the money to appeal or challenge this butchering of the basic rights?

I brought this up on my Congressman's website as he had a pro gun post and liberals in my area were flaming him. Their response was if it kept the gun out of one crazy persons hand then it was worth the injustice. I say that's like comparing the fact that 10 people are arrested and only 1 is guilty but you got that 1 guilty person so *** the other 9.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-24 11:21:03  
Anna Ruthven said: »
The only problem I've had like that was that time I've talked about where my crazy cousin went on a rampage and kind-of shot at me. I had my 1911, but wasn't scared enough to use it. More accurately, I didn't feel using it would be justified. Which is kinda nuts.

I don't get scared much. Basically what happened was he took a Xanax the night before opening morning of deer season. Woke up late and got mad that no one woke him up. Stomped out, as dad and I were having coffee, we heard s gun shot in camp. "Go make sure he's ok." So, I walk out and "BOOM" he's walking down the trail shooting in various directions, shouting "Here, deer!"

He does this for like 20 minutes. In that time, this commotion jumps up a deer which another guy shoots and I have to pass crazy to go help retrieve. So, I get down there, and crazy shows up, shouting, bitching, etc. Muzzle-sweeps me and this other guy and pulls the trigger. Bullet kicks up leaves about 3-4 feet to my right. Two other hunters come up the hill, rifles in hand (one being my brother), and after screaming psycho babble at my brother, he turns and heads back up the trail, shooting in all directions again and shouting. I call back to camp to tell Dad to take cover. Luckily he runs out of ammo and returns to his truck on the verge of tears.

Later on, he complains that he "spent a lot of money coming up here" to which I tell him that he just blew through a box and a half of ammo which isn't cheap.

He isn't allowed to hunt with us anymore. We don't even talk to him.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-02-24 13:47:21  
Odin.Slore said: »
Case story: A man loses his wife and daughter in a car accident caused by a drunk driver 10 years ago in California. He is grieving and having a hard time so his doctor prescribes antidepressants. He was only on them for 6 months and he came to terms with his loss and got off the meds. Fast forward to 10 years later. He is remarried and applies for a gun permit. He is denied because he has a past history of mental illness. He appeals decision in California and is denied again.
I deal with bouts of depression but don't see a professional about it for this reason.

Depression can go hand in hand with suicide but depression and suicide are not the same thing nor does it mean I'm going to kill anyone else.

A lot of shootings ARE caused mental illness but there really isn't an umbrella solution with the way things are.

Personally, I think depression can be more of a neurological disorder than a mental illness, isn't it caused by chemical imbalances in the brain?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-24 14:58:12  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Personally, I think depression can be more of a neurological disorder than a mental illness, isn't it caused by chemical imbalances in the brain?
Yes it can be. I think its a serotonin based thing.

But it can also be caused by a metric shitton of bad things in your life.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-24 20:59:26  
Trump tax reform gives Buffett $29bn boost
BBC

What's in your wallet?
By fonewear 2018-02-25 10:43:24  
I am 1776:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-25 11:02:58  
Alex Jones is my spirit animal.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-25 11:03:59  
There may have been 4 not do good guys with guns who were too chickenshit to go into that school in Parkland....

Cops Say Deputies Waited Outside School During Shooting
Officers upset armed deputies didn't enter high school to confront Parkland shooter, sources say

Newser

Quote:
The school resource officer said to have waited outside Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School during the Feb. 14 shooting that left 17 dead may not have been alone. The Sun-Sentinel reports Coral Springs police officers say several deputies from the Broward County Sheriff's Office also waited outside the school in Parkland, Florida, during the shooting instead of going inside to confront the shooter or help injured students and teachers. Police sources tell CNN that officers arrived at the school to find three deputies with their guns drawn standing behind their vehicles. The officers then entered the school on the direction of the deputies. Sources say the officers were upset the deputies already on the scene didn't follow them inside.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel says the allegations from three officers were brought to him by the Coral Springs police chief. “If we find out, as we did with Peterson, that our deputies made mistakes and didn’t go in, I’ll handle it like I always have," he tells the Sun-Sentinel. Israel suspended school resource officer Scot Peterson, who then retired, earlier this week. The sheriff's office says it will interview the officers who complained about the deputies' actions, and officials are reviewing footage to corroborate the allegations. Skip Campbell, the mayor of Coral Springs, says if the allegations are true, "it not only makes me angry, it makes me furious."
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2018-02-25 12:57:30  
Broward County sheriff: 'Of course I won't resign'
The Hill

TLDR: His department missed many red flags, 4 of his officers cowered outside the school, but is has no bearing on his job performance.
By fonewear 2018-02-25 13:17:38  
Broward County sheriff: 'Of course I won't resign'
The Hill

TLDR: His department missed many red flags, 4 of his officers cowered outside the school, but is has no bearing on his job performance.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2018-02-25 23:26:47  
I am 1776:

Holy ***Fone, I nearly sprayed mountain dew out my nose.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-26 09:52:48  
This crisis actors got their scripted memorized pretty quick:

[+]
By fonewear 2018-02-26 09:56:16  
#neveragain

Six weeks later another school shooting.

Time to ban schools !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 48 49 50