users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis-Divergence Findings
Dynamis-Divergence Findings
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
 Asura.Darian
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-05 07:51:17  
For those with low man numbers, we were able to full clear first time in Sandy with GEO BRD WHM BLUx2. Keep up Victory, Ballad 3 and Scherzo. Acumen Malaise. BLUs stagger Floes and Entomb to keep mobs stunned. BRD/THF with TH4 set. About 350 cards a wave and a handful of shards.
 Shiva.Hiep
サーバ: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2018-03-05 09:01:56  
Can anyone else confirm 350 a wave? My group's been cleaving about 95% of each wave, excluding NMs and we only get 285. This is with a THF/BLM tagging everything. I guess we get 300 if you count for medals that free fall, but 350 seems a bit high.
By ocean 2018-03-05 10:23:25  
Shiva.Hiep said: »
Can anyone else confirm 350 a wave? My group's been cleaving about 95% of each wave, excluding NMs and we only get 285. This is with a THF/BLM tagging everything. I guess we get 300 if you count for medals that free fall, but 350 seems a bit high.

About the same return for us as well.
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-03-05 21:48:13  
Shiva.Hiep said: »

According to my logs of our past 6 runs, we've ranged between 400 and 450 cards with our last run on Saturday hitting 461 for Wave 1. This is excluding medals and including all NMs and Aurix. We bring 1-2 THFs depending on how many people we have and if we have the primary roles filled.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-05 21:59:45  
Anyone figure out how to keep Aurix from taking off early? Sometimes he stays around for awhile, other times he takes off within a few seconds of engaging.
 Sylph.Gobbo
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2018-03-05 22:21:29  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Anyone figure out how to keep Aurix from taking off early? Sometimes he stays around for awhile, other times he takes off within a few seconds of engaging.

On initial pull he usually sticks around until we drop him to about 40ish% where he'll Frypan within a few TP moves. 2nd pull he bounces almost off the bat. 3rd pull we've never seen him run and in fact in our last run had him use Goblin Dice to heal to full and still killed him. There's been like 3 times where we've seen him actually cast Warp instead of using Frypan and still haven't figured out what causes this outside of a theory relating to amount of statues left.
By hobo 2018-03-06 00:48:22  
Anyone working on a detailed map for Windy like was done for Sandy and Bastok? Those are gonna be extra useful with the upcoming body shards. I see Kiyarasubrosa started one for pre-midboss, which was put on BG, just wanted to know if a more complete one is in the works.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-06 01:20:58  
For us the majority of the times it's
1st pop => Stays a while
2nd pop => Warps in a few secs
3rd pop => Stays a while

For us it only happened once (in Windy) that he stayed a lot even on second pop.

Very small sample so possibly just a coincidence, dunno.
Sometimes we managed to kill on 1st pop because, I dunno, probably we had stored TP and/or got lucky with MA/crit procs or something.
It's a pain with Frailty because it takes like 1 second to cast plus ~2 seconds for the effect to actually apply.
We tipically use CDs like BoG and stuff like that for 1st and 3rd pop and avoid on 2nd because most of the time they just get wasted (early warp)

Another thing we noticed is that there's something strange about his HP.
Several times we bring him to like 10-20% and when he's back he's at 40%+.
I don't think he "regens" or anything, I just thing it's a matter of lag, like for us the players it stayed until 10-20 but for the server it warped at 40%, or something?
That's the explanation I gave at least but it could be something else.
Never occurred to anybody else? Happens quite often to us, altough not everytime.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-06 01:25:28  
Did anybody sort out the difference between Blue and Green in Windurst btw? Last I read there were just unconfirmed theories about it, whereas for Bastok and Sandy looks like we nailed it.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-03-06 03:12:33  
Asura.Sechs said: »
For us the majority of the times it's
1st pop => Stays a while
2nd pop => Warps in a few secs
3rd pop => Stays a while

For us it only happened once (in Windy) that he stayed a lot even on second pop.

Very small sample so possibly just a coincidence, dunno.
Sometimes we managed to kill on 1st pop because, I dunno, probably we had stored TP and/or got lucky with MA/crit procs or something.
It's a pain with Frailty because it takes like 1 second to cast plus ~2 seconds for the effect to actually apply.
We tipically use CDs like BoG and stuff like that for 1st and 3rd pop and avoid on 2nd because most of the time they just get wasted (early warp)

Another thing we noticed is that there's something strange about his HP.
Several times we bring him to like 10-20% and when he's back he's at 40%+.
I don't think he "regens" or anything, I just thing it's a matter of lag, like for us the players it stayed until 10-20 but for the server it warped at 40%, or something?
That's the explanation I gave at least but it could be something else.
Never occurred to anybody else? Happens quite often to us, altough not everytime.
I dont think it's a question of lag. more like a minimum HP he has when he pops for the second time (killing the midboss reset him). our first encounter with aurix, some month ago, we got it to 1% before he warped and he repoped at 40% too. (that or the numbers really trolled us and it happened to have been at the same exact HP level before engaging the warp process but i doubt it)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-06 04:34:39  
I don't think it's a "meant-to-be" mechanic Ajirha, because it doesn't happen all of the times.
Sometimes (often?) he repops with a lot more HP, but then again some other times he repops with pretty much the amount he had when we let him warp, soooo... I don't know really, it feels like something about a difference between client-data and server-data, but then again I can't say, was just throwing out an hypothesys.
 Asura.Tronian
user: Tronian
By Asura.Tronian 2018-03-06 05:25:18  
Asura.Darian said: »
For those with low man numbers, we were able to full clear first time in Sandy with GEO BRD WHM BLUx2. Keep up Victory, Ballad 3 and Scherzo. Acumen Malaise. BLUs stagger Floes and Entomb to keep mobs stunned. BRD/THF with TH4 set. About 350 cards a wave and a handful of shards.

how do you kill mid-boss and mega boss with the above config?
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-03-06 06:33:57  
Asura.Tronian said: »

Not everyone kills the mega boss but the midboss could be easily bursted to kill from the Blus and Geo.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-06 09:21:54  
Asura.Tronian said: »

We skip mega boss. BLUs sub nin and CDC light for GEO to MB on mid. You could also just spam same nukes on him. Floe, Crush, Lightning, Entomb all hit him for about 15k with Burst Affinity around 30k. Forgot to say pull only blue eyes.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-03-07 16:59:00  
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've noticed in Dynamis Windurst melee WS is almost doubled on Green pulls. So there may be more to it than just Single/AoE nukes
By Boshi 2018-03-07 17:00:54  
the eye colour determines their weakness

i don't pull for my group but off top of head:

blue is magic weak
green is melee weak
no eyes i think is aurix
red eyes i think is nm
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-03-07 17:19:42  
Blue and green weaknesses change in each area. What you said happens only in Sandoria.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-03-07 19:20:38  
San'doria
Blue = Magic Weak
Green = Melee weak

Bastok
Blue = Light weak
Green = Dark weak

Windy
Blue = Single target magic / AoE WS?
Green = AoE magic weak / Single target WS? <--- this is what I saw this evening
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-07 20:04:47  
Bismarck.Feanorsof said: »
Windy

It's damage type.
Green = use slashing damage
Blue = user piercing damage

We got a solid strat for Windy MB yet?

Strike that, read the wiki discussion and he seems like a pushover with Atomos spam.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-07 20:05:40  
What's the drop pattern like on boss Volte pieces?
By iambatman3131 2018-03-07 23:55:07  
What is the lowest recast timer people are getting on Atomos?

I have hastega 2 and cornella, 81% FC gear, and best i am seeing is 19 secs.
 Bismarck.Feanorsof
By Bismarck.Feanorsof 2018-03-08 04:34:49  
Windy

It's damage type.

Strike that, read the wiki discussion and he seems like a pushover with Atomos spam.

Is this something you tested? I ask as our THF found that his damage went up when we switched to Green
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-08 04:38:44  
It's not pierce vs slash, at least exclusively.

Green take more damage from (single target physical) ws, greens melt to Rudra so it's not slashing.

Blue seem to take less damage from (single target physical) ws

It's much harder to figure out the exact gimmick for windy, leaden seems to be roughly the same on either color.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-08 06:54:50  
Windy

It's damage type.

Is this something you tested? I ask as our THF found that his damage went up when we switched to Green

Yes it's something we've been doing inside Windy. Our pulling tank tries to pull green eyed statues because most of our damage is slashing, occasionally a blue eyed stat can't be avoided and it's incredibly noticeable when Upheaval / Savage Blades drop in damage. Pull out my Polearm and Stardivers doing regular damage, our COR's use Last Stand and it does normal damage.

Not saying there might not also be a magic element component, but for physical it's pretty noticeable.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-08 07:20:12  
Sounds strange they're leaving out Blunt though.
Maybe it's like you're saying but there's more to it.
Like making some silly and not realistic example:

Green: Slashing/Blunt
Blue: Piercing/Ranged

Granted that ranged IS piercing damage, but I was just trying to pass on the idea that Blunt is gotta be there somewhere, really don't see SE making specific types for Slashing and Piercing only, they can't be that dumb, can they?
(maybe they can...)
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-03-08 08:44:24  
It's likely there are more components to it then just slashing/piercing, that's just what we've been using.
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-03-08 14:08:55  
Asura.Geriond said: »
What's the drop pattern like on boss Volte pieces?

Pretty ***. With a thief I'd eyeball the drop rate on the boss body to be around 10-15%.

I'd guess the remaining volte pieces have a drop rate of somewhere around 3-5% from the random NM's.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-08 14:19:18  
Does the boss drop the other pieces?
 Sylph.Wardeniv
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniv 2018-03-08 15:02:16  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Does the boss drop the other pieces?

No. Megaboss drops body only as far as gear goes. The lesser boss (statue) drops nothing but medals/tags. If either drop anything else, the drop rate is so negligible that no one has reported it to the best of my knowledge.

The remaining pieces come from lesser NM's, which are seemingly completely random and have no link to the NM's respective jobs/etc. However, I cannot be 100% certain on this latter part since the drop rate is so low.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-08 21:48:07  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Granted that ranged IS piercing damage

Technically it isn't the same thing. H2H and blunt aren't actually the same thing either. They just get lumped together since weaknesses are generally shared between them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30