MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-05 01:07:09  
Afania said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Afania said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Can all the aeonic bosses be cleared with MB strategy? I'm just trying to demonstrate that one strategy is just simply superior for this task.

Yes except Erinys. In 2015-2016 That was how aeonics were done.

Well, it's good to know there's a consistent alternate strategy. You don't have to use your brain for SMN though, that's where it really shines

Ah, more like blm was the only endgame strategy at that time. In 2015 and early 2016, if you don't have run blm sch idris geo or nice friends then you dont get invite to endgame groups period lol. It wasn't so different from smn only nowadays.

I'd say even post 2017 when smn was dominate, the setup for endgame in 2017 era still had way more variety than blm only era.

If I was active back then I would have bitched about it, don't worry
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 07:54:42  
Draylo said: »
What NMs are you talking about for end game that REQUIRE zerging?

Its not required, only that faster kills = easier and safer wins. This in turn leads players to seek the faster method as that's the path of least resistance.

Then I outlined why this is true, that difficulty in FFXI is just dice rolls and by lower the number of dice rolls the enemy gets you dramatically lower the chance of something bad happening. "Strategy" is mostly about which buffs to use, how to program your character automation (lua/react/ect) and occasionally coordinating something special like bard swaps or which thing to hit.

That's pitiful by any standard.

Now to compare I'll use a raid I just did the other night called the Curse of Strahd. This is a super short synopsis. It's for twelve people and you need one tank and one healer, everyone is expected to be capable of taking care of themselves for short periods of time and brings their own meds or remove status ailments.

Everyone gathers at start and enters raid, there are three items that must be taken, the Sunsword, the Icon of Ravenloft and Holy Symbol of Ravenkind. The first NPC will pull cards from a deck and the players must write down the order that the five cards are pulled (M D B H I for example)

Go in first room, kill trash, focus kill 3 Greater Shadows of Hate that have a stacking on-hit effect of reducing your max HP, curse potions remove this. After their dead, split up and search out smaller shadows of hate while tank goes into sergei's room and activates Strahd. After the shadows are dead and Strahd is finished his monologue exit to the starting room and tank to the NPC. The NPC will open a door to the tower and the real raid begins.

The tower is covered in traps with only a narrow ledge that can be walked on, a character with trap skills must go forward and disarm them while the rest of the fights the constantly re-spawning mobs. Every 30s someone will randomly be inflicted with "Grip of Strahd", it's a 15s terror (ffxi speak) effect that kills them upon expiring. When this happens one of the people carrying the Holy Symbol or Icon need to use their item to remove the Grip, these items recharge every 30s. Upon safely reaching the top the first fight against Strahd starts. Inside Strahd will summon trash mobs and randomly put down several blue circles, get out of the circles or take a few thousand damage. Trash mobs will overwhelm the group if not kept down. After causing Strahd to run away you leave his room and the tank stays to hold Strahd (he'll reappear in next area) while the rest use dimension door back to the start, use rest shrine, and get ready for doors.

In doors the players split up so that one person is in each of the ten clusters of doors map while the tank waits for the signal. Once the signal is given the tank exits the tower causing Strahd to spawn and the doors to unlock, each player must now check their four doors looking for torches labeled with the names from the cards, upon finding one they call out it's name and location (M 8.1) and check all their other doors. Once all are found the players need to hit them in the sequence given at the start. During this time tons of trash mobs will spawn and start swarming the players, hitting the fifth correct torch cause's the trash to despawn. After all touches are lit players gather at entrance to final room.

After resting and buffs, players enter the final fight that has Strahd and his three brides. Strahd starts out invincible but hitting him with the Sunsword makes him vulnerable for a short period, thus a melee needs to nerf their DPS to keep him vulnerable, for us it's usually the tank. Work Strahd's HP down to about 5~10%, then disengage and work all three of his brides HP's down to similar levels, if one is killed it will respawn at full health. Cause Strahd's HP to hit 0, then immediately kill all three brides, then the person carrying the Sunsword plunges it into his chest and you win the raid. If these aren't done in order, Strahd regens back to 25% and the brides are all back at 100%. Lots of circles and red mist to avoid as they are all instant death to any non-tank character.

And that is one of the more straight forward raids, Tempest Shrine and Fire on the Mountain are more complicated, Temple of the Deathwyrm gives people nightmares. This is just a good example of one requiring teamwork, communication, division of roles and a general amount of utility.
[+]
By Taint 2019-03-05 09:05:54  
Sounds similar to FFXIV 24 man raids where you split into groups and have task/objectives to complete before getting to a boss fight. 100% agree they would be fun. Some
Of the raid bosses like bahamut floor 10 even had you split magic and melee for different paths.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBqmBFosfk
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 09:37:12  
Taint said: »
Sounds similar to FFXIV 24 man raids where you split into groups and have task/objectives to complete before getting to a boss fight. 100% agree they would be fun. Some
Of the raid bosses like bahamut floor 10 even had you split magic and melee for different paths.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBqmBFosfk

The Strahd raid is rather simple compared to the rest. Old Baba's Hut you literally have to split into two teams each including a tank to kite these huge scarecrows, a puzzler to solve the puzzles, a healer to keep people alive, and DPS's to kill simultaneously kill trash. The puzzle's only unlock once the trash is killed and only remain unlocked while the trash is dead, the moment a single trash mob respawns the puzzle locks and you need to kill them again. It means you need to coordinate the kills. As each team progress's it opens up the path for the other team, so your limited by the puzzle speed of the other team. If you take too long a swarm and flies shows up and everyone starts taking a large DoT until it's a wipe. The actual boss fight is hilarious cause she has thus HUGE *** HOUSE that randomly chases one person in the raid group. If the house gets near them it'll do this ground slam attack that knocks everyone nearby away and inflicts a slow / stun effect. Basically whomever has "house hate" disengages and kites it around until the house changes target.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BffO2UgxPLc

Lots of fun fights that involve teamwork and coordination instead of just buff buff DPS vomit. That's real difficulty and skill.
VIP
By Lili 2019-03-05 13:11:13  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Lots of fun fights that involve teamwork and coordination instead of just buff buff DPS vomit. That's real difficulty and skill.

It sounds really nice, but let me ask you this: what's the cheat situation over there?

Because we did have content like that (granted, forever ago), but movement hacks kinda killed it, and are why we never got more of it ever again imo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2019-03-05 13:52:27  
I'm waiting for nin to be the preferred tanking job
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2019-03-05 14:00:20  
NIN needs native Evasion Bonus traits, kind of amazing it doesn’t have any really.
By Taint 2019-03-05 14:08:39  
volkom said: »
I'm waiting for nin to be the preferred tanking job

Shadow tanking was extremely fun when it was relevant. Even PLD/NIN, DRK/NIN, MNK/NIN, RDM/NIN etc. Definitely an element of FFXI that was unique. Ichi timing was a true skill with little to no FC.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 14:08:56  
Lili said: »
It sounds really nice, but let me ask you this: what's the cheat situation over there?

Zero, doesn't exist.

There are no third party programs no a need for them as the games client works remarkably well, especially considering it's age.

There are definitely some balance concerns in that the super open class system leads to some broken munchkin builds, overall that doesn't really effect game play since it's more about strategy and teamwork and less about raw DPS. Being able to kill the big boss 2 minutes faster doesn't mean squat when it's the hordes of adds and random champions that can wipe you.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 14:17:41  
So for our 13th aniversary the Dev's re-released an earlier joke item called Rose Colored Goggles.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Rose_Colored_Goggles

Quote:
Feeling nostalgic? Put these on to bring yourself back to 2006, where things were so much simpler.

Background is that 2006 was when the game was released and the level cap was 10, it's currently 30. Putting these on gives the player a massive debuff called "Echoes of 2006" that lowers their stats to circa 2006 level 10 status. Once glamours they will change color based on the worn armor, looks really cool.

See these guys really get their player base.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-05 14:48:13  
Ruaumoko said: »
NIN needs native Evasion Bonus traits, kind of amazing it doesn’t have any really.

This move just needs an entire overhaul completely.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 15:36:31  
Yeah Stealth should impose a higher minimum evade rate of like 5~10% per rank along with a big evasion bonus.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2019-03-05 19:44:04  
NIN can have evasion traits, if THF can have hide be their super jump
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-03-05 20:08:32  
I still want Sneak Attack and Trick Attack to be always-on job traits rather than job abilities.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-05 20:31:36  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »

This would be a great idea. I'm all for DPS jobs having forms of enmity dumping or transfer.
[+]
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-05 21:16:30  

This would be a great idea. I'm all for DPS jobs having forms of enmity dumping or transfer.

For a job that's supposed to be the master of enmity control, THF not having a hate shed is truly out of place.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2019-03-05 22:56:59  
Marootsoobootsu said: »

For a job that's supposed to be the master of enmity control, THF not having a hate shed is truly out of place.

What are you talking about? I /DRG for wave 3 and it works great.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-05 23:11:39  
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

No native hate shed, and you know darn well what I meant, you.
[+]
By Nariont 2019-03-06 05:38:08  
Just have hide wipe hate regardless of whether the mov tracks by sight or not, unlink collab/accomp and change accomplice to give hate. Think with both those changes thf would have decent control of pt enmity
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-03-06 09:34:41  

Death is a native hate reset all jobs have access to.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-03-06 09:50:39  
Asura.Meliorah said: »

Death is a native hate reset all jobs have access to.

And my favorite one on Ranger.
[+]
By volkom 2019-03-06 16:06:01  
I wonder after all the job adjustments are finished, will SE start making changes to races.

I kinda wanna see galka dual wield gaxes or mithra do guns akimbo
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-06 16:07:34  
I wonder after all the job adjustments are finished, will SE start making changes to races.

Make every races stats equal. Taru dd's and galka/elv mages will rejoice
By volkom 2019-03-06 16:10:02  
Asura.Chaostaru said: »

No D; they should allow for stat point allocation instead then.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-06 16:23:24  

More than that. Whether its proven or not, I swear taru's have the worst Melee acc in the entire game, Id like that to change lol
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2019-03-06 16:32:12  

More than that. Whether its proven or not, I swear taru's have the worst Melee acc in the entire game, Id like that to change lol
Meh they're down 7 points compared to Mithra Dex and equal to everything else aside from Elvaan(lol Elvaan Dex). Unless there's a secret Acc racial stat I don't think bringing them together is going to make a difference in any regard.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-03-06 21:26:01  
I rather liked the extreme difference in stats via races
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-03-06 22:03:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I rather liked the extreme difference in stats via races
I dont. 75 era it made sense but now with all the jobs a person plays it doesnt. I hate being handicapped playing DD, yea i have an upper hand playing mage jobs but id trade that for equality.

Or just give us the ability to buy a Race change token or w.e on the SE site like ff14 does.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2019-03-06 22:09:36  
Pretty sure in the era of Stat +34597394583795 vomit gear, missing 2 DEX isn't as brutal as it was in 75 era though
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 97 98 99 ... 427 428 429