users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 422 423 424

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Justuas 2018-07-25 08:03:09  
DirectX said: »
Does anyone know what we are getting in the next patch? I heard rumours of "new content".
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/A.M.A.N._Trove
Is it group content?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-07-25 09:02:22  
Augmentable waist pieces?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-07-25 09:23:25  
Accessories? Meh. They just added dynamis d necks which I doubt they'll outdate once augments are in game. Also doubt any back armor would beat ambuscade capes. A refresh+1 back armor or neck piece would be something unique I guess.

Really just remains to be seen I'd say. This seems like it's otherwise providing an alternative method to obtain items, so the unique drops may not need to be the absolute best to still be appealing. Nice all-around items a la Sanctity Necklace could also be good. As would multi/all-jobs capes somewhat comparable to common Ambuscade ones.

Not sure if they've elaborated on how the Silver Vouchers will be obtained. It'd probably makes sense to implement them as an alternative to spending sparks/accolades on things to NPC.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-25 09:26:38  
They took the horrible idea behind Omen free floors with Treasure Portents and just put a boss in 1/10 boxes. I will laugh hysterically if this event takes places in reisenjima (since they mentioned geas feat drops), on the same circular floor as free floor room. That'd literally be the laziest "content" ever, but I'm sure it would be lightyears better than the current omen free floors, where 9/10 boxes contain 846 gil.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-07-25 09:48:38  
The screenshot they have looks like one of the beastmen BC areas (Balga's Dais, etc). So, probably not in Reisenjima.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Faloun
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-25 15:25:29  
Maybe it will drop omen bodies and hands at a higher rate LOL
Lol
By Nyarlko 2018-07-25 18:32:23  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Not sure if they've elaborated on how the Silver Vouchers will be obtained. It'd probably makes sense to implement them as an alternative to spending sparks/accolades on things to NPC.

Pretty sure I just forgot to talk about it when they talked about it during the last FP. IIRC, we'll buy the Silver vouchers with Copper vouchers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2018-07-26 02:17:27  
Nyarlko said: »

Pretty sure I just forgot to talk about it when they talked about it during the last FP. IIRC, we'll buy the Silver vouchers with Copper vouchers.
"Players will be able to enter this battlefield using an orb obtained by exchanging the silver vouchers, which is planned to become available by exchanging through Record of Eminence."

I interpreted this to be the same as how we obtain Ambuscade Volume KIs.
 Asura.Yso
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yso 2018-07-26 09:18:29  
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

"Players will be able to enter this battlefield using an orb obtained by exchanging the silver vouchers, which is planned to become available by exchanging through Record of Eminence."

Why not both?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-26 09:32:36  
Asura.Yso said: »
Bismarck.Xurion said: »

Why not both?

The key word in the quote being "exchanging", combined with Nyariko's comments from the FP stream that they will come by exchanging copper for silver vouchers, I'd say we won't have kill lists ala getting an Ambu voucher.

Does make me regret blowing up 70 vouchers for my ghastly,verdigris,and wailing stones for my Epeo.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-26 10:35:55  
There was not much we spent our Vouchers on anyways, so most of us have a few hundreds saved. You can get several within a few hours, so within a week you can amass 30~+ or so without much effort. I guess the conversion rate is what is in question. Perhaps they will allow sparks conversion into Silver, which would be easier, though I'm expecting a 10:1 ratio from Copper to Silver.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-07-27 09:32:53  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
There was not much we spent our Vouchers on anyways, so most of us have a few hundreds saved. You can get several within a few hours, so within a week you can amass 30~+ or so without much effort. I guess the conversion rate is what is in question. Perhaps they will allow sparks conversion into Silver, which would be easier, though I'm expecting a 10:1 ratio from Copper to Silver.

My personal/unfounded predictions:
10:1 IF it works like orb BCNMs and it's 1x per person per fight.
3:1~5:1 IF it works like HTBs, so each player needs the item and one is consumed from each player per fight.

Gut feeling is that they will want it to be something that the average player can do once per day, so cost should probably balance out to be not insanely high. Not looking forward to fighting Kist knockoffs either way. >_<;;

So long as it costs coppers tho, should be stupidly easy to spam. My personal record is currently ~20 coppers per hour by farming gear to turn in. :3

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 09:42:13  
Not looking forward to fighting Kist knockoffs either way.

I didn't get the impression we were going to be fighting Mimics from the initial explanation, though they could be lazy and bring that back.

Quote:
The Adventurer's Mutual Aid Network (A.M.A.N.) have prepared some treasure trove for our adventurers. This is scheduled for implementation in August. To simply put, in this content, players will open boxes. There are ten boxes available, and one is a dummy box with strong monsters hidden within. If the monsters spawn, you'll need to defeat them to be able to leave the field and take the items back with you. Players can freely choose how many boxes they would like to open. Players will find new accessories that can only be obtained from this content, as well as equipment from the Geas Fete, and materials from Delve.

Sounds like a gamble event where you pick as many as you want and can leave at will, but may end up picking a boss chest, and keep the items until you kill the boss. That gimmick is kind of interesting, as it does a good balance between allowing newer/not skilled players to still enter and "try their luck" at a few new items, while the more experienced crowd can open every chest and go for whatever challenge awaits. Personally, I hope the boss drops extra loot just for going through the trouble of trying it. Otherwise, I don't see any real reason people would try this in a group when they can open 3~6 chests and bounce.
By Nyarlko 2018-07-28 07:27:24  
Not looking forward to fighting Kist knockoffs either way.

I didn't get the impression we were going to be fighting Mimics from the initial explanation, though they could be lazy and bring that back.

Quote:
The Adventurer's Mutual Aid Network (A.M.A.N.) have prepared some treasure trove for our adventurers. This is scheduled for implementation in August. To simply put, in this content, players will open boxes. There are ten boxes available, and one is a dummy box with strong monsters hidden within. If the monsters spawn, you'll need to defeat them to be able to leave the field and take the items back with you. Players can freely choose how many boxes they would like to open. Players will find new accessories that can only be obtained from this content, as well as equipment from the Geas Fete, and materials from Delve.

Sounds like a gamble event where you pick as many as you want and can leave at will, but may end up picking a boss chest, and keep the items until you kill the boss. That gimmick is kind of interesting, as it does a good balance between allowing newer/not skilled players to still enter and "try their luck" at a few new items, while the more experienced crowd can open every chest and go for whatever challenge awaits. Personally, I hope the boss drops extra loot just for going through the trouble of trying it. Otherwise, I don't see any real reason people would try this in a group when they can open 3~6 chests and bounce.

Rewatched the FP40 segment on YouTube atm, just to confirm things.
* Pretty sure that the "boss chest" is a mimic... Since Fujito said as much several times. Also emphasized that the monster is "super strong"...
* Some of the rewards stated to be: New accessories, Geas Fete equipment, and Delve boss mats.
* Doesn't seem that they clarified if it was group or solo content. I'm leaning towards solo at this point, which would completely eliminate any potential skill/gear requirements.

Basically, it's a 10-round Russian Roulette, you can walk away with your current loot at any time (that the boss is not active.)
9 boxes are loot, and 1 box is (most likely intended-to-be) certain death. XD

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-28 12:24:46  
If he's just golden kist reborn, ninja blade:ei spam or Blu/sch/rdm/run np. I can't see this being solo but we will see
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-07-28 12:49:33  
I'm more expecting that if you pop the mob, it's just a straight game over type move, with the point of the content being the roulette nature, not a true fight.
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2018-07-28 13:23:42  
Sorcerer's ring v2!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-28 13:44:51  
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Treasure_and_Tribulations

You could still win this fight. Though solo it was nearly impossible. But sharing treasure? Nothx.
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-07-28 13:56:42  
Yeah, well I can imagine the future.

I would go in, open the 1st box and get something like "Oak Log" or more Vouchers. Then I would be like "Da Fuq!?". Then I would open the next box and get something decent. Then I would try to open another one, hoping for something better. Then I would get the wrong box and it would be game over.

This is SE. Do you think they wouldn't give you a ton of logs and other random stuff?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-28 14:01:55  
This is how nearly every content has been milked for YEARS. They didn't even fill every treasure chest in Omen, rather they just put gil in 70% of them. Good chance 7/10 boxes contain "random vendor garbage", two have an accessory and a delve mat each, and the last is a boss. Overall I'm seeing a 10% chance of getting something useful.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-07-28 14:09:07  
Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah...
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-07-28 15:23:49  
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah...

They specifically referenced "three boxes" as part of the early concept, so maybe they were thinking of the same thing? XD

The final version is meant to be like "that game where you stick swords into a pirate" where you can get a game over at any time, hence why I think the "boss" is not intended to be defeatable and more of a straight Game Over.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-07-28 16:46:00  
This is how nearly every content has been milked for YEARS. They didn't even fill every treasure chest in Omen, rather they just put gil in 70% of them. Good chance 7/10 boxes contain "random vendor garbage", two have an accessory and a delve mat each, and the last is a boss. Overall I'm seeing a 10% chance of getting something useful.

If it's russian roulette style then the odds of getting the 'good item' in your scenario are closer to 50% (assuming you exit when you get it.)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 62 63 64 ... 422 423 424