users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 433 434 435
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 09:27:50  
This discussion is proof I don't know ***about what's really going on in FFXI. All this talk about shields, botting, spheres. I thought I was doing something farming Fu's stones for money. I'm always behind ; ;
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 09:36:49  
Shiva.Cziella said: »
Although I know it's fun to hate and botters and what not, the notes says you only need Aurum Tome Key Item, you get that KI before you touch any of the sphere farming phase, so you don't need to bot anything to make those weapons, do ppl with "finished" shields have aa advantage since they'll most likely just HQ and overprice things? sure, but that's another point, can't say you "CAN'T CRAFT NEW WEAPONS, DIDN'T BOT A SHIELD" at all.
Oh sweet summer child
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 09:38:03  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This discussion is proof I don't know ***about what's really going on in FFXI. All this talk about shields, botting, spheres. I thought I was doing something farming Fu's stones for money. I'm always behind ; ;

Can't blame you really for being behind on that particularly.

These shields are an incredibly insulting grind. Obscene isn't even a good enough word to describe them. No sane person is working on them. All but maybe 2 of the current shields are due to botting.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 09:42:01  
You may not need final form shield to hit craft, but you can be certain the HQ results will be the only worthwhile form which will be dominated by finalform shields.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 09:43:23  
... you absolutely DO need the final stage Escutcheon.
Quote:
Other additions include new synthesis recipes for those in possession of aurum tome key items and the monthly updates to Ambuscade.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Trade the completed shield to your Guild Master for the final cutscene with them, where they grant you the aurum tome Key Item for your craft.

Argentum =/= Aurum

Aspis > Ecu > Scutum > Shield (Argentum Su3) > Eschuteon (Aurum)
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 10:00:09  
Well that solves that lol
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-06-28 10:01:57  
Justuas said: »
Asura.Beatsbytaru said: »
So we should bot some crafting shields if we want to enjoy the July update?
Most, if not all, existing shields are already botted. SE is giving them more means to gain gil and sell it and whatnot.

Most maybe but not all, took ne almost 3 months of cutthroat bs farming to end mine.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-28 10:13:42  
they are supposed to be like REMA weapons, and frankly the profit you get... 3 months isn't that bad.

Shoot Coalition assignments take at least 2/3 of a year.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-06-28 10:41:42  
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
Most, if not all, existing shields are already botted. SE is giving them more means to gain gil and sell it and whatnot.

Most maybe but not all, took ne almost 3 months of cutthroat bs farming to end mine.

Gonna need you to make new weapons for me, thanks! lol
[+]
By Justuas 2018-06-28 10:43:38  
Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »

Gonna need you to make new weapons for me, thanks! lol
I'd happily give him my gil too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 10:52:48  
Quote:
Q2) What plans does the dev. team have for the future of FFXI? Have those plans changed at all in the last couple years?

Quote:
A2) For major updates, we’re planning to further expand on the Dynamis – Divergence content in the upcoming July version update. This update will also introduce new synthesis gear that utilizes the items obtained from Dynamis. This gear not only features new graphics, but superb stats as well. Afterwards, we’re planning to expand on the Master Trial content, and also make improvements to weapon groups, such as Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons. Furthermore, we’re planning to introduce additional scenario side stories similar to the ones covering the story after the Seekers of Adoulin.

Originally, we didn’t have plans for these when we scaled down our development team, but both the development and operations team wanted to strive to make some changes in Vana’diel, and also wanted the adventurer’s to experience something new. The addition of more content, such as Omen and Dynamis – Divergence, were happy miscalculated additions.

The reason we scaled down our development team was to try to maintain operations for as long as possible; however, this minimized the number of changes happening to Vana’diel, leading to a conflict where it affected our adventurer’s motivation to continue. However, this has become a trigger for each of our staff to try and challenge new things. The development plans changed within the last two years, from focusing on maintenance of the game, to offering new features to our players.

A lot being said here. Very interesting. People quitting because of no new content forced their hand to create new content it seems. Additional Master Trials looks interesting and the first I've seen this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 11:05:43  
Just as another point I noticed, these answers are not entirely true here, unless im misunderstanding. The question was why Relic Weaponskills aren't obtainable outside of using the weapons themself and the response was:

Quote:
A20) This is applies to Mythic WS and Empyrean WS as well, but there were no such plans to begin with.

This person seems to forget that you can obtain Mythic and Empyrean WS through quests, but Relic is left out.

Also, the note about Accession increasing the demand for SCH is not really true. SMN and BLU can already do this, and their demand doesn't go up from just that aspect alone. Seems the real uptick in demand would come from RDM, not SCH.

Good to finally get an answer on Unity Shirts, but does it need to be worn fulltime, or can it be lockstyled/used upon cast and then changed? I think we kind of already knew this, but didn't know to what extent.
 Leviathan.Andret
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-28 11:32:05  
SE should cut down ways for people to generate Gil out of their *** and bots like NPCing stuff and start selling gil themselves. That's how you are going to make money off the remaining players like a big scammer.

Well at least that's how the real economy works. Government made the Gil and lend it to ordinary people through the banks. Except the government gets nothing while the banks get the juicy meat.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-28 11:52:01  
Where are you getting those interview excerpts from?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 11:52:51  
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/8svrxg/the_final_fantasy_xi_development_team_answers/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-28 11:53:46  
Leviathan.Andret said: »
Well at least that's how the real economy works. Government made the Gil and lend it to ordinary people through the banks. Except the government gets nothing while the banks get the juicy meat.

That's not quite how that works. The US Government (assuming that's what we're talking about) has the authority to coin currency but the controlling entity around that currency is the Federal Reserve Bank, a quasi bank institution. The reason the government doesn't have direct control is Venezuela. The Fed publish's a rate known as the prime rate that it charges other banks to borrow money from it. Other banks can then borrow money from the Fed to fund loans to business's and everyone else. The amount of money that can be leveraged is strictly regulated. "Profit" made by the Federal Reserve is transferred to the US Treasury every year and was about 100bn USD. It acts like a giant control valve for the currency supply and prevents politicians from just printing money. Most of the US national debt is owed to the Federal Reserve in the form of treasury bonds.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 11:57:13  
Quote:
A2) For major updates, we’re planning to further expand on the Dynamis – Divergence content in the upcoming July version update. This update will also introduce new synthesis gear that utilizes the items obtained from Dynamis. This gear not only features new graphics, but superb stats as well. Afterwards, we’re planning to expand on the Master Trial content, and also make improvements to weapon groups, such as Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons. Furthermore, we’re planning to introduce additional scenario side stories similar to the ones covering the story after the Seekers of Adoulin.

Originally, we didn’t have plans for these when we scaled down our development team, but both the development and operations team wanted to strive to make some changes in Vana’diel, and also wanted the adventurer’s to experience something new. The addition of more content, such as Omen and Dynamis – Divergence, were happy miscalculated additions.

The reason we scaled down our development team was to try to maintain operations for as long as possible; however, this minimized the number of changes happening to Vana’diel, leading to a conflict where it affected our adventurer’s motivation to continue. However, this has become a trigger for each of our staff to try and challenge new things. The development plans changed within the last two years, from focusing on maintenance of the game, to offering new features to our players.

A lot being said here. Very interesting. People quitting because of no new content forced their hand to create new content it seems. Additional Master Trials looks interesting and the first I've seen this.

This is... down. right. Hilarious.

"People are Quiting, what should we do?" "UPGRADE DYNAMIS!"

"No one is doing dynamis, they're still quitting!"

"IMPROVE DYNAMIS! Again! Again! Again!! Again!!! Again!!!!"

How to stop people from quitting; add dynamis. This shows how *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE they truly are. Take the WORST event from the past, and think that is what people like.

I CALLED THAT ***, lol. Let me find my quote.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
L oh *** L

Quote:
Dynamis - Divergence Statue Crusher Campaign

The fastest an event ever got a campaign? Officially the shittiest event recognized by square? Someones job depends on you doing Dynamis... they are literally begging you to do it next month.

If you're smart (which, who are we kidding, you aren't) you will continue to not do this garbage and show them you won't put up with ***. They will keep making dynamis more and more attractive.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 12:08:56  
If nothing, this is response is a direct contradiction to what players said on these forums for years: "If we just keep buying more stuff (wardrobes, characters, etc), SE will have more money to make more content and keep the game alive".

Nope. They admitted that they created Omen + Dynamis as a direct response to player negative feedback about the game (i.e. not playing due to nothing new to do). They did mention Salvage + VW in the interview, so it's likely we wil see ilvl gear from those events in the future, possibly.

Quote:
On the other hand, there is room to consider expanding the field of play by redesigning Voidwatch and Salvage content for item levels

Wasn't bad content in either of these, and would love to revisit this with groups of players rather than solo.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-06-28 12:10:18  
It's remarkable how S-E has made sure to be completely out of touch for 16 years strong.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 12:15:31  
If nothing, this is response is a direct contradiction to what players said on these forums for years: "If we just keep buying more stuff (wardrobes, characters, etc), SE will have more money to make more content and keep the game alive".

Nope. They admitted that they created Omen + Dynamis as a direct response to player negative feedback about the game (i.e. not playing due to nothing new to do). They did mention Salvage + VW in the interview, so it's likely we wil see ilvl gear from those events in the future, possibly.

Quote:
On the other hand, there is room to consider expanding the field of play by redesigning Voidwatch and Salvage content for item levels

Wasn't bad content in either of these, and would love to revisit this with groups of players rather than solo.

I have been literally telling (everyone)you especially, this exact fact for almost a solid year. (maybe even longer, I've lost track)

If you want change. Don't. ***. play. They are -NOT- earning their money.

THEY KNOW THEY AREN'T. But you still continually enable them to bend you over.

This ALSO confirms why they aren't banning anyone anymore. They're -that- desperate.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 12:21:28  
I will divorce my wife and disown my firstborn child before i walk away from Buukki.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 12:23:09  
You don't have to delete him... Just vote with your wallet.

It's the only power you have as a consumer.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 12:26:40  
The only way that I would ever let go of my Buukki would be if you came over here now...and tried to pry it from my dead, lifeless fingers. Okay? If you can get it from my kung fu grip, then you can have it. Okay? Otherwise, step off, ***.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 12:34:51  
Bro. You are exactly the person they're actively working for.

You're unhappy with the state of things. But you keep telling them you ARE happy.

Every time you enter Dienamis-Divergence you're literally voting that "I like this content" (or omen, or ambuscade, etc etc)

If you're ok with that. GREAT! But you don't get to complain about it when you're actively causing them to keep doing it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 12:39:11  
We all have the opportunity to complain about things we don't like in the game we still play, the same as you do.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-28 13:03:15  
We all have the opportunity to complain about things we don't like in the game we still play, the same as you do.

You're just wasting your effort when you actively go against what you complain about.

Piss and moan about how bad "this is" but keep doing it. And it's the exact reason it'll never change. There's no incentive. You're gonna pay either way, why bother.

If you don't like the way a farm abuses their animals, you stop being food from them. But not you, you'll smile and wave and hand them your money, then go home and be sad but just tell yourself "there's nothing I can do about it".
By Nariont 2018-06-28 13:11:30  

If the company is still making the same or even adequate money from the people complaining then it rings hollow, this is the case for any type of product apart from when there's a major issue where theyre forced to change, business only responds to changes in revenue.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-06-28 13:37:37  
Nariont said: »

If the company is still making the same or even adequate money from the people complaining then it rings hollow, this is the case for any type of product apart from when there's a major issue where theyre forced to change, business only responds to changes in revenue.
And yet a single person unsubscribing when they otherwise wouldn't have won't affect a thing, and will only deprive them of the service they still enjoy to some degree.
[+]
By Nariont 2018-06-28 13:59:18  
Not arguing that, itd take a good chunk of people not paying/doing dyna in this case to show them anything, im only saying that complaining while doing the thing youre complaining/paying for doesnt show up on a company's radar, for anything.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-28 14:06:35  
I think that is an oversimplification. I can be a paying customer who enjoys the game for what it is, and yet, be frustrated with some aspects of the game I disagree with. If I hated the direction the game went or the majority of decisions they made, then sure, I'd be gone. I've taken breaks in the past, but overall, the experience of FFXI has been positive. To say "stop paying or stfu and deal with it, they aren't going to change a thing" is really just an oversimplified rebuttal. I may like not some aspects of where my country is headed as a citizen, but it would be kind of silly to suggest "if you don't like the country, stop voting and get out!". I have shown more support for the game over the years than discredit, which we are allowed to do as consumers. It's not a matter of "this or that" in terms of being the breaking point. I play because I enjoy the game for what I can do in it for the time being. If/when that changes for the worse, I may not continue. But that doesn't mean I have to be in full agreement with every part of the game's development.
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 433 434 435