フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 408 409 410
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-06-03 19:33:04  
Makes absolute sense to buy something that costs more to make than buy. I was just pointing out that katriina's claim was false; you guys are not isolated from the market.

Like 4 pages old at this point, though.
[+]
By Tarage 2018-06-03 19:50:37  
NO ONE CARES. STOP USING THIS THREAD FOR YOUR LEVIATHAN ***.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-06-03 20:05:29  
This is why we can't have nice things.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2018-06-03 22:29:03  
The new ambuscade suggests that DRG is gonna play a special role. That's kinda cool
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-03 22:39:12  
You guys read way to much into it. Yeah its a "dragon" and yeah dragoon is good for it.

You'll also see not a single Dragoon wanted.

Ever see a DRG killing Vrtra? Tiamaat? Nidhogg? Thought so. How often do you see a DRG at Quetz, Azhi Dahaka or Naga Raja?

Short of; "if there is no main drg in your party, you instantly die" nothing different than it just happens to be a wyvern.
[+]
By Foxfire 2018-06-03 22:45:49  
i've seen dragoons in quetz. literally any job can farm quetz. hell, i've seen geos with trusts whack away at quetz. that's really not an apt comparison; you're going in solo with trusts to farm beads, not planning a party strategy for a target.

i'm not saying drg's going to be incredibly sought out either, but still zzz.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-03 23:19:25  
aka loldrg
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-03 23:58:52  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
The new ambuscade suggests that DRG is gonna play a special role. That's kinda cool

Maybe next month we can have a special fight for Thieves where you can only kill it if you steal a weapon from it. So if you go in and everyone fails you're ***. That'd be cool.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-04 00:24:00  
Inb4 that was the trick to the quadavs.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2018-06-04 00:29:09  
brigandish blade e x t r e m e m o d e
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Foxfire 2018-06-04 00:43:51  
Habile Mazrak is gonna be the hidden meta, probably.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-04 00:55:54  
All *** aside, wyverns do dispelling wind. Theres basically no chance DD will be used at all.

Can't even be bothered to fight a mob that aoe dispels.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-06-04 01:07:05  
the kind of people that do Vol 2 don't really stack a ton of buffs
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-04 01:09:42  
See now thats an important point. People think it's going to be V1.

As a V2 it's totally irrelevant. This may or may not be the last "new" V1.

People think it's V1 cause the text says "youve been fighting multiple mobs" all the V1s have been groups of mobs. The imp has adds but its one mob, the tree had adds but it was one mob etc
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-06-04 02:05:58  
Adds still count as multiple mobs. And who thinks it's going to be V1? The stuff in the monthly update screenshots is always the V2 as far as I can remember...

Pretty sure they stated they're not gonna add anymore V1 already.

Edit: Looking back I guess there are some V1's, but the majority are V2.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-04 02:09:29  
They said they're not gonna be adding any "new" fights to V1 but cycle back through old ones.
Which implies that, unless they changed their minds again, that Wyvern is totally gonna be V2.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-06-04 02:16:34  
DirectX said: »
Kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if they focus more effort on junk content like Ambu V2 than content the majority of people care about.

Fishing.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-06-04 02:20:26  
Kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE if they focus more effort on junk content like Ambu V2 than content the majority of people care about.

Recycling V1s cut their time investment into monthly Ambuscade by 1/2. That freed up time is supposed to be going into working on new battle content according to the devs' statements. Sounds like a win for players to me.

Also, I find it slightly amusing that you seem to be implying that anyone does V1 because they actually enjoy it as their primary motivation for doing it. XD

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-04 10:55:45  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
Adds still count as multiple mobs.

True but a big difference is adds generally don't have to be defeated and the biggy they usually spawn with hate on whatever the main has instead of going straight to the back line or something
By Nyarlko 2018-06-04 11:57:51  
They care about it for the points, no implication of enjoyment. There is little content that is enjoyable more than it is necessary to get leet. Arguably none after you've done it for months.

In that case, going to a recycled list is still a positive. Since everything that we'll be seeing in V1 has been fought before, vets will be able to walk in with enough knowledge about each fight to be able to figure out any new gimmicks w/in a day or two, and everyone who "cares" about V1 will be able to spam it starting almost right away.

Your reasoning also supports them continuing to develop new V2s. XD No matter what else is in a month's update, there is still technically something new to do each month. Even if it is not desirable (read: time efficient) to complete it for established players when compared to it's companion, they've done a pretty good job coming up with imaginative V2s with interesting mechanics quite often. V2s frequently are actually fun. I feel that if they increased the rewards for V2s(either straight doubling or 100/200/300/400/500,) then they wouldn't get frowned upon as much by non-newbies, and would become an option for groups to spam once again.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-06-04 21:56:35  
clearlyamule said: »

True but a big difference is adds generally don't have to be defeated and the biggy they usually spawn with hate on whatever the main has instead of going straight to the back line or something

I have no idea how any of those points relate to whether or not we were fighting against multiple mobs or not.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-04 22:08:14  

I have no idea how any of those points relate to whether or not we were fighting against multiple mobs or not.
You don't actually have to fight them...? Heck several of the fights it's been possible to zerg in such a way they either don't pop or are barely up

So maybe that's what they mean by that statement.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-04 22:09:42  
Nyarlko said: »
V2s frequently are actually fun. I feel that if they increased the rewards for V2s(either straight doubling or 100/200/300/400/500,) then they wouldn't get frowned upon as much by non-newbies, and would become an option for groups to spam once again.

No one would ever voluntarily take less points. Ambuscade is just another chore. It's not done cause the mobs are cute or the gimmick is interesting.

v2 became completely obsolete when they ramped up v1 points. v2 is strictly for people not smart enough to do V1E as their bare minimum.

If V2 starts giving 500 hallmarks for a 1 ws fight, then sure, I'll do that instead.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-06-04 22:45:45  

You don't actually have to fight them...? Heck several of the fights it's been possible to zerg in such a way they either don't pop or are barely up

So maybe that's what they mean by that statement.

They're still part of the fight, I think it's stretching it a bit to say you're not fighting them when they're sitting there beating on you.

Just to make it clearer, the japanese says "Battles with multiple monsters", so it never mentions actually fighting them.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-04 23:07:18  
Agree to disagree obviously.

But jp text is generally more reliable so maybe.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 408 409 410