2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 445 446 447 448 449
By Meeble 2024-08-28 16:38:16  
Seun said: »
This would be a great idea, but it's not addressing 'what do we do with all these extra sapphires and starstones'. That's all SE seems to be willing to do so in that context, I think my idea would add longevity to the event even for people who don't care about prime.

No?

Unless you're 5/5 +3 on every job you'll ever play, the only reason extra sapphires and starstones are "unusable" is because they cost muffins to use. Every armor upgrade is deducted from your prime progress.

And if you are lucky enough to be 100% done with empy armor upgrades, why do you care about extra rocks? Just drop 'em like NQ Eschalixirs or Insect Wings. Heck, I own everything you can get with Glavoid shells and still have a few extra, does SE need to fix that too?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-28 16:58:25  
SE: From Chrono Trigger to Chronically Triggered.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-28 18:52:05  
Trigger me timbers
[+]
By warmech 2024-08-28 22:57:10  
trigger please
[+]
By Seun 2024-08-28 23:37:24  
Meeble said: »
Every armor upgrade is deducted from your prime progress.

This was not true for everyone.

Meeble said: »
And if you are lucky enough to be 100% done with empy armor upgrades, why do you care about extra rocks? Just drop 'em like NQ Eschalixirs or Insect Wings. Heck, I own everything you can get with Glavoid shells and still have a few extra, does SE need to fix that too?

Nobody said they were fixing anything. My suggestion was to extend their utility so they'd remain viable longer through augmenting, but eventually we won't need anything from Sortie. That's how it's meant to function.

Also why the Glavoid comparison is terrible. Nobody ever ended up with hundreds or thousands of Glavoid shells as a result of normal Abyssea participation.

It's also closure for those who have been hoarding rock/cases/earrings thinking that there would be some sort of trade in.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2024-08-29 03:45:07  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I remember getting chrono trigger on Jamaica ave in queens from a store named Jasons' was a nice toy store. I thought SE could do anything and SE was the best company on the planet. Years later here we are with SE's only ability is to trigger me now based off how far they have fallen.

Pardon me, but that was Squaresoft, not SE.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-29 14:58:26  
I miss Sqauresoft...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-08-29 15:08:41  
I miss prime Squareenix
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-29 17:22:12  
There is a new Mana game out today if you need your nostalgia. I'm going to play it tomorrow. Demo was fun.
By Pantafernando 2024-08-29 17:27:06  
IDK, I thought the recently remaked Secret of Mana 3 was so terribly boring that any other newer Mana game never picked my interest.

I swear I had lots of fun with the original Mana 3 as a patched rom of Snes9x. But that dumb story dumb characters dumb plot in new graphics made it like kids only (at least original pallete of colors made it feels like a more mature game).

And the worst is that not few praised the remake of Mana 3. Maybe the problem is me.

Maybe I didnt age well in the end.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-29 17:40:04  
I usually play through in english once and if it's terrible, it was, i pick jp instead for other play throughs.

The rest I can't help with, I also had a ton of fun exactly as you described. I'm not looking for extreme difficulty or GoTY plots. Just some casual escapism with some systems that let me play with them.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2024-08-29 20:23:45  
oh snes9x, we had so many good times. lol
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-08-30 01:19:05  
Did square confirm that stones will be traded for gill and not galla??? That is *** sad
By Seun 2024-08-30 01:52:09  
They will probably sell for nearly nothing. Even if you could trade for galli, it wouldn't be any meaningful amount.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-08-30 08:49:11  
Pantafernando said: »
IDK, I thought the recently remaked Secret of Mana 3 was so terribly boring that any other newer Mana game never picked my interest.

The Mana remakes they did were all dead inside.

Visions looks much more interesting, it looks like they kinda learned from their mistakes a bit and created a new game that wasn't attempting to follow old mechanics. I have only seen snippets of it but I gave up on the remakes halfway through, this one looks like something I could get into based on what I've seen so far.
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2024-08-30 09:01:23  
I wish they'd make a mana game as deep as Legends of Mana in that HD 2d hand drawn style again. With Yoko Shimomura as the composer. Basically give me Legends of Mana 2.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-08-30 10:17:09  
Asura.Highwynn said: »
I wish they'd make a mana game as deep as Legends of Mana in that HD 2d hand drawn style again. With Yoko Shimomura as the composer. Basically give me Legends of Mana 2.
I would buy that immediately
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-30 10:20:59  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Did square confirm that stones will be traded for gill and not galla??? That is *** sad

It's actually for rubles or pesos, player's choice
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-08-30 10:30:40  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

I mean they said

Quote:
sell certain items that drop within Sortie to an NPC.

Using the term "sell" to describe exchanging an item with an NPC for muffins would be a very bad translation.

Could be muffins, but anyone who thinks that's the case is high as *** on copium. I'd say it's almost certainly trying to "ease" the concerns of people with 6 stacks of sapphires who want to free up their space but don't want to toss them.

If it is the ability to NPC for gil, this would pretty concretely confirm that you will never be able to convert them to muffins in the future. We'll know soon either way
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-08-30 10:35:38  
I'd say the best outcome you can hope for is that they've seen a drop in gil flows from odyssey and put a high price on them to make the average sortie run worth *something* to people grinding primes.

Even that is a long shot. I would agree with MT that assuming you'll get galli for them is very optimistic. The only way to see it in that light is that they said 'an NPC', rather than 'NPCs' or 'NPC vendors'. This would be favorable for an exchange[since normal vendor selling would be to many npcs], but may be reading too much into the quality of their translators.

They could also be adding earrings to AMAN reclaimer?
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-08-30 10:45:09  
SE should troll harder and you can sell them to Ruspix for time off the next plate. Sapphires reduce the cooldown by 37 seconds etc
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-08-30 16:17:16  
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
SE should troll harder and you can sell them to Ruspix for time off the next plate. Sapphires reduce the cooldown by 37 seconds etc
SE:This MF spittin

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 08:34:25  
Quote:
Since the middle of August, we have created a dedicated QA testing room within the office for Besieged. At present, we've finished work on the basic design elements such as monster AI patterns and strength levels, and we plan to start implementing the changes soon. While it depends on any bugs we may discover and our other game balance adjustments, it seems the updates can be released as early as year's end.

>December
>QA team spent 4 months testing this
>Day one obvious bug they somehow "missed"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-09-03 09:19:47  
Eiryl: "The XI dev crew consists of one person working 1 hour a week"
Also Eiryl: " They spent 4 months testing this and missed a bug"

Except the "4 months testing" is actually 16 hours of testing, and 8 hours of that testing time is the weekly setup and takedown of the environment.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-09-03 11:24:49  
We just want to know how much i will earn for my stone
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-03 12:01:03  
Pantafernando said: »
We just want to know how much i will earn for my stone

3,876 gil for Sapphires, 4,517 for Starstones.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-09-03 12:57:08  
I don't think this will actually happen, but comparing the payout for a good segment run there is the possibility you could get 100k or so per stone.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-09-03 13:10:31  
Kaffy said: »
I don't think this will actually happen, but comparing the payout for a good segment run there is the possibility you could get 100k or so per stone.

They already had the opportunity to do that with all the -ite stones, which are worth thousands, not hundreds of thousands of gil. While this isn't a technical impossibility, it would be extremely strange.
By Kaffy 2024-09-03 13:29:48  
It's such a weird afterthought to the system and Fujito has been pretty miserly with everything else since taking over so any amount will be strange and probably judged harshly here. Trying to make sense of their design choices sometimes is challenging, but if they want to add more gil into circulation for some reason, it would be more effective to raise prices on the more common drops.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-09-03 13:31:17  
Nothing challenging to figure out, almost all their decisions have extremely simple reasons.

Theyre going to throw you 5k, because youre hoarders and you cant stand to throw ***away, even though they explicitly told you not to hoard them.
First Page 2 3 ... 445 446 447 448 449