users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 409 410 411
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-10 10:37:05  
AA EV and HM (more so the former) are both good tank trusts that only require you to complete a simple quest.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 10:57:23  
Siren.Kyte said: »
AA EV and HM (more so the former) are both good tank trusts that only require you to complete a simple quest.

Quote:
Complete Dawn and all its cutscenes.
Be in possession of the Bundle of scrolls key item.
Have obtained the additional following Trust spells: Rainemard

Quote:
Speak to Jamal in Ru'Lude Gardens (H-5) after obtaining the following Alter Egos: Naji, Ayame, Volker, Iron Eater, Excenmille, Curilla, Trion, Kupipi, Nanaa Mihgo, Ajido-Marujido, Shantotto

>"Simple Quest"
>Shantotto has 3 mini quests
>FINISH COP
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-10 11:13:46  
You should be completing all of that for the CP bonuses anyways.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 11:17:45  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
for a new player
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-10 11:20:03  
who should be doing those other things before trying to solo whatever you would be using said better tank trusts on

You need RoV quests done before you can even call a full party- so if your battle is "I want to call a party without doing anything" I would start there
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 11:22:34  
"should" shouldn't be "have to"

The first trust you call is tank. Regardless of party size. (unless using a GEO, which new player wont have)
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-10 11:36:49  
Don't try and talk up Quldata. We love his rolls, but he's the absolute, unquestionable KING of destroying self skillchains. That punk....if he'd just be a Rolls COR instead of Detonator-happy, I'd be a lot more pleased with him.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 11:45:27  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Don't try and talk up Quldata. We love his rolls, but he's the absolute, unquestionable KING of destroying self skillchains. That punk....if he'd just be a Rolls COR instead of Detonator-happy, I'd be a lot more pleased with him.
He always spams savage blade for me. But since I only bother to use him for cp I'm more mad that he doesn't wait for rolls to end before decided we don't need old ones anymore.

ie oh dedication wore off after that 1 kill? Let me start doing new rolls as soon as timers are up to overwrite that fresh corsairs roll. Also no pet rolls

And don't get me started about how he will refuse to double up on a 7 but will double up without snake eyes all the time when already at 9... and all SE says is oh he's a gambler that likes to take risk... but all of a sudden backs off when the risk is less?
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-10 11:49:01  
clearlyamule said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
He always spams savage blade for me. But since I only bother to use him for cp I'm more mad that he doesn't wait for rolls to end before decided we don't need old ones anymore.

ie oh dedication wore off after that 1 kill? Let me start doing new rolls as soon as timers are up to overwrite that fresh corsairs roll. Also no pet rolls

As a crafter, before the introduction of top tier shields, I used to solo Legion for fun/mats a lot. I found it a fun way to test out against relatively moderate mobs my solo capabilities DD wise- the ability to multistep being paramount when I would try out RDM melee or COR melee. Nothing like doing a 5 step radiance on RDM only to have our trusty pirate rape and pillage my skillchain damage with a poorly timed Detonator somewhere in there.

As for the lack of pet rolls, while I don't play pet jobs I've heard that complaint more than once from friends who do.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-05-10 19:12:54  
Copy/pasta from myself since no one else mentioned it so far over here:

Me said:
:O Almost slipped thru the cracks...

JP1) Values for Fencer are given, laid out in a lovely table. And looks like Fencer is hard capped at +8, for a total of crit+13% and TPBonus+630. Diminishing returns apply at odd stages. :/

Shitty table copy/paste:
stage Critical+ TP Bonus
+1 3% 200
+2 5% 300
+3 7% 400
+4 9% 450
+5 10% 500
+6 11% 550
+7 12% 600
+8 13% 630
By Nyarlko 2018-05-11 04:46:03  
Just because it's funny. XD

NA1)
POL said:
- An unimplemented item (labeled ".") could be obtained from the Gobbie Mystery Box.
*If you happen to have obtained this item, we ask that you please discard it. We apologize for the inconvenience.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 07:23:22  
And someone already screwed up wiki, now I gotta see about getting it fixed.

That table doesn't include the WAR JP gifts, it's just Fencer Trait and +Fencer items like Blurred shield and various JSE items. WAR has tier 5 naturally and adding the blurred shield raise's it to tier 6, add the legs are your at tier 8.

Fencer tier = Fencer Trait + Fencer Bonus items
Then add on the 230 from JP gifts and things like moonshade.

Fencer WAR with Blurred +1 has

Tier 6 Trait for 550 TP Bonus
+230 from gifts for 780 TP Bonus
+250 from moonshade for 1030 TP Bonus.

This has been tested.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-11 07:26:19  
Nyarlko said: »

NA1)
POL said:
- An unimplemented item (labeled ".") could be obtained from the Gobbie Mystery Box.
*If you happen to have obtained this item, we ask that you please discard it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Anyone who has that needs to keep it just for winning.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-05-11 07:54:52  
Asura.Saevel said: »

NA1)
POL said:

I'd keep it just to see what it turns into if they ever implement things.
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2018-05-11 09:51:09  
Asura.Frod said: »

NA1)
POL said:

Its going to be the 10k currency piece for the new weapons. :P
By Nyarlko 2018-05-12 03:12:16  
And someone already screwed up wiki, now I gotta see about getting it fixed.

That table doesn't include the WAR JP gifts, it's just Fencer Trait and +Fencer items like Blurred shield and various JSE items. WAR has tier 5 naturally and adding the blurred shield raise's it to tier 6, add the legs are your at tier 8.

Fencer tier = Fencer Trait + Fencer Bonus items
Then add on the 230 from JP gifts and things like moonshade.

Fencer WAR with Blurred +1 has

Tier 6 Trait for 550 TP Bonus
+230 from gifts for 780 TP Bonus
+250 from moonshade for 1030 TP Bonus.

This has been tested.

Given the limitations of what they stated this info applied to, are you saying that the numbers they gave are wrong? The Tier6 value you use matches. :/ Nothing outside of "Fencer" job traits + "Fencer +x" from gear are implied to be included under this +8 cap. Something that "Increases Fencer's TP Bonus" for instance should not be included.

NA1)
POL said:

In the devpost response to the player on JPside who reported the "." item, they very specifically state that the item will never be changed into a different item.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-12 03:22:27  
In the devpost response to the player on JPside who reported the "." item, they very specifically state that the item will never be changed into a different item.

They have never very specifically lied before. Not ever.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-05-12 07:44:45  

I have all sorts of random, sentimental items in my bazaar for max gil. That would have been quite the prize.
 Lakshmi.Jutubyaa
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: KiloWatt
By Lakshmi.Jutubyaa 2018-05-12 10:51:40  

NA1)
POL said:

"." Item: The Ugly Duckling as told by Square Enix
By Nyarlko 2018-05-12 11:07:55  
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »

I have all sorts of random, sentimental items in my bazaar for max gil. That would have been quite the prize.

Unfortunately, it's stated to be R/EX, so you wouldn't be able to show it off in bazaar. :(
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-12 11:18:09  
Given the limitations of what they stated this info applied to, are you saying that the numbers they gave are wrong? The Tier6 value you use matches. :/ Nothing outside of "Fencer" job traits + "Fencer +x" from gear are implied to be included under this +8 cap. Something that "Increases Fencer's TP Bonus" for instance should not be included.

The numbers they gave are correct, people are idiots who don't read. Someone went over to the wiki and pasted the DEV's post in there as though the WAR/BST JP Gifts were tiers. The gifts flatly tell you how much they add, 50,50,60,70 just like moonshade tells you +250 and Aeonic weapons say +500. Fencer + gear is different and just ranks you up, we've known how much the values were for a long *** time, +50 TP Bonus / +1% crit per rank until the third which is +30. That's why the WAR Legs aren't used in fencer builds, too small an increase compared to what else is available.

I then had the wiki changed to reflect the actual values.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-12 11:19:32  

The numbers they gave are correct, people are idiots who don't read. Someone went over to the wiki and pasted the DEV's post in there as though the WAR/BST JP Gifts were tiers. The gifts flatly tell you how much they add, 50,50,60,70 just like moonshade tells you +250 and Aeonic weapons say +500. Fencer + gear is different and just ranks you up, we've known how much the values were for a long *** time, +50 TP Bonus / +1% crit per rank until the third which is +30. That's why the WAR Legs aren't used in fencer builds, too small an increase compared to what else is available.

I then had the wiki changed to reflect the actual values.
Gotcha. Thanks for fixing it then. XD
By Nyarlko 2018-05-15 10:38:02  
Copy/paste from bgwiki:
Me said:
New devpost:

JP1) Someone complained about the reduced number of resins available in Ambuscade this month. Devs apologized, said it was an error, that it will go back to 3x capes worth available starting next month, and that they considered an emergency maintenance to fix it, but due to the Welcome Back Campaign, they decided not to because they didn't want to reduce available play time. Think they said they also added safeguards to ensure that this can't happen again.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it also sounds like they are planning to add this month's missing resins to next month, so there'll be 4x capes worth available...

So can unbunch those panties.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-15 10:39:49  
> already did emergency maint, had the chance to fix, didn't

> lying
By Nyarlko 2018-05-15 10:42:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
> already did emergency maint, had the chance to fix, didn't

> lying

That is probably why they chose not to do so for this problem too. 1x 911Maint already this month and they didn't want to increase playtime lost. Makes sense to me, even if I don't like it.
 Valefor.Maurauc
サーバ: Valefor
user: Maurauc
By Valefor.Maurauc 2018-05-16 08:12:16  
Quote:
Let me begin by thanking each and every one of you, without whom we would be unable to celebrate sixteen years of FINAL FANTASY XI.

It feels like just a short while ago that we were celebrating the fifteenth anniversary, and yet here we are, already at the sixteenth. I can scarcely believe that the time has passed so quickly!
In the past year, we added new Seekers of Adoulin quests, Dynamis-Divergence, the Escutcheon questline, and a variety of other new content for you to enjoy. There were also fifteenth Vana'versary Records of eminence objectives to remind us of Vana'diel's past.

The next year of FINAL FANTASY XI is shaping up to be even better than the previous.
"Hey, since sixteen is a multiple of two, now's the perfect time to double our fun!"
"Oho, you might be right!"
Whether that conversation is real or fictitious is left as an exercise for the reader, but what I can say is that we've secured the assistance of many people both within and outside SQUARE ENIX, and we hope you will accompany us on this new journey.

Since the release of Seekers of Adoulin, the development team has made it our goal to provide an experience that anyone can enjoy solo regardless of how much time they have to spend on the game, as our players' lifestyles and the times have changed since 2002. Still, XI is an MMORPG, and playing with friends is always going to provide a richer gaming experience. In this, the sixteenth year of service, we are going to return a bit to what makes an MMORPG special under an overarching theme of "reunions with our friends."

Looking back, in 2002, social media hadn't yet taken off, so the only way our adventurers could contact each other was in-game. At the same time, this type of anonymity let people truly roleplay whatever they desired, be it a grizzled Galka warrior or a feisty Mithra thief. As such, many of our players have always valued in-game interactions quite highly, and we know how difficult it is when one of our treasured friends takes a break from the game. The development team is currently considering what we can do to alleviate this issue, and may ask you for your ideas, input, and assistance in the future.

Several campaigns have started up today, including the
Return Home to Vana'diel Campaign, which supports adventurers returning to Vana'diel after a leave of absence. If you are one of our valued returnees, you might want to take a look at Records of Eminence to provide your first step forward into a brand new Vana'diel. Once you've got your bearings, you might want to get your hands on your very own Omega mount!

Let me close these greetings by stating once more my heartfelt appreciation for those of you who have spent time with us here in Vana'diel. Your support and passion for FINAL FANTASY XI are what has brought us to this day, and the development and operations team pledge to work even harder to provide you with fresh experiences that'll make you glad you choose to continue playing. Here's to sixteen years, and sixteen years more!

Akihiko Matsui
Producer, FINAL FANTASY XI

It sounds like they've got updates in store still yet, which is promising!

I like the sound of a 'theme of "reunions with our friends."'
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-16 09:10:34  
DirectX said: »
Sounds like they are planning a social media platform or chatting app... for people who have/do play FFXI. That could be good but how would people who quit long ago be informed of it?

Few things I would say they need to do in FFXI;
- Pay the person making the HD textures for each zone to ensure it gets completed across the game.
- Make Idris take 3 months of mind numbing repetitiveness and not 6.
- Merge servers down to 6-8 total but no more moving to Asura.

I'm good w/ 2 of your 3 points. However, reducing the ergon "grind" from 6 months to 3 really only benefits multiboxers planning on building an idris mule. There's PLENTY for a returnee wanting to level GEO to do in that six months besides sitting on the bench between imprimatur reload time. In particular a new GEO without unlimited funds.

We've become too accustomed to throwing gil at a problem in this game instead of playing it. Including myself (to an extent, I still for some reason enjoy the mythic grind) by the way, not just throwing stones.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Donwu
user: donwu
By Leviathan.Donwu 2018-05-16 09:15:40  
Number 3 on that list is suuuuuuper important. Should make THAT happen.

I took a literal 6 or 7 year break, and came back to lvl 99, ilvl gear, trusts, RoE, AG everywhere i turned, ambu, and more people at the 7-11 by my house than on my server. That was last August, and I'm just now caught up to a degree, still missing Vagary runs and Reisenjima NMs and such. "Depending on the break" is accurate. Since we all have grown up ***to do, it makes playtime harder to come by in some cases. 8 servers seems like easily the best fix to make. I just want them to announce a merge prior so that I dont pay for moving before it happens for free.
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 409 410 411