First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 409 410 411
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-01-24 18:10:07  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I had to literally go into the bank every month and sign a document allowing them to send money to square.
wow.... you DO love this game! no chance in hell i'd do that

That was 15 years ago, and only lasted like 6 months before I told that bank to get ***.

Didn't have paypal so didn't have a choice at the time.

(So many of lifes problems caused/made worse by apathy)
[+]
By Thunderjet 2023-01-25 03:21:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Gross, Square is buffing the hardest boss in the game.

Paying the *** sub.
Quote:
Important Notice About Purchases and Subscriptions

In late February, we are planning to change the payment processor used for purchases made on the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Store, and Square Enix Account Management sites. This change should not have an impact on most purchases, but we wanted to inform and clearly communicate to customers of any potential changes.

The change should not impact customers who are currently enrolled in a recurring subscription plan. However, future updates to an existing recurring subscription, such as starting a new recurring subscription or making updates to the payment method on existing recurring subscriptions, will be processed through the new payment processor. Switching an existing recurring subscription plan to the new payment processor will require the re-registration of their payment method. Although the current payment processor will continue to be available for a period following the change, we recommend updating an active recurring subscription after the change occurs as this will help prevent any account access disruptions in the event that the current payment processor is no longer available.

Furthermore, some of the existing payment methods will no longer be available following the change. While we hope to reintroduce some of the discontinued payment methods over time, we recommend considering alternate payment methods in the meantime. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please see below for affected payment methods.

Unavailable Payment Methods: JCB, Carte Bleue, SEPA (Sofort) Available Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Paysafecard

Additionally, customers may notice other minor differences following the change: the manner in which credit card charges show up on billing statements may be slightly different, or banks may request fraud verification on purchases that used to be approved without such additional steps. While the changes should not impact purchases, we do recommend our customers to review any charges made after the change for due diligence purposes, and to ensure any charges are for purchases made from Square Enix.

It is possible that with the change in payment processor, transactions that previously had no issues are now declined. In such cases, please contact the Square Enix Support Center https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsqex.to%2Fs5G9O&data=05%7C01%7Caglascock%40us.square-enix.com%7C44337e3ff5914d96bd6108dafe2310c8%7C1a039888c4e9442d8b5cc5eefb3f909e%7C1%7C0%7C638101723822152286%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=RYWWcmuxySXgfruJHV%2FY8%2FAms1%2B9RYD1lqw9KLjv%2FrY%3D&reserved=0 so we may look into and resolve the matter with you.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding the changes described in this announcement, please contact the Square Enix Support Center https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsqex.to%2Fs5G9O&data=05%7C01%7Caglascock%40us.square-enix.com%7C44337e3ff5914d96bd6108dafe2310c8%7C1a039888c4e9442d8b5cc5eefb3f909e%7C1%7C0%7C638101723822152286%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=RYWWcmuxySXgfruJHV%2FY8%2FAms1%2B9RYD1lqw9KLjv%2FrY%3D&reserved=0
My bank that I used to use already had this. I had to literally go into the bank every month and sign a document allowing them to send money to square. RIP you if you use a bank debit card.

(it wasn't square specific, but any international transaction)
. Holy *** that actually means the *** leak is real
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 05:05:04  
Wait what? Job Adjustments? :O

Quote:
Job adjustments feature the pets of beastmasters, dragoons, summoners, and puppetmasters gaining physical and magic evasion as their owner’s itemlevel increased. Additional, the pet critical damage cap has been increased across all level ranges.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-02-03 05:09:26  
More like "pet adjustments" from the sound of it lol.
Either way, if it's gonna work like it's supposed to, it seems like quite a nice adjustment and, if you ask me, long due!

I see no problem in that especially for SMN, BST and DRG. A bit puzzled into how they're gonna implement it for PUP, hope they won't *** things up.
By SimonSes 2023-02-03 05:16:17  
I think they mean pdif cap for critical hits on pets, but Im not sure. Need to do some basic tests with at least lv1 mobs before and after update.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 05:58:25  
Oh hey, that thing I said we needed 2 or 3 years ago they're finally adding.

As per usual. Always MULTIPLE YEARS after it's necessary. A word blacklist. I just *** love the thousand day lag for obvious ***.
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-02-03 08:46:07  
Quote:
Additionally, we are taking the first steps to implement a long-requested feature: a chat log filter, officially known as the Term Filter.
We intend to make incremental updates and additions to the Term Filter over the course of several version updates, as it is difficult to implement such an undertaking all at once without risking adversely impacting your gameplay experience. As such, we’ve elected to divine the workload across a handful of months (but the initial filter system will become available in the February version update.)

I guess all the merc spam shouts finally got to the point they couldn't ignore it anymore. I wonder what kind of weird bugs we'll see with this one.
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2023-02-03 10:56:59  
Meva/eva for pets is good, if the values are significant. Changes to pDIF cap for pet crits is lame, though.

Hey, it's a buff to Energized Sefina, guess I shouldn't complain... lmao thanks S-E.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2023-02-03 11:14:23  
Quote:
For Sortie, the reservation system adjustments we previously announced have been pushed off to a future update while we further refine the underlying cogs and wheels.

SE missing delivery dates like they the govt.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 11:25:20  
Yeah, but they're always really, realllllly sorry about it
[+]
 Asura.Melliny
user: melphina
By Asura.Melliny 2023-02-03 12:21:15  
Quote:
Yeah, but they're always really, realllllly sorry about it

By Rips 2023-02-03 12:55:08  
Wow, unfair. Why not do all 5 pet jobs? Why only 4/5?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 13:13:00  
They don't give a *** that they're going to *** it up. They wouldn't fix it anyway.

It took a week to revert 2 .dat files last month.
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-03 15:31:22  
Rips said: »
Wow, unfair. Why not do all 5 pet jobs? Why only 4/5?

No no no GEO only goes in the nerf category. It was totally not a mistake, very well thought out. Here let me adjust your bubbles effects for the next end game event, -66.6%.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-03 15:44:10  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
No no no GEO only goes in the nerf category. It was totally not a mistake, very well thought out. Here let me adjust your bubbles effects for the next end game event, -66.6%.

Funny, I don't remember brd ever getting its buffs nerfed for being "too good". In fact, they keep getting more songs to put up.
By Nariont 2023-02-03 15:46:37  
GEO buffs arent the problem(yet), brd can't cut the majority of a mobs def in 1 song. Course they could just adjust debuff bubble potency but that's too much work, just make blanket nerfs to it instead that the player has to figure out on their own
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 15:54:34  
Wilt, Frailty, and Malaise are the reasons behind nerfing Geo bubbles. None of the rest of problematically strong.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-03 15:55:08  
Well sure, but not like Geo debuffs being super strong with BoG and SPs and etc was a surprise or anything.

They did design the job to be that way.
By Nariont 2023-02-03 15:58:28  
The problem isnt the bubbles themselves so much as it is how it works with geomancy+, most notably idris but bagua neck+2 can get up there too, too much of a power increase and they dont seem to want to scale it back

And yeah, its basically just those 3, the rest even with idris scaling arent nearly as crazy as -71% atk/-41% def/-45 mdb with just idris bubbles, not even using EA/BoG yet.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 15:58:50  
I sincerely doubt they took into consideration that these three debuffs have such strongly exponential benefit when the potency is increased by Idris and JAs.

No way they were thinking "Yeah, they'll be able to bring any mob's attack to 1 with just Wilt (even without Bolster), and we're fine with that". For most debuffs doubling their potency gives less than twice the end benefit, but the opposite is true of these three, and I'm betting the devs didn't even realize it until we were bringing mobs' attack and defense to 1 and doubling our nuke damage with a single debuff.

Just cut these three debuffs' final potencies in half, then remove all debuff reduction from every piece of content. It'd overall be a nerf for these bubbles on most mobs, be mostly neutral in Sortie and Dynamis-D (weaker on fodder, stronger on NMs), and be a buff in Gaol and some Ambus.
[+]
By Dodik 2023-02-03 16:12:18  
Nerfing jobs, or spells, is rarely a good way to go about balance. Nor is it a particularly popular decision, if it comes down to it.

Can count not even a handful of times it's ever happened in the history of XI. Utsusemi working on AOEs, for one. Which was considered a bug.

Geo potency is part of the Geo job. Better to buff all other jobs (and/or monsters), than nerf one.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 16:13:06  
Correction, nerfing is the absolute best way.

You know its the best because the people hate it the most.

Nerfs are a basic necessity.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2023-02-03 16:15:04  
They're currently already nerfing every debuff (even the ones that don't need nerfs, like Geo-Slow) by making every non-trivial mob reduce every debuff by 50% to 95%. Nerfing those spells but removing the reductions would be a net buff in every content that currently matters. It would also put the hands of balance back on the job instead of every single big NM from now on being tailed specifically to counter that job using arbitrary values.

It'd be like if you had WAR be way too strong, having 100% more damage than the 2nd strongest DPS, so NMs suddenly have a rule added that says "If a WAR is attacking them, damage taken reduced by half".
[+]
By Nariont 2023-02-03 16:15:05  
In a general sense yeah its often beter to bring other jobs up, but there's cases where something was simply allowed to get too strong and needs to be brought back down, the alternative is to hard cap how high a debuff can go which has its own issues.
By Dodik 2023-02-03 16:17:10  
Asura.Geriond said: »
They're currently already nerfing every debuff by making every non-trivial mob reduce every debuff by 50% to 95%.

Yup. And that's a problem.
By Rips 2023-02-03 16:40:35  
Yall need to throw some respect on Louie the Luopan!
By Hopalong 2023-02-03 17:48:49  
If these pet buffs apply to puppet it might be new tank territory? More physical and magic evasion? Whats the puppet tank failing, aoe hate?

Smn pets absolutely needed this. They melt in any aoe and suddenly you're like when you mash your macro, wheres my avatar?
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-02-03 19:38:08  
Dodik said: »
Well sure, but not like Geo debuffs being super strong with BoG and SPs and etc was a surprise or anything.

They did design the job to be that way.

They definitely did design the job to be that way, BUT I do think they were in fact suprised because they don't play test their game thoughly or at all.

Rips said: »
Yall need to throw some respect on Louie the Luopan!

SE sure isn't going to according to these adjustments.

We coulda had FFT Geomancers with Axes and Shields, but instead we got to blow some bubbles that go pop as soon as you hit end game content. Big old CF.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-02-03 19:58:42  
See the thing is it's hard to believe that they didn't think this or that would or might happen.

But they just didn't think at all. About anything.

A percentage based unresistable debuff with no ceiling is absolutely mind blowingly ridiculously stupid. And you would have to be a complete moron to not understand the inherent issue therein. It doesn't matter if a mob has 9 trillion defense, if you can still drop it by 100%

No one can understand "what were they thinking" because they weren't thinking. Half the reason they get nothing done is because they have to modify everything instead of just fixing it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 349 350 351 ... 409 410 411