言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 195 196 197 ... 428 429 430
By Haorhu8 2021-03-09 07:35:14  
path B: bis savage blade / last stand (cor)
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-03-09 07:37:06  
#GiveGeoMoreDDGear.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 07:38:19  
Rare/ex, forcing you to pick a single path. Hmmmm... gonna be a tough choice for some people.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shinzaku
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-03-09 07:44:51  
With that kind of power, I guess I understand the Rare tag.
But... :(
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 07:47:38  
Tossing aside that it will take ages to augment anyway, because that V15 T4 will probably take 3x3000 segments anyway. It will be a really hard choice for some people with lot of jobs.

Path A looks like a wet dream for DRG TP, Liberator TP, mages TP, Brd TP etc.

Path B looks great for all magic WSs, hybrid WSs and WSs that works best with WSD. That being said some jobs already have 10%WSD legs, WAR/DRK has Sakpata which is better than those attack cap etc.

Hard choices, but lets see how doable T4 is gonna be first XD
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-03-09 07:48:30  
It's kind of funny.
The event was designed for multiple job usage (even though we circumvent that)
To eventually reward... limited job selection?
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 07:49:23  
Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas said: »

What you mean?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-03-09 07:53:47  
I take that back. Was too focused on paths.
Lets say you mainly play pet jobs, so you aug path D. Decide to use the piece for magic jobs cause it has good stats. Have to drop and restart the piece if you want to focus on magic jobs.

However, the base piece itself is good itself for other situations, regardless of the augment.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 07:54:15  
SimonSes said: »

What you mean?
I guess he means that you can only pick one piece, i.e. just one augment, i.e. just one/few jobs.
If you want it for your mage and for your melee, nope.
If you want one for TP and one for WS, nope.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 07:55:24  
They reallllllllllllllllly need to stop putting the pet ***on the augment.

These should be path ABC and the pet should be on the base piece. Always making people choose pet specific is douchey as hell. It basically ensures 99.9% will -never- pick path D why even bother.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 07:58:51  
Well its all jobs with 4 augment paths, they couldnt be more "all jobs rewarding" than this. Without r/e you would have probably 90%+ bis sets for all jobs being only this set with different paths and you could throw away 80% of your gear XD Would be very anti FFXI. Hard choices are very FFXI on the other hand.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 07:58:52  
Low haste on those legs btw, looks like they're following the model they had in mind for the other Odyssey sets.

We've seen multiple haste models since ilevel.
Most DD jobs had 6-7% haste on legs while mage pieces had like 5%.
Heads had 7-8 for DDs and 6% for mages.

Then they started with a new model with less haste on head/hands/feet but 9% haste on legs to compensate and still give 26% with a full set.

The odyssey sets instead seem to have less haste in general, requiring you external sources of haste like Ammo/belt/back
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas
By Quetzalcoatl.Mithlas 2021-03-09 08:00:11  
That Pet: Damage+ aug is unique to this event, so I'm excited for that. :(
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 08:01:01  
Asura.Sechs said: »
The odyssey sets instead seem to have less haste in general, requiring you external sources of haste like Ammo/belt/back

likely why many of the Atonement weapons have 1-3% haste on them.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-03-09 08:04:40  

What you mean?
I guess he means that you can only pick one piece, i.e. just one augment, i.e. just one/few jobs.
If you want it for your mage and for your melee, nope.
If you want one for TP and one for WS, nope.

I see this set as one to "fill in the gaps" vs "one set to rule them all"- I seriously doubt anyone with a solid mix of jobs in 2021 will end up picking the same path on all pieces- they'll grab what's best augment wise for unique situations.

As pointed out- many jobs get a 10% wsd leg piece with solid base stats- that path will be amazing for hybrid/magical WSs unless you got the Oseem Lottery, otherwise you might pick a different way. So what's more your pace? Spam a fight for RP for months, or every few months HOPE for a piece that can beat them? (speaking for us plebians without DM-accessible mules^^)

The atonement 3 sets didn't suddenly become garbage. Maybe not your priority for RP'ing 5/5 any more, but there's nothing wrong with some variety.
 Bahamut.Belkin
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-03-09 08:05:00  
Rare/ex, forcing you to pick a single path. Hmmmm... gonna be a tough choice for some people.

I don't mind. I'm sure this will lead to a lot of people mixing and matching augments. Make a head piece for mage, make a body piece for SAM, make a leg piece for COR.

I enjoy meaningful choices and a bit of exclusivity.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 08:09:12  
It's cool, would be cooler if we already had Empy+3 armor, would make it easier to pick which augment on each piece :-P
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 08:09:20  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I don't mind. I'm sure this will lead to a lot of people mixing and matching augments. Make a head piece for mage, make a body piece for SAM, make a leg piece for COR.

Yeah no, it just means whoever says this augment is best is the one everyone will pick.

And sure that's inevitable. Just don't think it's something it's not.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:12:44  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They reallllllllllllllllly need to stop putting the pet ***on the augment.

These should be path ABC and the pet should be on the base piece. Always making people choose pet specific is douchey as hell. It basically ensures 99.9% will -never- pick path D why even bother.

Idk about that. For example, for pure PUP player, path A, B and C are kinda useless. Path A is like worse Malignance for master setup and you kinda need Heyoka pet haste for dual TP. WSD is kinda weak for all h2h WSs, so path B of those is easily beaten by Mpaca. PAth C is obviously useless for PUP too. So path D is actually what most PUP players would choose.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 08:15:10  
PUP mains are the .1
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:15:13  
Bahamut.Belkin said: »

Yeah no, it just means whoever says this augment is best is the one everyone will pick.

And sure that's inevitable. Just don't think it's something it's not.

The thing is, one augment can be bis for one job and other for other, so its still gonna be choices between bis paths for different jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 08:16:45  
Wonder if all pieces will have the same 4 paths?
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:16:59  
PUP mains are the .01

and? Doesnt change the fact path D is not useless and none will take it.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 08:19:11  
99.9 =/= no one

All I said is they would be better served if the pet stats were on the base piece, because designing an augment for 10 people is a waste of effort.

That path D exists for literally 10 people, and they're probably grateful it does, and I'm happy for them to have the option.

But that it shouldn't be something they have to choose would've been better. Let's actually hear Aerix's Falkirk's Capuchin's take on it. People who actually play pet, instead of arguing on their behalf.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-09 08:19:17  
It's cool, would be cooler if we already had Empy+3 armor, would make it easier to pick which augment on each piece :-P
I mean, spending 8 months augmenting 2 pieces because they're the best for your favourite job, and then seeing Empy+3 being even better for those slots for the same job.

Wouldn't it feel frustrating? Would be solved by giving you the chance to change the augments, even with a weekly or monthly cooldown.
But noooope, need to drop and spend 8 months to augment them again.

When stuff gets this grindy you make people actually scared to make choices. Well, some people I guess, hopefully for SE a minority of people.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:23:12  
Wonder if all pieces will have the same 4 paths?

Imo no, unless maybe same stats but different values, but its not like its gonna be long till we know it. I hope by this time tomorrow some awesome person will already post datamined augments :)
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-03-09 08:25:27  
Plot twist
Each armor piece requires a different NM per it's augment type.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:28:33  
I mean, spending 8 months augmenting 2 pieces because they're the best for your favourite job, and then seeing Empy+3 being even better for those slots for the same job.

Wouldn't it feel frustrating? Would be solved by giving you the chance to change the augments, even with a weekly or monthly cooldown.
But noooope, need to drop and spend 8 months to augment them again.

When stuff gets this grindier you make people actually scared to make choices. Well, some people I guess, hopefully for SE a minority of people.

You can play safe and only gather augment points and never spend them until you see Empy +3 lol

But that it shouldn't be something they have to choose would've been better. Let's actually here Aerix's Falkirk's Capuchin's take on it.

If you ask them if they would rather want this being a part of base stats, they would for sure want that lol Also AFAIK doesnt game have limited numbers of stats you can put on item and then more can only be added via augments? Seeing how many stats are on base item, maybe they simply couldnt put more?
By SimonSes 2021-03-09 08:28:57  
Odin.Senaki said: »
Plot twist
Each armor piece requires a different NM per it's augment type.

Oh its almost 100% its gonna be that lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-09 08:30:21  
If you ask them if they would rather want this being a part of base stats, they would for sure want that lol Also AFAIK doesnt game have limited numbers of stats you can put on item and then more can only be added via augments? Seeing how many stats are on base item, maybe they simply couldnt put more?

Remove Racc Macc and make them implied. All stat+43

Lot's of shortcuts.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 195 196 197 ... 428 429 430