Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-01-11 12:14:38  
kireek said: »
For people saying ambuscade smn spamming wasn't responsible for the massive price drops on currencies, this will be the month to check.
Probably not entirely. Reducing the price of HQs across the board puts a premium on gil. When 150m buys a whole set of adhemar+1, making an unnecessary weapon seems less useful than when the same 150m would have only bought a body.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-11 12:16:59  
You guys are unbelievable. What were you honestly expecting from Dynamis? It's L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y just the same exact dynamis, with vanishing Aurix after 30 seconds, twice as bad drop rate, with monster levels arbitrarily increased by 50 levels. There is zero difference besides the magic/physical resistant gimmicks.

That said, the gear isn't really that bad. There's some pretty impressive pieces to gain from it, so if you're ok with grinding senseless fodder, you can get some decent shinies. Other than that, the event is what was to be expected, with the 60 hour lockout and all.

Omen was the last of a dying breed, and there's no reason any of us should believe the content of the future will ever be as engaging. Limbus/Besieged/Salvage3.0/Einherjar2/NNI2/Sea119 whatever will all be higher iterations of the predecessor with nothing of any real satisfaction. These events are really just about the gear at the end, you knew this already. That fact is made clear with how unpopular Master Trials are among the playerbase.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-11 12:17:42  
Macroscopic campaign was to blame for the most of that price drop, along with vw lights.

Not just ambuscade.
 Shiva.Spynx
サーバ: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-11 13:17:26  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Macroscopic campaign was to blame for the most of that price drop, along with vw lights.

Not just ambuscade.
Disagree on this. Macroscopic campaign didn't affect much more than skirmish stones (HQ abjuration were already collapsing with escutcheons) and VW one would only have affected HMP/dross/cinder - which it did, not denying that. The huge price drops across the border are due to back to back SMN-burnable ambuscade so that everybody and their mum could cap HM/gallantry in 1 day and destroy the price for any RME material. For instance, ergons are the one that took the worst hit on Shiva and those were not impacted whatsoever by orb/VW campaign.

Given this month ambu, I agree with kireek, price will raise once market dries.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-11 15:35:35  
Lockouts are due to money, plain and simple.

Can't keep your sub active without making you wait to obtain gear.

(this obviously does not work on everyone, but it's well known fact why it's actually done for any game) There are people on payroll who's job it is literally to figure out how to keep you playing longer.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-01-11 15:36:58  
Back in the day people did content for 6-12 months to get a piece of gear with 1 refresh on it, or 2 extra int. Now people expect 30% weapon skill damage or something, which is crazy.
SE kind of did it to themselves when they went away from mostly horizontal gear progression to this semi vertical one. People end up expecting it or at least not wanting to go for small sidegrade because the last few years have shown by the time you grind for it something strictly better is not unlikely to come out
[+]
By fonewear 2018-01-11 15:38:06  
Ambuscade really isn't content as far as I'm concerned. It's a way of keeping casual players to keep playing. A lot of players just spam Ambuscade and do little to nothing else.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-11 15:53:49  
Back in the day people did content for 6-12 months to get a piece of gear with 1 refresh on it, or 2 extra int. Now people expect 30% weapon skill damage or something, which is crazy.

Have to agree with clearlyamule on this one. When you have Corsair feet with mab+55 wsd+10, and then the next update its's quad shot from triple shot occ., they have basically set a really steep gear progression model wherein players won't waste their time grinding for a marginal increase if it isn't worth the hassle. I mean, within the first day or two of them releasing relic+2/3, people were already ruling out which pieces were categorically not worth the effort. This is about math and history, not greed. SE has been known to drop gear with WTFISTHIS type stats, so the players adjusted accordingly.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-01-11 16:36:05  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I mean, within the first day or two of them releasing relic+2/3, people were already ruling out which pieces were categorically not worth the effort. This is about math and history, not greed. SE has been known to drop gear with WTFISTHIS type stats, so the players adjusted accordingly.

extremely true. However, I would say that the reason a great deal of the relic gear was ruled out early is because direct comparison to existing gear...I'll discuss the Ranger pieces as they are closest to my heart these days:

Arcadian Bracers +2/+3: The direct comparison is obviously to Adhemar Wristbands+1, path C. The +3 bracers sport 2 more AGI, about 20 more ranged attack, LESS ranged accuracy, and ZERO Store TP compared to Adhemar+1's +7. The +3 hands have +7 snapshot...but even in a preshot build Carmine+1 sport 8 snapshot AND 11 rapid shot on ANY augment path. So in reality, there is no reason to use this piece. Even if the loss of 7 STP doesn't change your xhit build, Ranger takes advantage of TP overflow better than almost any job, as Last Stand, Trueflight, and Jishnu's Radiance all scale with TP to some extent (JR scales Crit rate, yes, not direct damage)...and those are our primary sources of damage these days.

Arcadian Socks +2/+3: Again, a direct comparison to Adhemar Gamashes+1, path D. This comparison isn't as harsh as the above, but let's break it down. +3 feet gain 9 AGI, a metric *** of ranged attack, and a little ranged accuracy over Adhemar+1. They also boast a +8% crit rate. Now, if you're using Gamashes +1, you're likely (as a RNG) using either or both +1 wristbands and kecks, meaning that with the set bonus, those +1 feet WILL have an 8% crit rate (4% natively, 4% for 2 pieces of +1 adhemar), and another whopping +7STP over the STP-less Arcadian. The Arcadian+3 do have +10 rapid shot for when you don't need the snapshot of +1 adhemar or +2 meghanada (read:flurry), however, I can get +10 rapid shot on pursuer's gaiters MUCH cheaper. MUCH.

So you see, the alienation of certain relic gear might have happened quickly, but it was fairly obvious. And linking the ability to upgrade pieces with having a win on THAT JOB meant prioritizing even more what pieces to shoot for. No way in hell I'd get the RNG feet before the COR feet, so yes I'll alienate pieces before I even try them, if SE is going to limit the ways to upgrade them behind 60 hour gating, job-specific wins, and 2007 droprates.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-11 17:54:46  
That, plus augmented reisenjima gear exists. Not to mention lolDM AUGMENTS. I'm not completely shitting on their gear released because some pieces are actually very very good (drg hands for example). But when they've implemented make-your-own gear via the augmenting system, and the already very good hq augmented gear, both of which can be work by multiple jobs and paths can be changed with minuscule amounts of silt, is hard to get people to want to pay 15-20 mil, or weeks of farming for a nearly 1-2% upgrade.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-11 18:33:00  
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »

Not just ambuscade.
Disagree on this. Macroscopic campaign didn't affect much more than skirmish stones (HQ abjuration were already collapsing with escutcheons) and VW one would only have affected HMP/dross/cinder - which it did, not denying that. The huge price drops across the border are due to back to back SMN-burnable ambuscade so that everybody and their mum could cap HM/gallantry in 1 day and destroy the price for any RME material. For instance, ergons are the one that took the worst hit on Shiva and those were not impacted whatsoever by orb/VW campaign.

Given this month ambu, I agree with kireek, price will raise once market dries.

Dunno about Siren, but on Fenrir, HPB started to seriously tank about 2-3 months ago right when they raised how much HM you got from intense. It seems to have leveled out for now.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-01-11 18:46:07  
Dynamis is such a terrible event... and in some cases.. a complete waste of time at this point...

Its kinda pathetic they even thought this was decent content and makes me worried about future content as well
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-11 21:24:16  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Dynamis is such a terrible event... and in some cases.. a complete waste of time at this point...

Its kinda pathetic they even thought this was decent content and makes me worried about future content as well

fixed.

There is absolutely no positives to doing dynamis divergence. zero. Unless you're selling drops.

Its boring as ***. The drop rates are way to low. The amount needed for upgrades is to. damn. high.

It's actually more gil for a single piece of relic+3 than a relic weapon. (2m x15 3m x9 1m x6)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-11 22:26:24  
The dynamis d campaign should be coming sometime around summer. As one of the main people complaining about the lack of content, I'm not in the least bit shocked at how boring and grindy the event is, nor am I bothered. It took them a full year to release something after omen. Just accept the fact that any future content will follow suit. No idea why your hopes were up, the writing was on the wall months ago.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-11 22:35:41  
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

We love it, super fun and very reminiscent of the old school variety.

My only real gripe is that the Leader NM's should have a 100% drop rate on at least one upgrade material from their job list. You can only kill once per run of each type and with the runs at 3 days apart, no reason not to have them have one guaranteed drop.

For anyone complaining about the gear, you are all idiots.

JSE sets have one or two powerful items, then the rest are either junk, enhance a specific ability or are niche / super situational. It's been that way for over a decade. In the past SE would release the entire set so you would see the nice item and completely ignore the three ***ones. Now they are releasing them one at at time so don't expect every JSE to be useful, expect 3/5 of the set to be ***.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2018-01-11 22:37:23  
I really think it would have benefited from some sort of craft material drops like the original dynamis. And killing statues is so sad since they drop absolutely nothing.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-01-11 22:46:42  
Asura.Saevel said: »
expect 3/5 of the set to be ***.

Cliffnotes version for most jobs is "Please look forward to the 4th Dyna zone"
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-01-11 23:01:45  
Beastmen medals swell for a princely amount. Kindred too. But I know what you mean. With omen they released a full line of moon gear with the appropriate getting material. That trend should have followed suit.

Actually, any new content should always have crafting materials for new gear, in my opinion. Since gear tends to move further down the progression chart with every new release, it's only fair to Crafters that the best gear be something people can make.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-12 01:15:14  
My only real gripe
Mine is the unlock system.
Which is not complex in itself (beating the midboss is pretty easy after all) but having to do that for each of your job is really bothering, especially when not all of your friends can offer the necessary verstility in job selections and some people have to be stuck on the same 2-3 jobs.
I'm thankful about the fact I don't really want the majority of the Relic upgrades released so far, but it's an annoying process nonetheless.

Oh and yeah, Leaders should have higher drop rate.
I mean I'm sure they already have, but it should be even higher.

Other than that I'm sorta fine with this new dyna, but I wonder how fast it's gonna get old/boring compared to Omen, which took many many months for me before I felt bored/burned out.

edit:
I'm not fine with the current prices of course, but I'm confident things will get more reasonable in a few months from now after specific Duna campaigns and stuff.
By Afania 2018-01-12 01:31:22  
Asura.Sechs said: »
My only real gripe
Which is not complex in itself (beating the midboss is pretty easy after all) but having to do that for each of your job is really bothering, especially when not all of your friends can offer the necessary verstility in job selections and some people have to be stuck on the same 2-3 jobs.
I'm thankful about the fact I don't really want the majority of the Relic upgrades released so far, but it's an annoying process nonetheless.

Personally, I really appreciate opportunity to come other jobs with a real legit reason. Otherwise I'd go nuts if I have to cor every single dyna.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-12 02:52:58  
I'm happy for you that you get such a privilege.
As it stands out some of us unluckily do not =/
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 07:08:42  
Asura.Sechs said: »

It's better then Omen's card system. At least in Dyna we only need to bring someone in for one farming run, and we can usually job shuffle to get that done. There is usually enough all around job diversity that you can have one to three people on alternate jobs per run, as long as your group is reasonable then it can work fine. Doesn't mean a person can be like "I want a clear on these 11 jobs", that's selfish and that kind of person is probably not worth including in that group to begin with.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-12 07:15:25  
It's better then Omen's card system.
Yes and no.
Well overall yes, absolutely yes, but with some due differences.

Omen's issues got greatly mitigated by the 4 (so far) campaigns we received and the cards farming path. All things that might happen to Divergence as well, and I sure hope it will eventually in due time.
Omen was also a 6men event which was very strict into the type of jobs you could allow in, but all this evaporated when they opened Omen to alliance without increasing the difficulty.
Dynamis is in theory tuned for larger groups compared to Omen... altough this point is moot because realistically it only applies to the supermegabosses (and you don't need them to unlock +3).

Well no, I guess Dyna "unlock" system truly is better than Omen's under practically every point of view, in the end.
Still annoying though! /complain :P
 Ragnarok.Inx
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2018-01-12 07:52:12  
Dyna is boring in its current state, its a dull bare-bones event that is neither especially rewarding or entertaining to do.

Most gear is meh, which combined with its grindyness and relative expense compared to competing options makes it unappealing for a lot of jobs.

Whats more its not even particularly lucrative to farm for gil, every run I end up thinking how many more medals I could simply buy from the AH by doing almost anything else over the same period.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 07:57:36  
Haha

For anyone complaining about the gear, you are all idiots.

JSE sets have one or two powerful items, then the rest are either junk, enhance a specific ability or are niche / super situational. It's been that way for over a decade. In the past SE would release the entire set so you would see the nice item and completely ignore the three ***ones. Now they are releasing them one at at time so don't expect every JSE to be useful, expect 3/5 of the set to be ***.
 Bahamut.Agerine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-01-12 07:59:33  
Ragnarok.Inx said: »
Dyna is boring in its current state, its a dull bare-bones event that is neither especially rewarding or entertaining to do.

Most gear is meh, which combined with its grindyness and relative expense compared to competing options makes it unappealing for a lot of jobs.

Whats more its not even particularly lucrative to farm for gil, every run I end up thinking how many more medals I could simply buy from the AH by doing almost anything else over the same period.

I had alot of fun the first month in there but after running the numbers and seeing the drop rates, my enjoyment of the event has slid pretty low. I was setting up 2 runs a week with linkshell and dropped it down to 1 since we aren’t getting anything from it.

If the drop rate was higher... on literally any items in the zone I would have so much more fun in there. 12-18 man events and I come out with Maybe 1 shard( probably not), 5-10 rusted tags, 5-10 black tags... at that rate it would take 60-120 runs just to make a +2 off of tags alone without spending any Gil.

This seriously reminds me of making a relic weapon... but for 1 slot of armor... meow.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-12 08:45:45  
Bahamut.Agerine said: »
If the drop rate was higher... on literally any items in the zone I would have so much more fun in there. 12-18 man events and I come out with Maybe 1 shard( probably not), 5-10 rusted tags, 5-10 black tags... at that rate it would take 60-120 runs just to make a +2 off of tags alone without spending any Gil.

What are you doing .....

We routinely farm zones for currency and never pull numbers that low, that's an indication that your group is doing something fundamentally wrong.

Last night, 12 man run with my one mule acting as the loot collector. Farmed first wave mobs for 45 minutes before killing mid boss and farming second wave mobs for the remaining time.

304 Rusted cards
2 Beastman medals
161 Blackened cards

Five or six shards with another three or four void items on the second wave.

Our organization is one fully buffed DD party and one "tank" party. The THF/BRD is in the tank pt and their only job is to use horde lullaby + threnodies to tag every mob with TH. They do this quickly because the mobs have an average life expectancy of around 5~7 seconds. One "tank" is doing nothing but pulling two to three statues worth of mobs at a time while the second "tank" is using aoe hate tools (/BLU) to hold everything in one spot while the BRD's sleep and the DD's murder everything.

This is exactly like old Dynamis, reward is directly in relation with the quantity of monsters killed. Optimal farming strategies are to kill as many monsters as possible. Keep the meat grinder rolling forward and don't stop. We found the Leader NM's not worth the time, they rarely give anything other then four tags which we frequently get off regular mobs that die in a fraction of the time. For any single leader NM we can kill ten or more of a regular mob. The end boss's are only worth it if you can kill in under 15 minutes without major deaths or stoppages of currency farming.

As for the whole "OMG SO HARD TO GET", ***. I was in line for almost a year before I got my Chapeau from northlands. Relics took a year or more and that's with a lot of extra currency being purchased on the side. Dyna runs were twice a week with sponsors buying the hourglass and collecting the currency, super fast shells could farm out 450~700 currency per run depending on how generous 100 pieces were. People are just spoiled with getting gear within a few weeks of content release.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 447 448 449