Random Politics & Religion #27

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52
By Viciouss 2017-09-26 10:53:23  
nausi is making things up early today, so, a normal day on FFXIAH.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 10:55:53  
Nausi said: »
Most people think players who kneel are shitheads. Trump calling them out asshitheads isnt gonna hurt trump. Its just gonna remind everyone who thinks that they're shitheads that they have something in common with Trump. The only people that arent gonna drift closer to Trump because of that are people who cant get over their irrational hatred of the guy.

I think you're looking too hard at this.

People don't want controversy. This is 100% manufactured controversy. People may take a side but what they really want is for it to go away. Shush it up. Let them have their Sunday diversion.

I have a friend who pointedly said he has spent the past six months avoiding politics entirely but had to chime in because it's interrupting his football now.

He doesn't give a *** what they do, he wants it to stop distracting from his football.

That's America in a nutshell. Stop ruining my free time.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:00:15  
After Trump won I stopped caring about Trump. My job was done I/we defeated Hillary.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:01:03  
And if a bunch of whiny liberals can't take it. I don't know what to tell you move to Canada or Russia.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-26 11:03:02  
Ramyrez said: »
Most people think players who kneel are shitheads. Trump calling them out asshitheads isnt gonna hurt trump. Its just gonna remind everyone who thinks that they're shitheads that they have something in common with Trump. The only people that arent gonna drift closer to Trump because of that are people who cant get over their irrational hatred of the guy.

I think you're looking too hard at this.

People don't want controversy. This is 100% manufactured controversy. People may take a side but what they really want is for it to go away. Shush it up. Let them have their Sunday diversion.

I have a friend who pointedly said he has spent the past six months avoiding politics entirely but had to chime in because it's interrupting his football now.

He doesn't give a *** what they do, he wants it to stop distracting from his football.

That's America in a nutshell. Stop ruining my free time.
Trump isn't perpetuating it by reacting to it, the players are by kneeling.
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:04:11  
No one I repeat no one. Watches football to watch some schmuck kneel. We watch it for entertainment and maybe to make some money.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:05:52  
Trump isn't perpetuating it by reacting to it, the players are by kneeling.

I want you to think about something.

Every time a liberal (or some RINO or w/e) says "you can't do (x), it's wrong!"

You cheer like *** mad when Trump does it.

Do you understand how this applies both ways?

Trump tries to tell them what to do, they say "*** you, I'm doing it anyway."

It's a human response. To quote the troubadours of anger against the mechanical devices, "*** you, I won't do what you tell me."
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:08:19  
fonewear said: »
No one I repeat no one. Watches football to watch some schmuck kneel.

I don't watch it for the anthem either and frankly don't care if anyone pisses or goes fishing while it's playing. I love my country, I don't really give a ***about the symbolism.

This is all just territorial pissing. It bores me. Yet here I am talking about it, like every other *** schmuck. Guess the machine wins after all.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-09-26 11:09:20  
No one I repeat no one. Watches football to watch some schmuck kneel. We watch it for entertainment and maybe to make some money.

It's someone kneeling for literally a MINUTE before the game even starts. Most of the time I don't even have the game on yet.

The people genuinely politicizing this issue are the people that are so outraged by it.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:11:16  
What is really funny is the guy that started all this ***isn't even in the NFL. So he is a schmuck like the rest of us.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-26 11:12:10  
Trump is literally reacting to the action. The reaction isnt making more people kneel, those people are doing that all on their own.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:12:40  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
It's someone kneeling for literally a MINUTE before the game even starts. Most of the time I don't even have the game on yet.

What I really love about the local Penguins broadcast is that half the time they have contractual obligations to air other programs right until puck drop so they frequently pick up game coverage exactly the moment the game starts.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:13:49  
Trump is literally reacting to the action. The reaction isnt making more people kneel, those people are doing that all on their own.

The funny thing is you're getting it even though you're not.

You just want to be right.

Me too!

Let's dance in our Americaness.

By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:14:04  
The protesters will go away as soon as we stop paying attention to them. So don't look !
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:15:45  
If they were true anarchist they would do what the Una bomber did. Build a cabin and live in the woods away form society.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:16:04  
The protesters will go away as soon as we stop paying attention to them. So don't look !

That's the stance I've taken on Donald, for that matter.

My life has gotten so much easier since I stopped giving a ***about him directly. I mean, my feelings haven't changed, I just decided to focus on other things and worry about ***if it actually goes *** up. Because I'm not in a position to stop big wheels from turning, nor do I have the drive to put myself in such a position.

When things start blowing up, let me know. Until then I'll just put on the football game...

...GOD DAMMIT.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-26 11:18:29  
If you are angry do something useful with your energy. Raging against Trump is not productive. And no one likes a protester. They smell bad.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-26 11:24:24  
I JUST told you...I enjoy watching them get maced and arrested.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-26 11:25:03  
You're wrong.
By Viciouss 2017-09-26 11:26:21  
Week 2 about 10 players took a knee, Trump attacked them, Week 3 over 200 protest, but it has nothing to do with Trump. Only in nausi's little bubble.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:28:39  
And no one likes a protester. They smell bad.

I've always wondered this about protests and rallies. Conservative or liberal alike.

Do these people fast for three days beforehand so they don't have to excrete impurities?

I never see nearly enough -- if any! -- portajohns in these places!
By Ramyrez 2017-09-26 11:29:47  
Viciouss said: »
Week 2 about 10 players took a knee, Trump attacked them, Week 3 over 200 protest, but it has nothing to do with Trump. Only in nausi's little bubble.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Shiva.Shruiken
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-09-26 11:39:48  
What is really funny is the guy that started all this ***isn't even in the NFL. So he is a schmuck like the rest of us.

He was blackballed in response of his movement. Realistically speaking he's a good enough QB to be starting in the NFL, nonetheless backup.

***I'd happily welcome him on the Jets. Now that kneeling is popular I expect he'll find a contract.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-26 11:44:05  
Anna Ruthven said: »
You're wrong.
Trumps words are not responsible for their actions.

This is a cornerstone of liberalism. That words "hurt" or otherwise cause people to act. Its the foundational piece of their philosophy behind "hate speech".

Dont speak, or you will be responsible for how someone reacts. The people who act cant be held responsible for their actions, they're the victims.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-09-26 11:45:21  
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

The people genuinely politicizing this issue are the people that are so outraged by it.

I think Trevor Noah said it best:

Quote:
"If the NFL players wanted to disrespect our country, they wouldn't take a knee and peacefully protest. If they wanted to disrespect the country, they would do crazy things like insult gold star families, or make fun of POWs like John McCain, or say that America is morally equivalent of Putin's Russia."
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-26 11:46:00  
People started taking the knee before Trump, so clearly Trump is responsible for players taking the knee.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-26 11:47:35  
Anna Ruthven said: »
You're wrong.
Trumps words are not responsible for their actions.

This is a cornerstone of liberalism. That words "hurt" or otherwise cause people to act. Its the foundational piece of their philosophy behind "hate speech".

Dont speak, or you will be responsible for how someone reacts. The people who act cant be held responsible for their actions, they're the victims.
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-09-26 11:47:38  
People started taking the knee before Trump, so clearly Trump is responsible for players taking the knee.

You clearly have no concept of cause and effect.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-26 11:48:51  
Ramyrez said: »
And no one likes a protester. They smell bad.

I've always wondered this about protests and rallies. Conservative or liberal alike.

Do these people fast for three days beforehand so they don't have to excrete impurities?

I never see nearly enough -- if any! -- portajohns in these places!
Protesters usually ***on the people and businesses nearby nowadays. That's how they do it.
By Viciouss 2017-09-26 11:50:55  
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 50 51 52