Random Politics & Religion #27

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 50 51 52
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 13:35:36  
Nausi said: »
My whole attitude is based in the understanding that people can become unattractive inside a marriage, I'm very clearly up front with how that change would affect me. This alone makes me reasonable.

It makes you honest. Let's not stretch that too far into the realms of reasonable though. Expecting eternal youth and/or being able to just swap out for a younger model without repercussion is above your pay grade if you've got time to post here.

Quote:
The delusional parties are the people who think that if they gain 50 pounds or their *** start looking like runny eggs nailed to a wall, their partners will not notice, out of some one sided obligation.

And this is why. What you're not understanding is there are, in fact, attraction factors that have nothing to do with physical appearance. I can say without hesitation that there are women who would probably sleep with me that are younger and more conventionally more attractive than my wife. However, they're also not my wife. There's more for attraction for me than just a pretty face and perky breasts.

Quote:
Wanting to be attracted to your partner is not the mark of a shallow person. It's absurd to think it is.

Wanting to be attracted to your partner is not the mark of a shallow person. Expecting your partner to constantly be conventionally attractive -- either through magic(or plastic surgery) and/or some sort of replacement program every decade -- is extremely shallow.

Which is what I was saying before. I think it's a bit...lame. But it's your choice if you want to feel like that. It's not wrong in any technical sense, but I think it's kind of shitty.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 13:36:11  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Mostly earnest conversation

then...

HAVE U SMOKED TEH CRACK?!

I love this forum sometimes.

I roll with it.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-22 13:41:09  
My whole attitude is based in the understanding that people can become unattractive inside a marriage

you're unattractive right now though. that's the point that you aren't getting. the closed mindedness, the self importance, the self righteousness, the immaturity, it's all hideously, astonishingly ugly.

beauty doesn't have anything to do with outward appearance. and your failure to understand that is what is holding you back from growing as a person.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 13:44:02  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
beauty doesn't have anything to do with outward appearance. and your failure to understand that is what is holding you back from growing as a person.

...this isn't evil at all.

Who are you and what did you do with Nik?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-22 13:47:52  
>Insists orientation is genetic because he's gay
>Unless you're orientated towards younger, thinner women, then it's a shallow choice.

Only makes sense to a liberal.
Being attracted to pretty people isn't shallow on its own but your list of "fundamentals" is.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-09-22 14:02:03  
Ramyrez said: »
Wanting to be attracted to your partner is not the mark of a shallow person. Expecting your partner to constantly be conventionally attractive -- either through magic(or plastic surgery) and/or some sort of replacement program every decade -- is extremely shallow.

Which is what I was saying before. I think it's a bit...lame. But it's your choice if you want to feel like that. It's not wrong in any technical sense, but I think it's kind of shitty.

OK, I never said I expected my partner to be perpetually physically attractive. In fact I have REPEATEDLY stated that I understand this. I have however said that given the choice, I prefer a physically attractive partner over a non physically attractive partner, not sure how that's controversial.

Now I'm apparently pleading with everyone here to understand the premise that if my partner becomes less physically attractive to me, I will not be as physically attracted to them. Somehow this makes me a shallow ***? This thread is *** absurd sometimes.
By Zerowone 2017-09-22 14:10:38  
HAVE YOU SMOKED THE CRACK?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-22 14:15:13  

granted...my perception of reality isn't entirely normal...for the most part I see people as the hideous caricatures of the ugliness they are trying to bury deep within. you mentioned belinda carlisle and all I can see if her chin and her forehead...

but I don't know her personally. maybe she is a beautiful person and I would see it if we hung out... from a distance she looks like a self absorbed *** and I don't find that attractive...

but whatever floats your boat...

the cosmetic beauty that everyone else sees. it washes off.
whats hiding underneath the concealer, the push up bra, the high heels, what happens when they take all of that off. does your opinion of the person change.
By Nausi 2017-09-22 14:17:09  
My whole attitude is based in the understanding that people can become unattractive inside a marriage

you're unattractive right now though. that's the point that you aren't getting. the closed mindedness, the self importance, the self righteousness, the immaturity, it's all hideously, astonishingly ugly.

You seem to be equating physical attractiveness with personal attractiveness. These are two very different things. Both are very important, but considering the relationship I'm looking for involves the goal of starting a family, doing so with someone who's only got another few dozen shots at it seems counter productive.

On the overweight aspect, I don't know what to tell you. It's unhealthy and otherwise anti-stimulating. I can and have loved women before whom I wasn't very physically attracted to. They have always been the ones who can't deal with being with someone who doesn't think they're very physically attractive.
By Zerowone 2017-09-22 14:18:49  
whats hiding underneath the concealer, the push up bra, the high heels, what happens when they take all of that off. does your opinion of the person change.

Sometimes though rarely, the inverse happens.

Like this one time with this one woman who when clothed looked a little hefty but when she took her clothes off she was just tall big boned and perfectly proportioned...maybe I'm going off on a tanned genital.
By Nausi 2017-09-22 14:21:57  

>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale

Yep those are the same things
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 14:23:34  

granted...my perception of reality isn't entirely normal...for the most part I see people as the hideous caricatures of the ugliness they are trying to bury deep within. you mentioned belinda carlisle and all I can see if her chin and her forehead...

but I don't know her personally. maybe she is a beautiful person and I would see it if we hung out... from a distance she looks like a self absorbed *** and I don't find that attractive...

but whatever floats your boat...

Eh. You're right about the fluffery, we'll call it.

The thing about celebs and all that is that it's all an illusion which most of us will never even be near, let alone be involved with. I am not so critical of every aspect of life that I can't find an pretty illusion pretty.

But I also know where my butter gets churned.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 14:26:35  
Now I'm apparently pleading with everyone here to understand the premise that if my partner becomes less physically attractive to me, I will not be as physically attracted to them.

Not sure if this sentence is tautological or an if/then statement.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 14:32:25  
>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale

Not that it really matters in context to the conversation, but can we define "land whale" here for the sake of posterity?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-22 14:35:12  
Shallow person mystified by other shallow people. Blah blah blah.
I roll with it.
Do you roll crack? I thought you just toss some rocks in a pipe and light it up. I haven't partaken so I'd appreciate some clarification from any available crackheads.
By Nausi 2017-09-22 14:36:48  
Now I'm apparently pleading with everyone here to understand the premise that if my partner becomes less physically attractive to me, then I will not be as physically attracted to them.

Not sure if this sentence is tautological or an if/then statement.

FTFY

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Zerowone 2017-09-22 14:38:52  

>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale

Yep those are the same things

Yea but have you ever seen a cosmic land whale?
Or an interstellar swamp donkey?
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 14:40:00  
eslim said: »
>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale
Not that it really matters in context to the conversation, but can we define "land whale" here for the sake of posterity?
having sex on the couch whlist watching your favorite show or playing video games.

i used to be one............... but i always felt something in-between~
(also, anger)

And we were making such progress.

Sadness.
By Zerowone 2017-09-22 14:42:00  
eslim said: »
>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale
having sex on the couch whlist watching your favorite show or playing video games.

i used to be one............... but i always felt something in-between~
(also, anger)

And we were making such progress.

Sadness.

Progress..
I used to be one..
.. now I'm a disposable personality..

Say have you ever smoked crack.

Sorry Ramy but he is dropping pearls before swine.
By Ramyrez 2017-09-22 14:42:48  
Zerowone said: »

No U.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-22 14:43:37  
>cosmic beauty
>not being a landwhale

Women generally start becoming pretty unappealing to me 10~15 pounds of excess fat. Far more turned on in the lower half of their BMI
By Zerowone 2017-09-22 14:44:15  
Zerowone said: »

No U.

[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-22 14:45:40  
Cosmic whales was the plot of Star Trek IV.

THIS IS SUM GOOD CRACK YUM
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 35 36 37 ... 50 51 52