Random Politics & Religion #27

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 50 51 52
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-09-13 04:03:43  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Satanists

Oh, you mean THESE people?

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-13 07:06:12  
Its funny how the standard for calling someone a troll is whether or not some other person is offended by what they say INSTEAD of whether the post's aim is to simply upset people.

The tone of conversation can never be set by the people whose job it seems is to be constantly offended.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-13 07:18:27  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Satanists

Oh, you mean THESE people?

He is a level 3 satanist and next week when they play DnD he will be a level 4 satanist !
By fonewear 2017-09-13 07:20:10  
Basically everyone in that satanist video is probably a member of ffxiah or currently plays FFXI.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-13 07:42:38  
Nausi said: »
Its funny how the standard for calling someone a troll is whether or not some other person is offended by what they say INSTEAD of whether the post's aim is to simply upset people.

The tone of conversation can never be set by the people whose job it seems is to be constantly offended.

You can't discuss things rationally with those people, they don't operate on a rational level but instead on a pure emotional one. If something makes them feel good then it is good, if it makes them feel bad then it's evil. Instead of discussing stuff rationally, just point, laugh and treat them like the six year olds they act like.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-09-13 09:42:42  

Which is why you don't set the topics.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-13 10:00:28  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

It's less about being offended and more about saying something false and stupid.

In other words, your offended by anything that disagree's with your own beliefs.

Wow, color me not-surprised.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-13 10:35:17  

It's less about being offended and more about saying something false and stupid.

I don't know how much of the conversation you caught...but the topic of "neutral media" came up and nausi stated he thought fox news was the closest thing at one point.

Which is his personal opinion on how "close", which is a relative term, one news organization is or was, as compared to other news organizations are or aren't. The rules clearly state that we aren't supposed to attack other posters.

Here is an example of disagreeing with someone without resorting to personal attacks...

Asura.Saevel said: »
Fox is pretty right leaning and advertised as such....

This is proper discourse. I disagree with your assessment and here is my reasoning behind it...

And here we see an example of breaking the forum rules.

Troll.
name calling
Nice meme, bro.
harassment

rather than polite adult conversation as in the first example this second and third example is what is known as a "personal attack" as you stated "It's less about being offended and more about saying something false and stupid."

In matters of personal opinion to attack the opinion by saying their opinion is false and/or stupid is tantamount to attacking the person themselves.

What makes matters worse is in this particular case is that the poster making the personal attacks is SUPPOSED TO BE ENFORCING RULES AGAINST SUCH BEHAVIOR.

Perhaps... it is too much to ask that these forum moderators set a good example of the tone and discourse that should be used in these forums... in which case I would argue that they should at the very least shut the hell up.

We can't block them so they should learn how to behave like adults or failing that at the very least keep their big traps shut.

But then again, I've been caught enjoying both a hawaiian pizza and a bbq chicken pizza and while I would argue that neither should really be considered pizza in the traditional sense THEY BOTH HAD PINEAPPLE ON THEM WHICH INVALIDATES ALL OF MY OPINIONS

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-09-13 10:52:51  
*** the rules right in the ear, I say.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-13 10:57:42  
Ok, maybe 25 years ago.

Exactly

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-13 11:24:05  
If that's what he meant he should have been more specific about it

yeah... well then maybe you should teach a class on more clearly articulating opinions in the modern forum setting to avoid being called a troll by the moderators... and other kids who really just have no business being on the internet in the first place because of their complete lack of basic reading comprehension, their inability to ask follow up questions like 'when do you think that happened' and the dying art of backreading an entire conversation before chiming in....

We'll have to work on shortening the name a bit but... I KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AND I'M OLD, AND I'M AN IDIOT, AND I'M TOO POOR TO PAY ATTENTION HALF THE TIME.

Plus I'm at least half crazy so when you factor all that in... If his words and feelings and opinions can reach just one dimwitted old blathering jerkoff, like me... then clearly the problem is you

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-09-13 12:00:15  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
then clearly the problem is you

The real problem here is pineapple pizza.

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-13 12:30:40  
Truth be told I'm a wide load that will eat just about anything set in front of me like a pig in the fat house... or a poor catholic...or an unpaid, less attractive more annoying and hairier version of andrew zimmern... lamb's head soup?

I don't pretend that I understand the modern hatred, animosity and friendships lost over other people and their food preferences...
or the cats vs dogs thing or the cake vs pie deal...

/shrug
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2017-09-13 14:25:12  
It's because rich white people ran out of real problems to argue about.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-09-13 14:36:27  
Siren.Mosin said: »
It's because rich white people ran out of real problems to argue about.

my son tells me there's also this new thing where kids don't get along well with their parents...

[+]
 Phoenix.Xantavia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2017-09-13 15:41:38  
Candlejack said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
/insert aol modem dialup noise here

*static* *brrrrrrrrrrrrRrrrrrreeeeeeee* You Got MAIL!
This is what I really miss. The one thing I was felt was lost going from PS2 to PC.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-09-13 23:16:39  

Pretty much everything in PnR is false stupid.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-13 23:17:13  
Hell I'm willing to bet most of you guys didn't vote. Yet here you are bitching like a voter !
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 50 51 52