Random Politics & Religion #27

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 50 51 52
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-06 10:39:57  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Every year the farmworkers in CA hold a "take my job please" event. Hardly anyone ever takes them up on it.

This spring cherry growers in WA offered $11/hour, food, housing, transportation from major cities. They got not near enough people to harvest their cherries. Can't wait to see what happens with apple season.
Have zero issues with migrant workers. I actually wish our congress would stop *** around and introduce a fast migrant worker visa program similar to damn near every other first world nation. The VISA should be approved within a handful of months and have strong language stipulating that person can only work for that employer during that time limit and forfeit judiciary benefits if they violate their visa status similar to what the VWP has.
We have a similar program, it is rife with abuses on all sides.
Takes too long

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2016/05/28/479633481/farmers-wait-and-wait-for-guest-workers-amid-h-2a-visa-delays

UCIS is terrible with scheduling and the gigantic amounts of red tape make anything immigration related takes triple the amount of time it should take. I know this from personal experience as I'm sponsoring someone myself. They still force the "temporary workers" to go through all the regulatory immigration *** that normal workers and students go through, which completely defeats the purpose. Anyone who would actually use the H2A program for farming would into scheduling issues sooner rather then later.
All sides includes the governmental side as well.
By fonewear 2017-09-06 10:40:53  
fonewear said: »
Viciouss said: »
Every time Saevel almost says something sensible, he goes and ruins it with that superiority complex of his.

I don't find him to have a superiority complex. He just knows a lot of stuff.

I know more then they do, that hurts their feelings and makes them feel oppressed. I also don't give a flying *** about their feelings or perceptions, which is a huge issue to people brought up to believe that muh feelings >> everything else.

That is why I voted for Trump. You know that if he won they would collectively lose their minds. And the entertainment from liberal outrage. Should keep me entertained till 2020 when hopefully we can do it again.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-06 10:41:16  
Paged!

By Viciouss 2017-09-06 10:41:17  
Every time Saevel almost says something sensible, he goes and ruins it with that superiority complex of his.

I don't find him to have a superiority complex. He just knows a lot of stuff.

lol, right on cue.
By fonewear 2017-09-06 10:42:29  
There is nothing wrong with being superior to someone at something. That is what America is all about. It isn't about promoting mediocre people.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-09-06 10:43:44  
It isn't about promoting mediocre people.

Scoped out our gov't lately?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 10:44:17  

That is different to get elected you just need your average yokel to pull a lever.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 10:44:54  
And really successful people like Trump didn't get rich by working for the government.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-09-06 10:47:15  

That is different to get elected you just need your average yokel to pull a lever.

Scoped out the Cabinet?
By fonewear 2017-09-06 10:48:11  

Scoped out the Cabinet?

No I've scoped out some nice red heads though.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Slore
サーバ: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2017-09-06 11:20:16  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
On a side note, I've been an Easterner for one day and I already hate New York. I'm 90% sure that the roads were designed by some drunk guy.

Hey I live in Upstate NY! Wait till winter haha salt gonna eat your car.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-06 11:30:41  
And really successful people like Trump didn't get rich by working for the government.

Government is where you go when you want a safe job with minimum effort and minimum potential. Thus it's filled with Democrats.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-06 12:12:08  
http://www.theblaze.com/podcasts/transit-system-refuses-to-release-video-of-criminals-in-a-spate-of-robberies-you-can-guess-why/

Don't know how that didn't make it to here.

San Francisco refusing to release surveillance footage showing minority gangs committing crimes on the subway. The reason is catch this,

Quote:
To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district, and in addition, it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.

Quote:
sensationalizing relatively minor crimes and perpetuating false stereotypes in the process.

There ya have it folks. Liberal Utopia at it's finest. Political Narrative is more important to protecting citizens from criminals.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-06 12:15:56  
And because sources are bad, unless their liberal sources.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/07/09/bart-withholding-surveillance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/

Quote:
Allen told us the agency issued an explanation for why it is being tight-lipped about the thefts.

“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

According to a memo distributed to BART Directors, the agency won’t do a press release on the June 30 theft because it was a “petty crime” that would make BART look “crime ridden.” Furthermore, it would “unfairly affect and characterize riders of color, leading to sweeping generalizations in media reports.”

And that's from a super left her Majesty Hillary for World Empress news agency. If it's sounding that bad coming from them, imagine how bad it really is.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-09-06 12:25:29  
Speaking of Hillary she is writing another book why...cause that is what losers do.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-06 14:26:14  
Speaking of Hillary she is writing another book why...cause that is what losers do.

That's how ex-powerful people make money legitimately. Write books and give speeches.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-06 14:33:01  
Awesome, another book bomb. I love watching Hillary lose.

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2017-09-06 14:46:21  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi must be happy, Trump is supporting democrats for a debt ceiling increase.

Ha! You have no clue the extent if the 4d chess going on right now.

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2017-09-06 15:22:34  
Trump is supporting democrats for a debt ceiling increase.

Total blindside for Ryan and McConnell, who are seething right now. Republicans walk away with nothing.
By fonewear 2017-09-06 15:43:50  
Nausi said: »
Ha! You have no clue the extent if the 4d chess going on right now.

Yes, you are right. I don't have a clue of what you are talking about.

You're out of touch I'm out of time !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-09-06 20:10:05  
Nausi must be happy, Trump is supporting democrats for a debt ceiling increase.
I'm happy about it too.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-09-06 20:25:45  
Bismarck.Lennart said: »
Nausi said: »
All these dreamers should be handed a bill on their way out for all the services we've paid for in their rise to adulthood.

DACA, explained

YouTube Video Placeholder

Yeah.... more ***.

DACA is a memo from President Obama telling DHS and UCIS not to prosecute two who illegally entered the USA as minors. The Dream Act never passed no matter how much leftists want to pretend otherwise.

Everything else is just imaginary *** added to justify the blatantly unconstitutional action. It's no different then President Trump sighing a memo telling the FBI, IRS and SEC not to investigate financial crimes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-09-06 22:16:58  
Understanding Prosecutorial Discretion in Immigration Law
Quote:
“Prosecutorial discretion” is the authority of an agency or officer to decide what charges to bring and how to pursue each case. A law-enforcement officer who declines to pursue a case against a person has favorably exercised prosecutorial discretion. The authority to exercise discretion in deciding when to prosecute and when not to prosecute based on a priority system has long been recognized as a critical part of U.S. law. The concept of prosecutorial discretion applies in civil, administrative, and criminal contexts. The Supreme Court has made it clear that “an agency’s decision not to prosecute or enforce, whether through civil or criminal process, is a decision generally committed to an agency’s absolute discretion.” Heckler v. Chaney 470 U.S. 821, 831 (1985).
So unconstitutional despite it being in practice (and supported by the courts) for decades. People here don't even seem averse to the idea of these people staying eventually just that Obama was the last one to do it, which is about as much thought as Trump probably put into it.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-09-07 07:08:49  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Understanding Prosecutorial Discretion in Immigration Law
Quote:
“Prosecutorial discretion” is the authority of an agency or officer to decide what charges to bring and how to pursue each case. A law-enforcement officer who declines to pursue a case against a person has favorably exercised prosecutorial discretion. The authority to exercise discretion in deciding when to prosecute and when not to prosecute based on a priority system has long been recognized as a critical part of U.S. law. The concept of prosecutorial discretion applies in civil, administrative, and criminal contexts. The Supreme Court has made it clear that “an agency’s decision not to prosecute or enforce, whether through civil or criminal process, is a decision generally committed to an agency’s absolute discretion.” Heckler v. Chaney 470 U.S. 821, 831 (1985).
So unconstitutional despite it being in practice (and supported by the courts) for decades. People here don't even seem averse to the idea of these people staying eventually just that Obama was the last one to do it, which is about as much thought as Trump probably put into it.

Pleebo must have selective memory and simply omitted the numerous times Obama declared on camera that he did not have he authority to do it.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 50 51 52