Random Politics & Religion #27

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #27
Random Politics & Religion #27
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 50 51 52
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-28 09:14:49  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
A brief pause to recognize how amazing Game of Thrones was tonight.
Its official. Game of Thrones is a religion.

Anna Ruthven said: »
Can you get a bachelor's degree in women's gender studies?
Women's studies, yes. Women's gender studies? No idea.

But as the current Scientific American illustrates, gender studies is a legitimate field of study.
Gender Studies is like the punchline to an awful joke that is regressive social justice.

If a person's argument revolves around their gender and not the actual quality of their case then it is conjecture by default.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-28 09:27:37  
I hope mexico doesnt get any dragons.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-28 10:17:41  
Guys.

Bachelor.

Women's Studies.

You people. Don't you know that forcing a woman to have a bachelor's degree is sexist? Why not a bachelorette's degree?

Patriarchy, that's why.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-28 10:27:30  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Nausi said: »
I hope mexico doesnt get any dragons.

They have Quetzalcoatl.
as far as mythological being go, isnt he a rather lazy one?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-28 11:36:56  
Guys.

Bachelor.

Women's Studies.

You people. Don't you know that forcing a woman to have a bachelor's degree is sexist? Why not a bachelorette's degree?

Patriarchy, that's why.

Why does it have to be binary? It's 2017. Get with the fluidity, already. Gaaaaaawwwwwd.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-28 12:24:44  
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Guys.

Bachelor.

Women's Studies.

Patriarchy, that's why.

Why does it have to be binary? It's 2017. Get with the fluidity, already. Gaaaaaawwwwwd.
brb checking privilege
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-28 13:52:05  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
I asked for something that linked the therapy to suicide in the causal way he's inferring. There was nothing like that.

Causality is very hard to prove in cases of psychology, so what you're asking for to either to prove or disprove his statement likely doesn't exist. At best you guys would be arguing over inconclusive data augmented with preconceived notions based on personal biases.

There is evidence that suicides among transgenders goes up post-surgery, the research stops just short of actually stating that the reassignment was casual for said suicides.

What it boils down to is that there are a host of underlying psychological issues involved and that going through a conversion surgery doesn't solve any of them and could exasperate untreated preexisting ones. Said issues should be identified and treated prior to attempting a surgery that alters the hormonal balance of the brain.

I'm not actually religious due to seeing my aunt flopping around in the floor and "talkin' ta Jesus" when I was three, so you can drop that line.

The fact you think religion has anything to do with a messiah figure shows how little you know.

Religion is about accepting something, anything, to be true because someone else told you it is. It's when you operate on an emotional subjective belief system instead of a rational objective one. Emotional subjective systems are far easier and make you feel good about yourself, rational objective ones suck *** and make you feel horrible about yourself.

You take things as true because believing them as true makes you feel better. Ergo, you are religious and your religion is your political ideology.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-28 13:56:13  
Candlejack said: »
So, it seems most of Trump's cyber security advisors just up and walked off the job about an hour ago. Welcome to today's episode of "As the Revolving Door Spins".

Welcome to today's episode of "Candlejack Explains it All... Wrong". First, we have to translate a few items so that they make sense to the rest of us.

"Most" = 8 out of 28
"An hour ago" = Last week

Next, we point out that these advisors to Homeland Security were appointed during the last administration, who couldn't control themselves enough to not include tired, partisan complaints in their resignation letter.

Lastly, we use this information to point out that Trump inadvertently drained the swamp a little bit without even having to try.

Thank you for joining us for today's episode! For tomorrow's episode, we're probably going to discuss... again... how the KKK is really only 0.01% as large as CJ thinks it as.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-08-28 14:11:04  
Next, we point out that these advisors to Homeland Security were appointed during the last administration, who couldn't control themselves enough to not include tired, partisan complaints in their resignation letter.

I think this really needs highlighting. Washington DC and it's surrounding area is hyper liberal, to the order of 95% Hillary support. It's just like California except on the other coast. Everything said out here needs to be taken with a mines worth of salt.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-08-28 14:29:56  
I thought you were on the team of people who think there is no relationship whatsoever, and bullying alone contributes to the suicide rates.
I never said this. My argument was that a variety of factors can go into it and I used suicide rates of various groups as examples. I think it's likely the most prevalent cause when it comes to the transgender community though because of how similar homosexuality and transgenderism have evolved in our culture and how they share many overlapping elements. This is not the equal but opposite argument to "but hormones did it".
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-28 15:07:55  

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-tower-moscow-felix-sater-michael-cohen-2017-8
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-28 15:17:27  
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-28 15:23:13  
More than 20 Texas representatives and senators voted against Sandy aid. How will they vote on Harvey?
LA Times. Opinion.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-28 15:32:51  
See that name? Felix Sater?

That guy flipped on the mafia.

This was the agreement:

https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/New_York_Southern_District_Court/1--13-cv-03905/Kriss_et_al_v._Bayrock_Group_LLC_et_al/docs/35/2.pdf

See that name at the bottom? That's Andrew Weissman. The one who is on Mueller's team.

I would suggest reading the article.

And for further consideration:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/08/felix-sater-donald-trump-russia-investigation.html

It's worth the read and is hilarious.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-08-28 16:36:53  
If they seek aid money for Harvey, they are hypocrites and shouldn't receive it.

It's a good idea to make normal people suffer just to spite a bunch of politicians.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-28 18:01:50  
If they seek aid money for Harvey, they are hypocrites and shouldn't receive it.
It's a good idea to make normal people suffer just to spite a bunch of politicians.
According to republicans its a good idea to make people suffer because deficits.

I would also remind you there was a call from republicans to punish somehow those who didn't evacuate New Orleans for Katrina.

Democrats however, seem to be more magnanimous.

Peter King: I won’t ‘abandon Texas’ the way Ted Cruz did NY
P. S. Ravel, no one in that article called for a *** for tat.

I suggest actually reading it.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-28 18:05:18  
When Sandy met Blue Jersey.
By Zerowone 2017-08-28 18:17:14  
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/28/japanese-government-warns-north-korea-missile-headed-toward-northern-japan-report-says.html

Shots fired. It flew over.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-08-28 18:23:19  
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/348327-trump-i-pardoned-arpaio-during-hurricane-because-i-thought-tv-ratings
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-28 20:37:48  
Eye opening too.

Good call.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-08-28 21:37:17  
Another take on the Texas hypocrisy thing:

Cruz, Texans accused of hypocrisy on Harvey aid

New Jersey and New York lawmakers say they'll back disaster relief for Texas — even if Texas Republicans didn't help them in 2012.

Politico

It would be fair to Sen, Cruz to ask what other payments to TX should get cut to balance the books.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-08-28 22:25:55  
If I sat and fired my rifle over a neighbor's house, I'd expect them to shoot back.

North Korea seems to be trying their best to start ***.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2017-08-29 07:37:35  
Good, it's about time that regime got *** flattened. You can thank Obama and Clinton (Bill) for giving them the means to do this.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-29 09:11:19  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
Another take on the Texas hypocrisy thing:

Cruz, Texans accused of hypocrisy on Harvey aid

New Jersey and New York lawmakers say they'll back disaster relief for Texas — even if Texas Republicans didn't help them in 2012.

Politico

It would be fair to Sen, Cruz to ask what other payments to TX should get cut to balance the books.

This is such garbage.

While the bill did include relief for victims of the disaster, it also almost included slush money for all 50 states. The aid was used as a vehicle to deliver pork to ever congressmen.

But yeah lets just pile on Texas et all, and point out some non-equivalent "hypocrisy". I don't know how people can get up and salivate so hard over such ***.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-08-29 09:13:33  
If I sat and fired my rifle over a neighbor's house, I'd expect them to shoot back.

I vote nuke em

YouTube Video Placeholder
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 50 51 52